Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-23-2011, 07:06 AM

Xander listened to them as they mentioned what they had done over the summer. Really compared to his summer theirs seemed like extremely fun and exciting. Well, Maddelynn's didn't sound as if it had been extremely fun and exciting, still, she did go to France, and Jenna had gone to Mexico. Xander wouldn't mind traveling to other places like that.

"Seems like both of you had nice summers." He looked at Maddelynn and blinked. "Didn't you have a fun time at your birthday party?" He asked the question curiously. The way she had said it, didn't make it sound like it was a great party, but then, she hadn't made it sound like the worst either.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 07-25-2011, 06:48 PM

((Sorry everyone! I went home for the weekend. Had a family reunion. I'll be home today so I'll be on again!))

While Maddelynn talked about her summer Jenna couldn't help but feel bad. It would suck to go somewhere and have to do lessons and appointments. Where was the fun in that? Then when she talked about her birthday party Jenna frowned slightly. Sure Maddelynn didn't say she had a horrid time but she didn't say she had a fun time either. Jenna echoed Xander's question with one of her own. "What did you do at your party?" She knew who Maddelynn's parents were and she couldn't imagine growing up that way.

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 PM

Adelina couldn't refrain from snickering as Nichole spit out the pus flavored bean. A lot of the flavors were bizarre, but it was what the Gryffindor admired; that they weren't afraid to put out flavors like that, even if reactions such as Nichole's were put in effect. Calming down her giggles, the brunette smiled at the blushing girl. "That's why I'm careful to make sure I know what flavor I'm eating," she said in her light soprano voice.

Watching the interaction between the two cats, Adelina tilted her head and smiled. Ana's cat jealousy purred and rubbed against her brother, begging for attention. Popping another bean in her mouth without looking, thankfully it wasn't something absolutely revolting, the girl sighed sadly at Ana's remark. "I know, it's mine too," she replied, feeling blue that she wouldn't be able to return next year for the anticipated train ride. She kind of wanted to return to Hogwarts in a new light, however, possibly coming back to teach. It was an option she greatly smiled upon and considered.

Demetri made a disgusted face at the spat out bean, but laughed at Nichole's expression and reaction. It had happened to himself his first year riding the train, and though he had been teased about it, it was still a fond memory. Everyone, or s he thought, went through that experience. It was almost like a hazing to wizarding candy.

Smiling down the fluffy cat, watching his own betray him and warm up to Ana, the Slytherin willfully pet the cat, listening to it purr almost obnoxiously. He didn't mind that the cat was using him to get back at Ana; Demetri was oddly good with animals. "What are you planning on doing after Hogwarts," he asked curiously, but looked at them all to signify that the question was directed to all of them.

((Sorry it took forever to post; busy week))

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-30-2011, 06:51 AM

((Woot :D Got full go ahead.)
Ana leaned back on haunches, pressing her back against the seat thoughtfully. "Well, you see I was thinking about working with the department for the regulation and control of magical creatures. Or perhaps I could get into a job at Hogsmeade." She wasn't all too sure about how she was gonna go afterwards, but she really wanted a job in the magical world somehow. "And yourself?" she asked Demetri as she ran a hand across her cat's spine. The little animal stiffened and then decided to ignore her. She couldn't help but to smile and pull his tail teasingly and very gently.

The girl was also curious about Delilah's wishes and raised an eyebrow looking up at her. "Oh, I do wonder.." she thought for a few moments and left the sentence unfinished, she peered out the window behind her, leaning on her arms. thumpthump The rain outside tapped the window as it sped by.

Last edited by Ana_M; 08-11-2011 at 02:38 AM..

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Squidie64

Old 08-11-2011, 09:19 AM

Maddelynn shrugged lightly at Xander's question, "Well, I suppose I didn't have a rotten time." She glanced to Jenna and shrugged, "We danced, had supper. I suppose you could say that it felt more like a dinner party rather than a birthday party. I don't know many people my own age, so there were few there, aside from my cousins and a few choice classmates." She nodded lightly and motioned to the stack of cards in her lap, "These are the 'Thank you' notes that I need to sign for the gifts."

