Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 PM

Tor and Kof both exchanged what could only be described as 'holy shit' glances. When you'd spent your life hunting, bartering for, and growing most of your meals, someone bringing you food that you told them to bring you was completely astounding.
"And that's all?" Kof asked suspiciously, expecting a catch.

((My brain is a lump of meat, too. D8))

Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 08-08-2010, 05:02 AM

"Eh, more or less." Merak replied.
"Oi, Merak, what'd you want?" Aqua questioned with a poke.
"I don't really care. Whatever?"

About that time, the serving girl- the same girl who had been talking to Loki and Nyoka earlier- showed up at their table. Aqua gave her their orders, deciding on the same thing as Tor for himself and Merak.

((Okay, I thiiink this is mostly coherent. Sorry for just sort of rushing through that bit. :gonk: I'm totally out of it.))

Iltu

Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 PM

From the corner of his eye, Kof looked her up and down. She certainly wasn't bad looking! And, it would be good bragging rights with the other boys back home...
Just as Aqua finished giving their orders, Tor's eyes flicked to Kof, who was already drawing a breath to say something to the serving girl, and had turned himself towards her. Tor closed her eyes and stifled a groan, wishing she or Viv had said something to him about this sort of behavior- between the two of them, one of them should have realized that he'd be panting after the local girls. Too late now.

"What time are you done with work?" Kof asked, flashing her his most charming (which was mischievous and lacking much charm at all) 'yes, I am indeed everything you've ever wanted' fanged grin and resting his chin on his knuckles.

Tor couldn't help it. She let out that groan as quietly as she could and leaned back in her chair, looking at the ceiling.

((It is 100% coherent! c:))

Lathrine

Old 09-04-2010, 02:13 AM

She grinned at Kof's passes. "Sorry, but I already have a boyfriend."

Aqua snickered quietly.

Iltu

Old 09-04-2010, 02:31 AM

Kof's face fell for a fraction of a second before the not-so-charming grin was back. Aqua could get a dirty look later. "Well, no harm in showing me around and getting to know me a little, ri- ow!"

Tor folded her arms just beneath her chest, pursed her lips slightly, and stared at Kof across the table. At least the kick had shut him up. "You can ignore him," she said to the serving girl in the sweetest voice she could muster, dropping her arms so that her hands were clasped in her lap.

Kof's jaw dropped as he looked at Tor. Rude!

((...Er, I wasn't sure what their seating arrangements were, sorry if I messed it up. :c))

Lathrine

Old 09-25-2010, 02:47 AM

"'S alright," the serving girl reassure Tor, "Since it's not really busy right now, your food should be ready before too long," she nodded at them, then turned on her heel and made her way across the room, slipping into the kitchen.

((I'm sorry for all the short replies I've been giving lately. D: ))

Iltu

Old 09-26-2010, 03:35 PM

Kof watched her to the door- there was one more girl he wouldn't be getting. "Tor," he said once she'd gone into the kitchen, "What was that about!? I'm trying to get a girl, here."
"She wasn't interested in you," Tor scoffed. She looked plainly at Aqua and Merak. "Would you agree that she was not in any way interested in him?"
"I could've made her interested," Kof replied haughtily. "Why the lack of faith? Or are you jealous?" This last was said with a grin curling his lips.s.

Tor raised her eyebrows. It said enough.
"So no. ...Dumb question, yeah?"
"Entirely."

((That's alright! <3))

Lathrine

Old 10-28-2010, 01:42 AM

"He never had a chance. Sorry, Kof." Merak replied apologetically.

Aqua nodded his agreement before putting one elbow on the table and resting his chin in his hand. "So what so you two think of the festival so far?" the half-elf asked, deciding to change the subject and save Kof from anymore stupid answers or questions. For the time being, of course.

Iltu

Old 10-30-2010, 02:35 AM

Kof could only be saved from digging himself a hole of stupidity for so long, but still, he found himself appreciating Aqua's efforts. Merak, however. That boy received a dirty look.

