GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 02:55 AM

Oh dear, I am late!

I did not know there was going to be an event this year.

Please be welcome to the Valentine Tea Room.
Come and have a nice cup of tea and some excellent conversations!

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 02:58 AM

*comes in with a cup of some rosehip hibiscus tea*

Hello, Granny!

Edit: Win! This is a first...I get first reply post! I feel special! :D

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 03:11 AM

Welcome, Terrena!

Yes, you are the first visitor to the tea room!

How does Rose Hibiscus tea taste?

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 03:13 AM

Rosehip Hibiscus...doesn't really have a taste really...and I make my tea strong...I saw it at work and decided to try it since I like Par Amore which is Strawberry and Hibiscus. It's okay...but I think only because it doesn't really have a flavor?

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 03:14 AM

Our mall in Austin recently got a Teavana store.

This is very exciting to me. The only other one I had ever been to was in the Mall of America.

They had a White Peach tea to sample, and it was wonderful!

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 03:17 AM

Teavana? I've never even heard of that store. :/

Oh sweet! They have one in Short Pump! That's the closest one to where I live! Still an hour and a half long drive though...

Now if only I had the funds to go shopping...although if I buy more tea...my mom will probably flip. XD

Last edited by TerrenaAnimula; 02-16-2011 at 03:19 AM..

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 AM

Ahhh. Shopping. It's such a nostalgic thing of the past. *tear*

I haven't bought anything for myself in ages. I'm so broke. And every time some money comes about I end up having to buy somebody a present or treat a friend to dinner because of a birthday. I miss my shoe shopping sprees, lol.

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 03:25 AM

Hey, Ely!

I know what you mean...I've bought quote a few things this week...but they were are for artwork for classes. :/ Then there's gas...oil change...although I did spend money for somethings on here and Subeta....but that was like a total of $15 this month...$5 here and $10 on subeta...Then I also bought some stuff for my friends birthday...I also had to buy something to where for my friends birthday because she is requiring some kind of cosby sweater print. -_-

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 03:29 AM

Oh, I love shoe shopping!

It is one of my major downfalls.

I also love to shop for purses. I love the soft, leathery type that will go over my shoulder.
There are quite a few purse sales going on now.

Tomorrow I'm going to the mall, but it's to see my dentist.
Perhaps I shall console myself with a new purse?

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 AM

XD

I have a nice purse right now that I got for christmas...it's my first nice purse. It's a Liz Claiborne purse. I also have the matching wallet. XD

Dentist is evil! I have to go on March 7... XD

ElysiumFate

Old 02-16-2011, 03:34 AM

Yeck. You finally get to buy some clothes and you have to buy a Cosby sweater? I send you my deepest heartfelt apologies.

Gas is hell for me right now. It's at least $30 and hits $40 a week when I have to go out to town at night a couple of times. I also recently re-took up the violin so there goes $50 to a new set of strings and some books of music. I do most of the stuff on my car myself, fortunately. I do the tire rotations, etc. and my dad changes the oil if I smile at him sweetly enough. ;)

------

Mmmm... I know what you mean, Granny. If I ever find myself in the position of getting married, I'm going to make sure the hubby-to-be realizes that I will have an entire closet for shoes.

One of my friend's is a purse-whore, and she gets knock-off Prada, Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, etc. and all I have to do is mention that my purse is falling apart to have my pick of the lot for free. The stuff she gets looks so authentic that I'm almost afraid she actually gives me the real thing and doesn't say anything, lol.

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 03:44 AM

Well this is what I bought...so it's not like it is completely tacky and at least it is black...and on sale. XD

i spend $40 on gas every week and a half...plus I have to buy stuff to put in my tank of gas as well. :/ I have to pay to get my oil changed. My dad will rotate my tires and he will put air in my tires as well. And I need to get him to fix my bumper because one side came off again today...no thanks to me losing reverse and it wouldn't go in so i kept on going forward when trying to back out of a parking space and went over the bumper-guard-thing-ma-bob-thing (yea...my car sits down that low...)

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 03:51 AM

That is a pretty sweater, Terrena!