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-15-2011, 08:57 PM

Xander listened and nodded slightly. It really did sound more like a dinner party than it did a birthday party. Though he couldn't help but ask as he glanced at the stack of 'thank you' notes. "Did you get a lot of presents, then?" He leaned towards her slightly, mostly looking at the stack of cards. It was a polite thing to do, send out 'thank you' notes. Xander never would have thought of doing such a thing, at least, not for a birthday party. That was the kind of thing people did after baby showers and wedding shower things. He blinked softly, and leaned back in his seat. Not wanting to make either of the girls uncomfortable by leaning forward and hovering in their personal space for too long.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 08-15-2011, 09:22 PM

Almost opening her mouth in shock Jenna shook her head. A dinner party for your birthday? She would have murdered her parents if they did that. Glancing down at the thank you cards Jenna once again shook her head. It was her birthday why should she send out thank you cards? For other occasions yes maybe but for her birthday? "Oh Maddelynn that sounds absolutely dreadful. I'm sorry to say that and come off as rude, but a dinner party for your birthday? Where is all the fun in that? It's suppose to be your day, your birthday! Plus you don't need to send out bloody thank you notes. Any other occasion maybe, but not for your birthday presents!" Jenna blushed slightly and looked down at her hands in her lap. "I'm sorry again if I came off rude about that.."

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 AM

Maddelynn nodded to Xander and smiled, "Oh, yes, I got a lot of presents this year." She frowned a little when Jenna spoke of how dreadful her party sounded. Perhaps it really did sound awful. She sighed lightly, "No, do not feel bad. Perhaps it would be true if I were...well, anyone else. It's like I've said many times to many different people. I come from an entirely different world than most of you. A stiff party like that is the standard for girls like me. Ugh, you should have been to Charlotte's party. Even my Uncle wanted to leave early." She giggled quietly, then cleared her throat and shrugged, "My family and I did have a wonderful breakfast together, though. I opened their gifts then."

In that moment, a tall young man passed the compartment door. He paused, examining a small envelope in his hands, then boldly opened the door without waiting for any sort of invitation. He leaned on the door frame and gave the three a view of himself. He was a tall young man, clad in the robes of a Gryffindor. His wavy black hair was swept to the side away from his face. He had the skin color of coffee with lots of cream. It was delicate looking, almost like Maddelynn's, but more sun-kissed. His honey-gold eyes swept over Maddelynn for a moment, then roamed over Jenna in an appreciative fashion. He cast Xander a mere glance, then looked to Maddelynn and Jenna once more, "Good morning, Ladies. Maddelynn, I was instructed by my mother to give this to you," he said, holding up the envelope. He set it down next to her and smiled handsomely, "She sends her regrets at not being able to attend your birthday party. I'm sure it was a...delightful party." He words didn't seem too genuine and neither did his smile.

Last edited by Squidie64; 10-17-2011 at 08:17 AM..

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-23-2011, 03:34 PM

As Maddelynn explained everything to Jenna she frowned slightly. Sure she knew that she was raised up in a different household then herself. But she never knew it was to this extent. When Maddelynn giggled softly a smile came to Jenna's face. Opening her mouth she was just about to speak when their compartment door opened up.

Raising her gaze up it fell upon a fellow Gryffindor student, Ewen. He was very handsome and she watched as his eyes roamed over her. She ducked her head so she could hide her small smile. "Good morning," she replied as she looked back up to give him a smile. When he sat down by Maddelynn and spoke about her party Jenna frowned slightly. The way he spoke screamed non genuine. Sure she had just told Maddelynn that her party sounded dreadful but at least she told the truth.

Biting her lip Jenna thought of something and could help the grin that spread across her face. "Maddelynn! I have the most brilliant idea! How would you like a proper birthday party? We can have it in the Gryffindor common room. I will plan everything all you have to do is say yes!" She set pleading eyes on the girl, begging her to accept. Jenna loved planning parties and she wanted Maddelynn to have something fun to remember.

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; 10-24-2011 at 11:05 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 PM

Closing her book with a clap, Cassi sighed. The weather was certainly depressing, and it wasn't like she had very many, if any, friends. In truth, most people tended to be put off by her timidity, though her emotional lability played a part for sure.

Feeling a tickle on her arm, she went to scratch it before she realized that Fand hadn't made it back yet. He had gone off earlier to find some rats to eat, but he was often pulled aside by warm areas, even though he had been told to come back once he had eaten. A breath of fear curled up her spine as she stood, tossing her bag over her shoulder before opening her compartment. Most people would kill a king cobra first and ask questions later, and if he was sleeping, he could very well be harmed before he could react.

