Lise
NPC
NPC

Old 01-30-2017, 12:17 AM

Banner by Nephila

Last edited by Lise; 02-04-2017 at 09:44 AM..

Demetri
NPC
NPC

Old 01-30-2017, 01:11 AM

Greetings and Grande Salutations,

Welcome to our Masquerades fancy dress costume contest. We look forward to seeing what our acquaintances old and new have to offer in this friendly competition. Be bold and brave, you shall be rewarded.

Your Hosts.

Lise
Recently, my quite life in Menewsha has seen a rather large shift. A visit from my aunt and reunion with an old friend has thrust me into a leadership role a bit earlier than expected. I am happy to share this victory with my trusted companion Demetri, and the people of Menewsha.

Helpful hints: Follow the rules, and do not get discouraged if asked to try again. We all go the wrong way ever now and then.

Demetri

Hey guys, I went on a long journey, desperately searching for her. After all these years, I have just finally found my beloved Lise! To Celebrate this momentous occasion, our reunion and also meeting all of you fine Menewshans, I am holding this ball in your, and her, honor.

Helpful hints: Have fun! And be creative. Lise and I have a bit of a dark sense of humor, we also appreciate originality. Good Luck!

Rules
  • First and foremost, make sure you follow the Site Rules.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please do not be rude to other entrants.
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories, and you may not enter on a mule account. If you do try to enter on a mule, we will know.
  • Please be sure to use the entry form when you post your entry. Failure to post the form properly will result in your avatar not being entered into the contest.
  • You may use your own inventory and the DAC to make your outfits.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like Photobucket or imageshack. What we see is what we shall judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved and won't change.
  • If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PM or Lise or Demetri if you want to change anything.
  • Entries must be submitted by the end of the event.
  • Winners will be announced in the Community Discussion forum shortly after the event ends.

We shall choose first, second, and third place winners in each of the categories. Other prizes might be added as the event goes on, depending on the amount of entries received.

Prizes are as follows:
First place: 5,000g
Second place: 3,000g
Third place: 1,000g

Last edited by Demetri; 02-05-2017 at 09:05 PM..

Lise
NPC
NPC

Old 01-30-2017, 04:34 AM

Double Jeopardy
This category is for couples. With a twist! That twist being, you are making BOTH avatars. Not only that but you must match them to each other in whatever color scheme you pick.

*Note: A couple could be lovers, twins, or even matching room attire. They must flow well and complement each other.

Quote:
[LEFT][SIZE=6][B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR=red]Double[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]Jeopardy[/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[B]Username:[/B]
[B]Image of My Entry:[/B] *make sure the are side by side for the illusion of one avatar out of two*
Should look like:
Double Jeopardy

Username: Thewonderousprincessbuttbutt
Image of My Entry: *shiny entry*
Entries:

Quote:
Double Jeopardy

Username:Kiari
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Nephila
Image of My Entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Elirona
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: XoGIZMOoX
Image of My Entry: *make sure the are side by side for the illusion of one avatar out of two*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Bearzy
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: bloodstainedwings
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Woodlandnymph
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hime* View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: *Hime*
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Linnea
Image of My Entry:
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:

There finally settled on one haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LONGCAT~ View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: ~longcat~
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Suona
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoness129 View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: dragoness129
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious Fool View Post

[/COLOR]
Double Jeopardy

Username: Precarious Fool
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Sadrain
Image of My Entry:

The Ghosts of Valentine's Past. One shall read your sins, the other pierce your guilty heart...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Velvet
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naisou View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Naisou
Image of My Entry:

Sister Pirates. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
Double Jeopardy

Username: Emma Corrin
Image of My Entry:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochiel Silverfire View Post
Just under the wire!

Double Jeopardy

Username:Rochiel Silverfire
Image of My Entry:

Last edited by Lise; 02-19-2017 at 12:48 AM..

