God/dess X Hero
Slayer X Demon
Demon X Fallen Angel
Mercenary X Anything on the List
Reincarnation
Transported to Alternate Universe

Genre
fantasy, sci-f
and this was what I had last posted in the thread.

Quote:
ummmm I thought they were hunting down souls that had avoided death. I was thinking that these people are braking the Time lock on the time stream with Dalorian's and TARDIS and such like... well maybe not those two, but things like them. its just happends that the reincarnated people should have lived out long and healthy lives but because of people messing with time (killing Hitler early, or saving him so he could keep the war going) they died. so when they fix their time line they become a duplacait of the soul that now gets to live out the life it should have. I love paradox's.
But if you want to plot about a different one of your choice we could. I am not fully attached with what we had been talking about.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-21-2014, 09:49 PM

Hmmm, let me see which things on this list I don't have going right now. I'll gray out the roles I currently have.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 01-21-2014, 09:51 PM

Very good then. I really dont mind playing repeat plots with different people. so there is no worry bout me having more then one of the plot.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-21-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Elf X Human
Elf X Knight
Elf X Other Planer Entity
Elf X Royalty
Forest Guardian X Human
Exiled Prince/ss X Exiled Prince
Drow X Drow
Drow X Law Officer
Drow X Royalty
Drow X Thief
Drow X Magical Being
Drow X Dragon Tider
Drow X Hunter (could be Grimm)
Royalty X Dragon Rider
Royalty X Rival Kingdoms Royalty
Royalty X Guard/Knight
Royalty X Time Traveler
Hacker X Magical Being
Angel X Human
Angel X Fallen Angel
Angel X Demon
Angel X Elf
Angel X Magic User
Witch Hunter X Magic User
Supernatural X Supernatural
Supernatural X Hunter
God/dess X Hero
Slayer X Demon
Demon X Fallen Angel
Mercenary X Anything on the List
Reincarnation
Transported to Alternate Universe

Genre
fantasy, sci-f
XD So long as I'm not a drow or a knight, I would be happy with any of those. It was hard enough to find one picture... not sure I could find another. ^^;

Right now, I'm almost learning toward a hero x goddess story or a witch hunter x magic user. The mercenary x anything also sounds fun.

Lunna Dea

Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 PM

oh my. the main reason I have the drow up is I love playing Elistreen drow. so no worries about me asking you to play the drow.

you seem to be wanting a story of a hunt.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM

Yes! A hunt sounds fun. I love action/adventure roleplays as well as crime dramas. Fantasy doesn't need to be involved, but it does make things fun. I also love my sci-fi/futuristic worlds, but playing the days of old is great too. I'm not terribly picky when it comes to genres. The only thing I won't do is a school RP. Cannot stand those. >.<

So if we go with a hunt theme, do we want it to be your typical hunter/slayer story or one with an assassin who's "hunting" for his/her mark?

Lunna Dea

Old 01-22-2014, 06:05 PM

I agree with out about school RP I know that some people like them and there is a small group of school RP's that I will play, Yet I dont like playing kids or teens and so many want to. I do not understand why people what to play something that we all have to go through in real life. that is why the only school RP's listed on my list involve magic or something like metahumans.

lately I have been wanting a Sci-fi as all my stories I am in are fantasy. granted one of mine could be called fantastic Sci-fi as it is a lost colony with mages, but I am wanting space ships and stations.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-22-2014, 07:04 PM

I'm okay with sci-fi/futuristic settings. Wouldn't need magic there, either, if it was far enough in the future that people had body enhancements and manipulations.

Lunna Dea

Old 01-22-2014, 07:19 PM

off topic but you know when I started reading your setting for Threat Level I thought of my own Tech City. it was just the setting before you added the supernatural and the criminals. So on a planet or on a space station.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:33 PM

That's so funny you mentioned that because I was just thinking that we could probably use that same city! It would be very easy to move it elsewhere - space station or planet. A space station sounds like it could be fun. I would go that direction, if it were up to me.

