Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 06-03-2016, 10:08 PM

Leila just let him talk, taking it all in. At least he seemed a bit happy, which was a good thing. "I'm glad you're here." Another lame thing to say, but she wasn't so good at all these personal things. She rarely had such in-depth conversations with anyone. It wasn't a lie though, she only wished she had met him sooner. He seemed like a nice person, and she was really enjoying her time with him, a surprise considering she only just met him today.

The sound of the bell came to her once more, was class over already? That meant it must be time for lunch. Her stomach growled at that thought, she hated leaving the roof, but she knew she needed to eat soon. Besides, she was supposed to join Luke and Myriam for lunch. "Join me for lunch?" She asked hesitantly, wondering if he would turn her down. Perhaps he had enough of her for one day, Luke always said he could only be around her so much before he went insane. Standing up, she smoothed out her dress then held her hand out to him, offering to help him up. "I'm supposed to meet my brother and his friend, you're welcome to come."

Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-03-2016, 10:33 PM

Raphael laughed softly, "Thanks Leila." he said to her and heard a bell ring. "Lunch time already?" he said to himself. Her growling stomach and request confirmed his thoughts. Taking her hand in his, he stood up and nodded. He let her hand go, "Sure I'll be there. Just look for the floating lunch tray okay?" Raphael replied. He wasn't sure how lunch would go with other people there, but he just hoped it went okay. Her brother was going to be there and he wasn't sure if he'd be too happy to see him considering what he and Leila had practically done to the poor guy. "Do you think your brother will still be upset about the little prank we pulled on him?" Raphael asked.

Myriam gathered her things and quickly made her way to the lunch area. She grabbed quite a bit of food, having been starving and made her way to her favorite pond. She wasn't sure if Luke or Leila would actually show up, but Luke had said that they would right? "Oh!" She gasped and abandoned her food there by the pond to run off towards her room. She had promised to show Luke her collection of odd things she had found.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-03-2016, 10:55 PM

Leila shrugged and made her way to the stairwell and down. No one was around to see them, which she was thankful for. "He'll get over it, I doubt he was even that mad." Luke wouldn't stay mad at her for long, and he was too shy to dare confront anyone else, especially if Leila brought them along. If anything he should approve of her new friend, he didn't seem to be too much of a troublemaker, and despite being pretty, he wasn't a girl who he might feel awkward around. Her stomach growled again and she giggled. "Sorry about that, us shifters need a lot of food to keep going." Her steps were hurried, they had a long walk to the cafeteria and she didn't want all the cookies to be gone before she could get some.

A lazy morning had been just what Luke needed, he felt refreshed and ready for the day. He would go to lunch with Myriam and Leila, then go to his two classes. Perhaps afterwards he'd find Sven for a few rounds of chess. He looked around but didn't see Leila, perhaps she was being slow leaving class. Myriam wasn't in the cafeteria either, perhaps he was a little early. His tray was filled with his usual lunch, french fries, a turkey sandwich, two cupcakes, an apple, and a bottle of soda. With no sign of either of the girls, he headed outside to the pond. As he got closer he noticed a tray near it, the small amount of food, and lack of a dozen cookies, proved it probably belonged to Myriam. Where had she gone? "Myriam?" He called out, setting his tray beside hers before going to the pond and leaning over. She didn't seem to be in there, but it was rather murky.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-04-2016, 12:32 AM

Raphael smiled and nodded. He had to believe her word. Luke had looked pretty angry and sounded angry as well though, but maybe he had forgotten about it by now. Raphael quickly followed her down the stairs and over to the cafeteria. It seemed a little crowded there as students lined up and grabbed their lunches for the day. "So you don't have any other classes today?" he asked Leila as he grabbed his tray and took a few things for his lunch. He had a turkey sandwich, some french fries, ketchup, and some orange juice. He wondered what kind of lunch she would grab. She had said they needed a lot of food. hopefully she found something that she liked.

