Daeman35
Angels dont come better than tho...
Send a message via AIM to Daeman35 Send a message via Yahoo to Daeman35

Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 AM

The halfing thought long and hard at the question the man posted as she took the pint in two hands and started to drink again. "Actually yes.... I saw 'im not long ago down the way bout 10 miles east. 'e 'ad a weird lookin stoff and a black cloak, tha's what ya says, right?" She took a bite of her food and chewed it for a second noticing that the man wasnt really interested in her at all, but the woman down the bar. It hurt to know that the man was talking to her but was really wanting to talk to the girl. She had seen this a lot. Daeman was a halfing and most halflings got pushed aside by others who were interested in women their height.

"Why don' ya go talk to the gir'? She looks right interested in ya." With that Daeman left the half eaten plate and the unfinished pint on the bar and jumped down, doing a flip and landing on her feet. The girl walked away with her pack, her key and her fallen pride for not having charmed the man, all the way to the stairs and up them. Now halflings never ever leave a pint unfinished and everyone who knew about her kind knew that. They also ate all the food on her plate, so in this case it was easy to tell that her mind wasnt right.

Her mind turned towards the man in the cloak though. She had seen him a couple towns back after she had finished a job. The man had stopped her to chat, taking her to a tavern where he could get her drunk enough to do anything, though he didnt go through with anything but a job offer. When the offer came up, she sobered right off. He had asked her to take care of a man he had seen many times following him. He said the man seemed too anxious to actually be coincidently walking the same path as he. IF she took the job she would have to find him in order to get the whole payment. If she didnt than he would keep traveling and avoiding the man. All he had to do was keep traveling and wait for her to find him to know she had done it. When she got to her room, she accidentally left the door open, not realizing it due to how much she didnt care, and jumped into the bed, leaving her backpack next to her and her swords at her side.

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 03-07-2011, 08:29 AM

(( Another quick note: There are, as I have depicted, two sets of stairs, one on each side of the sitting/ dining area of the main room. They become a fenced hall on either side that connects along the back wall, a large chandelier hanging between from the ceiling. On the right side are the rooms with even numbers, 2-12 and the left has the odd, 1-11. So far these are the rooms taken:

2-Keira
3-Aneira
4-Dante
5- Scarlett and Ace
8-Daeman
9-Jazuchu
11- Julia
12- Ti

I'll be putting this list on the front page and I hope to have either a floor plan drawn up or a full description of what the inside of the Inn looks like.))

Ti had almost gotten bored with watching the on-goings of the small inn. There were plenty of interesting people here, but nothing truly interesting was happening. His hand fidgeted with the pommel of the unique broad-sword he had unbuckled from his torso, thin, pale fingers running over the deep blue oval stones set in the polished metal. He watched the newest young man, whom he knew to be a demon now, observing the way he interacted with the distressed young woman. There were too many conversations going on for him to hear all of what was said, but the two were familiar with each other, and they didn't seem to like it.

Once again, his attention was drawn to the halfling. She suddenly seemed dejected, and abruptly left the main room, retiring to her room. He glanced back to see the bartender clearing away her still-covered plate and what seemed to be a half-full pint-glass. He raised a brow at this, recalling the notorious appetite of the small folk, as an old halfling friend of his would proudly brag about it often.

Curiously, he felt inclined to follow her. He told himself it was merely his being intrigued by her actions, but it nagged him. He sighed and stood, his tall form gliding smoothly between the tables and chairs. He finally asked for a room, giving a charming, roguish smile to the innkeeper in return to her own pleasant one. After sliding the small key in one of the many pockets of his pants, he ordered a full bottle of rum at the bar and proceeded to go to his room, grabbing his things from their place on the floor. He made his way up the glossy stairs, his steps making no sound as he ascended quickly.

He couldn't help but glance at a partially open door as he passed, finding the halfling woman inside, sitting still on the bed that looked much to big for her. He paused, not fully sure as to why, looking in on the tiny brunette in silence.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 03-07-2011, 03:46 PM