Elys, I know what you mean about a closet for your shoes.
I have a large rack that goes up to the ceiling in my closet, and it cannot hold all my shoes.

Those name brand purses are all right, but they tend to be very rigid.
I love the softer ones better.

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 AM

Mhmm...but it's not something I would normally wear though. :/

I don't really have a lot of shoes. I probably have no more than 10-12 pairs of shoes. But I really only wear the one pair though. Then one pair is seasonal because they are boots...but other than snow, they're good for mud! XD

ElysiumFate

Old 02-16-2011, 03:57 AM

Lol. My car is like that too. It can't be more than 8 inches off the ground in the front. She's a real gangsta looking little thing. I have to be careful not to get too close to the curb on any side of it because it would probably take the bumpers off eventually if I rubbed or overshot the curb too many times. My friend's give me so much crap because of how far away I park from curbs...I just tell them that they would too if they had my car. >.>

Oh, also, I'd totally wear that sweater on a cold night in the mountains with the fireplace going. :yes: Not my everyday style, but it looks lounge-worthy.

----

I have a D&G knock off right now and it's really quite flexible. I'm finding that I love it to death, though it's only good for school because it's so huge. I hate being the chick walking around a stinking WALMART of all places with a suitcase full of uselessness. *mumbles* I'm sorry, but if you walk around with that much crud every day, then I automatically peg you as a snob.

Louis Vuitton and some Coach stuff are made out of that rigid material. I don't like those, though my friend dumped a LV on me and wouldn't let me say no, so now that's at the back of my closet waiting for a vacation or something that requires such a huge purse.

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 AM

When I walk around WalMart, my purse is in my cart.
I usually put the child strap through the purse strap so that somebody couldn't easily grab the purse and run.

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 AM

XD

My purse isn't really rigid at all...it's just fabric...just the edges of the opens are any rigid and the straps on it.

And I am going to get off of here so I can go take a shower. I may or may not get back on afterwards. If I do...it would be just to pop in for like a post or two. It's 11pm and I have to take a shower still and I have to get up at 7 in the morning (in which I have been hitting the snooze button here this week and I can't afford to do that tomorrow unless I wake up earlier...

So, Good night yall. :hug:

ElysiumFate

Old 02-16-2011, 04:04 AM

Goodnight, Terrena. I haven't been able to sleep past 7:30 a.m. for weeks so I feel your pain.

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:06 AM

Goodnight, Terrena!

I will have to be leaving soon also.
I need to get up in the morning for my dental appointment.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-16-2011, 04:18 AM

Awh. That's not much incentive to get up. I'd as soon sleep through that and then say that I forgot to set my alarm clock.

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:20 AM

I know what you mean!

I've put this off long enough though.
I haven't been to the dentist in 2 years.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-16-2011, 04:23 AM

Ugh. I don't put off dentist appointments, as a rule. I'd rather get it over with than go three years late and lose a tooth to a root canal. Somehow my dentist screwed up my appointment scheduling and forgot to put me in the books for over a year. That was scary. I hadn't even noticed that I'd not gone. Repression, I think. ;)

Luckily I didn't come away any worse for wear. Those Sonicare toothbrushes are worth their weight in gold.

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:28 AM

After my last appointment, I bought an OralB electric toothbrush.
It's what my dentist recommended.

Now they say that I need to get a Water Pik.
I just bought one at WalMart. We shall see if it saves my teeth or not.

I suspect that I am destined for dentures soon.

ElysiumFate

Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 AM

The sonicare ones do wonders. I mean, they don't heal cavities or anything, but I haven't had a cavity for four years since I started using it and I'm a bit of a sugar addict.

My grandmother is always complaining about how she wants dentures. She has such horrible teeth, but the dentist is milking the money cow with everything he's got so he just keeps giving her caps and what not and tells her that some of the teeth have "some time left."

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 AM

I understand how frustrated she is.

Most of my teeth are capped and have had root canals already.
I have also lost a few of the back teeth, but never had implants done on them.

Sometimes it seems it would be so easy to just take my teeth out and brush them.
`laughs`

Well, it really is time for me to go to bed now.

Goodnight!