Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2007, 01:01 PM

@nike: If I were you, I'd deny those people candy! Just have one pile of mints and one mile of candies - and the bad costumes get mints! Bwahahaha! >;D

@Yreka: Oooh! I only know bits and pieces about Tarot - my friend is a professional Tarot-reader and I only know the random things he sometimes says during conversation. X3 Obviously you know much, much more than me!
It's always fun to find this kind of stuff out though - knowing these kinds of things and mythology really helps with getting inspiration to write/draw!

titaneatomoe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 PM

*sigh* i have to work on halloween night...so i wont be able to take my son out trick or treeting this year T_T

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM

@Lejic
That's actually not a bad idea, I could actually just stop off at the grocery store tonight and pick up some of the left over cheap candy (basically sugar-free lollipops). Mints are too good for those slackers, they should get no sugar.

@titaneatomoe
I'm sorry to hear that, is there a possibility of switching with someone? I know I would always get stuck working holidays and my birthday when I worked in retail (partly because I was too nice and kept saying 'sure'). How's your son going to get trick or treating?

Psychominako
*^_^*

Old 10-29-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lejic
@Skailer: 1. I'm sorry you don't get too many trick and treaters! It'd be more fun if a lot of kids came, wouldn't it?
2. Ooooh my! You make your own candyyy? I'm not a candy fan, but that sounds fun too! And yummy! My friend makes candy at home - I don't like manufactured candies but hers I eat for sure!

^^ I don't mind not having kids around. They can be kinda annoying, but I do miss seeing the real little ones in their adorable costumes. X3

But yeah, I tend to make candies around Christmas time. My favorte is Almond brittle. ^^ Its nummy.

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2007, 01:12 PM

@titaneatnomoe: Awwww! ;__; *hug* I'm sorry!

@nike: Yaaay! Gogo evil plan! >;D

@Skailer: ...I just got the cutest mental image with 5-7 year-olds in costumes! That must be so cuuute!

Mmmm... Almond...

titaneatomoe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM

ive been trying to get someone to take my shifts but most of them are young and they all have things plained for the night -_- Oh my son will most likely go with his cousin but still i cant belive they scheduled me in when they know i have a son. they diddnt make any other mother work that night >.<

Psychominako
*^_^*

Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 PM

They are! Sometimes parents take them to the shopping mall for trick or treating. The little girls are princesses and unicorns, and boys are ninja turtles or superman. But the babies take the cake in those little fuzzy costumes like Winnie the Pooh. X3 I just want to pinch their cheecks!

titaneatomoe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 01:17 PM

Not my son, he's going as Godzilla costume complete with lights LOL

Psychominako
*^_^*

Old 10-29-2007, 01:20 PM

XD Godzilla....You should totally give him a barbie or some tpe of doll's head to chew on. XD

titaneatomoe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 01:23 PM

LOL oh he found my old stash of dolls that i wanted to keep cause they are old and collectibul...and he deystrayed most of them ^^;;; he is my little godzilla

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:24 PM

Thats not good titaneatomoe, honestly people don't seem to have right priorities. I would trade with someone if they were going to take their child trick-or-treating, even if I had a party to go to cause parties are less important than family (at least to me).

That's gotta be a cool costume >< My brother was so into Godzilla, I ended up watching way too many of those movies.

Hyde
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 PM

That image is hilarious x3

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2007, 01:26 PM

@titaneatnomoe: That's mean! :[ They could've asked you. I think mothers being with their children is more important than a young person's party, since it's not as special as a Family Moment. *patpat* Next year you hopefully won't work on Halloween!

@Skailer: Oh my! Winnie the Pooh babies... That just sounds so, so adorable! And little fairies and princesses and ninja turtles! Awww... I'm missing out on so much!

@titaneatnomoe: Yay for Godzilla! XDD

And yes, definitely a Barbie to chew on!!

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:31 PM

There is a backup plan, you could call in sick *cough cough* Its bad and dishonest, I know but honestly, considering how many times people have done that to get to a party early, I think you're allowed to do it to have family time.

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2007, 01:32 PM

@Hyde: <3 <3 Thank you! =^-^=

@nike: You are evil, but with morals! 8D Gogo nike!

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:

@Yreka: Oooh! I only know bits and pieces about Tarot - my friend is a professional Tarot-reader and I only know the random things he sometimes says during conversation. X3 Obviously you know much, much more than me!
It's always fun to find this kind of stuff out though - knowing these kinds of things and mythology really helps with getting inspiration to write/draw!
  • Do you know which deck he uses? Also, are his readings face-to-face or done long distance? Just kinda wondering since that might tell me quite a bit about how he reads/what he does.
    Inspiration is always good. :3

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM

@Yreka: He does it face-to-face. The person whose Tarot...thing (I don't know what to call it in English!) he's reading picks out the cards - he just tells them how many numbers to pick, etc.