"Sounds like him," Dante said quietly, and then looked back to Daeman. Startled as the halfling started to leave, he felt a bit guilty that he'd upset her so. "Thank you," he said just as she headed off. Her comment about talking to Scarlett left him with a sigh on his lips. Lovely.
Watching as the barkeep cleared away the unfinished food, Dante sloshed the last bit of his drink around the bottom of the cup. If the sorcerer he was tracking was so close, then he was finally approaching his task. The man would die in the end, and Dante wanted to be the one who watched the life fade from his eyes. Ever since he'd been cursed his life had been destroyed. There was no such thing as living normally. Not when you didn't age - not when you fought back a monster every time someone pissed you off. His gaze became distant as he stared at his mug. If I kill him, will I be free? The question that had haunted him for the past six months reared its ugly head once again. What if the curse isn't broken?
With a vicious movement, he shot down the rest of his drink. This wasn't the time to think about it. He'd deal with it in the morning. Setting the empty mug down on the counter, Dante took a deep breath. Perhaps he'd take the halfling's advice. Standing, the male brushed his silver hair from his face. I'm not quite ready to be alone. It was when everyone else was silent when the monster rose up.

Ordering a drink for both himself and Scarlett, Dante took a seat beside her. "Hope I'm not being a bother," he grinned crookedly, pushing one of the drinks toward the girl. His gaze traveled over her before returning to her pretty face. "It looked like you could use some company."

Daeman35

Old 03-07-2011, 04:25 PM

Daeman sat upright, cross-legged with her head on her hands and her elbows on her knees. She stared at the bed for a minute before she took her swords out of their sheaths and started to polish them. Why did she have to feel for a man she knew would never feel for her? She was so tiny, not to mention the fact that she was his target for a massive sum of gold. No one was ever going to feel anything for her, she knew that. They were all too tall, too human sized and giant to her that it would be like taking on a kid. In her backpack was the means at which she could polish the swords that were in hand. She laid them out on the large bed along with a bundle of her other weapons. Another thing she did as a hobby was count the gold she had. It was the only thing she could do to tell the truth. She would count them then place then down in different piles. For now she just stuck with polishing her swords. In her head again there was a conflict and she just seemed really depressed. The man had said thank you for the information but that didnt stop her from going up the stairs that led to her room or even doing her comfort thing. Actually she had noticed that it did stop her from doing her comfort polishing. She st the sword down on the bed and just laid down on the pillows, her feet not touching any of the items she had placed on the bed, but she could feel a presence outside the door.

It had been there since she had gotten to her room. The little halfling hadnt cared earlier since it just couldve been one of the people who had rented a room trying to get into theirs or even just walking passed but this one had stopped there for a while now. She sat up and jumped out of bed only to find the other man from downstairs besides Ace standing and looking inside. "'ello" She said with a faked smile. "Can I 'elp ya wit somethin?"

Katie Scarlett Divine
"Life never favored weakness. On...

Old 03-07-2011, 04:59 PM

Scarlett accepted the drink and took it in her slender hand. "Thank you." She said, giving her empty glass from her other drink to the bartender so he could wash it. She took a sip of the drink the man ordered her and let her eyes look him over. "Oh your no bother, I'm just happy that you decided to talk after all the staring you did in this direction.." She said slyly, her eyes going to his. "Company would be nice." She smiled a little, her emerald eyes lighting up as she took another sip of her drink. "So, what's your name?" She asked, resting her right hand on the bar by her drink and then letting the left one fall onto her lap. She felt bad that the halfling left so suddenly.. and figured it was partially her fault for sending flirtacious glances to the boy, but he had been looking in her direction. And who wouldn't look back at someone like him?

Esmme

Old 03-07-2011, 05:30 PM

((:cry: I'm going to be missing for a day or two, so don't freak out about my flighty posts!))

"How could I walk out without saying hello?" he chuckled, meeting her gaze as she looked at him. "Dante," he said with a smile, extending a hand. When she met his touch, he kissed her knuckles gently. "And your name?"
Dante slowly released her hand in order to lift his drink to his lips. It was his third - he needed to stop before he ended up with a hangover.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-07-2011, 05:46 PM

"Scarlett." She said lightly,blushing a little when he kissed her hand. She was on her second drink, so after this one she'd have to stop or her third glass would become a forth and then Ace would definetly be made at her. When he released her hand she let it fall by to her lap and pat down the sides of her dress since she hated when it looked wrinkly. Her gaze went back up to his and then looked at his lips. She took another drink, letting her curiosity get the better of her. " So how'd you end up here?" She asked, running a hand threw her lustrous straight hair. It was slightly wavy but often straight.

She knew her brother wouldn't like her flirting, but who cared? She fluttered her eye lashes and gazed at her glass before running her finger along the rim of it. She could just barely see her reflection in the water but it wasn't as nice as she wished. The liquid made her look disfigured as if she was looking threw a broken mirror. She looked back up at Dante to forget the image and smiled at his.