Myriam opened her closet and picked up a large box that had various things inside and other boxes as well which were filled with little knickknacks. Picking the box up in her arms, she slowly made her way out of her room and made sure the door was closed behind her before running off to the park again. It was hard to really see where she was going, occasionally her eyes would dart to the top of the box to make sure nothing fell out as she continued to run. Hopefully no one was there yet, and if they were, she hoped that she didn't keep them waiting too long.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-04-2016, 12:54 AM

"Nope, just those two morning ones..." Leila laughed, the teacher may be mad at her for missing, but she would probably go at some point and make up the work. Teacher had become used to her, she was a bit of a free-spirit, and if they let he do the work on her own time, it was often done to satisfaction anyways. The headmistress wasn't fond of that plan, but at the same time, it was the only way to get rid of her in the end. "That's all you get?" She murmured as she filled her tray, it was soon overloaded with two bags of chips, two grilled cheese sandwiches, a dozen cookies, a cupcake, and two things of chocolate milk. The lunch ladies no longer batted an eye at her, used to the large amount of foods her and Luke consumed. "Come on, I bet Luke is waiting for us." She was careful not to tip her tray as she weaved through the people and out the main door. Would Raphael mind eating outside?

"I should warn you, Myriam is a bit... different? Not bad, but she's a gorgon. Her hair is pretty wicked, actually." She grinned back at him as she led him to the pond. She could see Luke leaning over the water, perhaps Myriam was in there.

Luke gave up on looking for Myriam, he turned back to his tray and noticed Leila coming. Oh, so she brought that boy? He hid a frown, he wasn't sure she needed a friend who helped her pull pranks like that. He was getting her out of trouble often enough already. "Ah, you didn't forget." He said rather lamely, not sure really what to say. Lunch seemed like it was probably going to be pretty awkward.

"Nope, can't get rid of me that easily." She grinned and plopped down on the ground, her tray on her lap.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-04-2016, 01:06 AM

"A gorgon? Like a snake lady?" Raphael asked and smiled. "Alright, don't worry though. You guys won't even know I'm here." he said to her with a smirk. It would probably be best for him to be gone anyway, but he was looking forward to having lunch with people. "Yeah, I don't like to eat too much because then I'll get sick or something and that's never good." he answered. Raphael followed Leila through the crowded lunch area. Creatures of various kinds talked amongst themselves. Some harpies flew by quickly, settling down in their seats. So they had befriended a gorgon? That was something that wasn't easily accomplished and somehow Leila and her brother had done just that. When they arrived at a lake, Raphael smiled at Luke and wasn't sure that Luke was too happy to see him. Raphael sat down next to her and went invisible, it was probably for the best.

Myriam reached the lake and set the box down on the ground. "Hey, I'm sorry if you have been waiting long." Myriam said. "I was here earlier but then I remembered that I had promised to show you my collection Luke." she explained and pointed to the box. "This is everything I have found so far. Not everything is from this lake. I have looked in other lakes around the school before as well. If you find something you like you can take it." she said to Luke and looked at Leila, giving her an apologetic smile. She wasn't sure if they were okay ever since the incident that happened between them that one night in the woods.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-04-2016, 01:28 AM

Leila waved happily to Myriam, "Hullo!" She couldn't blame Myriam, Luke was right, she shouldn't have dragged her off in the middle of the night. It was easy enough to forgive her, Leila wasn't one to hold grudges. She was more curious though about this new found friendship Myriam and Luke had formed. Apparently they had gotten along quite fabulously yesterday, so it was better than she hadn't been around. "Oh! This floating tray here is Raphael." She said, motioning to him.

Luke was curious about the box and ignored his lunch in favour of looking through it. "I'm surprised you remembered." He said, managing a smile up at Myriam. It would be easier to keep a conversation going if they were distracted by the curious treasures, or with Leila around, since she was rarely at a loss for words. It seemed strange that he went from eating alone, or with only his sister, to their small group. Of course Leila was to thank for this. He munched on a cookie while he picked through the items, turning them over in his hands. "What is all this stuff?" He asked, curious.