And so she went from compartment to compartment, stammering her question while her eyes darted around. She was tempted to call to him using Parseltongue, but a lot of people wouldn't appreciate that, what with the whole basilisk thing last year. She sort of wished she had had the courage to face that thing, but she was pretty freaked out just hearing it go through the school, whispering awful, awful things.

Eventually, she came to a compartment filled with several Gryffindors, a few of which she recognized. Maddelynn was one, her Victorian-era clothing making her stand out sharply, and Jess was another one, though it took Cassi a moment longer to put her name to her face. Sliding the door open hastily, she peeked her head in. "H-Hey, have a-any o-of you guys seen a s-snake? About yea, long?" she asked, miming around nine feet with her hands.

Coughing violently as smoke billowed out of the compartment following the bang, Jacob tried to keep from breathing it in. A quick spell blew the gas back into the compartment, which he closed tightly. Okay, so carrying the volatile chemicals on the train had not been a good idea. His bad. Of course, that didn't mean his friend would stop freaking out.

"Dude, chill," he said, holding his hands up defensively. His friend gave him a vindictive look, brushing her robes off with quick, violent motions.

"Chill! she screeched, gesturing widely to the smoke-filled chamber. "You almost freaking killed us! Look at that!"

"No, it wasn't as strong as it needed to be to kill us," he explained, scratching his chin as he searched for a solution to the problem of the compartment being filled with deadly smoke. "See how the glass isn't even cracked? It would've at least needed to shatter it before we would have been in danger of dying." Suddenly his eyes lit up, and he waved his wand again, muttering another spell to open the window.

Shaking her head at him and looking bewildered, his friend stomped off, spouting a stream of curses that would have killed them a lot easier than the explosion.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2011, 05:37 AM

Maddelynn was stiff while Ewan spoke. She took the note and set it on her things, not bothering to open it at the moment. She nodded stiffly to Ewan, then looked to Jenna when she excitedly spoke of a new birthday party. A birthday party? It didn't sound like a good idea to her. She didn't have too many friends at Hogwarts, but she couldn't bring herself to say no. She found herself smiling and nodding slowly, "Yes, that would be wonderful, Jenna. Thank you very much." She looked to the door when it slid open again. She didn't know the name of the girl standing there and visibly shivered when she mentioned a missing snake. She lifted her feet slowly and looked over the edge of her seat, "I haven't seen one. I am more than sure, however, that my shrieks of terror will alert you if I do."

At the mention of the snake, Ewan's lip curled. He nodded his head to Jenna and Maddelynn, "This is my cue to leave. Good day, ladies." With that, he slipped out the door passed Cassi and headed down the hall.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 10-31-2011, 04:29 PM

((never mind decided to post before work lol. Screw it if I'm late!))

A huge grin started to spread across Jenna's face when Maddelynn agreed to the birthday party. But her grin was soon replaced with a frown. A snake was missing? Glancing down at the ground she searched. "I'm ok with snakes so if I find it I'll pick it up. Would your snake allow me to do so and not bite?" There wasn't much that Jenna was afraid of. Snakes didn't bother her at all. Sure she was weary around them but she wouldn't be afraid picking it up. As Ewen took his leave she waved good bye to him then returned her attention back to the Slytherin girl. As she waited for the girl to tell her yes or no Jenna couldn't help but start planning Maddelynn's party. It was going to be so much fun!

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-31-2011, 11:45 PM

"No, you'd better not try to touch him," Cassi responded, bending down low to see one last time. "He's a King Cobra, so you have to be careful. He could bite on instinct." Sighing deeply, she thanked the Gryffindors and turned, surprised to see Fang curled up in the apartment across from the hall.

"Fang!" she exclaimed, hopping across the hall joyfully to retrieve him. "I told you to come back once you had eaten. Why didn't you?" Without knowing it, Cassi had slipped into Parseltongue, the language of snakes. A few students in the hall stared at her in amazement, or wide-eyed terror. Maybe a little bit of both. The Chamber of Secrets issue last year had caused a lot of mistrust on people with her skill. One kid actually had his wand out, aiming it at her.

Without really thinking, she darted back into the Gryffindors' compartment, aware of the scurry of feet as she left. "Damnit," she swore, kicking herself for her stupidity. She had been so careful until then. Yet, she wasn't mad at Fang, who was laying over her shoulders gently, lifting his head and licking her cheek. She giggled before stroking his head, forgetting about the others.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2011, 03:58 AM

Maddelynn looked around wearily, but breathed an audible sigh of relief when Cassi found the snake. She set aside her thank you notes and dug in her purse. She pulled out a small vial. It was filled with a thick, globby, brown liquid. It didn't look remotely edible, but Maddelynn popped the cork off and down the nasty potion. She dabbed the corners of her mouth with a handkerchief and corked the vial. She tucked it back in her bag and wiggled in her seat to get comfortable. She watched Cassi reenter the compartment and smiled politely.

