hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 07:40 PM

I want some kitten energy!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-12-2017, 07:41 PM

No doubt! I want the energy of a kitten and the attention span of someone with a doctorate. xD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 07:42 PM

thanks for the add =3
i'm slow at notices *blushes*

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-12-2017, 07:58 PM

Oh omg I didn't even realize it sent out notices when you added people ^^; but yeah, of course! You're always so friendly to me. :')

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 PM

to be honest I thought we were already friends
do you mind pings?

Tom Hiddleston
Adorably Profound

Old 02-12-2017, 08:37 PM

Ava loves meeting people with similar musical taste to her own.
It's hard to find people that like indie music sometimes.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-13-2017, 12:35 AM

hummy- I don't mind 'em! I'm not on much though, so they do tend to pile up

Tom- That's true! Makes sense tho; indie bands, by definition, do have less fans.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-13-2017, 02:40 AM

It's definitely refreshing to find people who like similar music to you. :)
I find that music is universal, everyone listens to music...
So I mean, it's hard to not meet people through music!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-13-2017, 01:14 PM

True! I've made so many friends through music.

Also, the more I study music from other cultures, the more interesting it becomes. I definitely mostly stick to my comfort food (alternative/indie, jazz, musicals), but I also love classical stuff (which tends to mostly be Italian/German/Russian/French/mayyybe British; i like Tchaikovsky, Verdi, and Stravinsky the best) and I've heard some wicked cool Asian, Middle Eastern and African stuff too, which is WAY different from anything we've got over here, classically speaking. Pop tends to be more or less the same everywhere, since it's meant to be widely palatable...

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-13-2017, 02:34 PM

I really love African music, world music in general can be hard to appreciate sometimes because it's usually very, very different than what we are used to here in Western cultures.

My dad introduced me to Classical music as a child. When I was little I would go to sleep with the classical station on the radio. My dad just recently introduced me to an American composer called George Gershwin. I like his work to be honest, I don't know if I'd listen to an awful lot of it, though. Most of his work was put into movies like silent films and other cinematic pieces.

I'm a really big fan of Handel's harpsichord works. :D I love the sound of the harpsichord!

I love exploring the internet and finding new music, it definitely makes the world seem a lot smaller and more connected.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-16-2017, 09:44 PM

I need to listen to more African music, honestly! I love Paul Simon's Graceland, which was heavily influenced by South African music (esp the rhythms), but I haven't really sought actual African music out like I'd like to. I agree, world music can totally be hard to get into at first, especially since its availability is really limited here in the US!

Oh that's awesome. I'm only slightly familiar with Gershwin's works... I know Porgy and Bess! But Summertime has been covered about a billion times, so that's not saying much.

Ahh, harpsichord is totally cool! Music from that time period is so interesting. Have you ever heard the hurdy-gurdy? It's not a good instrument, but it is a really unique one, to say the least.

Yeah, agreed! I still feel like the world is pretty huge, but the internet definitely makes the world more accessible.