"I'm curious to see what it looks like when someone invisible eats..." Leila said, nudging what she thought was Raphael's arm. Her brother was obviously busy. It seemed her plan wasn't so crazy after all.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-04-2016, 01:58 AM

Myriam was surprised to see Leila in such a good mood. Maybe she had forgotten about what happened? She hadn't even noticed the floating lunch tray until Leila had pointed it out. An invisible person? "Oh...h-hello there Raphael." Myriam said nervously. "Hello Myriam, nice to meet you." came the reply. It was odd not being able to see the person who was speaking but she offered a smile anyway. Raphael had heard what Leila said and laughed. "It doesn't look weird. You're not going to be able to see me chew my food if that's what you think." Raphael said.

He picked up a french fry and took a bite, half the fry vanishing as he did. It wasn't anything special like people probably thought it was. He was invisible, not see through and for that he was sure everyone was thankful. Looking at Lukas and Myriam, both of them were busy looking into a large cardboard box filled to the brim with trash. Well it wasn't actual trash but nothing in there stood out to him.

Myriam sipped the milk she had gotten and looked in the box with Luke. "I had actually almost forgotten, but I like to keep my promises. I at least try to anyway. Sometimes I do forget." Myriam admitted. "Well, I'm not sure what half of the things are, but I thought they looked pretty interesting so I just grabbed it. Look, I think you'll like this." she said and pulled out a small wooden box. Opening the box, a lot of jewelry was inside but she pulled out a pocket watch and showed it to him. "It's heavy, I think it's silver. I don't know if it works or not though." she explained as she held it out for him. "I don't need it, you're welcome to have it if you'd like." she said quietly, a light blush on her face.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-04-2016, 03:06 AM

Leila could only pout, she wasn't sure what she expected, but she thought it'd be a bit more interesting. "Well that is far less exciting than I had hoped for..." She grumbled before polishing off another cookie. "Want one?" She asked through a full mouth, holding out one of the chocolate chip cookies to Raphael. She was content to sit back and watch her brother interact with Myriam, it was about time he managed more than five words to a female other than her.

Luke took the pocket watch from her, turning it over in his hand. "It is rather heavy..." He mused, not that he was an expert on pocket watched by any mean. She was allowing him to have it? He ducked his head, hiding a blush as he nodded. It seemed he hadn't completely scared her off, which surprised him. "Oh, well if you don't mind... Thank you, Myriam." He was sure if it didn't work he might be able to get it working. There had to be a book in the library about pocket watches that might help out. He put the watch in his pocket and grabbed half of the sandwich from his tray, eating it as he continued to rifle through the box with Myriam.

"My roommate is not a fan of that stone head we found yesterday, but Leila finds it quite amusing." He shot a glance at Leila, his eyes narrowed. Her answering giggles didn't help his anger, even if he was mostly angry at himself for actually thinking it could be possessed. Next time he wouldn't be fooled so easily. Ignoring his sister, he picked through the box... so she was like him, it didn't matter what it was, as long as it looked interesting or was different and weird, it ended up in his collection.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-04-2016, 03:42 AM

"I'm sorry to disappoint pretty lady. I'm invisible, not see through." Raphael replied as he ate another french fry happily. Leila probably was expecting to see him chew the food which was actually disgusting to imagine. Why would anyone want to see that? The thought made him shudder, although no one else noticed. "Oh, thank-you Leila." Raphael took the cookie offered, the cookie was now floating and slowly started to disappear as he bit into it and ate it. "Mmm, this would go great with milk." Raphael said to himself and made a mental note to get milk next time with any cookies he could find.

"It is isn't it? I wonder what it's made of and who it belonged to." Myriam muttered softly. She smiled upon hearing him thank her for the watch. "You're welcome Luke. I'm sure we can find more things in here that you may like." she said to him and dug deeper into the box. "Do you like old money?" she asked him, the tentacles on her head moving on their own. "I ask because I think I have some coins in here somewhere. I thought maybe you collect that stuff. If you don't I'll keep it." Myriam explained. Today the rope was in the box instead of on her head like it had been before.

