Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 01:07 AM

Arthur narrowed his eyes at Francis; whether it was because of the dear or from being served is unknown, even to him. He stared at the plate for a moment before picking up a scone and taking a bite out of it. It was delicious, but he wasn't going to admit to that. Even tasting this one he felt his were still just fine. "It's alright I suppose." he eventually muttered. That was as close to a compliment as he was going to get.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 02:15 AM

Francis frowned. After all that work, he just got 'alright'? He should get some kind of undying love proclamation, but he supposed that would be asking too much. That's what he needed to hear though and found himself crestfallen for a second. "Next time they will definitely be more than alright. I'm sure I can make you smile with my food if I keep trying," he said finally.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 02:52 PM

"You do that then." Arthur stated. He finished eating and drinking his tea and stood, putting his dishes in the sink to be washed later. He glanced at the clock and figured that it was probably still just a bit early to go speak to his brothers. He wasn't sure what time they awoke, though it probably wasn't as early as he did. He figured around lunchtime would be good. At least one of them should be awake by then to be able to help him with this problem.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 05:00 PM

Francis did smile a little. Whether Arthur noticed it or not, he just left Francis the option to cook for him again and again. He wanted Francis to make him smile. After mimicking Arthur and putting his dishes in the sink, he wasn't quite sure what to do. He noticed the other look at the clock. Why? Did he not what to be here? "Do you have plans for today?" Francis asked after a second of hesitation.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 05:07 PM

"Yes, I do in fact. I need to speak to my brothers. But not until later." Arthur said. "Other than that, since I don't have to be at work today, I have nothing to do." He would normally spend that free time reading or just relaxing around the house. Or maybe go have a drink if he's had a bad day the day before. His daily routine was basically the same though.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 05:23 PM

"What is your work?" Francis asked with a tilt of his head. "I can spend the day with you then?" His face broke out in a smile. Although he didn't know what they would do, he felt happy to just be near Arthur. At least he could have that much. "Oh, what shall we do together? I'm sure there must be something wonderful here!"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 05:34 PM

"I work as a secretary for a big-shot business man." Arthur said. Which translated into being the man's personal slave basically. He really hated the man, but it was a good paying job, so he couldn't just quit. Even if he wanted to. The man had tried to get him to work off the clock or on his days off without being paid, but he made it very clear from the beginning that it wasn't going to happen. So the man made him to more work while he was there. "Do what you want. I intended to spend the day reading." he added in response to the next question.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 05:49 PM

Francis could tell from his tone that Arthur didn't like his job. He might have to investigate that himself at another time because of course he wanted Arthur to be happy. When he mentioned reading, Francis had to pause. That didn't sound like a very interactive activity. He wasn't ready to leave the other man's side though. "Can I sit with you then?"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 06:00 PM

"Do what you want." Arthur told him, already knowing Francis would probably do that anyway. He went into the lounge and took a seat in his chair. He picked up the book he had sitting on the table next to it and opened it up to the page he was on. He began reading, a small smile forming on his face.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 06:21 PM

Francis followed him and sat down at first at an appropriate distance from Arthur, then closer so he could read over his shoulder. He still needed to learn so many things about this man that he loved despite that. It was strange really, but Francis decided not to worry over it and just accept things. "Why did you create me anyway?" he whispered after they'd been sitting in silence for some time.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 06:41 PM

Arthur briefly glanced at Francis when he moved closer to him, but didn't say anything to him. He just focused on his book. He was re-reading Harry Potter. He knew magic didn't work the way it did in the book, but he still enjoyed it. It always managed to cheer him up whenever he had a bad day. He looked at the Frenchman when he heard him whisper. "Why? Well.. You see... Its just..." he stuttered on his words, not knowing how to word it. "... I'm tired of being alone.." he eventually whispered, his voice hard to hear.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 07:13 PM

Francis frowned before he wrapped his arms loosely around Arthur's waist. "Why? I've only known you one day and you're so wonderful. Why are you alone?" He couldn't even fathom it. Even if Arthur burnt scones and read silly novels, he still loved him. Francis pouted, laying his chin on the other man's shoulder. "Aren't I good enough then?"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 07:41 PM

Arthur stiffened when Francis wrapped his arms around him. "I'm alone because people don't like me. That's all there is to it." he said. "You wouldn't like me either if it wasn't for the spell that created you. If I took away that part of it, you would leave to. Everybody always leaves me." He shoved at the Frenchman to get him some space.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM

Francis felt his heart squeeze at the jab. A part of him believed Arthur, but he hated it. He hated to think that he might not love Arthur without the spell. His love was one of the only sure things he knew right now and what would he have without it? Not wanting to move away, he only tightened his hug. "I like you and I wouldn't leave you. Mon ami, it's quite against my nature. Does...does it really matter why I feel for you? Isn't it good enough that I do...?" He asked the question as much to get assurances for himself as for Arthur.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 07:54 PM

"But it isn't real love. And being with someone who's love isn't real in the long run will hurt a lot. I shouldn't have even cast that spell." Arthur said. He had wanted to have real love in his life. But it only occurred to him now that by summoning someone to love him, that it wouldn't be real. That wasn't what he had wanted. He was just so tired of being alone in his life. He didn't have any friends, he barely spoke with his brothers, and relationships never lasted past a month. He wanted something real that would last.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 08:03 PM

Francis deflated and finally pulled his arms away. "But then, why does my love feel so real...?" he asked before he stood and dragged a hand through his hair. That was the real question. If it wasn't real love, then why did it hurt when Arthur told him these things. He honestly didn't know how to fight his logic though. "I think I'm going to for a walk."

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 09:19 PM

"You'll have to put proper clothes on first. We're about the same size, so mine should fit for the most part." Arthur told him. He stood and led Francis to his own room and pulled out some clothes that looked like they would fit the Frenchman. He handed the pile of clothes over to the other and left the room. He knew what he had said could be called mean. But it was instinct to push others away, despite having cast the spell that brought Francis to him. He just didn't want to be hurt again.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 09:37 PM

Francis had been planning to change, more or less. He might possibly have given up if he didn't think he should sneak into Arthur's room to look for some. This worked too. He hung in the doorway, watching silently as Arthur found him some clothes. He took them with a simple, 'thank you,' before putting them on. They did fit well enough and he headed out into the late afternoon sunshine with no real direction of where to go.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 09:49 PM

Arthur watched Francis go in silence. He went back to his book, but was unable to focus on reading. His mind was stuck on Francis and what he had said. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind. He stood again and went into the kitchen, intending to make some tea. That always helped. While the water was boiling, he absently picked up a leftover scone. He ate it as he made the tea. Though he wouldn't admit it out loud, it was pretty good.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2015, 10:56 PM

Compared to the inside of the house, the outside struck him with it's light and noise. A part of him love it and another part did not. He enjoyed what green he saw and the people walking around. Before long though, he decided he preferred gentler, quieter places. Francis wandered around for hours, talking to people and getting to know the area. He lost track of time like that, forgetting even the approach of lunch. He didn't think he avoided the house, but maybe he was and just refused to accept that. Being out here made him feel less twisted up inside though.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-27-2015, 11:11 PM

Arthur felt himself getting hungry about noon. He noted his tea had gone cold and he was still sitting on the same page of the book. He hadn't even noticed time going past. He stood and stretched before heading to the kitchen, noticing that Francis wasn't back yet. Probably got lost, he figured. He refused to let himself feel worried about him. It wasn't like his house was hard to find. Upon reaching the kitchen, he set about making himself a sandwich. While he ate, he called each of his brothers but got no answer. He left a message for one of them at least to call back and hung up, glaring at his phone. 'Of course they didn't answer. Why would they want to talk to me?' he thought.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-28-2015, 12:41 AM

Alistair had been watching a sports game on tv and though he did notice that he received a call, he deemed it unimportant at the time. when the game paused not long after noon, he checked his phone. Arthur eh? He could hardly leave his little brother hanging, especially if he was in need of help. "Artie! Why the sudden urge to call?" he asked as he shoveled a peanut into his mouth.

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-28-2015, 01:05 AM

Arthur had returned to his book by the time his phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and checked who was calling. He was surprised to see Alistair's name. He answered it immediately. "Alistair. Hi. I was not expecting you to call back... Um.. Do you remember the spell that is used to summon one's perfect match?" he asked.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-28-2015, 01:35 AM

Of course he could call back, eventually! Alistair would have huffed if he not for the rest of what Arthur said. He choked on his peanut as he shot up in his chair. "Excuse me? The love spell?!" He finished choking with a fist to his chest. After a pause, Arthur didn't taken it back and Alistair blinked in confusion. "You didn't actually use it did you?!"

Vampyre Ninja
\(^w^)/

Old 05-28-2015, 01:44 AM

Arthur hesitated for a second. "Maybe...." he eventually said. "I think something went wrong with it." His mind went to Francis, who still hadn't returned from his walk though its been hours. He really should go look for him once this call was over. Or just let him wander around and might not find his way back. He wasn't sure which one he'd prefer.