Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-23-2013, 07:13 AM

(Team Hana works too.)

Areku had a small smirk upon his face as he heard about the test. 'Sounds interesting...' he thought to himself. Two members having to find something within the Emerald Forest.

Once the speech was done, Blake noticed that Naruto was looking at her with narrowed eyes, more so at her bow then anything else. 'Did he figure out what I am?' she asked herself, knowing that there was history between canine and feline type of faunices...and not much of it was good.

Ruby couldn't help but giggle lightly as to how Naruto was acting, though she was a little surprised as to how Blake reprimanded them both before the speech began. She had to admit that she was a little nervous as to all of this, but knew that she could handle just about anything, especially with Crescent Rose in her hands.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-23-2013, 08:13 AM

Hikari stretched and cracked her back. "Well, I'm ready." She said, turning to Areku. "I guess I'll see you in the forest. It will be interesting to see who ends up being paired together." She said.

"Hey, guys...how are we gonna know who our partner is when we get tot he forest?" He asked. He was sure that hadn't been mentioned in the speech. "I mean, it's probably not gonna be our choice. That would be too easy, dattebayo."

((Shall Wolfie make another character? Or would you like to?))

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-24-2013, 01:37 AM

(I’d like to create the other character actually.)

”Likewise Kari-chan,” Areku said after Ozpin had finished his speech. Now all they had to do was to wait for the entrance exams to start. Once that would happen, then it seemed to be fair game, or so it seemed.

Blake nodded, knowing what Naruto meant. ”Perhaps we just pair up with the first person we meet?” Blake asked, though even she wasn’t sure about that. She wished that Ozpin had explained that portion of the exam as well. Sighing lightly, all they could do now was get ready…and hoped that they lived through all of this, she at least hoped Ruby and Naruto lasted long enough, since she found them to be good company.

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 12-24-2013 at 01:40 AM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-24-2013, 05:27 AM

((Okay, cool.))

Hikari smiled. "Well, I may as well go get ready. The exam is tomorrow morning, and we have to sleep in the auditorium until we get dorms, so I should get a good spot while I can."

Naruto nodded. "It would be something like that, dattebayo. They'll probably tell us just before we start." He guessed.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-24-2013, 05:39 AM

(I'll edit my first post in a minute with the character)

"Probably a good idea," Ark replied before sighing lightly. It was a shame that he hadn't learned how to use his Aura yet, otherwise he could have asked to put a tracking seal on Kari, just to help keep his mind at ease. Especially after that incident...

"It wouldn't surprise me," Blake replied as she saw Ruby leave in order to get a spot next to someone she called Yang. Not knowing who that was, Blake mentally shrugged. She had a feeling that she would find out later. Seeing that everyone but her, Naruto and a boy with white hair, 'weird by the way,' she thought, the catgirl sighed lightly. "You've been staring at my ribbon for a while now Naruto. Is there a reason for it?" she asked, having a feeling that he started to suspect just what she was.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-24-2013, 07:29 AM

Naruto looked at the girl and crossed his arms, eyes flicking to her bow momentarily. "I understand wanting to hide it." He said in place of answering her question. "It's difficult. And you probably have your own reasons. But I can tell. I figure if you're hiding it here, with so many other's around, then all I can say is be careful."

Hikari found herself a quiet spot near a window in the room where all the new students were setting up for the night. Sleeping on the floor was a new experience for her, but she found that she didn't mind it all that much.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-24-2013, 11:42 PM

"I do have my own reasons, and I will be careful, promise. And someday...I will tell you those reasons, but not here, not in the open like this," Blake replied with a light grin on her face, glad that Naruto cared. The feline faunice didn't want anyone to accidentally overhear her talking about her time with the White Fang, especially Weiss Schnee. If anyone found out that she worked for them...she just knew she would be hunted down for what everyone didn't understand. "Why don't we head inside and get some sleep? I'm sure tomorrow will be quite interesting," she asked, yawning lightly as she did so.

Areku practiced for a little while with his quarterstaff, making sure to keep its secondary function from activating before these so-called exams of theirs. Feeling someone watching, he slowly stopped. "Who's out there! Show yourself!" he shouted, causing a black-haired female to show up with a guilty look on her face.

"Um...this is Beacon, right? I got a little lost..." she admitted before seeing the white-haired boy sigh lightly and nod. "Thanks. My name's Amaya, though people usually shorten it to Maya, and you are..."

"Areku, or Ark. A pleasure meeting you Maya-chan," Ark replied before explaining to her what she had missed and told her to go inside. He was going to head in shortly himself. Seeing the petite girl go inside, he couldn't help but shake his head lightly. 'First Kari-chan and now Maya-chan...though what happened to Amaya for her to gain those eyes?' he thought to himself before heading inside.