Lunna Dea

Old 01-22-2014, 08:38 PM

I would not want to play in the city of Threat Level because then the plots might get tied into each others or posts get mixed up. although I have been interesed in Threat Level I just could not think of a character. if we were to play a Bounty hunter and his pray which would you want to play? I had the thought that maybe we could start in one place and have the hunt go somewhere else. We may have to double for it to fully work but I would not mind.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:49 PM

Well, Threat Level is technically in Boston. But the idea of the futuristic city could be easily moved anywhere. Doesn't need to be Boston. Just the concept would be borrowed. Not necessarily the SFA and criminal aspect, either. I was thinking along the lines of robots and high-tech gear. The ability to change things via virtual machines. That kind of stuff.

And you won't have to worry about me mixing plots. I wouldn't even throw the same characters into this story. Reino, Sycom, and Ashes wouldn't fit here.

Bounty Hunter x Mark... I could swing either way. I'm not overly fond of playing helpless characters, so if I were to take on the mark, this character would be a crafty individual, very capable of taking care of him/herself. It would tie in nicely with leaving the area and going elsewhere. I can't think of a better way to lose a hunter then to up and ditch your planet (place) for a new one. So that works for me. And I can double, triple, quadruple... I can probably go up to ten before I start losing it. Five tends to be my max, though.

Lunna Dea

Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 PM

I dont think I could go over four and at least one of them would be a Really old RP character so that I could keep every one in line.

To me its a given that Sci-fi would have lots of fancy tech, odd races, and such like that. I love tech that can change the appearance of the person.

what are your favorite Sci-Fi shows? for me its Babylon 5, Deep Space 9, Farscape, and a few more I cant think of at this time.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-22-2014, 09:37 PM

Favorite sci-fi shows? Hmmm, not sure I have any. I do, however, have a lot of sci-fi movies I love like... Star Wars, Avatar, Pacific Rim, Iron Man/Avengers, The Hunger Games, The Colony, Cowboys & Aliens, Tron: Legacy, etc.

Lunna Dea

Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 AM

I would like to point out that Ironman/Advengers is considered a superhero movie not Sci-fi. When it comes to moves its Star Wars, Avatar, Tron, Treasure Planet, Titen AE, Fifth Element.

Oh and dont forget Firefly! must never forget that.

I had asked so I could get a feel of your likes in sci-fi and that way we could have points of referance for things we know in tech and such.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Iron Man, as well as all the other Marvel movies, is Science Fiction. Sci-Fi isn't limited to futuristic worlds or space. Sci-Fi covers innovations and advances in the tech, too. I would certainly call a flying suit of armor an innovation not to mention, what about that giant floating ship in the sky (as seen in Avengers)? The arc reactor in his chest as well as the tesseract are also sci-fi elements. Not to mention, Thor's from another world. All these elements overlap in the different movies (well, the recent ones) so even Captain America, who originally made contact with the tesseract, has sci-fi elements even in its historical setting.

Sorry, I'm an Avengers fan, if it wasn't obvious with Tony Stark in my signature. ^^;

But I suppose everyone has their own spin on sci-fi. I just tend to follow the one found in a dictionary:
Quote:
Science fiction is a genre of fiction dealing with imaginative content such as futuristic settings, futuristic science and technology, space travel, time travel, parallel universes, and extraterrestrial life.
Besides, IMDB lists Iron Man as sci-fi! I believe it even calls out that it has "intense sequences of sci-fi action" listed in its PG-13 rating review.

Last edited by Xavirne; 01-23-2014 at 01:13 PM..

Lunna Dea

Old 01-23-2014, 06:44 PM

I scoff at IMDB's listing it as Sci-fi. if I were the one listing it I would have put it under fantsay, because some of the stuff Stan and them created never would work without magic. so I put all super hero movies in that catagory.

and yes i could tell you were a fan of Ironman. I have to say I am more a fan of Batman but he runs a close second.

I think part of the reason I think it not sci-fi is because of Isaac Asimov who tired to put ture since in all his Sci-fi. I used to read his magazine.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-23-2014, 07:14 PM

Not sure I see the 'fantasy' theme you're suggesting. I still list it science fiction since the tech comes from another world. So what might seem like "magic" to us might be completely normal to them. Thor thought coffee was pretty magical so I can only imagine that we might find stuff from Asgard as something... otherworldly.