Esmme

Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM

"Scarlett," he repeated with a smile. Her blush was just darned cute. Dante certainly liked the name - it was fitting for her. Watching her run a hand through her hair, the male took another drink. It was then that she asked her question.
"I tend to stop by here every time I pass through," Dante said with a smile. He watched her finger trail over the rim of the cup for a few moments before taking a slow breath. "I like it here." Leaning against the counter, he let out a quiet sight. "And you? Just passing through, Miss Scarlett?" He almost grinned when he found her gaze on him again, and he didn't bother resisting the urge to keep his eyes on her. It really wasn't hard. What was difficult was shoving down the creature that suddenly seemed to strive for freedom.

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-07-2011, 06:11 PM

"Well.. I'm unsure. My brother and I may be leaving tomorrow but I highly doubt it since we have nowhere to go." She said, thinking for a moment. "Though we'll be leaving sometime when we find another place to stay." She stated in a soft tone. "I like it here as well, its got a very cozy feeling and the men here aren't so bad looking.." She joked, her eyes on him the whole time. It was hard not to look at him so she gave up and let her eyes dancing eyes keep looking him over. "Do you plan on staying long?" She asked, hoping that she would be able to see him around for a few more days if she and her brother stayed.

kionaredhawk
Purple magic swirls and undulate...

Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 PM

Sy, I don’t know. They’re strange.
Oh, hush, Ky. You know we’re here because of that.
I know. I just…” The dark girl sneered. “I just don’t know if we’re going to be welcome.
Si’la sighs. The two opposite twins stood in the doorway of the inn, silver and maroon orbs flicking from face to face, place to place. Their voices were almost child-like, though Si’la’s was a soft trickle of water and Ki’la’s a ripple of shadow.
Are we going to go in now, Ky?
I suppose we should, Sy.
The girls then walked into the establishment arm in arm, as opposite as two people could be. But they looked very, very much a like. They went up to the counter with an eerie smile that looked exactly the same on their faces and waited until it was their turn.
Good day, mistress. This is my sister Ki'la" "And this is Si'la." "We’d like a room please, lady.With a large window, if you have one lady."Ky, that isn’t always nessacary.” Oh hush, Sy. I know.” They looked back to the landlady and smiled again as they said in perfect unison, their different voices creating a perfect blend, “If you please.

(oh, just so you guys know. Si'la is pronoucned Sea-la and Ki'la is prounced Key-la :) Just wanted to make sure you guys knew ^-^)

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 03-07-2011, 06:38 PM

((Katie, Julia responded to Ace...))

Katie Scarlett Divine

Old 03-07-2011, 06:42 PM

((Ooops! Sorry ))

Ace smirked. "Eh, this was the first place my sister and I came too. And it was one of the nicest compared to the others we passed.." He said, thinking back on the very disgusting inn they had stayed in a few days ago. "And yes, we walked here." He grinned, looking down a few seats to see his sister flirting with some guy. He rolled his eyes and looked back at Julia. " S how long are you staying here?" He asked, his eyes looking to his mug before taking another swig.

Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 03-07-2011, 07:08 PM

((Lol, I pulled Aneira out of the room because I had to go away for a few days ((Sort of >.<)) But now I'm stuck xD I'm thinking about making a sexy high elf. Or Dragoon.. xD))

KageShio

Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 AM

(( Ash, I'm sorry but I can't let you make another character. I'm keeping the number small due to plot devices and such that will come into play within a day or two "in game". You could just have her rest, perhaps give a bit of a background story via her thinking or something, if you'd like. It won't be too much longer until people start going to sleep, I think. Except the nocturnal creatures, of course. Once the next day is started, there will be plenty of fresh opportunities for interaction.))

Ti blinked, looking down at the small woman, he hadn't realized he was watching her for that long. "Gomen nasai, I did not mean to be rude." he said, giving a small, formal bow. "You had seemed distressed and I was contemplating on requesting your company... I hate to see a charming woman such as yourself without a smile." He said, a slight smile showing on his scarred face. He was letting his curiosity win, and he knew it, but he was still drawn to her and he wanted to know why. He shifted slightly, his dark eyes still on the halflings piercing green ones. He chuckled a bit internally, here he was, the tallest of creatures, as usual, looking to spend time with the smallest. Strangely, he didn't have the usual out-of-place feeling he had with others, he should be feeling even more like the big bad giant around a halfling....