Demetri
NPC
NPC

Old 01-30-2017, 11:50 PM

Tale as Old as Time

This category is a bit different. We are calling into our minds one of the most Iconic Ballroom scenes every to hit the big screens. Yup! You guessed it, Beauty and the Beast!

For this challenge we want you to take both things and combine them into one entry. A Beautiful Beast! The unique combination of beastly and beautiful. How you want to interpret that is up to you!

Note: Please include a brief description of what it is you are trying to accomplish.

Quote:
[LEFT][SIZE=6][B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR=red]Tale as Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]as Time[/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[B]Image of My Entry:[/B]
[B]Description:[/B]
Should look like:
Tale as Old as Time

Username: The Shadow God
Description:
Entries:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiari View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description:The ragged beast is transforming into a beautiful princess

hopefully this works! didn't really know how to describe it though. >.<
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: ok i may have gone politically charged with this one, but i wanted to show the "monster" of the beauty industry, anorexia. while these models are no doubt beautiful, they are also skeletal. and i just thought it was a perfect example of the beauty industries standards of beauty and people who are self obsessed with being beautiful and how monstrous that can be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Username:Nephila
Image of My Entry:
Description:She was a beautiful beast. Unconcerned with how others would judge her, or what men thought of her teeth. Only the bravest of men would dare to court her, all others fell to her claws.

...I'm so romantic.
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: This beast is ready to finally find someone who will dance with her. She even picked out her best dress and accessories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:

Description: Zombies need love too. This beauty just wants a piece of your heart. OK that and maybe a side of brains. Even with her beastly appetite she's still a beauty within.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Username: Shadami
Image of My Entry:
Description: I'm a chimera of sorts with beastly lion, harpy, and timid fawn in my blood. I still want to go to the ball to, and I pulled out my prettiest pink gown that could pull in the Valentines day vibe.
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:

Description:
why should Cinderelly have all the fun?! Once she got a fairy god mother, this lovely little beasty asked to go to the ball too!
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: Look at Wolfie. She's been waiting for this night for her entire life. So what if she's a bit fuzzy here and there, so what if her tail sticks out, so what if her teeth don't fit inside her mouth? Wolfie feels as beautiful as any princess. You go, Wolfie! Have your dream night! Maybe wipe your lip a bit, you've got a 'lil... Wolfie what is that? Is that-?! Oh dear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
Description: She might Look Demonic, but Give this lady a try, you won't find another like her with a heart of gold. All dressed up for the Ball and hoping to find Prince charming who'll look past her Demonic appearance and see the princess beneath.
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: This Dark Mermaid just wanted to be invited to the party, so what if she swam up to distract the captain...causing the ship to sink into her watery domain. Better for them to join her, ball gowns look so much prettier floating eerily underwater anyway. Although, she had to wait for them to stop struggling so before she they could properly dance. Maybe next time she can dance with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: An exceedingly beautiful, conceited demon has whisked you away to his outer-dimensional castle, where he plans to make you party the night away with him. The way his yellow-backed eyes stare through you makes you feel diminutive, somehow...like he knows that you can't turn away from his exceptional beauty. He isn't even wearing a shirt, showing off his amazingly blue, tattooed abs. What a tool.
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: Medusa. Both a monster and a beauty. Here she wears a veil to hide her cursed eyes that make her life a living hell.
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: This Dark Mermaid just wanted to be invited to the party, so what if she swam up to distract the captain...causing the ship to sink into her watery domain. Better for them to join her, ball gowns look so much prettier floating eerily underwater anyway. Although, she had to wait for them to stop struggling so before she they could properly dance. Maybe next time she can dance with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Ahhhhh I'm so sad and happy you guys did that scene.... Favorite movie. <3 And that might be the first song we dance to at my wedding! Masks....of course...... ;) ;) Nice job on Sarah and Toby!

