Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Banner art by Shadami, Color by Wherededigo

Welcome to the runway of the Arabian Nights; where dreams come true in the fashion sense. Sit down on a dune and watch the show, or dress your best and be a star. Either way the stars of the Arabian Nights look down upon you and shine.

Last edited by Shadami; 06-16-2014 at 01:26 AM..

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 06-10-2014, 06:24 PM

~ Nephila ~~~~ Libra ~ ~ ~ Shadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra
Hello! I've been on Menewsha for 5 years now, and am still loving the site. I only really started focusing on my avatar and paying attention to AP and UP the past couple years, but I feel like simplistic avatars are the best in my book. I'm looking for the most unique avi, an entry I wouldn't have expected. I hope you all make very interesting avi's for our contests!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami
Hey all! I'm Shadami, you may have seen me around, always playing with creative uses for items. Sometimes my ideas are a bit too far out of the box to be understood, but that doesn't stop me. I enjoy seeing visually pleasing avatars, regardless if that means super layered, or simple and sweet. Color coordination is a big plus, but I rank creativity even above that. Follow the directions, let the creative juices flow, and you'll score top points with me!

Follow Menewsha rules and TOS.
Entries will be accepted from July 14-July 21 (start and end of event).
One entry per account (mules can enter too).
Enter as many themes as you'd like.
Pay attention to each theme's guidelines.

For each theme, we will have the following prizes:
1st Place : CI based on the theme
2nd Place : 1,000G
3rd Place : 500G
The 1st Place Winner for our Group Contest will recieve a mystery prize for each person on the winning team.

Last edited by Libra; 06-17-2014 at 05:07 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-10-2014, 06:35 PM

For this part of our contest we're asking you to come up with an avatar using the main color scheme of the event and favorite colors of Scheherezad herself.

Main colors: sand tones & gold
Accent colors: jewel tones, (basically any of the bright or vivid colors. Just remember THEY'RE ACCENT COLORS)

* HOWEVER! With that said the color scheme is for the Body only you can have ANY colors you like in the Background.
* Any skin tone color is fine but if you decide to use an equippable skin or please keep it within the color scheme. That goes for hair and eyes as well.

Being a Djinn myself I won't hesitate to deny an entry that doesn't follow the color scheme.

HTML Code:
[SIZE="5"] [COLOR="red"]" Desert Colors
 "[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[b] Username: [/b]
[b] Image: [/b]

star2000shadow * KatMagenta * fireprincess * Rochiel Silverfire

SuperZombiePotatoe * Elirona * Pistachio_Moustache * Chexala

Sadrain * shinigamikarasu * Emma Corrin * XoGIZMOoX *

Dystopia * Velvet

Last edited by Nephila; 06-21-2014 at 07:24 PM..

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 06-10-2014, 07:36 PM

I'm bringing Summer back into the Summer User-Run Event, so my theme is a swimsuit competition! Whether your at the beach, the local pool, or an oasis; you're gonna need a swimsuit to relax in the water. Break out your best swimming attire, and show me how you have a good time during the summer months.

Guidelines:
At least half of the swimsuit needs to be showing.
Any bra or panties can be considered part of a "swimsuit" for the ladies.
Any shorts that are knee length can be considered swim trunks for the guys.
The Olympic briefs will also count as swimwear.
Ping me to your entry, or else I might miss it.
Entry Form:

HTML Code:
[SIZE="5"] [COLOR="Purple"]"I'm ready for Summer!"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[b] Description: [/b]
Example:
"I'm ready for Summer!"
Username: Ophiuchus
Image:
Description: Salamando is trying to enjoy a day on the beach of his volcanic island... But a crab is irritating him.