"Really now?" Myriam asked and looked at Luke with her bright yellow eyes. "Well what matters I think is that you yourself like it. I think it's pretty neat that we were able to find it you know. I wonder how it even got there." she said with a smile. Her eyes focused on the contents of the box again and she continued rummaging through it until she started pulling out old cons of various designs, sizes, and colors. "Here's the money I was talking to you earlier. What do you-" she stopped as she looked at the gold coin in her hand. "Woah I didn't notice this before!" she whispered and looked at the angry face on the coin. "Medusa." she whispered and giggled. "That's so cool! Luke look!" she said and practically shoved it in his face.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Leila didn't know what she expected, maybe something gross, but it would have been interesting all the same. She held out the bottle of chocolate milk she had been drinking from, "Milk." It was close enough, despite being chocolate flavoured. With nearly half of her cookies gone, she started on the sandwiches, devouring them quickly. Despite how much she had already eaten, her stomach still growled at her. She giggled, sure everyone had heard it. Hopefully she had gotten enough food...

Luke had a small collection of old coins, but he didn't care all that much beyond looking them up in books. He didn't want to take any more of her collection. Even now he was trying to figure out what she might like from his, he wasn't attached to much of it, so it shouldn't be difficult to find something she'd like. While mentally going through his collection, he nearly missed what she was talking about, until a coin came dangerously close to his face. He squinted at it, "Medusa?" He murmured, repeating her lamely. She was correct, the angry face of Medusa looked back at him. That was curious, why was she on a coin? And how had it ended up anywhere near here.

As he took the coin from her his hand brushed hers, he blushed and mumbled an apology. "I wonder where this came from..." He began, trying to steer pass the awkwardness. "It seems to be gold, and irregular... perhaps pirate treasure?" He had a few coins that he suspected came from a treasure of some sort, crudely made but that didn't matter, the gold they were made of was what was important. "But how did it come to be here?" He ran his finger across the image of Medusa, a sort of scary sight to behold, actually. He was glad that Myriam didn't look like that.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-04-2016, 04:36 PM

Raphael looked at the bottle of chocolate milk held out for him, "Oh, thank-you Leila." he said. The bottle of milk left her hands and floated now as he drank some milk to drown the cookie he had now finished. "Much better!" he said happily and made himself visible again, revealing his pretty boy self to the small group. He heard Leila's stomach and laughed softly, she must have been extremely hungry. Hopefully she got enough food. If not he could always go and get more for her. "Do you have enough food?" he asked her. He remembered she said that shapeshifters needed to eat a ton of food.

Myriam turned to look at Leila upon hearing the girl's stomach and smiled. She noticed the pretty boy beside her, that was the invisible boy? Why did he hide? He was really pretty. Oh now, she was staring again! Quickly, she tore her gaze from the pair and looked back to Luke. "Yeah it's medusa. Really weird huh?" She asked and blinked. "Pirate treasure?" she repeated. "You think pirates attended this school before?" Myriam asked. Maybe this school wasn't even here at that time. Maybe pirates just liked to hide their treasure in random places and forgot to retrieve it.

"Maybe an old student was the child of a pirate? Or maybe a pirate just decided to hide it here and forgot about it?" Myriam suggested. No matter how she said it, it still didn't make sense. The coin looked really old, it was probably worth a lot now to the right person. Raphael listened to the conversation the two were having and didn't see why they were so interested in an old coin that wasn't worth anything at this point in time.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-05-2016, 01:59 AM

Leila opened the other bottle of milk and drank the entire thing in one go. "Yeah, I think so... thank you, though." She got to work on her second sandwich, enjoying it greatly. She still found it amazing as he turned visible, wishing she had his powers. "Must be nice to go invisible whenever... Far more useful than being a cat." She said with a small pout. It wasn't the worst power, at least she could do something, but who could blame her for wanting more? "Another cookie?" Once again she was stuffing her mouth with cookies, she held out a cookie towards Raphael, practically in his face.

Luke tried to think of why it might be here. Myriam's suggestions were all quite good, but there was no way to prove how it had gotten here. "I'll see if I can find anything at the library..." He turned the coin over in his hand, trying to remember every detail. He didn't want to take something so cool away from her, or be trusted to not lose it, since he often lost many things. "You can of course come with me." It would be rude not to invite her, though he didn't know if she would enjoy being in the library for hours on end, Leila sure didn't. He couldn't remember the last time she even picked up a book.