Elysia gave the twins a pleasant smile, her white form gliding back over to her place at the front. " Hello and welcome to The Gypsy's Gaze. She "looked" them over with her closed eyes, her smile widening at their yin-yang appearance. "I do have such a room for you, it has a nice view to the gardens." She said as she turned her face down to the little black book on the counter in front of her. She dipped the fluffy quill and wrote down their names as her other hand picked up one of the few remaining brass keys. She turned her head back to the twins, holding the key out in her colorless hand. " Here you are dears, room number six, up the right stairs, third door in. You may stay as long as you like, though i do charge an extra fee for stays over a week, you pay your till upon leaving." She explained.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 03-08-2011, 03:01 AM

Keira glared at the male. She was the monster? With his attitude and personality, he was the monster. "Did your daddy finally disown you? Is that why no one will do what you ask? Won't they crawl all over you to get to your daddy?" She walked away from the bar briskly, hoping the kid wouldn't follow her, but of course, he had to. [i]Typical.[/b] She turned around with a blade sliding out of her wrists. "Leave me alone," she growled.

Jazuchu was infuriated by that woman. That was a low blow. When she walked away from him, he followed her, but she turned around, threating him with her blade. "I'll leave you alone....if you apologize." He knew she wouldn't. She was always a stubborn one, but maybe she would get kicked out if a fight broke out between them. He could only hope.

Daeman35

Old 03-08-2011, 03:04 AM

Daeman was surprised not only by the man's politeness, but by how transparent he had made her out to be. She looked away with a blush on her face until she shook her head and looked back at him. "No, i's fine... really. bu' if you wish ta have company ten i could invite you in." She pushed the door open wider so that the tall man could come in. Walking over to her bed, the little halfling found that she was going to have to be acrobatic again just to get on the bed. Unfortunately with the man having asked for her company she was embarrassed to even try anything acrobatic. Instead the little halfling climbed onto it by using the blanket as a rope. "So.... uh... wha's ya name?" She asked with kindness in her voice.

KageShio

Old 03-08-2011, 03:24 AM

Ti hid a smirk with another smile, he hadn't expected the charismatic woman to be flustered. "If it's not a bother...." he said lightly as he followed her into the room. He set his bag, the bottle and coat on the floor as she climbed up the blanket, pulling herself onto the bed. He then sat, leaning the large sheathed blade against the bed next to him. His eyes wandered to the array of her weapons that were still on the bed before he answered. "Ti." He said simply, leaving off his last name not out of rudeness, but his own caution. "And yours?" he asked, his deep baritone voice still slightly formal, despite the relaxed words. of course, he already knew her name, having heard her tell the man at the bar. It was one of the snippets of the conversation he had picked up. He had, in fact, learned the names of most of the other patrons already. He feigned ignorance, however, not wanting to seem like he had been watching her from the start. That tended to set people off....

Elysia raised her head, turning the face Kiera and Jazuchu. He gave a smile and slight bow of the head to the twin woman in front of her, "If you would please excuse me, ladies, I have a troublemaker to deal with." She said as she set the small key down in front of them. She briskly made her way to the two, her face still placidly pleasant, dress and hair moving as she walked, giving to an ethereal illusion of her floating.

Last edited by KageShio; 03-08-2011 at 09:43 PM..

Hresvelgr
It's 11PM, do you know where you...

Old 03-08-2011, 03:36 AM

Aneira stood by the fire in her room for a few minutes. Looking into the flame. Although she rarely thought back to her time with her family and friends, now was really no exception. She was simply looking into the fire. Her gaze broke when she heard steps coming upstairs. She turned, seeing her door open, and went to close it. Locking herself in. Her curtains were already pulled closed from the day earlier. Although Aneira would have much preferred the sun to wake her in the morning. She went over to her bed. Pulling off her armor. Deciding to soak a bit in the tub connected to her room. Walking into the washroom, she turned the steaming water on. Letting it fill while she undressed. Pulling her hair from the pony tail. Bits of dried skin were clinging to her nails. Aneira did shed as most dragons did, but not as much. She rarely did so, and most often one bath would rid her of the falling skin for a while. Since she had more patches of scales than a full body like other half-breeds. She took after her mother when it came to looks, but her father personality. Aneira climbed into the tub. Soaking her body in the very hot water.