Official Entries!

star2000shadow Elirona Antagonist Ling fireprincess

Emma Corrin SuperZombiePotatoe Pistachio_Moustache shinigamikarasu

Rochiel Silverfire Xogizmoox

Last edited by Libra; 06-21-2014 at 11:10 AM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-10-2014, 08:04 PM

You've found a magical genie lamp. You rubbed it hard out of excitement, but you stumbled around on the wish and now it has backfired! Now it is time to design an avatar of your backfired wish.
Rules:
*write a short paragraph (4 sentences minimum) about what the wish was, and what happened.
*represent your wish
*represent how it went wrong
*there is no color constraints

HTML Code:
[SIZE="5"] [COLOR="Blue"]" My Wish Backfired!"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[b] Backstory: [/b]
Entries:
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
" My Wish Backfired!
"

Username: star2000shadow
Image:
Backstory: Apparently wishing for the power of the cosmos is a BAD thing to wish for. because now look at me I'm a GENIE and im STUCK in a stupid lamp. oh yeah this wish.. probably should of been better thought out. and now i'm stuck granting other's wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
"My Wish Backfired!"
Username: Pistachio_Moustache
Image:
Backstory: Warning: When you want to make a wish to be in a drama, be a little more specific. The genie took it literally, that I wanted to be IN the show. Not that I wanted to be an actor and work on a drama. Now, I'm stuck serving tea to all of the guests that come to this quaint little shop. I got put in as an extra! Gah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourGoat View Post

" My Wish Backfired!"
Username: OnYourGoat
Image:
Backstory: All I did was ask for the whole book set to immerse myself in-- Oh that's how that happened. Well now I'm stuck on Arakis. At least the locals are pretty friendly. They gave me a suit to keep the sand off. Though the whole recycling body waste thing will take some getting used to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elirona View Post
" My Wish Backfired! "
Username: Elirona
Image:
Backstory: Maybe you shouldn't have wished to be highly intelligent with a scholarship to a school where you'll be guaranteed a successful future. The genie, being the sneaky bastard he is, enrolled you at Ouran High School, a prestigious high school where the children of Japan's wealthiest go. This would be awesome, if you knew how to fluently speak Japanese. The most you can say is "where is the bathroom" and "where is the library". You were also taken hostage by a group of boys who run a "host club;" they entertain girls in order to make money. They forced you to become a member after you broke their incredibly expensive Renaissance vase, valued at 8 million Yen, or $80,000, in order to pay the expenses, even though you're a woman. Unfortunately, all the students at this school are in love with you, and you think they're all annoying because they don't know about the life of a "commoner" like yourself. "Damn rich people," you say under your breath. "Damn the genie, too."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
" My Wish Backfired!
"

Username: SuperZombiePotatoe

Image:

Backstory: Warning: I recently bought an old lamp for 50 cents from this stall at the flea market. I thought it would look nice on my mantel piece and 50 cents is not a deal to walk away from! After buying the lamp I decided to shine it up a bit and would you believe it, just like in the stories, out pops this genie! The poor dear was so grateful for getting a chance to stretch his legs after so long that he offered me 1 wish. Now you could only imagine how thrilled I was. Being a lover of books and learning, my first wish was to be as wise as an owl. It seemed harmless, but I was so wrong. The genie turned out to be a little hard of hearing, so instead of making me as wise as an owl, he turned me into an actual owl! I was so annoyed, but realised that it was also probably my fault. Who asked me to be so poetic?! I could have said, "Make me smarter." But then again, he might have turned me into a smartie or a martyr or something. So here I am, an owl. You have no idea idea how difficult life is. I used to love apples, but now they're not appetising at all. You know what is? Mice and bugs and squirrels! I mean I used to be a vegetarian, but now I see a squirrel and can't help myself. And, owls don't have fingers, how am I supposed to turn pages or turn on the t.v.? And don't get me started on sleeping in trees! Although, flying and being able to turn your head 360 degrees are some pluses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireprincess View Post
" My Wish Backfired!
"