Glancing at Leila, he hid a smile. She seemed to be enjoying herself with her new friend, though he did think it a bit rude she was ignoring Myriam. It was Leila who had first dragged Myriam along anyways. Not that he minded so much anymore, it turned out Myriam liked some of the things he did, and was probably as weird as he was.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-06-2016, 04:11 AM

"Well it must be fun being able to turn into whatever you want to. Do you have a favorite animal you like to turn into?" Raphael asked as he looked at Leila. "Turning invisible is pretty fun I'll admit. It's a great way to avoid unwanted attention." he admitted. He blinked in surprise at the cookie being shoved in his face. "Oh...t-thank you." Raphael said softly and took the cookie that was offered to him. This was nice, why didn't he do this sooner? Where had he been all this time? Oh right, hiding by a tree in the woods.

Myriam took a bite of her food she had gotten for lunch as she listened to Luke. The library? Would he be able to find anything on the coin in there? Would there even be any books on old coins? It sounded like a silly book idea, a book about old coins. "Do you think you'll be able to find something?" Myriam asked after taking a small drink of her drink. When he invited her to go there with him, she smiled shyly and nodded. "That sounds like it can be fun. I can help you look if you want me to." she offered.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-06-2016, 12:39 PM

Leila thought about it, a favourite? Well she mostly turned into a cat, perhaps because it was the easiest, and she was able to stay as one the longest. Yet was that her favourite? "Well I often turn into a cat, but... being a bird is about the best ever, I can fly and be free..." She mumbled, losing herself in the thought for a moment. "Only I can't stay one very long at all." No matter how much she tried, she didn't seem to be able to fly more than a few minutes before it became a struggle to stay shifted. She couldn't risk turning back to human while in the sky, so she always landed, not willing to push it. At least as a cat she could last a few hours if need be, though she'd be quite hungry when she turned back. "How long can you stay invisible?" Did he have limits to his powers? She would be pretty upset if he could stay invisible as long as he pleased, considering she was already jealous enough.

Luke shrugged, "I should be able to. Our library at this school is huge, and has a lot of old books... on just about everything." He knew he at least seen a small section of books on pirates and treasures, as well as a large book about historical coins. Hopefully they would find something in it, so they could have some answers. "I'd appreciate it, I love reading, but some of these books are quite long, and it could take hours to go through them all myself..." He mumbled, already preparing himself to head off to the library and begin his search. It wasn't like he did much else, he was almost always in the library, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise for him to be there today as well.

"I have two classes today, perhaps we can meet there after the evening meal to get started?" That would give them a few hours before they had to return to their rooms for the night. He almost wished he didn't have class, but he wasn't like Leila, he wouldn't skip them. With a hopeful plan in mind, he attacked his lunch, quickly finishing off his sandwich. It was a weird feeling, anticipating doing something with someone. It wasn't something he did often.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-07-2016, 06:27 PM

Raphael smiled as he listened to Leila explain her powers to him. "I see, maybe with more practice you'll be able to stay as one longer?" he suggested. He knew that most students here hadn't mastered their powers yet, maybe Leila still hadn't mastered hers. When asked about how long he could stay invisible, Raphael sighed softly. "I can stay invisible pretty much all day if I choose to. However, the chances of ending up in a coma are greater the longer I stay invisible, and the chance is even greater when helping others go invisible." Raphael explained. "I love being invisible so I take the risk. I've only been in a coma at least once, and that was in my second or third year here." he informed.

Myriam had never really entered the library before so this was going to be quite interesting. "Oh I would be more than happy to help you out." she assured. She could look through a few books at once, it really would make finding an answer a lot easier for him. Myriam listened to him and nodded. "Alright Luke. I only have once class left for today but I'll meet you at the library after all that." she answered. Hopefully she could actually find the library though. It shouldn't be too hard to find right?