Daeman35

Old 03-08-2011, 04:21 AM

Daeman saw the smirk on the man's face as she climbed up onto the top of her bed. The girl then saw where the mans eyes led. Looking at her weapons then back at the man, she started to pack them up again. "Me name is Daeman.... Daeman Kercial, assassin and thief for hire, but you can call me Dae or D." She finished packing up her stuff and was about to put them in her bag but, she stopped and placed the little bundle by her pillow. "So wha' are ye travelin here fa?... You dont hawve to ansa, im just a curious lass." She asked while sitting back down on the bed.

(Sorry for not having details... I cant really think right now)

KageShio

Old 03-08-2011, 04:30 AM

(( it's alright. I finally got a real profile up for Ti, lol. The other was just a half-assed filler. ))

Ti couldn't help but chuckle, a bit disgruntled, he would have liked to admire the small weapons more, they looked well-crafted. "Curious indeed... Isn't it odd that you give out your full name if your occupation is one of discretion?" He asked, raising his scarred brow as he gave a wry smile. He had assumed the small woman was a warrior of some sort, but he knew halflings were cunning creatures, so he wasn't wholly surprised that she held the same occupation as him. Another pang of irony hit him, the tallest and smallest were more alike then he thought.....

Daeman35

Old 03-08-2011, 04:47 AM

Daeman looked at him and smiled. He was right about one thing, it was weird for an assassin to give out their occupation and full name but somehow she felt that she could trust this man. Unfortunately now she had to lie to him in order to tell him why she had said her full name and occupation. "Well, if i didn' tell ya then i wouldn' get any customers would i?" She asked with a bit of confidence. "I may be known arund as the emerald ghost but not everyone knows i exist yet. Tha's why I tol' ya." It wasnt a very convincing lie from what she could tell but she was hoping the man would take the bait.

KageShio

Old 03-08-2011, 04:59 AM

Ti laughed, his voice rolling like silk though the room. "Even if I believed you were a beginner, You wouldn't want to ask me about spreading the word... You're competition to me." He said, giving a wink to the small woman. He didn't bother covering up his "secret" to her, it was better to have other assassins as allies then unknowing enemies, he thought. She really as in intriguing person, he was beginning to like her more and more. It was rare that he got along with another warrior, let along assassin. He did think about the possibility that she would reject her offer of company now, due to the fact of them having the same profession. Not many assassins like to be in the company of others, unless they were of a brotherhood, of course. He suspected it was something to do with pride or being territorial, not wanting to share potential hits.

Daeman35

Old 03-08-2011, 05:13 AM

So the truth came out. The man was an assassin. The halfling figured as much seeing how he walked and how polite he was. Most assassins were. "Well ya are welcome ta stay as long as ya like if ya don' mind the com'any of anutha assassin." She could tell that this was going to be an interesting night. First she meets the man she was slightly hired to kill and then she meets another assassin. What were the odds of that happening to her. Usually it would be slim to none but unfortunately this was that slim chance right here. "Bu' tha's up ta you. Seein how our kind don' trade with otha's of our kind, Ya know?" She of course still had her weapons handy next to her in case the man tried anything to her, though his actions didnt show that happening at any point in time.

KageShio

Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 AM

His smile finally reached his eyes, the blue shining through the near black of his irises. " If you don't, I don't, Daeman." he said, "I'm not like most other assassins, I find an acquaintanceship between our kind an asset, not only are we few and far between, but the true art is a dying thing. I try to at least get along with others, which most of the time falls through unfortunately." He watched her, sure to keep his tone, words and movements neutral. It was a delicate process to fall into an eased state with other warriors, many are distrustful and on edge most of the time, himself included, of course. He remembered that she had never finished her drink from before, and glanced down to the bottle of amber liquid at his feet. Ah liquor, bringing people to common ground since the dawn of civilization.

Daeman35

Old 03-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Daeman chuckled, "A course i don' mind. Wouldn' 'ave invited ya in if i did." The halfling knew what h was talking about when he said that this was a dying art. Most of the assassins now a days were too unorthodox... too messy. None of them ever kept company or even let company keep them. If it wasnt a job, they would usually just push you away, but not her or, as it would seem, this man. "If i 'ad to guess i would say tha' we are te only ones tha' care ta 'ave company. I's too much fun ta pass up a good joke with a drunk bloke when at te bar." She smiled at the man and pulled out her weapons again to start polishing. Not to be rude of course but she knew that she had taken his joy of seeing her weapons away from him. Most of the weapons inside were her shurikens which she had made herself out of normal ones. Then came her knives and anything else he could imagine except her sais which happened to be right next to her.