Last edited by Phoenix of the Immortal; 12-24-2013 at 11:45 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-26-2013, 05:06 AM

Naruto nodded and gave a reassuring grin. "No problem, you don't have to explain. Just remember that I'm looking out for you. If you need anything, I'm right here, dattebayo" He promised, turning to head inside. He was tired, and he wanted to be well rested for the test.

((Shall we skip to the next day and the test?))

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-26-2013, 05:11 AM

(I believe we should. Also I know it's late, but Merry Christmas)

Blake smiled lightly at the retreating blonde fox, glad that he wasn't forcing the issue like Adam would have. Her ex-partner...shaking her head lightly to get him out of her head, she too turned and headed inside. Blake knew that she would need her sleep for whatever came tomorrow.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-26-2013, 08:22 AM

The next morning, Hikari woke with the dawn and got ready, too nervous to sleep. She was terrified that she would fail the test miserably, and be exposed as the incompetent failure she was. What if she got kicked out? She shook her head. She couldn't- no, wouldn't let that happen. "I'll just have to work harder than ever before."

Naruto woke up at the last possible minute, and rushed to get dressed and grab his weapon. He smiled at it for a second, proud of it. He had created it himself. It was just a simple blade, at least to the naked eye. But it was engraved with runes and had all kinds of Dust encased in the handle, which allowed him to use any element he chose in conjunction with his blade. He was super excited to prove himself.

Last edited by ~Wild Spirit Wolf~; 12-27-2013 at 04:42 AM..

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-27-2013, 05:35 AM

Areku woke up quickly and made his way to the area designated for males to get ready for the day. He had actually picked this spot last night having a feeling that there would be a mad dash to get to the showers and then to a private area to get dressed. Taking the quickest shower of his life, Areku dried off with the towels provided before getting back into the clothes that he wore yesterday. Was it clean? No. Did he care? not really. He just wanted to get this test done and over with, knowing that he could pass it.

Blake opened her eyes quickly and scanned her surroundings, her instincts and training from days long ago kicking in before she realized what was going on and let her body relax. Quickly switching her pajamas out for the clothes she wore yesterday, she made sure that her weapon, Gambol Shroud was secured and easy to reach. She knew that she was going to pass this test, hopefully using this to start her life over.

Amaya stared at some of the Faunice that were getting ready for this exam, her hands reaching towards one of her tonfa pistols out of reflex. She would try not to physically harm any of these...monsters, but knew it was only a matter of time before her past got the better of her. Besides, she never could trust a Faunice, especially after what happened to her parents.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-27-2013, 07:31 AM

Once dressed and ready, Hikari joined the stream of new students headed for the cliff where they were supposed to meet. She spotted Areku and waved to him, smiling.

Naruto walked casually to the cliff with the others, taking his place and waiting to be told what they were doing. He spotted Blake and Ruby, and another girl who he was sure hadn't been there the day before. She seemed anxious.

((How should we pair them up? Blake is already taken, so maybe we should put Hikari with Areku, and Naruto with Amaya? That should be interesting...))

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-27-2013, 07:40 AM

(I was planning that actually *sweatdrop* and it kinda had to be done with Naruto being a Faunice and Maya being a Faunice Hater)

Areku saw Hikari waving towards him and quickly waved back as he made his way towards the edge of the cliff. Seeing nothing but a large forest in front of him, he wondered what was about to happen.

Amaya had a permanent scowl on her face as she realized that half of the school's population were Faunice. Sighing lightly, she saw Areku waving towards another female and also waved towards him, hoping that he saw her as well.

"Nervous?" Blake asked Ruby as the younger girl gave a light nod. "Don't worry, you'll do fine, even if you run into rich girl first," Blake added after a few seconds, seeing that Ruby had calmed down, if only slightly. She also saw Naruto there and gave a light wave to the foxboy.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-28-2013, 05:57 AM

((lol that's exactly what Wolfie was thinking.))

Hikari listened carefully as the headmaster- well, more his assistant than him, really- explained their task. She smiled a bit at their tactic of partner choice. The first person you meet eyes with. This should be interesting.

Naruto resisted the urge to pout. He had guessed correctly the day before about how they would be getting their partners, and it didn't sit well with him. Still, he shook it off and braced himself as they were launched into the forest.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-28-2013, 06:06 AM

Areku resisted the urge to facepalm after hearing that, he really did. 'Seriously, they're going to let us make our own partners?' he mentally asked, already seeing problems with that, especially with the raven-haired female he met last night. He just hoped that he was able to partner with either Hikari or Amaya. This was the last thing that he thought before being flung into the forest.

'I need to find Yang then and quickly,' Ruby thought as she waited for whatever was to happen next. She thanked Blake for the pep talk and nodded her head towards Naruto. While she wouldn't mind meeting up with them within the forest, she knew her sister the most. It was with this thought in her mind that she was flung into the forest.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-28-2013, 07:04 AM

As soon as Hikari hit the treeline, she grabbed a branch and started swinging downward, skillful as a squirrel. She had always loved climbing trees. Once her feet were firmly on the ground, she took stock of her surroundings and set off with a purposeful stride. First objective: find a partner.