~: A bit pitiful, but lol It's a post :~

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 PM

((Wow sorry for my crap of a post lol))

With Cassi's warning Jenna nodded. Ok so she wouldn't pick up the snake, no need to get bitten. She watched as the girl left with a smile. Then she turned her attention back to Maddelynn, who was taking a potion. Eyebrow raised she looked at the girl. "What was that?" She asked curiously.

Hearing Cassi come back in she looked up and smiled. "I see you found him. That's good!" She glanced at the snake with curiosity. Jenna always did like strange things. Not much scared her so everything to her was interesting.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-04-2011, 10:48 PM

Eyeing the other inhabitants of the compartment with curiosity, Fang flicked his split tongue out several time, testing the air and their "scent." His sudden movement alerted Cassi, who looked over with similar curiosity, unaware she had gone right back into the Gryffindor compartment.

Blushing brightly, she stammered out an apology, trying to explain. "I-I'm s-sorry! I ac-accidentally spoke to Fang in Parseltongue, and a lot of people overreacted," she blurted out, eyes wide. "Y-You a-aren't mad are you?" Fang, sensing her discomfort, licked at her cheek again, nudging her slightly to try and cheer her up. She smiled, but she couldn't take her eyes off of the others, worried that they would be angry like so many others would have been.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-06-2011, 04:23 AM

Maddelynn glanced to Jenna after puttin the vial back. She looked down to her bag, trying desperately to think of something fast, "Oh, it was nothing. Just a...little tonic that my Grandfather gave me. ..Strengthens the......finger nails." Maddelynn winced, immediately regretting that five star decision. "I have weak finger nails. Always breaking." She silently scolded herself and begged her brain to quite while it was ahead. She looked to Cassi when she spoke up, asking both of the girls if they were mad. Maddelynn shook her head, "Of course not! No, I don't mind in the least. You have a gift, by all means, use it."

~: Sorry for the wait. I had to work last night. I would have been off today, but I had to cover the German Fall Festival. And I will NEVER do it again >^< Next year, I'm going to make plans and say I can't do it :~

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 11-06-2011, 04:34 AM

Raising an eyebrow Jenna shrugged. She obviously didn't believe Maddelynn but the girl was allowed her secrets. If she didn't want to tell her then that was quite alright with Jenna. Shaking her head Jenna gave Cassi a smile. "Those bloody wankers. Don't worry about them Cassi. You should be proud of your gift. Never hide it!" Pointing to the empty bench across from them she smiled again. "Have a seat! Want any candy?" Jenna motioned to the bag of candy her mother had given to her for the trip.

----------

Dang that totally sucks!!!

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-06-2011, 01:21 PM

"Thanks," Cassi answered, breathing out deeply. "It's the whole issue with the Basilisk from last year. It's like they automatically assume that I'm going to kill them with some evil snake monster." It felt good to have someone know about her ability however; it really took a weight off of her shoulders. Smiling, though for a different reason now, Cassi reached forward and grabbed some of the proffered candy, especially the minty things.

"Say, why did that other man leave?" Cassi asked, puzzled. Most guys weren't afraid of snakes, though it was quite different seeing a King Cobra compared to your usual, everyday garter snake. A huge venomous monster compared to a little pinching bug. "Fang didn't frighten him, did he? He's actually quite harmless, well, if I'm around that is."

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 11:23 PM

Maddelynn was thankful that Jenna didn't press the issue. While Jenna offered Cassi some candy, Maddelynn took a moment to pull out a small bottle. It was clearly labeled 'Peppermint Drops', so no secrets there. She unscrewed the top and brought the dropper to her mouth. She squeezed a few drops onto her tongue and capped the bottle again. She dropped the bottle back in her bag and looked to Cassi when she asked about Ewan. Maddelynn's aquamarine eyes rolled quite dramatically. She wiggled in her seat and set her hands in her lap, "Ewan Ramsay is the biggest coward I know. He plays it off quite differently, however. Once, in our first year, he attempted to transfigure a teacup into a dinner napkin. Merlin only knows why. Well, he failed. Miserably. He was promptly bitten by the coral snake it turned into."