Username: fireprincess
Image:
Backstory: You were so excited when the Genie came out of its bottle and told you of your three wishes, but what the Genie didn't tell you is that all magic comes with a price. You thought about your life and what would be the most beneficial to you, and decided that you could never really know... that is, unless you could see the future.... To be safe, your first wish was for a beautiful spacious caravan, filled with the finest furnishings one could ever dream of, and it was done. Your second wish was to be fitted with a whole new wardrobe made of the finest silks and gems of the world, and that too was bestowed upon you. Now, for your third and final wish, you decided to be more extravagant and daring. You decided that you wanted to see the future, to ensure yourself a happy and prosperous life. The Genie granted you the powers to talk to the spirits, along with the ability to read tarot cards and crystal balls, then was gone. At first you were amazed by your powers, and people would pay you riches upon riches for seances and readings. However, you started to find it difficult to sleep, as you were haunted by said spirits, and could no longer control when you would see into the future. Now you are doomed to forever see the spirits of the past that whisper what could be, and to read the futures of others, as you travel from place to place searching for another Genie to lift your curse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
" My Wish Backfired!"
Username: Antagonist
Image:
Backstory: When I said I wanted to be immortal, the genie took it to mean 'not dying' and not, 'eternal youth'. Now I'm stuck as an undying mound of undecaying flesh and can't die despite having suffered through various accidents that left me seriously maimed and missing a couple of limbs. The apocalypse has come and gone, humanity is dead, yet still I live. I'm seriously considering just throwing myself into a pool of lava so I'd have no body left, but I fear that I'd be stuck being burned for eternity and still not die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Corrin View Post
" My Wish Backfired!"
Username: Emma Corrin
Image:
Backstory: "Oh Darcy, My Darcy" - *standing outside of a house* How did I wind up here? Well let me tell you! So, here I am reading one of my favorite period novels "Pride and Prejudice" at the park, and next thing I know some kid throws what looked to be a brass lamp at me before running off like someone lit his pants on fire! Luckily it hit my book and fell to the ground instead of hitting my face, but still. Who DOES that? So anyways, I reach down to pick up the lamp, right. All of a sudden this woman pops out and tells me that she's a genie, I'm now her master, and I can have three wishes! Umm, thanks random kid for throwing this in my face! THIS IS AWESOME! Yeah, or so I thought. So of course my love life is kind of... well... non-existent. So what is my first wish? TO HAVE A GUY LIKE MR. DARCY OF COURSE! Really simple right? My genie surely could find me a guy like that, right? Well the joke's on me bub! I'M NOW A GUY LIKE MR. DARCY!! I can't believe my genie did this. And when I tried to undo the wish? She just made it worse! What kind of sick joke is this? Now I'm 3 wishes short of a miracle, my genie is long gone, and I now see why that kid was so eager to get rid of this sorry excuse for a genie. I mean come on, HOW HARD IS IT TO DO MAGIC?! Anyways, now I'm a period gentleman stuck in the book Pride and Prejudice off to woo some fair maiden. Until we meet again, FIND A WAY TO GET ME OUT OF THIS MESS!!!! *knocks on the door*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochiel Silverfire View Post
" My Wish Backfired!"
Username: Rochiel Silverfire
Image:
Backstory: So I found this beautiful old teapot in an antique store. It had a scene depicting a bunch of frolicking foxes with lots of tails painted on the sides along with something I couldn't quite make out for all the dirt. So I rubbed it away and this beautiful woman in a kimono appeared from out of the spout! Well, I was a bit confused when she told me she was a genie...I though genies came from the Middle East, but apparently there are different kinds. So, struck with inspiration, I asked her if I could see ancient Japan and play with the foxes. She obliged...but what I didn't realize was that returning would require a second wish, and her type only grants one. At least she was nice enough to turn me into one of the spirit foxes from the teapot so I can hang out with them while I look for another Japanese genie to get me back to my own time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xogizmoox View Post
" My Wish Backfired!"
Username: XoGIZMOoX
Image: Up above my copy paste acting goofy
Backstory: Gizzie was out at the animal park playing with my critters. We went over to the sandbox and thats when I tripped over something shiny. I looked down to check it out and much to my surprise it was an odd looking bottle. I brushed off the dirt and out popped a genie. Im like omg omg how awsome I get wishies right right right??? The gennie says yes masterwhat shall I grant you? As I go to say my wish all heck breaks loose. A buzzing bee started swarming me and well my wish turned into I WISH TO AWWW BEE MORE FLUFFY LITTLE CRITTERS !!! Poof wish done are darn I wanted more pets but instead I BEEcome a fluffy alpaca. . O.o great I hope im house trainned !

Last edited by Shadami; 06-21-2014 at 04:52 AM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-10-2014, 08:17 PM

This shall be a group effort! For this challenge we want you to design a group of characters that may have been in one of Scheherezad's Stories. We also want you to "Tell us the Tale" of these people. With a minimum of 5 sentences per group let us know who these people are and what their story is. Each member of your team should contribute to the story.

So grab up a group of your friends and get creative! Entertain us with your Tale and Cast...or face the consequences.

Some things we're looking for:

* How well do they relate to each other (Do they look like they're from the same story? )
* Did all members put = effort into their submissions (both story and avatar)
* Overall team work

HTML Code:
[SIZE="5"] [COLOR="Green"]"Scheherezad's Stories
 "[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[b] Usernames of group: [/b]
[b] Images: [/b]
[b] Story: [/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmagghia View Post
"Scheherezad's Stories
"

Usernames of group: steelmagghia, Dystopia, xogizmoox, bloodstainedwings
Story: A poor fisherman was having quite the bad day. He had pulled up quite a lot of junk, even a soggy sandwich, but no fish! Finally, calling upon the name of God, he tried one more time. This time he pulled up a mysterious sealed jar.
This djinn was trapped inside a jar for centuries. As the centuries passed, the djinn grew furious and decided to kill his eventual liberator. After four centuries, he was freed by a fisherman, but promptly tricked back into his jar! The djinn begs for mercy and promises to help the fisherman in return for his freedom.
The jinni said to the fisherman "follow me" . The fisherman followed the jinni down to a lake filled with all types of exotic fish. The jinni watched as the fisherman fished and fished before finally catching four fish . The fisherman had a big smile upon his face . "Ahh, please take those to the Sultan" and the jinni vanishes into thin air.
The fisherman took the jinni's advice and was greatly rewarded. The fish turned out to be quite remarkable and would answer questions, which led to the discovery of a prince. In the end the sultan and the prince married the fisherman's two daughters.

Last edited by Nephila; 06-21-2014 at 05:16 PM..

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Although this is more of a contest thread rather than a hangout thread, we still wanted to give out some page prizes! We have so many prizes that were donated to the event this year, we can't possibly keep them all to ourselves.

Prizes include:
A random item from our treasure trove.
A random amount of gold.
Art by one of the hosts.
Rather than the typical way of giving out prizes, we decided to use a random number generator (or our dice generator here on Mene).

Prizes Awarded @:
Post #77 - Art by Shadami [Elirona]
Post #135 - Avi art by Libra [Nephila]
Post #155 - Art by Shadami SuperZombiePotatoe
Post #184 - Avi art by Libra [Antagonist]
Post #205 - A random item [Chexala]
Post #222 - A random item [Pistachio_Moustache]
Post #248
Post #269
Random number generator courteous of Random.org

Last edited by Libra; 06-20-2014 at 04:07 PM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-10-2014, 08:54 PM

Last edited by Shadami; 06-12-2014 at 11:38 PM..

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-10-2014, 08:59 PM

Last edited by Nephila; 06-12-2014 at 09:11 PM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 04:12 PM

can't wait to see all the beautiful entries

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-14-2014, 04:14 PM

Rockin' themes, you guys - very creative! I look forward to trying to come up with some entries. ;D

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 06-14-2014, 04:24 PM

Whooo, avatar contest! Love the themes. I'll have to hit this up when I have a bit more time.

Libra
the Galaxy Fairy
Mini Pixelite

Old 06-14-2014, 04:28 PM

Yay! The thread is finally open! Now we just have to roll the dove to pick what pages will have page prizes!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 04:46 PM

Oboy it's open! time to change into my outfit. :D

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 04:46 PM

*watches Neph*

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 06-14-2014, 04:49 PM

Oh, you came up with some exquisite themes for this. :D

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 06-14-2014, 05:08 PM

yess the themes are great +Q+ can't wait to see the entries!
I don't know if I will be entering ...XD probably not......

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 06-14-2014, 05:13 PM

I can't wait to see all of the entries!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 06:26 PM

Can't wait to see all the entries.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Yay! The thread is finally open! Now we just have to roll the dove to pick what pages will have page prizes!
Yes. How many doves shall we roll? I can roll a 100 sided dove on my...phone. xD And have a few of those pages. I will also roll based on post number when I'm doing free arts.

Thank you all. I'm thrilled that you enjoy the themes and I hope you all enter.

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-14-2014, 06:41 PM

Hehehe. Rolling doves.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 06:43 PM

yes. Rolling doves. It's kind of like a game of heads or tails. but it also includes butt, face, wings, and feet.

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 06-14-2014, 06:51 PM

Hehehe. Fluffy feather butt.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 07:07 PM

Yeah . They're not very cooperative though.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 06-14-2014, 07:07 PM

Haha, dove rolling. I call butts!