Edit: And I don't know for sure which deck he uses, but I'm pretty sure it's not the Celtic one.

nike13
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 PM

Yeah, I've had people call in 'sick' on me a lot and it was either that they partied too much the night before or they're getting ready to party hard. Those few times it was for a family function, I was happy to help because family is important. I'd rather be called in if someone got scheduled when their child was supposed to have their birthday party rather than so-and-so wants to gets plastered. The first is being a responsible parent, the second is being plan irresponsible.

Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
@Yreka: He does it face-to-face. The person whose Tarot...thing (I don't know what to call it in English!) he's reading picks out the cards - he just tells them how many numbers to pick, etc.

Edit: And I don't know for sure which deck he uses, but I'm pretty sure it's not the Celtic one.
  • Okay then. He's likely using an energy-based reading though and just instructing them to choose the ones that feel good to make a spread. Then it would be a question of does he have the person interpret or does he himself see stuff on the cards. And then it would be a question of solid this WILL happen answers or more this might happen. There are some overly strict codes for some people that dictate something exact with each card. I don't believe in that kind.

There are a few Celtic decks out there. xD

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreka
  • Okay then. He's likely using an energy-based reading though and just instructing them to choose the ones that feel good to make a spread. Then it would be a question of does he have the person interpret or does he himself see stuff on the cards. And then it would be a question of solid this WILL happen answers or more this might happen. There are some overly strict codes for some people that dictate something exact with each card. I don't believe in that kind.

There are a few Celtic decks out there. xD
Well, he interprets(spelling?) them himself, but never says "this and this will happen" - he usually says things like "something will make you happy in a few months" and/or something along the lines of "something will happen in your workplace or school that will effect you negatively". That sort of thing. He also allows the person to ask questions. They ask the question (they can tell him the question or not) and they draw three cards, and depending on the cards, he tells them whether the answer is positive or not.
I've never heard vim use definite answers - I do know what you're talking about though, I flipped through a Tarot book and saw all those strict explanations - "you get the 5 of Cups, you win the lottery" kind of things (yes I know I'm exaggerating but you know what I mean). He's not like that, as far as I know.

titaneatomoe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 02:08 PM

LOL not a bad idea but theres one problem with that...ive actually never called in sick ive always went into work even when i was ill and worked as long as i could handel till they sent me home. there is actually only one person who makes the schedules and She's a mother to...and her son and my son are both named daniel, and i like working with he alot..however she is one of thouse "typical blondes" ^^; I dont work today but i do tomorrow so im going to look through the book to see who i havent asked yet and hope to get lucky.

Shirololi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM

I dress up and eat candy. Lots and lots of candy xD
That's pretty much it >.>;

Bug-a-Boo
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-29-2007, 02:13 PM

Woo~ I'm, in the US,I,personally,LOVE Halloween :rofl: I love to dress up :3 Even if I'm not going anywhere,it's the holiday spirit! O: I used to love trick or treating when I was little :3 I havn't been in a long time,last year,my mom,dad,my sister and myself went out to eat in costume,atleast my mom and I were in costume,rofl XD I went as a Bunny last year :3 This year I'll either be a Vampire or a Princess,rofl~ 8D My sweet angel love,Mikey,might go as "The Grim Reaper" which would be awesome XD We're prolly gonna go trick-or-treating in a safer part of a neighborhood for fun,since we havn't been in a long time :3 We're gonna scare the children! Woo! :rofl:

We never gave out candy,we just went and GOT candy,when me n my sis were little,Though,people never came to our house,so it didn't matter,roflrofl,but yes,My mom and dad have went to a few Halloween costume parties,and they won once :3 My mom knows how to make good costumes,and shes great with make-up~ (8 My mom and dad got married on Halloween,it's,one of her favorite holidays,needless to say @____@ But anyway,I blabber a lot,rofl XD Happy Halloween to all! And to all a good night! 8D

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM

@Shirololi: That's gooood! 8D

@Bug-a-Boo: Yay for true lovers of Halloween! And awww your parents got married on Halloween? That must've been one fun wedding!! And also yay for dressing up! That's much better than the candy, no? ;D

Kenshin Himura
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Kenshin Himura Send a message via MSN to Kenshin Himura Send a message via Yahoo to Kenshin Himura

Old 10-29-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't really celebrate halloween that much anymore, I usually just do this online stuff that the forums I use have.