EDIT

Tale as Old as Time

Username: Woodlandnymph
Image of My Entry:
Description: The Beast, a.k.a. Prince Adam was skeptical about a blind date, but Lumiere and Mrs. Potts inSISTed that she was just his type... Eventually he acquiesced and got all gussied up. The Beast came down the stairs, hesitantly approaching the ballroom. There was a flash of gold. A...grunt? He rounded the corner and saw her, or rather, saw a lump crouched on the ground, her hairy leg going a mile a minute as she scratched her side and emitted a low grunt of pleasure. He coughed into his paw. "Oh!" She shot up...."I didn't expect you....um....I hope you didn't see my underroos. How embarrassing. I do apologize!"

Mrs. Potts looked on with tears in her eyes and started to sing. "Tail as old as time..."
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: The forest is impartial, it cannot love, or hate. But sometimes, sometimes it desires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Hime* View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Username:
Image of My Entry:
Description:Beware of this beauty. She is cursed for her envy of the beauty of others, turning her skin green.
And you definitely don't want discover what's hiding under that big skirt of hers. The curse will be there until she discovers real beauty is inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious Fool View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Username: Precarious Fool
Image of My Entry:
Description: She's a kitty cat who just wants to go to the ball and be loved! D:

Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: Even Medusa can look beautiful for the Masquerade! Just make sure you don't look into those gorgeous silver eyes of hers.
Quote:
Tale as Old as Time

Image of My Entry:
Description: Yes, she's different. She has scales and a tail... She's a serpent and many humans flee from her, but she just wants to be loved and have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Tale as Old as Time

Username: Kent
Image of My Entry:
Description: A gentlemenly zombie willing to give you anything for your love.

Last edited by Lise; 02-19-2017 at 12:48 AM..

Lise
NPC
NPC

Old 01-31-2017, 08:36 PM

Costumed Companions
This category is for group ensembles. Get yourself a group of at least three and Cosplay a Ballroom scene from any movie, book, or play.

*Note: There are a lot of movies, books and plays to choose from for this category. Make sure to link to an example of the scene. However, do not go into the full story. A link it more than enough.

Quote:
[LEFT][SIZE=6][B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR=red]Costumed[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]Companions[/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[B]Image of My Entry:[/B] *make sure the are side by side for the illusion of one avatar out of two*
[B]We are CosPlaying:[/B]
Should look like:
Costumed Companions

Username: Thewonderousprincessbuttbutt, friend one, friend two
We are CosPlaying: This Scene
Entries:

Quote:
Costumed Companions
Username: Velvet (as a party goer), Linnea (as Beadle), Elirona (as Lucy), Precarious Fool (as Judge Turpin), Woodlandnymph (as a party goer)
Image of My Entry:

We are CosPlaying: a scene from Tim Burton's movie, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. This is the part where Todd's wife, Lucy, gets lured away by Beadle, a mere minion, and tricked into getting roofied by Judge Turpin who was all lusty pants for her. We provide you with a picture of Lucy all flustered at this masquerade and you can also see for yourself in this short clip of the song "Poor Thing", where Mrs. Lovett is telling Todd what happened to his wife after he was sent to jail by Judge Turpin, if you start at about 1:15 seconds in the scene begins (or hear the whole story by watching the whole thing).
Quote:
Costumed Companions

Username: From left to right - user name/movie character
bloodstainedwings/Toby the baby, Queen_Andais/David Bowie Goblin King, dragoness129/party goer, XoGIZMOoX/ party goer, Salvete/ party goer, Shadami/ party goer, SuperZombiePotatoe/ party goer, Nephila/ Sarah
Image of My Entry:
We are CosPlaying: Labyrinth
And we have included Toby although he wasn't actually at the party ball he played a key role in it we felt because Sarah was trying to save him (his background is different because he was elsewhere during the ballroom dream)

Last edited by Lise; 02-17-2017 at 06:42 AM..

Demetri
NPC
NPC

Old 01-31-2017, 11:36 PM

Paper Faces on Parade

This last category is rather straight forward in theory even if it isn't easy to implement. What we want you to do is research a Mask that you find to your liking. Any mask will do. From there we want you to do one of two options. You can either Create an avatar that looks like they would wear that mask or you can cosplay the mask you chose.