Precarious Fool

Old 06-07-2016, 07:14 PM

Leila frowned at his words. "A come?" She asked in concern, thinking back to how she had bothered him to turn her invisible. Had she known she was risking his health, she wouldn't have dared. She swatted him on the arm, trying her best to make an angry face, "You should have told me before going along with the prank." She muttered, she wasn't truly mad at him, mote just worried. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to have to worry about something like that, all that ever happened to her is she would turn back and be super hungry. Her body wouldn't allow her to push the limits much, when she was out of energy, that was it. And no matter what she did, she couldn't seem to eat enough, one time she had tried to force down ten energy and protein bars, but all those had done was made her sick and had her puking into a toilet for the rest of the day.

She picked at the chips on her plate, wishing she had gotten fries instead. Why shouldn't she eat all the junk she wanted to? It wasn't like she had to watch her weight, her body burned it off nearly quicker than she could ingest it. Over the years she had found many girls jealous of this fact, but they didn't know what it was like to be hungry so often, to rarely feel full despite eating twice as much as anyone else.

"That sounds good! I'll wait by the front desk so you can find me. It's a big place, easy enough to get lost in." Luke wasn't lying when he said that, it was huge, two floors and winding shelves of books. Not only that, it had different sections, one with old films and newspaper clipping, several quiet rooms to study in, and a large computer lab. Luke had explored every inch of the library, knew as much about it as the librarian herself. No one else had spent as much time in there, he was sure he had spent at least half of his time at the school there. Hell, he'd slept in there on more than one occasion, when he'd fallen asleep reading a book, slumped in one of the plush leather chairs.

He was sure they didn't have much time left in lunch so he continued to pick at his food, having forgotten to eat for a bit while he talked with Myriam.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-07-2016, 09:50 PM

Raphael nodded, "Yes a Coma." he said and smiled apologetically at her, hearing what she said. "I know..." he said and looked down at his empty tray. "I was going to tell you but.." he started and sighed. "You looked so happy. I didn't want to be the one to take that away from you." he answered truthfully. "Besides, I've only been in a coma once, it's like super rare for it to happen so you shouldn't worry." he said and smiled warmly. Raphael appreciated that she was worried, but how could he just say no to her? That would be so mean and he wasn't really a mean guy. He could be when he wanted to be but he didn't want to be mean to her. She was the only person in this school who actually seemed to enjoy spending time with him.

"Hey, if you're not busy after lunch, do you want to see something cool?" he asked her. He figured he could show her the petrified stone tree in the woods in the school. She had shown him her secret places so it was only fair that he showed her the one cool place he liked to visit at times.

By the front desk? Myriam blinked, hopefully that was something that would be easy to see. "The front desk." Myriam repeated to herself and nodded. "Okay, I'll be sure to look for that then. I'm sure it will be easy to spot...hopefully anyway." she said and let out a nervous laugh as she touched the tentacles on her head. "You see, I haven't entered the library before...ever." she admitted. I head about it, but I never knew where it was or what it looked like." she explained honestly. "Could you tell me what it looks like or where it's close to?" she asked. A brief description could probably help her locate it faster. "I don't want to keep you waiting so long." Myriam commented quietly.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-07-2016, 11:10 PM

So he wanted to be kind to her? That wasn't something she was used to and she smiled. "Well I'm glad I didn't put you in a coma. I don't think you'd be much fun like that..." She tried to hide her grin, turning away and focusing on the rest of the food on her tray. All that remained were a few more cookies, which she would put into her pockets for later.

"Busy?" She mumbled through a mouthful of cookie. She actually didn't have any more classes left today, she should work on her projects or homework, but she'd rather not. "I'd love to see something cool." She wondered perhaps if she already had seen it, considering how much she had seen of the campus and surrounding area. Not that she would say that to him and ruin the mood. "Another cookie?" His tray was empty, she wondered if he had gotten enough to eat. How many cookies did the average person, invisible or otherwise, eat? Probably not a dozen of them like she often did.

Luke was surprised to here she hadn't been in the library in the three years she'd been here. "Oh, well... let's see, do you know the old wing? Opposite the dorms. The hall opens into the library, you'll see some large columns, and then shelves and shelves of books. Just go to the right and you'll see a large half-circle desk, that is the front desk where the librarian usually is. Her name is Edna. I'll wait there for you." He was babbling, having a hard time giving directions to the library, since for him it was just automatic. He could get there from his room blindfolded if needed to. He hoped he'd never need to, though.

