Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 08:55 PM

As she walks she spies two people she's seen around Menewsha before but doesn't actually know and one of her favorite friends Jelly pinning a sign to one of them.

She saunters closer to read "Kick Me" on the person's back and giggles to herself.

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 08:56 PM

Feeling throughly awkward, he looked around for something to change the subject.

"It...it's working out just fine!" he stammered, trying to voice over her giggles.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 08:59 PM

Star watches as someone pins a sign on Gabriel's back, she tilts her head, but decides to ignore it, hoping it wasn't too bad.

She lets out a small sigh as she finally stops her frenzy of giggles and once again, she tugs at her jacket.

"Seen anyone familiar round here?" she asked

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Nervously gazing over the marvelous Carnival grounds, Tinelle tried to spot a familiar face. The turnout for the carnival was overwhelming. People seemed to be everywhere. Eying the large crowd, Tinelle finally spotted someone whom she had previously met.

"Suteki!" Tinelle called.

She added loudly, "Hello!"

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Gabriel smiled, and sat back down.

"To be honest, no, I haven't seen many people just yet...then again, I did sorta spend a day in the house of mirrors...err...not LITERALLY a day...of course...that would just be silly."

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Suteki Send a message via MSN to Suteki

Old 07-28-2007, 09:02 PM

Just after stepping in, Suteki heard her name being shouted. She stepped out, looking for familiar faces.

Scanning the small crowd around here, she finally found the person who called her name.

"Tinelle!" Suteki said, smiling. She rushed towards her. "Hey, how are you? This carnival is great, ne?"

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Star giggled again, but not as much as before.
"you spent a day in the mirrors?" she smiled "don't worry, I was convinced i knew the way once, so i ran into one of the mirrors" She smiled remembering it well

"At least you didn't do that, right?" She asked, hoping he hadn't otherwise she may just have to laugh all over again

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Taking a deep breath Jurupa Mae decided to approach the people on the bench. She was terrible about meeting new people but Kale had told her she needed to venture out more so here went nothing.

"Hello", she smiled nervously. "I've seen you two around before but I don't think we've ever met. I'm Jurupa Mae."

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 09:06 PM

"Hello Suteki!" Tinelle repeated. "I am doing great, this Carnival seems very nice so far. I had just been to the Avatar Contest, I am thinking of entering if I can get a decent looking summer avatar before the deadline. I saw your performance in the Trivia tent, you did great" Pausing for a moment, she questioned, "What prize did you earn?"

"have you entered the raffle yet, Suteki? I just dropped my application in a little while ago!"

Stereo
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2007, 09:08 PM

"And I'm not even sure what everyone is celebrating." He spoke to the heavily scented air, his hands nestled in his pockets. Certainly, Summer had been around for a good few months - why, with only a month of it left it all seemed rather bizarre. But he wasn't much used to the people in this place, and who knew what they thought of the matter?

He did feel a bit out of place. Not that he had any particular problems about talking to strangers, just... everyone seemed rather busy with their friends, and some of the stalls looked a bit too busy to approach - the very friendliness of the crowds intimidated him, so he slunk around barefoot behind people's backs, stopping to have a listen to this or that piece of conversation once in a while.

He supposed it was all rather nice. Noisy, but Stereo had never disliked noise. Given his name, that would be rather bizarre.

Well, it was time to find something a touch more exciting. And by something exciting, he meant a conversation. Those were usually fairly exciting, weren't they? Well, when he was involved in one. Which he wasn't, not at the moment. But there were plenty of them drifting around... it couldn't be hard to find one he could jump into.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 09:09 PM

Suteki smiled, glad to see a friend. "Awesome. I might go buy some clothes to enter that contest, but I'm not sure. I'm also considering the writing contest, but as you can see, I lack pen and paper," Suteki said, smiling.

"And thanks; it was really tough! I picked a Scarf of Order. And yeah, I entered the raffle. I wonder who will win what! And what about you, will you enter the trivia competition?"

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 09:10 PM

"Ack...ouch." Gabriel replied grimacing slightly at the prospect of anyone running into a mirror. "You seemed to have survived, at least!" he smiled, not certain on what to say next.

"Hmm?" He looked up, to see a third person approaching. She seemed rather nervous.

"Oh hello," he grinned "I'm Gabriel." He looked to Star for her to introduce herself.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 09:13 PM

Star looked up shortly after Gabriel did, noticing the newcomer to what she had decided to call "the bench of wonder" just 'cos it sounded cool.

Star stuck out her hand "Hello there, I'm Star, Welcome to 'The Bench of wonder'" She grinned, it was obvious that she was one of the 'less-sane' members of the Menewshan community

She shuffled up the bench slightly allowing room for the newcomer to sit down

Tinelle
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 PM

"There are so many contests, with tempting prizes to be won in this Carnival!" Tinelle said smiling, delighted to see how the carnival turned out. "You should enter!" Tinelle encouraged, "you will have plenty of time, it doesn't need to be done this moment." She added quickly.