"It's great," he said with a grin, "We don't have stuff like this back home."
"Well, we haven't seen much of the festival," Tor amended for him, "since we've been down at the ocean. That's enough to make this place wonderful, though." Here she broke into a grin. "I'm sure we'll love it."

Tor pulled some string from her pocket and pulled her hair back around the nape of her neck. Somehow, she managed to tie it back with minimal use of her already occupied hand so as to keep it out of the food. Viv's lecture on table manners hadn't left her mind, and it seemed like hair in the food would not be a welcomed thing here.

Lathrine

Old 12-24-2010, 04:34 PM

Merak flashed a grin in return for the glare before turning his attention back to the conversation at hand.

"Point," Aqua agreed, "But even so! We've still got half a day left, just about. I'm sure we can fit a ton in."

((/fail reply ;w; ))

Iltu

Old 01-10-2011, 01:30 PM

Though Viv had not mentioned it specifically, Kof had a feeling that headlocks inside of buildings were one of those things that were considered impolite in other cultures. Still, they probably didn't care as much if it was outside... And in his opinion, Merak deserved it.

"Will there be any music? Or dancing?" Tor asked eagerly. The vendors and stalls didn't really appeal to her. ...Well, except for the food ones, but she doubted those would be of much interest after lunch. Perhaps she might take a peek at the goods for sale, see if they perhaps had anything that might interest one of the pups back home. Still, that wasn't a horribly pressing matter, as she imagined they'd all be suitably pleased if she brought back a few interesting shells for each of them.

((Fffft, I wanna see the scuffle that would ensue if Kof actually tried to put Merak in a headlock. :'D
Also, not your reply is not a fail reply! ;a; ))

Lathrine

Old 04-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Poor Merak, not at all aware of Kof's plan for headlocks of revenge later. Of course, it wasn't like being aware of them would stop them from happening. Besides, revenge is best served in surprise.

Aqua grinned widely. "Oh, tons of both later on. Usually the dancing and music starts about sunset." Which was, in the long run, why they came. Seeing as they were the musically inclined of the bunch, the earth spirits provided the music for the evening dances.

Iltu

Old 04-09-2011, 05:13 PM

Kof wasn't a grudge holder, most of the time. Oh, he'd stay mad for a bit, but he was a simple creature. All was forgiven as soon as a punch was landed on the offender or a headlock was achieved. In the werewolf pup's world, tussles solved all minor problems between individuals. Kof wasn't aware that this bit of information wasn't in Merak's knowledge base quite firmly enough to warrant wariness.
Whether that fact would cause things to get rapidly out of hand or not remained to be seen.

Tor smiled delightedly, and almost couldn't stop herself from an excited clap- luckily she had enough self control to keep that sort of display to herself. "Great!" she said. "That's the best time for it, sunset and into the night." Her face fell slightly for a moment, however, as she realized something. "It's not dancing with steps we actually have to learn, is it?"

Lathrine

Old 07-07-2011, 04:08 AM

"No, not really." Merak replied, leaning forward and resting his arms on the table. "There's a little bit of waltzing and stuff with partners, but only a little."

And much later on in the day, since the dancing went on well into the night. All of the dances with partners were saved for after the sun had set, when things had cooled off a bit. And as Merak had said, there were only a few. They were easy enough to sit out on if someone didn't want to join in or learn the dance. "So after this, what do you guys want to go do?" Aqua asked. "We can go explore, if you'd like."

Iltu

Old 07-28-2011, 08:24 PM

Kof raised his eyebrows as Merak mentioned waltzing, and smirked. Recalling how Nami had been teaching D'iala dance steps at Dancing Moon, he said, "Bet Mouse Bones is gonna love that part of the festival." He glanced in the direction the serving girl had gone as he said it, wondering when the food would be brought to them. Maybe a different girl would bring it.
One who was single and easily charmed.
That would be nice.

"Exploring would be nice, yes," Tor said. "I wouldn't know what else to do! This seems more involved than any of our festivals."