He thought he heard the bell ringing, but he wasn't sure. He didn't want to go to class for once, he would rather stay here a little while long, looking through Myriam's collection. Or even just talking to her, since he had yet to embarrass himself, which was a miracle in itself.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-12-2016, 05:35 AM

Raphael only smirked, "Yeah, I'm no fun when I'm out cold. I'm still pretty to look at though." he answered. He assumed he was pretty to look at anyway. He was called pretty boy after all and even she agreed that he was a pretty boy, so then it was probably true. He was happy to hear that she wanted to see something cool, he just hoped that she found the tree cool. "Well I hope you think it's cool anyway, when you see it." Raphael answered and happily took the cookie he was offered. "Thank-you Leila." he said before taking a bite out of the cookie happily. How many cookies did that make? Two? Probably three, he wasn't sure since no one really bothered to count how many cookies you ate.

Myriam listened to him while holding her empty food tray. From what he was saying, she was making mental images in her head to help guide her to the right place. "Okay." she said with a nod. "I think I know where to go now. You were very descriptive thank-you, so I don't think I'll have a hard time finding the library. I hope not anyway." she said with a nervous chuckle at the end. Myriam peered over towards the general lunch area and watched the various students walking away, it was then that she realized the bell had rung. "Oh! I think the bell rang!" she gasped and quickly stood up, dropping the empty food tray and picking up her box of stuff.

"I'll see you later Luke! I need to take this back to my room you see and then hopefully get to class on time. Bye!" she said and quickly ran off, bumping into a few students every now and then as she made her way to her room. "Well someone's in a hurry." Raphael noted, watching Myriam vanish among the other students. "I don't think she'll be late, that was only the first bell so she should be fine." he said with a smile. He picked up his empty tray and then picked up Myriam's which was slightly wet. "I'll take these back and then I'll return so that we can go." Raphael explained to Leila before going invisible and walking away.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-12-2016, 10:22 PM

Leila noticed Myriam leaving, and Raphael going soon after, yet she still had food on her tray. He said he'd be back, so she needed to finish her meal before he returned. As she chewed a bite of sandwich she watched the lunch trays float away, a smile on her face. Would she ever get over how cool it looked? Probably not. Perhaps one day she could show him her powers...

"Leila?" Luke's voice interrupted her thoughts and she turned towards him. His tray was empty and he was standing up. "I've got class, I'll see you at the evening meal, alright?" She nodded, not wanting to talk through a mouthful of food. It had been strange spending nearly an entire meal together without hardly saying a word to each other. She was pleased with his new friend, glad she had introduced them. If only she was fully over with what had happened with Myriam. Sure, she shouldn't be too bothered, but why didn't she like her pond and her faeries? And she didn't have to be so mean about it. It wasn't rational, and Luke would be annoyed with her, so she kept quiet.

While waiting for Raphael she finished off her food and set the tray on the grass. She would return it later, after he showed her his secret place.

Luke left his tray in the cafeteria and hurried to his next class, another math one. It would be easy, which was good because he was distracted by his thoughts, what books he wanted to look through, where they were located, everything. He had a few minutes to spare and hurried in and took his seat, only realizing then that he forgot his notebook.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-18-2016, 01:01 AM

Myriam entered her room and put the box back in it's spot before grabbing her things and running off to her science class. She walked inside and took her seat, not remembering if they had a project to do today. Sometimes they would do a sort of lab assignment. Myriam couldn't remember if they would be doing one today though. Well for now she shouldn't worry about it, all she had to do was sit and wait for the class to start.

Raphael put the lunch trays where they belonged and then started heading back to where he left Leila waiting. As he walked back, he wondered if she had already seen the tree. If she did then she obviously wouldn't be surprised. "If she did...she would have showed my by now wouldn't she?" Raphael asked himself and shook his head to clear it of silly thoughts. "Sorry to keep you waiting." he said to her, now making himself visible and seeing that Luke had left now too. He probably had a class. "Ready to go?" Raphael asked Leila.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-19-2016, 11:49 AM

After securing some paper and a pencil from a classmate, which was a feat in itself since Luke was not fond of talking to others, he was ready for his class. At least he looked it, rather he wanted the class to be over with so he could go to the library. The thought of finding out more about that coin had him far too excited. Or was it that Myriam was going to join him? He hadn't considered that until now, but he did suppose he was looking forward to seeing Myriam, despite having only done so a few moments ago. Sure, he had friends, but this seemed... different. It must be her interest in the same things, he reason with himself, trying to find a rational way to explain his thoughts.