"I wonder who will win the raffle too; pure luck, that is! I will be entering the trivia competition, next round which begins tonight" She said with a hint of excitement in her voice.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 07-28-2007, 09:15 PM

Shakey enters the carnival and trips over a log. "Ow! That hurt!" She yells out, she looks around and sees hotdog stands, Candyfloss, rides, tresure hunts, raffles and so many other things. "Yay!" She squeals and runs around the place. After a few embarrasing secods, she looks up and sees a bunch of people talking to eachother "Hello." She waves.

Suteki
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 PM

"I know, there is. And maybe... I'd have to see if it sounds any good first," Suteki said, slightly embarrassed. "And good luck with the trivia, it was pretty hard to get the answers in first. I bet that you can do it though."

Suteki started to notice how her hand was starting to burn; the paper plate didn't combat the heat of her funnel cake very well. "How about we go sit down? This funnel cake is starting to burn me," Suteki suggested.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 PM

Relaxing, Jurupa Mae sat down and shook Star's hand. She was genuinely relieved that they had welcomed her instead of ignoring her completely.

"The bench of wonders, huh" , she mused. "This must be one heck of a bench."

Jurupa Mae scanned the crowd for others she had seen or knew from around Menewsha. She turned to Gabriel and Star, noticing Star seemed a little off kilter but said nothing about that. "I just got here myself. Haven't seen many people around yet." She ran her hand through her still wet hair, wringing it slightly. "How are things going here so far?"

Gabriel
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 PM

"Yes! The bench of wonder...how...wondrous!"

He stood up to offer her a place and felt a buzzing in his breast-pocket.

"Oh my..." he retrieved his cell-phone. After a moment of listening, he simply nodded and said "Okay."

He bowed to Star and Jurupa Mae. "Please excuse me, I must go for now."

He then strode off, quickly, towards the front entrance of the carnival.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 09:22 PM

Star nodded happily
"yeah, the bench of wonder, Mainly 'cos Gabriel stood up and did his 'protect the newbies' speech, blessing the bench in the process" She joked.

She lent in and whispered quickly to Jurupa "that and his corn dog is burried under it" before leaning back again and grinning again

it was obvious she'd relaxed now, compared to earlier

Star smiled to Gabriel and politely said good bye

Stereo
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Something whirled past him then - someone falling. He jumped back, almost running into the hot-dog stand before looking back to see Shakey. And... a log? "How in the world did that get there?" He blinked, and checked the ground for further obstacles of the sort. Fortunatly, Shakey was either vry unlucky or somehow prone to tripping over logs, because it was the only one he could see.

Although some part of him told him it wasn't wise to follow someone who was prone to falling over logs, he did anyway - because she was heading towards a group of people he didn't really know. Not that he knew many people around here, although he'd been hoping to spot a few.

They were all sitting... or, well, standing around a bench, which - well, apparently was some kind of bench of wonder, although it just looked like a bench to him. Well, another of the strange mysteries of this place.

One of them stood then, whirling past Stereo as he powerwalked back towards the entrance - he stepped out of the way for a second time, pushing his hands deeper into his pockets. It seemed like he couldn't go waving them about like everyone else did - any moment now someone else would run past and tear them clean off!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 09:24 PM

"So THAT is what happened to the corn dog..

actually thinking about that is making me hungry.."

jelly wanders off in search of more food

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 07-28-2007, 09:25 PM

"Bye Gabriel", Jurupa Mae waved and smiled.

She looked down at the now hallowed ground; the final resting place of a beloved corn dog. She picked off some of her cotton candy and bent over to bury it in the dirt. "There, now it won't be alone." She laughed at the thought of Gabriel striking a pose and mourning his corn dog. Too bad she missed that.

She hears someone else saying hello and quickly turns to see who it is.

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 07-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Shakey could sense someone is following her. She whirls around and is about to open her mouth to confront them but only manages to catch a glimpse of him as he zoomed off for an unknown reason. However, she did see the redness of his hair, and she also saw how unusual it was.

Star Valo
Silly Little Unicorn
Penpal

Old 07-28-2007, 09:30 PM

Star Giggles slightly, She seemed to be doing that a lot today. She glanced up from the corn dog's grave companion to see more people coming towards her bench of wonder

She smiled and stood up from the bench to allow them all room to sit down
"Hello" she greeted kindly

Stereo
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2007, 09:34 PM

"Why're you burying food?" He blinked, watching the little puff of cotton-candy being covered up by dirt. "It's not going to grow into a tree of anything... is it?" Well, really - he didn't even know that much, but he'd never seen a cotton candy tree - or a corn dog tree for that matter - so it didn't seem all that likely.

He hadn't actually eaten anything yet - for the same reason he didn't want to keep his hands out in the open. Everything and everyone seemed to move by so fast he thought it was rather dangerous, carrying around any food. He'd propably end up with ketchup in his hair. Not that you'd be able to tell, considering his hair was tomato-red anyway.

He glanced back to see Shakey staring at the place where he'd just been - her mouth open as if she was going to say something. "What?" He called out to her, checking to make sure no one was going to race past him for a third time. "What did I do?"