Last edited by Squidie64; 11-07-2011 at 11:54 PM..

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 11:52 PM

Grimacing Jenna shook her head. Some people were just so stupid. Anyone that met Cassi could instantly tell she was a sweet girl. "They're all just idiots." After Cassi took some candy Jenna dropped the bag back down on the seat. Then she listened with interest when Maddelynn explain why Ewen left. She burst out in laughter, hugging her stomach. "Oh my gosh! That is extremely funny! I had completely forgotten about that." Still chuckling she shook her head. "Hey Cassi do you think Fang will let me pet him?" She really wanted to touch the snake, feel his skin.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-08-2011, 02:43 AM

Maddelynn's story about Ewan was surprising; Cassi had always thought him to be quite brave. The reason for the transmutation was as obscure to her as to them, but having it turn into a venomous snake would be quite devastating to first year. "Are you sure it was a coral snake? 'Red on yellow will kill a fellow, but red on black is a friend of Jack,'" she responded, quoting the rhyme to make sure. If it was a coral snake, he's lucky to be alive; they're quite venomous.

Cassi had smiled at Jenna's comment about the others on the train, but her question stunned her. "Do you mind if she touches you, Fang?" she asked, her voice rasping. "He said he didn't mind. If you accidentally prick yourself on his fangs, don't panic though. He has to voluntarily inject the venom, which he promised he wouldn't." Letting him inch forward off of her arm, Fang descended to the table slowly, eyeing the girl with unblinking, black eyes eyes.

Squidie64
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 AM

Maddelynn nodded, "Oh, yes, I'm quite sure. Madame Pomfrey set him right rather quickly. He spent a week in the hospital, though. I think the following illness is what turned him off snakes to begin with. If I think about it, though, I can hardly blame him." Maddelynn pulled her thank you notes back into her lap and began scrawling her signature on them once more. The sooner she was finished with them, the sooner she could send them off.

It was not a moment later that the train came to a halt. Maddelynn looked out the window, but she knew they couldn't possibly be anywhere near Hogwarts yet. When the train lurched suddenly, it topple her book and the things balanced on top of it to the floor. Maddelynn suddenly became unconcerned with the fact that they had stopped when she saw the streak of ink that went down her gown. She quickly cleaned up the cards and closed the now half empty ink bottle. She stuffed everything in her bag and looked at her gown. "What on EARTH could have happened that made them stop?! This is LOVELY! Just WONDERFUL!" It was probably the loudest anyone had heard Maddelynn speak. "This gown is ruined. RUINED! I cannot possibly imagine how I will EVER get this stain out! There isn't enough detergent in the world to fix this!" This was, honestly, a true portrayal of how the Victorian girls really were. Maddelynn may be sweet, but she was spoiled.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 AM

Grinning from ear to ear Jenna put her head down on Fangs level. After studying him for a moment she stuck her hand out slowly. With the tip of her finger she brushed his head. If it could have been possible her already huge grin would have gotten bigger. Using her whole hand now she stroked the snake. "Hello Fang," she said softly.

When the train screeched to a stop and lurched, Jenna put her hands on the table quickly. She narrowly missed smacking her face on the table. Looking up in amazement she studied the screaming Maddelynn. Eyebrows coming together Jenna frowned at her. With one hand still on the table she grabbed her wand from her packet. Pointing it at Maddelynn's dress she mumbled a few words. The huge stain went away slightly. Jenna wasn't good at that kind of magic so it didn't completely go away. "Don't worry about it Maddelynn, I'm sure one of the teachers can fix it. If I was stronger in that type of magic it would have already been completely gone."

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-10-2011, 01:18 AM

As Jenna stroked Fang, he bobbed, which was sort of like his purr, and slithered around Jenna's arm. He was a very friendly serpent, and he always loved being touched, or touching as the case may be. Regardless, it kept him out of the way when the train stopped suddenly, so he didn't get hurt when Jenna fell forward suddenly. He immediately retreated though, wrapping himself around Cassi's shoulders as before while Maddelynn started shrieking.

The stain caught Cassi's eye after a moment, and with a moment's hesitation, she pulled a vial out of her robe. "Do you mind, Fang?" she asked, to which the snake replied no, baring his fang obediently. Cassi took the vial and put the opening under the fang, waiting for him to "inject" his venom. The sickly yellow liquid glimmered faintly in the light, but Cassi held it out to Maddelynn. "This'll get the stain out for sure!" she said, smiling.