Leila waited by herself, picking at the grass as she did so. Her plan with Luke and Myriam had worked out better than she had hoped. They were friends already, and not needing her to actually hang out. Too bad she hadn't figure out how similar they'd be two years ago, rather than in their last year here. It didn't matter though, she had to find Luke friends, and maybe... something more, anything so when she ran off after she was out of this place, he wouldn't be alone, sitting in front of books by himself everyday. Of course there was no guarantee that any of these friendships would last outside of school, she knew hers wouldn't. She was popular enough, had many friends, but few of them were good ones who she could confide in, or hope to keep in her life when they weren't stuck in the same building together.

A voice interrupted her thoughts and she turned in time to see Raphael become visible again. "No trouble, I like being outside." She smiled and stood up, ready to see whatever he was going to show her. Despite her habit of wandering, she didn't know of too much in the woods. She spent most of her time at the pond with the faeries. Would Raphael like them? She continued to ask herself that, but she realized she was afraid to show him, not wanting him to react like Myriam had.

"Lead the way." Leila said with a grin and motioned towards the forest that surrounded the school.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 06-20-2016, 10:06 PM

Raphael smiled and nodded, "Follow me." he said and started walking off towards the forest surrounding the school. So she liked being outside? Well he could have guessed that from being up on the roof with her. "If you like being outside then you'll probably like what I'm going to show you." he hinted. Raphael would occasionally glance back to make sure she was following him still. They passed many trees, some with birds nests on them, some looked older than others but they were all lovely in their own ways. Raphael liked being outside as well, although he didn't mind being inside especially if it was raining. Normally on a rainy day, Raphael liked to haunt the school by sneaking into the music room and playing while invisible. He had scared plenty of people doing that and wondered if he'd be able to scare Leila that way. Did he want to? Yes and no. Although he didn't think he could scare her, she already knew he could turn invisible so she'd automatically guess it was him and not some ghost.

The two continued walking deeper into the forest, he was still when a butterfly landed on his nose. When it flew away later, he continued to walk and approached a large lake then made a sharp right turn and walked a little further before stopping right in front of a really tall stone tree. "This is is. This is where I usually hide." he said and looked up at the large tree before resting a hand on it's cool surface. "I don't know what a stone tree is doing here but it's so cool don't you think?" he said and looked at Leila.

Precarious Fool

Old 06-23-2016, 11:53 AM

Leila was excited, she had made a friend, who could do something so completely interesting, and he was going to show her something special. At this point it didn't even matter what it was, just that he was sharing with her. All but skipping, she followed him, staying close as she wandered through the woods with him. Occasionally she'd be distracted by the things around them, a noise off to the side, a bird taking flight, and more than once she walked right into him. A mumbled sorry was all she offered as they continued. When a butterfly landed on his nose she stayed as still as he did, watching it closely. She wished she could become a butterfly, but she could never quite get it down. Bugs were too hard, some shifters could so it, but most couldn't be anything but mammals.

She continued to follow without question, wondering if she had been in this part of the woods. Pausing at the lake she looked at the surface, wondering if faeries also visited this one. She didn't see any signs of it, but she was sure there were more places than just hers. She had been distracted by the lake and fell behind, when she caught up she gasped and looked up, surprised by the tree made of stone. It looked like any other tree surrounding them... yet it was stone. Had it been turned to stone? Moving close she touched the surface, grinning at Raphael. "This is so cool..." She muttered, looking up at it, wondering how easy it'd be to climb it. One branch was low enough that she jumped and grabbed onto it, pulling herself up. "Come on." Would he be willing to climb with her? She held her hand out to help pull him up if he needed it.