Note: Include an image of your mask with your entry.

Quote:
[LEFT][SIZE=6][B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR=red]Paper Faces[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]on Parade[/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/SIZE][/LEFT]

[B]Image of My Entry:[/B]
[B]Reference:[/B]
Should look like:
Paper Faces on Parade

Username: The Shadow God
Reference:
Entries:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiari View Post
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:

umm... i think this one is self explanatory... lol. i love this movie.
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:
Quote:
[/COLOR]
Paper Faces on Parade

Username: star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:
Reference:
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestrya View Post
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Username: Celestrya
Image of My Entry:

Reference:
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:

Reference:

and here's a link to a few more pictures to see the whole of one of these sons of the harpy
one and two
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Paper Faces on Parade

Username: Shadami
Image of My Entry:
Reference:

This entry is definetly not perfect. but its the time I've got for it right now :[ wanted to show I appreciate this contest theme. I adore it in fact. and Wanted to give it the quality avatar time it deserves and just couldn't T.T Thanks for the awesome avatar contests themes Lise and Demetri ! ^-^

Sadly i don't think i'm going to get double jeapodry in and that makes me really sad. i always enter all the avatar contests :[
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
Paper Faces on Parade

Username: Sadrain
Image of My Entry:
Reference:

Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference: Click on thumbnail for full view
Quote:
[/COLOR]
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:
Quote:
Paper Faces on Parade

Image of My Entry:
Reference:

Last edited by Lise; 02-18-2017 at 11:13 PM..

Lise
NPC
NPC

Old 02-01-2017, 03:58 AM

We look forward to your entries my friends.

Last edited by Lise; 02-05-2017 at 07:34 PM..

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-11-2017, 04:06 PM

Oooh, avatar contest!! I'd be down for entering the group contest with people!

---------- Post added 02-11-2017 at 02:06 PM ----------

These are some hard categories this time around... ;-;

Kiari
XD

Old 02-11-2017, 06:37 PM

yay for avi contests!!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-11-2017, 06:38 PM

yay for avi contests.. to bad star can't think of a couple to enter haha. ahwell she'll probably figure it out or find someone to enter with 'nods'

*Hime*

Old 02-11-2017, 07:28 PM

Hope I'll find the time to do this!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-11-2017, 07:43 PM

...Oh. I think I misunderstood the first one. <:3c

shinigamikarasu
(^._.^)ノ

Penpal

Old 02-11-2017, 07:58 PM

Ooo, avi contest. This are some really unique contests this time around.

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 02-11-2017, 09:31 PM

wow! this seems epic! im going to have my hands full trying to enter all of this and my regular weekend plans!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-11-2017, 11:29 PM

Lise, I have a matter I'd like to discuss with you privately if you wouldn't mind. I'll shoot you a PM.

Kiari
XD

Old 02-12-2017, 12:22 AM

Double Jeopardy

Image of My Entry:

Demetri
NPC
NPC

Old 02-12-2017, 12:22 AM

Don't take her away for too long my dear boy. *nudges Elirona with his elbow*

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 12:24 AM

Of course not, Demetri! I'd hate to deprive her of some sweet party time.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 12:28 AM

Double Jeopardy

Image of My Entry:

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 12:31 AM

Some nice entries so far!

Lise
NPC
NPC

Old 02-12-2017, 01:41 AM

I have sent your response Elirona: and shall eagerly await your submission. What you have in mind has me curious.

Our first guests are looking well matched.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-12-2017, 01:42 AM

hmmm a group contest that is a ballroom scene from a movie, book, or play... hmmm *scratches chin*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 01:47 AM

I think I need to start a group thready for that one. Makes it easier to get people.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 02-12-2017, 02:04 AM

that might be a good idea... i think perhaps i'd like a good idea before i post though... *scratches chin some more*

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 03:38 PM

Double Jeopardy

Image of My Entry: