WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-02-2014, 12:08 PM

The other one was really old and full of old gross art so here is a new one.
To get us started:

Please feel free to point out anything I can improve on, and feel free to give me any tips!
At the moment I am trying to get a more consistent art style I can start a webcomic with, so a lot of my art is probably going to look different

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 02-02-2014, 12:12 PM

Miles's expressions are killing me.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-02-2014, 12:19 PM

ooh have I found another Ace Attorney fan

I sometimes feel like filling out a expression meme with his face honestly. It's beautiful.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-02-2014, 12:25 PM

Long time fan since the first game was released, but I don't talk about it often.

You totally should! He's perfect for that. Though Phoenix is usually the one showing these exaggerated expressions, having Miles who usually try to maintain some kind of modest expression makes it more hilarious.

I wonder if I should open an art thread too, but everything I'd potentially post are dubious. (≖‿≖)

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-02-2014, 12:28 PM

I only got into it a month or two before Dual Destinies came out I'd seen posts of it around Tumblr though, (linked with Professor Layton posts obviously)
Had to get the first few games on IOS, because it's really hard to find less popular games where I am, especially old games. I did find Apollo Justice the other day though. It was preowned. I haven't played that game yet but I know what happens OTL.

But the expression's Miles does make are the best
Phoenix does have this really great face though, he looks really annoyed but it's only shown once in all the games

*U* *pets Iro's arts*

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-02-2014, 12:35 PM

I've not played Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney. Curse region-locked games and consoles! The same for Dual Destinies too. The English version is only available for the European version and the 3DS my friend has (which I sometimes borrow) is set for NA version games. I've another friend with JP because she plays a lot of those Japanese dating games, but playing Ace Attorney anything in Japanese is very difficult, especially if you keep missing language and cultural puns for clues.

I recommend getting a NDS emulator and playing the first four games on them if you don't have a NDS.
I've played them so often I think I have most of the content memorised, but they still manage to get me to utter a "why" occasionally. xD
And then my DS broke.

I think some of Phoenix's most glorious expressions are in the second game, Justice For All, mostly because of Franziska really.

Iro is lazy. *putters around*

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-02-2014, 12:38 PM

advice:
post more arts!
i love the panda one so much!
i was waiting to post, thought there was more coming

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-02-2014, 12:39 PM

@IRO: Ah yes that's a real bummer isn't it. PL vs AA is coming out soon though in non-Japan places, so that's exciting

IOS version was alright
I had emulated versions downloaded for Apollo Justice and AAI, but it looks like I won't be needing the AA:AJ file huh

Franziska is the queen. I wish there was more of her OTL
I do like what I've seen of Hobo!Phoenix though. He is really scary when you're not playing as him
In Dual Destinies he actually seems serious and mature
My favourite Phoenix over all though is Feenie

Bad Iro! D:<

@Hummy:

That seems like reasonable advice Hummy! I will post more as I draw more. They're the ones I've drawn in the past month

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-02-2014, 12:45 PM

Hello, hummy!

I frequently update my art tumblr, more often than dA anyway. I feel uncomfortable posting on dA these days. Although my art tumblr may sometimes have questionable things.

I'm really excited for the releases! I forgot to mention my other problem about games for purchase digitally, because of my country I can't do that, since it's blocked from making purchases. The downfalls of living in a country known for mass acts of piracy.

I was sad when Franziska was missing for the first parts of T&T, and then boom! She appeared to save the day!
(Sort of, as much as Franziska is able to. That was a very memorable court session. )

If you need any assistance finding the files (*coughIhavethemcough*), let me know! Phoenix matured a lot after Trials and Tribulations, I think. The mess he went through after that up to Apollo Justice wouldn't have been pleasant for him at all, especially when having a friendship with Kristoph. It's always been shown he had an inclination for cunning and critical thinking, but it does feel different when you're playing as him and is able to see all those goofy thoughts and sarcasm, yeah? I think it was faking friendship with Kristoph that made Hobo!Phoenix the way he was, because it may be that type that attracts Kristoph and that is what he played up. /looking too much into things

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-02-2014, 12:50 PM

hiya, Iro
why feel uncomfortable on your DA account?

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-02-2014, 12:52 PM

It's most because of dA's protection and legal issues. It's a long story.

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-02-2014, 12:57 PM

I post more on Tumblr too, though I barely have any decent art to post
Mostly just really dumb things.

Oh no!
I'm pretty sure AA vs PL is hard copy this time round
I would have like a hard copy for AA:DD though
I have the art book for AA vs PL and it looks amazing

That was what was great about T&T 8D
And when Edgeworth showed up too /cry
The second game killed me man like, I felt for the people who played it and didn't have more games showing that Edgeworth was in fact alive and well.

Pfft
Yeah poor Phoenix has gone through a lot 8'D
Like, pretty much all of them have. Capcom writes a killer backstory.

Phoenix has a really cute laugh sprite in DD though and it just makes me cry its so adorable.
It's a real change when you go back to reading his inner thoughts
That is true, I guess he doesn't really like to be like that unless he has to. He's all about seeing the good in people.
He still keeps his trolling Apollo thing up though

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-02-2014, 12:57 PM

oh, i see.
i saw someone talking about if you post it on that site
*not diviant art i don't think*
they 'own' your art?
what kind of is that?

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 AM

Here's some more \o/

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-05-2014, 12:01 PM

I want to reply, but it's been three days and my brain is giving me a pffft at the moment.

Aanyway, I've not seen Dual Destinies's sprites yet, I must check Court Records to see if they have them so I can take a peek.
I don't know whether to laugh at the trolling or smack Phoenix for it most of the time. The problem is that Apollo is just very easy to troll, though. He reacts to them too well.

I was actually surprised Phoenix didn't punch Miles outright when he appeared again alive and well in the second game. Phoenix was beating himself up over it for the entirety of the game and later it was just, "noooo why".

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-05-2014, 01:02 PM

Not good enough Iro

They're so good.
*Swoons at Edgeworth*
He is. He totally lines himself up for it how can Phoenix not take advantage of it. Especially after everyone usually picks on him

Yeah I know right.
I was actually waiting for Phoenix to use the whip to whip Edgeworth at the end. I was very disappointed when he just gave it to him like, are you kidding Phoenix. You missed a great opportunity.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-05-2014, 01:06 PM

What do I do.

I'm going to assume he's as gullible as ever in DD even after all that time with Phoenix, and he'd know better than to take the bait by now.

Oh, hohoh, Whip.
I suppose on the other hand, I was rather proud of Phoenix's restraint in not going physical on Miles. As lawyers, words may be the best way to get through to them anyhow. :)

*rolls around at Phoenix and Miles*

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 PM

Lick my shoes

Because there's so many characters, there's not as much one on one interaction between the two, however Phoenix is still very much awful to him

Maybe Phoenix got to that a bit later
It would have been funny and satisfying though

*hugs my babus*

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-06-2014, 02:32 PM

Are they chocolate? :V

Oh, man. Though the day Phoenix is nice to him, something awful like the end of the world may happen.

Maaaaaaybe
That's what fanfics are for. Hoohaa!

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 PM

I dunno, you'll find out when you lick them.

And we don't that.

*throws confetti*

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-08-2014, 03:23 AM

No regrets

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator

Old 02-08-2014, 09:34 AM

What even is going on with the last one?!?

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-08-2014, 11:01 AM

I was looking for reference on google, and google refused to give me the goods I wanted, so I was retyping my sentence as "this isn't what I wanted google", and a suggestion was "this isn't even my final form"
And I looked through it
ANd I was like.
#YOLO

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-12-2014, 10:53 AM

I guess I did most of these before the previous posts, but I only just took photos of them so #YOLO

These are all Sketches, and they're not in as much order I would like them to be but I guess you could guess which came before the other

\

WherededIGo
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 PM

I did the top two, a friend did the bottom two

when he whispers romantic things in your ear