Off the topic of superheroes, who's this Isaac Asimov person? I'm not really a reader of sci-fi stuff. I guess you could say I'm more of a mech/mecha and advanced tech kind of fan, especially going off the majority of movies I like. I would say Star Wars and War of the Worlds are probably the two movies that far more in-line with your thoughts on science fiction.

Lunna Dea

Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 PM

I am floored you know not who Isaac Asimov is. he was one of the leading writers in the golden age of Sci-fi, he had a Sci-fi magazine that had in it short stories form many different authors and he had a part each month that talked about different sciences and how they might evolve as the future happened. Anne McCaffry send in her first short story that later became the dragon riders of Pern. many of the Sci-fi writers of today were kids growing up reading his magazine. He was the writer of I, Robot. and if I am correct he was the first author to put in the three laws of robots.

Now I am not saying he was a great writer of stories by any stretch of the imagination, in point of fact he is drier then J.R.R. Tolkien in my book. yet he was good at speculating on what science would do, and good at finding authors out there that were writing well.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 PM

Well, I did state that I don't really read science fiction. I only recently started reading, to be honest. I never found it fun or worth my time, granted, I was in school up until now so I was swamped with textbooks and essays. Now that I'm free, I can indulge in a book. I'm currently tackling the Hunger Games trilogy. One book down, two to go!

I had no idea I, Robot was even based on a book. O.O The things I learn. But, again, I never dabbled in reading so why would I know? And Tolkien's the Lord of the Rings person, right? I never got into that series (movies nor the books) so I'm afraid that series is outside my realm of knowledge. ^^;

Lunna Dea

Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 PM

I have forgotten how much of an odd duck I am, I eat up books like there is no tomorrow. granted the Hunger Games is not one that I have been interested in. I have had people tell me they are good and I have had people try to tell me all about them. most movies say if you look at the credits that they are based on a book. Stardust and Howl's Moving Castle are both based on books as well, just FYI.

yes Tolkien is the author of LotR, also the Hobbit. but the movies do not have the dryness that I find in the books. granted I am one of only a few people that i know that think that book set is dry but that is the way of it. and it is not for every one so I dont worry you have never seen it.

where Isaac Asimov is sometimes called the father of modern Sci-fi, J.R.R. Tolkien is called the father of modern Fantasy. it is his version of elves that most people think of when they think of elves. Forgotten Relmes/D&D based their elves off of Tolkien's.

but we seem to have wandered father off topic then I had meant to. so how far ahead shall our tech base go?

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-23-2014, 08:17 PM

I guess that would depend on what you like. You seem to have a specific like for sci-fi/fantasy, so we'll run off your likes/wants.

Lunna Dea

Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 PM

here is what I would like. a sci-fi/fantastic(some fantasy elements) Sci-fi, set sometime in the far future where we have spaceship, space station and the ability with tech to change some if not all of your appearance. that tech may be illegal in part or whole. like a full change suite/nano tech might be illegal but to have the change suit/nano tech to change your hair color/length is not.

I am sorry if I am sounding like a snob. I am trying not to be, I just want to hash out exactly the type of tech we have.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 01-23-2014, 08:28 PM

Next round of questions...

Why are people on this space station? How easy is it for them to leave? If they leave, where could they go? A nearby planet or another station? What do these people on the station do? Is it just a floating thing that astronauts would use? Or is the station actually a 'planet' of sorts where people live?

Lunna Dea

Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 PM

my thoughts on the space station is that it is like a large floating market where you can buy anything you want... for a price. there are going to be things that are illegal but there are also people that know how to get them on the station. it is a place where disputes between races can be aired without war being the ending of it... most of the time. maybe it floats over a planet, maybe that planet is the top vacation spot in the known space. I am not locked into an idea for the station. but I am thinking that it has to have lots of people coming and going.

fully habitability with a gravity of it own. it dose not matter if it has gravity generators like DS9 or is spinning around a hallow core to create centrifugal force for gravity.