Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-29-2018, 03:17 AM

I'll try it! :D

I'm going to a waterpark resort thing this weekend! Well it's for a businessy meeting for work but we're staying overnight so we can go to the water park. It's indoors (at least the indoor part is open this time of the year, there's outdoor too but it's closed in the winter obviously!)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-05-2018, 11:21 AM

have fun lalalallama

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-09-2018, 01:56 AM

I had a good time!

Today was my birthday and I spent part of the day drawing pets at my friend's pet store. I made some money doing that and then the husband and I went out for dinner. :3 now we're going to watch a movie.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-19-2019, 10:02 PM

Booping the thread.

So an update from me! I spent the last few weeks in the process of getting diagnosed with adult adhd. I got a diagnosis and today I've started medication. It's like a new world, holy crap!

Other than that, I had a convention last weekend and was in North Carolina for about a week. Next week I'm going to Orlando Florida and then going on a cruise! :D Super excite!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 01-21-2019, 06:27 AM

my sister got diagnosed with adult add just last year. she's still unfocused. i hope the meds are treating you right!

also, i love your avatar. such nice colors

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2019, 04:50 AM

Haven't posted in here for a bit but I've been lurking.

@Linnea, I was on one medication and it was pretty good. But my insurance wouldn't cover it. I was able to do a free trial though for a month. I was prescribed something different this month and I literally had a panic attack yesterday from it. It was awful. I'm still not feeling right today. :( There's a chance I'll have to go without meds this month and try to make do. u_u

Otherwise things are going well here.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 03-05-2019, 11:29 PM

oh man that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience at all. i've worked with a lot of kids over the years who are always bouncing from one medication to another to try and figure out which ones work the best with the least amount of side effects, it's hard. i hope that you feel better soon!

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-08-2019, 01:51 AM

My Dr said to take half the capsule. I'm doing better on that but I like what I was taking before. I hope my insurance will let me go back to it!

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2019, 04:40 PM

Haven't posted here in a bit but...

1) Think I found something that worked. Kinda. Maybe?

2) I have a big con coming up. Lots to do in prep for it (actual work for the convention like getting their program app set up, lots of design work that needs to be done, like sign printing and stuff). Then i need to restock my artist alley items for this show. But here I am playing on Avi sites. FML.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-10-2019, 11:08 PM

yea?! that's good! i hope it fits with what you can get through your insurance!

and a con too?! that's awesome! so you work for a con? is that right?

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2019, 11:23 PM

Yeah it's something that is working that my insurance will cover.

I work for a few different cons, but I handle their graphic design, printed media, websites, and do some illustration work too. This one is the biggest but I'm also doing artist alley there too. I'm a little stressed LOL

How have you been?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-11-2019, 01:41 AM

that's awesome! i hear that it doesn't always work out like that

but that's so cool! i didn't know you were a graphic artist, but then i haven't done a whole lot of talking in here until somewhat recently :P

and i'm doing ok, thanks! i am less stressed out now since this huge exam i had been studying for i finally had today. i won't know if i pass for almost two months (6 weeks at least) sooo i am just relaxing and reveling in this no stress life for the moment! watching some supernatural and making some avis here.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-11-2019, 07:48 PM

Yay! I hope you did well on your exam! It's always relieving when something you were stressing about is over with.

Yeah, I'd previously worked in retail as a store manager but was offered this position and I'm much happier. I work at home getting to do what I enjoy. So while it's a lot of work at times, it doesn't feel anything like the work I did before. At least when I make something I'm proud of, I can keep being proud of it rather than watch someone tear it apart (like my endcaps and store displays)

Other than that, I've been lurking a lot myself. I've been super busy getting my new site set up and ready but poking around here and a few other places I frequent when I need to look at something else.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-11-2019, 10:49 PM

yea i am very happy to be done and do somethings i want to do again, like reading books for pleasure and play computer games lol

so the new gig definitely sounds better than the retail gig. i did retail many years ago and it can be difficult if you aren't a people person... which i am not really a people person lol definitely a loner. but i am glad you're happier!

you have a new site too? what kind of site is it?

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-12-2019, 01:29 AM

It's definitely always good to get a break! :D

I'm a loner and not much of a people person either. So spending 10+ hours a day 5+ days a week, interacting with people was a bit much for me. I did a lot of open to close shifts too. It got to the point where the money wasn't worth the drain and anxiety. But I later found out the anxiety was based on the ADHD problems (like sensory overload). So I'm happy to be alone for half the day and be able to do things I want and have some freedom even if I make less now. It's definitely a bonus!