Naruto almost made a smooth entrance- almost. If only he hadn't missed the first branch. But he did, and the result was a blonde blur crashing downward through the trees before landing face down on a sturdy branch. Shaking his head, he regained his composure and slid to the ground, ready to get started.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-28-2013, 07:23 AM

Areku grabbed the first branch that he came across and used his momentum to swing up and around, planting his feet firmly on the branch that he landed on. Once he did that, he quickly took in his surroundings before making his way down towards the ground. He was on a mission to find either Amaya or Hikari first, knowing that the girls were use to his presence.

Amaya sighed lightly as she took in the fox before her. 'great,' she thought darkly to herself. "Joy...not only do I get a Faunice as a partner, I get one that has no sense of finesse or balance, though I shouldn't be surprised," she muttered. It was just her luck that she hadn't spotted Ark before she spotted this humanoid fox.

Blake had used her weapon to swing gracefully from tree to tree before rolling onto the dirt that made up the ground beneath her feet. Looking around, she noticed all the other people who were still flying through the air, either by using Dust or Aura, though she wasn't sure which. 'Well...here's hoping I run into Ruby, or Naruto' she thought to herself. Though as long as it wasn't Weiss then she would be okay with it.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-28-2013, 08:23 AM

Walking quickly, Hikari didn't see him in front of her. She ran smack into Areku, falling back on her bottom painfully as she did. "O-oi! Sorry! I- oh, Ark-san!" She chuckled. "We must stop running into each other like this. Or, I should stop running into you." She joked.

Naruto's ears flattened in anger. "Hey, just because I slipped doesn't mean you can say that kind of thing. And you can't judge me just because I'm a Faunice, dattebayo. You don't even know me." He objected stubbornly, crossing his arms. "I'm not too happy about being paired with a judgmental girly girl either, but we're stuck so just suck it up."

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-28-2013, 08:37 AM

"Yeah, you're right. Otherwise people might start talking," he said teasingly as he held his hand out so that she could take it. Of course he failed to notice the light blush that was coloring Hikari's cheeks as he said what he said.

Amaya narrowed her eyes. "And you don't know me, so we're even. What gives you the right to call me a 'girly girl'" she replied with the same amount of stubbornness in her voice. She wasn't going to let some low-leveled Faunice tell her what she could and couldn't do.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-30-2013, 03:51 AM

Hikari cleared her throat and allowed him to help her up. Brushing herself off, she looked around. "Well, we might as well get going. Don't want to fall behind." She said, completely missing his comment.

Naruto snorted. "It's easy enough to spot. Just the way you're dressed and how you talk is enough for me. Anyway, let's get this over with." He said, setting off in a set direction.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-30-2013, 04:05 AM

Letting go of her hand once she was up, he waited a few seconds for her to brush herself off. Hearing her comment, he nodded. "Good point. Though it'd be nice if the Headmaster told us what we were looking for. Could be anything," he said, muttering the last part.

Amaya growled lightly but decided to not say anything about it, muttering about stupid foxes as she quickly followed and caught up to him. It was for reasons like that that she deceived people with what she wore. Though...did she really act like a 'girly girl'?

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-30-2013, 05:05 AM

Hikari chuckled. "Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll know when we find it. He said it was a relic, right? So it'll probably be set up somewhere pretty visible." She reasoned.

Naruto didn't say anything as they walked. He hated it when people judged him just because he happened to have fox ears. Really, besides that, what about him was so different?

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-30-2013, 05:12 AM

"You make a good point," Areku stated as he sensed something, or someone, following them. Not knowing if it was a Grimm or another future student, he went towards his quarterstaff, mentally wondering how Hikari would fight if that were the case.

Blake sighed lightly. "Right right, you certainly had him," she deadpanned as she kept her eyes and other senses opened to their surroundings. From what Ruby had said, she assumed this was her older sister.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 12-30-2013, 05:59 AM

Though her pace never wavered, Hikari tensed and reached for her weapon as she sensed that they were being followed. She sent Areku a meaningful glance, confirming that he had sensed it as well.

As they walked, Naruto became aware of a third presence in their vicinity. He stiffened and brought his hand closer to his sword. "Hey. Do you feel that?" He asked casually, his tone not betraying his tense expression.

Phoenix of the Immortal
(・・^...

Old 12-30-2013, 06:04 AM

"Think it's a hostile?" Areku asked in a hushed tone. For all he knew, it could have been some blonde idiot that conned his way into Beacon. Then again, he could have been wrong.

Amaya nodded lightly, though didn't do anything else besides moving her hand towards her weapons. When the Giant Boar Grimm came out to attack, she scowled lightly and quickly went into battle mode. Seeing that the fox had a sword, she'd assume that he was better at close range, while she would support him, as much as she didn't want to.