(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 AM

lol more like busy host.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 11-07-2011, 03:53 AM

Busy host just realized she hasn't taken any time yet to work on her build a yan or cessy costume for the other hosts contests. Curse my busy schedule this week! ;_; I still haven't found a place to get needlepoint material to do my yan face. D: Not that I ever expect to find anything in New York. The place is so stupid big and packed with stuff...I'm surprised when people know where they are! xD

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 03:57 AM

I still don't quite understand what a yan is lol

I'd hate new york. I hate packed areas of cali as it is.. and new york is so much worse. I like my space... and my quiet.. I'd like to move to Irvine though. Shaun wants to move there too. to a place nearby UCI. Its like perfect in that area. quiet enough and exciting enough at the same time.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 AM

Scott and I have decided on Oregon. While that will probably change at some point, I do like the idea at the present moment. xD

How to explain a yan...yanyan13 is a developer/assistant admin on the site with a fondness for boobs and an equal fondness for annoying another assistant admin. Almost a brother/sister relationship. And well, when he feels like it he draws silly things, afro donkey being one of them, and his little "yan" baby. I'm not really sure what else to say about it other than it amuses me greatly. But I like the idea of a crudely drawn baby on my avi. Specially if my dealings in NY come to fruitation. ;)

I don't like NY either though. It's just too much for me. It's already 11pm here and I can still see people on the streets from the window, cabs are still honking like no one exists but them and...it's just brutal. I don't understand why anyone would want to live here in the first place. ^^;;

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 AM

I wouldn't like oregon. I used to want to go there and then I met andrew's ex gf and her whole oregon family and I said forget it! never. plus I like the rain but it rains too much there for me. I like that rain doesn't happen ALL the time here. It makes it special for me when it does. The only exception I'll make for oregon, will be if its coastline oregon next to a smooth stoney area. i hear orcas go and rub their bellies on the smooth stones. Really though, I'm pretty stuck in cali. its like a major center for art. same with new york but yeah.. that will NEVER happen. horns honking at night... I don't think I could drown those out... although I can drown out 2 saxophones playing at once now! matthew picked up sax last year :)

Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Xyelle View Post
lol, well I could remove you from my facebook friends list and then you won't have this issue. :P But I kinda like having you there. xD
I kind of dig it too... I'd appreciate if you left me there :P

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 04:17 AM

Noted Jazzy ;)

Cassie- They have the air conditioner on all year to drown out the sound. It's just too much for me. xD
I like that Oregon has 4 seasons, they have changing leaves, warm summers and cool winters. It's not nearly as drastic as NC or Kodiak which I like, and the summers aren't as bad as Ca. I dunno, after living with 4 seasons, I kinda don't want to lose them. ^^;; I think it would be a great place to settle down when all is said and done with the Coast Guard.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 04:26 AM

I guess changing leaves would be pretty but oregon's just not a place for me. It's definitely a science place though. mostly I can't stand the people.. at least from where valerie's family was from it was like mini hickville with the sort of religious activists I can't stand... Idk they just ruined it for me.. but I did used to want to live there at some point. right after I graduated honestly. but that never happened.

Cali's summers aren't bad for me. But i've always had AC... I can't imagine not having AC and that's actually one of the demands I made for shaun. We have to earn a decent enough income between the both of us that we can afford to run ac and heat as needed in our home and in the cars. lol. I'm also still really sensitive to cold so cities like chicago and new york and boston for graphic design are out of the question even when I'm on higher synthroid doses :( so its a plus to be in warmer places. for a while i was thinking maybe arizona or colorado.. but being that I'm mexican, arizona's been eliminated as being an option :( I wouldn't even go there on a vacation to sedona with elizabeth.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 AM

I totally suck, because you never struck me as Mexican. xD I don't know how I got the impression but I always kinda assumed you were like Guatemalan. :P Like Cynthia never struck me as Mexican either, but she's only half. I think the other half is Porto Rican. xD I'm so bad with nationalities. /fail. This is why I could never be a racist. :P

I try not to judge a place by one bad encounter. Otherwise i would have written off Texas, but I recently (okay like 3 years ago) met some super awesome texans and I'm glad they were in my life. They kinda taught me to just embrace who I am and not even bother to put on a show for others. Where as other Texans I've met...well they;re just asses to put it bluntly. Not that I would ever live in Texas by choice. There seems to be an overwhelming number of conservatives there, and I am by far not a conservative. But I'm just saying, even if we got stationed there I'm sure I could find people worth befriending. (:

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 04:49 AM

I'm half spanish and half mexican. as light as I am though , I still get crap for being mexican even with random strangers that I'm not really next to or interacting with... and poor matthew is dark.. he was doing yard work outside and one of our neighbors started to harass him. it was like instant fury mode for me. I don't know why it gets to me so much but it does and with all the immigration stuff going on in arizona I feel its just wise to stay away. LOL its like i'm not mexican enough for some mexicans and not white enough for "white" people /sigh. I like Wisconsin... steve used to always send me pictures. it looks so beautiful there! but i really can't handle snow :( So i'm like trapped... texas also is too conservative for me :( I think that leaves me out of warm states..

did you ever have Mr. Admunsen? he was from Oregon. Actually he was pretty cool to talk to most of the time.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 04:57 AM

Nope, never had him.
The immigration stuff in AZ really has me ticked off too. And I'm about as white as they come. xD I still have a really hard time understanding people. It's like middle school/elementary school. Why are people in general so mean to each other when we're really not that different at all. I swear, we should all be born blind and get sight as we get older. It will keep a lot of the stupidity at bay.

