ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 04-07-2012, 05:24 PM

I couldn't think of a very witty title this time.. :P

But yay Easter! Chocolates! Eggs! Ahh! All that's missing is a Doctor Who special.. *sigh* Oh well, at least we have this thread! :)

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 04-07-2012, 05:32 PM

Hurrah!

I bring this years Doctor Who Easter egg for everyone to share. If you like eating pixels.

TutsTalkin..
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-07-2012, 05:34 PM

it's all good at easter plenty of good eats and nice treats whether you prefer chocolate or not...mmmm

ljosberinn

Old 04-07-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMagenta View Post
Hurrah!

I bring this years Doctor Who Easter egg for everyone to share. If you like eating pixels.
Haha, niiiiice! I just eat easter eggs from home (Iceland), because no other eggs come even close in comparison! Though my co-worker did give everyone Cadbury's eggs too.. :P
I like the Cyberman mug!

The_Crow
Mime From Hell
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to The_Crow Send a message via MSN to The_Crow Send a message via Yahoo to The_Crow

Old 04-07-2012, 07:39 PM

@Kat- Nice! I doubt we'd be able to have those on this side of the pond. Customs and whatnot would make them double the price, plus the timing for them to go through customs... Getting whovian merchendice over here is such a pain!

Repo
Fire and Blood

Old 04-07-2012, 07:58 PM

Its sad that I get references to the show when I have yet to actually see it myself... Oh my friends. x3

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-07-2012, 08:19 PM

I see your egg in a Cyberman mug and raise you an egg with a TARDIS puzzle and an inexplicable Judoon picture.

And yeah, it sucks how little Doctor Who merch we get over here. But at least the amount has been increasing over the past few years as Doctor Who's popularity grows here. But yeah, if I ever visit England I'm going to bring an empty suitcase and just fill it with all the silly Doctor Who things I can find. Dalek bubble bath? Check. Pen that makes TARDIS noises? Check. Doctor Who cereal? Check.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 04-07-2012 at 08:21 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 PM

I have a Dalek mug from Easter egg last year (or the year before) but it's teeny and I require large volumes of caffeinated beverages to function.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-07-2012, 09:40 PM

Give it to meeeeee. :drool:

It could make a good pencil cup, perhaps? Or you could drink something else from it. I drink milk from mugs because mugs tend to have cooler designs than regular cups and I like the handles. :lol:

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 04-07-2012, 10:02 PM

Good ideas. I'll have to see exactly how big it is when I'm back in my flat.

If the cost of postage didn't cost multiple times more than the items themselves it would be easier for everyone to have nice Who things.

ljosberinn

Old 04-07-2012, 11:18 PM

The only Who merchandise I have are the Cyberman keychain (picture has already been posted in the regular thread) and some Tennant-era stickers, which I also posted in the regular thread aaaaages ago. I can't remember having anything else... well apart from the Tennant-era box sets! Which are being kept by my little brother for now. And as I'll be moving countries soon, I need to hold back from buying any more till I'm settled. As soon as I have though, I need to get my box sets back!

Lynn StarDragon
The Happy Dragon

Old 04-08-2012, 12:24 AM

The only Who merchandise I have, isn't even for me.

Last Christmas Eve, I finally found something to give to a fellow Whovian: a medium sized, red, talking, plush, Dalek.

I knew I wouldn't get it in time for Christmas, I knew I probably wouldn't get it before the end of the year, but I thought I would get it in the middle of January. I wasn't expecting to see my friend before then, so it would all work out.

It's April. I still don't have it. You want to know why?

The online store, on the product page, put no information about the manufacturer having pushed back the release date of the toy from last September (what the site has up as the release date) to this month.

Paypal says I've already paid for it. I have to close down my checking account this month, because the bank (I'm leaving) is going to start charging me just for the 'pleasure' of having an account with them, starting next month. And as I have no job at the moment. . .

Yes. I'm not a happy fan.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 AM

Yikes, what a pain! However, it sounds worth it. How much was it? I totally want a talking dalek plush once they're released!

I've only got one piece of Who merchandise, but it's 10's sonic screwdriver, so I'm pretty happy with it. I'd love a shirt, though.

Lynn StarDragon
The Happy Dragon

Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 AM

Sonic Screwdriver would be win. . .

With the International shipping, it rounds up to an even 30 US dollars. When you aren't working/getting any steady income, that's nothing to sneeze at.

My friend has no idea I'm getting it for her. And she might be fine if I cancel my order, and demand a refund, but I'm just stubborn. >/ Their site was not clear. It showed me that I would be pre-ordering the toy, but it did not show the new date, it showed the September release date. And they never changed the page to reflect the updated information. I even went back to look around the end of March, to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

So, somehow, someway, I'm getting that toy.

And then I am never ordering from that site again. Not even if I want to ship something directly to my friend in the UK. . . . Who is also a fellow Whovian, but that's besides the point, she lives in the land of Who.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 04-08-2012, 12:41 PM

I've seen small Dalek and TARDIS talking plush key rings/toys in Forbidden Planet but I can't remember exactly when they appeared.

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-08-2012, 12:51 PM

I don't have any merchandise yet. :( I sooo want to find some. It's bad though when you walk into a toy store to find an action figure for your son, only for you to walk out with a grin on your face cuz you found a deep space nine jadzia figurine that you've been looking for for a few years(not online) that would fit in with your Sisko and Worf.

I Should look there for Doctor Who stuff... they had a whole bunch of DS9 stuff... plus orginal 80's toys. It was awesome. (Which was why I went there for my son, all the action figurines nowadays seems so small compared to what I used to play with growing up.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-08-2012, 12:58 PM

*leaves a chocolate tardis*

x-cutie-x-pie-x
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-08-2012, 06:23 PM

Mmm, a planet made of chocolate... Now that sounds yummy. *chews on everything*

Lynn StarDragon
The Happy Dragon

Old 04-08-2012, 09:30 PM

@ MacSen191: Sounds like a wonderful place to shop. I know they've started to make Doctor Who toys and figures, so you might get lucky.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 AM

Hoppin though

spicedroses
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 04-09-2012, 12:54 AM

Running around in this planet of chocolate, I would have to be a vegetarian and eat all the trees and grass, sound like such a delicious place to be.

Lynn StarDragon
The Happy Dragon

Old 04-09-2012, 01:41 AM

xD Sounds like my kind of vegetarian diet.

Felicia Darkstalker
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 PM

dr.who and the planet of pancake bunnies.....

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 04-09-2012, 05:45 PM

The Pancake Bunnies might be at war with the Golden Syrup Chicks on chocolate planet. :O

Felicia Darkstalker
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-09-2012, 05:48 PM

yes and the chocobunny alliance is having a bad break out of zombification, so its spreading through the war zone!
zombie pancake buns, syrup chicks and choco bunnies!quick we must eat them all with tea and coffee!