I have an avatar community, Avaricia, that I'm re-working and reopening as a new site/browser game with a bit of a different direction. It's called Avalyss. But I'm about ready to start letting some of the old members of Avaricia on it. It's just not as populated with much for items and content yet, and it's little more than an avatar community right now. I'm trying to get it more to an RPG lite state before I open up for more Alpha testers. :)

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-20-2019, 03:12 PM

*poofs in*

I heard cons mentioned.

Otakon's in 66-something days. and I'm slooooooooooooowly getting prepared.

I'll prolly be bouncing off the walls in 30 days, lol.

*poofs out*

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2019, 08:36 PM

I still don't know if I'm doing Otakon yet or not. :x

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-20-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion Uzuki View Post
I still don't know if I'm doing Otakon yet or not. :x
I already pre-registered, so I'm kinda committed, lol.

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-20-2019, 10:35 PM

I haven't been to Otakon since it moved to DC. I have a friend that's going that has room space but I don't know if I can commit right now or not.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-21-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
It's definitely always good to get a break! :D

I'm a loner and not much of a people person either. So spending 10+ hours a day 5+ days a week, interacting with people was a bit much for me. I did a lot of open to close shifts too. It got to the point where the money wasn't worth the drain and anxiety. But I later found out the anxiety was based on the ADHD problems (like sensory overload). So I'm happy to be alone for half the day and be able to do things I want and have some freedom even if I make less now. It's definitely a bonus!

I have an avatar community, Avaricia, that I'm re-working and reopening as a new site/browser game with a bit of a different direction. It's called Avalyss. But I'm about ready to start letting some of the old members of Avaricia on it. It's just not as populated with much for items and content yet, and it's little more than an avatar community right now. I'm trying to get it more to an RPG lite state before I open up for more Alpha testers. :)
there is definitely something be said for a little mental health break. i have definitely taken a job that pays less because i got burned out.

but the avatar site seems like something that could be great, mad props to you for starting something up! that's brave and also cool

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-21-2019, 11:02 PM

@Linnea, I'd have to say I'm much happier!

I'm basically taking my old site and building something new from the code we're using and making it more modern. Then kind of steering away from avatar forum and more toward a game with a community aspect. :3 It's been fun to work on so far, and also because my abilities are far better than they were when i started the old one in 2008. :x

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-23-2019, 01:22 AM

happiness certainly counts for something!

and 10+ years is a lot of time for technology to catch up to ideas. a gaming community sounds really neat though and more promising as far as keeping people interested. i'd be interested in checking it out so let me know when it's good to go and i'll go look around!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 05-24-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I haven't been to Otakon since it moved to DC. I have a friend that's going that has room space but I don't know if I can commit right now or not.
Ultimately, it's up to you whether or not you want to go. I went in 2017, and the new location is abso-freaking-lutely amazeballs. So much bigger than the BCC was! I'm kicking myself for not going last year, though, because Shoji Kawamori was there. I'm still weeping internally. Kari Wahlgren's gonna be there this year, so I'm pretty sure I have something she can sign, since she's been in almost everything, lol. Other than that, the guest list is looking to be interesting.

If you don't go, you can always live vicariously through the photos people take. I'm pretty sure we'll be posting pics to the (unofficial)Otakon discord, lel

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-17-2019, 02:11 AM

Sorry for the long lapse in reply, I got really busy! D:

@onsenmark
It looks like I'm going with a friend of mine since he's getting two hotel rooms. The husband will be out of town so it'll be nice to go instead of being at home at least. :)

A few years ago there was a lot more lolita fashion activities but they've been dropping the ball on that. So I'll probably just go to hang out and wear the fashion at least. lol

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal

Old 06-19-2019, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the long lapse in reply, I got really busy! D:

@onsenmark
It looks like I'm going with a friend of mine since he's getting two hotel rooms. The husband will be out of town so it'll be nice to go instead of being at home at least. :)

A few years ago there was a lot more lolita fashion activities but they've been dropping the ball on that. So I'll probably just go to hang out and wear the fashion at least. lol
Yeah, I'm hoping I can finish all the major things in time; the final one is getting my cut of the hotel costs paid off, and I'm almost certain I can get that done this week, no problem.

I hope.

Yeah, it sucks they put the Lolita Garden on hiatus this year. Then again, I think they've only done the Garden since the move to DC, so don't hold me to that. I don't remember Otakon having it in Baltimore, though...

A lot of people from discord are going to be in the Marquis, so it's going to be... interesting, lol.