Maybe I should have an interesting ethnic food category for Christmas too? There are so many winter holidays that coincide with Christmas...it would be pretty awesome. And maybe get recipes posted too. >.> I want to introduce my kids to so many things...lol.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 05:02 AM

ethnic food wise the only thing my family does differently for christmas is we make tamales and we don't have a christmas turkey or ham. those are both made for thanksgiving.

tamales aren't that pretty really though.. :/

I dont understand it either. And to be honest, my first race encounter was really jarring ity was like "Whoah... that matters? Why?" I didn't get it. and i think the more history and art classes I've taken, the less I've understood why people are the way the are... like cali used to be mexico.. so.. when did ALL mexicans become an other or an immigrant? Or religion wise some lady in my art history class flipped out at the idea that christianity came to rome because constantine said so... and I just sit back and trying to make sense of why things infuriate people so much.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 AM

People can be very strange. xD It's like they appreciate what other races have given to them, but they refuse to acknowledge them more than that.

I want to learn to make tamales. They're so tasty...and there aren't any in Kodiak! D: lol

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-07-2011, 05:16 AM

I have a question!
I made a cute owl cupcake with my friends (we each made our own), and I would love to enter it. It was so cute!
However, I can't get a picture of it's location, again, and I made it before the event was born, so there's a lack of a username with the cupcake. I did get a picture of it with my initials (JR for Janelle Remphrey) made out of Reese's Pieces. Would that be acceptable? I'm not sure how else to authenticate that I made it. >.>

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 05:20 AM

I'll allow it. (:

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-07-2011, 05:20 AM

Username: BellyButton
Category: Bento
Image:

Brief explanation:
It's a sugar skull inspired bento. Rice for a skull, Pea teeth, carrot "marigolds" and olive slices to decorate the eyes, grapes rolling around in the eye sockets and nose-hole, spooky swirls of turkey and lettuce on one side and cheese jack-lanterns on the other. ;D

This was fun!

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 11-07-2011, 05:21 AM

Aww cute belly! 8D

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 AM

That is cute, BellyButton...and it sounds really good all together, too. Haha.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 11-07-2011, 05:27 AM

Cuute!! And delicious looking. :drool: I really like the cheese jack-o-lanterns. > w<

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-07-2011, 05:30 AM

Username: neller
Category: Sweet
Image:
Owl Cuppicake
Brief explanation:
My friends and I decorated little cupcakes to look like owls. :) We used Reese's Pieces for the beak (placed side ways in the icing) and tried to split oreos in half so that the icing in the middle didn't break. Then we placed the oreos with the white icing facing up on the cupcake and added Reese Piece for pupils. We forgot to give our owl's their little feathery horns, though. Hehe. But I think they turned out absolutely adorable.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-07-2011, 05:33 AM

Alright this is my first entry

Form:
Username: Nephila
Category: Sweet
Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...IMG_2347-1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...IMG_2346-1.jpg
Brief explanation: This is Menewsha's angelic ghost treat. The cake itself is Princess cake. It has a Marzipan base then two angel cake layers (to match the angel ghost) with strawberries in the center. My bf and I had fun making this together. I can't wait to nom on it.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 11-07-2011, 05:33 AM

Some yummy looking entries! :drool:

Baah it's too late for me to be hungry~

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 11-07-2011, 05:34 AM

I'm starving. >.> Though I shouldn't be. I ate enough today. Haha.

TheEmpressofEvil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 AM

Oooo owl is so cute!

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 11-07-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Xyelle View Post
Scott and I have decided on Oregon. While that will probably change at some point, I do like the idea at the present moment. xD

How to explain a yan...yanyan13 is a developer/assistant admin on the site with a fondness for boobs and an equal fondness for annoying another assistant admin. Almost a brother/sister relationship. And well, when he feels like it he draws silly things, afro donkey being one of them, and his little "yan" baby. I'm not really sure what else to say about it other than it amuses me greatly. But I like the idea of a crudely drawn baby on my avi. Specially if my dealings in NY come to fruitation. ;)

I don't like NY either though. It's just too much for me. It's already 11pm here and I can still see people on the streets from the window, cabs are still honking like no one exists but them and...it's just brutal. I don't understand why anyone would want to live here in the first place. ^^;;
OMG NEEDED INFORMATION I DIDN"T KNOW.

i'm a detective in the conspiracy theory thread. may i quote you and post this there . :D