Old 07-14-2010, 11:37 PM

BACKSTAGE ASSIGNMENTS:

Team Name: Jester
Task #:2
Assignment:Wings~!!

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 PM

Well, Fey said she had to go to eat some dinner and Kage left a bit ago, so I'm posting their updated Critic for them. =]

OPENING DAY ACTS:

Team Name: Gypsies
Task #: 4
Act:

Quote:
Spectacular! Daring! Awe-inspiring!

These are just a few words that describe the show put on by the Menewshan Gypsies yesterday. The Gypsies dazzled people with beautiful music, exotic dancing, enchanting magic acts and dangerous acrobatics. Crowds 'Ooh'ed and 'Ah'ed as they watched the performers jingle, tumble, sing and chant. The bright colors gave a feast to the eyes as silks and ribbons flowed from the dancers costumes, giving an elegant feel to the energetic movements. The well-composed music really gave the patrons a feel for the entire show, accompanying all the acts with cheery tambourine tempos to melodramatic violin work. The night of dancing, sword balancing and future-reading was a huge hit.

But that's just what is seen on the stage. The men and women who put it all together had an amazing time as well. They worked hard to make sure each and everything was in it's place. Each costume was artfully made, filled with unique attributes and delicate embroidery. Each prop was spit-shinned until it shone with a beauty that one would only imagine in the realm of their dreams, the decorations were skillfully made and astoundingly beautiful and they even had a floating stage! Not only that, but they worked tirelessly on each act, meticulously practicing each movement until it could not be improved upon any further.
It was clear that the Menewshan Gypsies had put a lot of work into their shows. With perfectly timed dancers, death-defying acts, and even a beautifully scenic location, the audience entered and left with equal amounts of excitement. Every part of this night filled the hearts of all. Children and parents alike enjoyed taking rides on their Camel, which also happened breathe fire. Tents surrounded the lake on which the stage was set, allowing people to roam about and get their fortunes told. Performers ran about, juggling swords and spinning plates. Everything was set and prepared, providing the perfectly seamless illusion that we had all wandered into some marvelous fantasy world.

"It was hard getting everyone together at the right moments and perfecting all the routines... but I think that it's well worth it. Even though our camel did eat a hole in Kage's pants... at least that kept him from complaining about it being too hot to juggle his swords." Says Feyona, one of the performers.

"I can't tell you all the hours I've spent practicing, but it doesn't matter, It's all worth it." Says Kage, swordsman and acrobat.

They all agree that the work was tough and exhausting, but like any good performers, they love what they do. I think we can all expect to see them again in the future as the performers say:

"I think it went marvelously! I haven't had this much fun in a long time and I would do it again in a heartbeat."- Feyona

" I'm still grinning like an idiot from the success! I would go through all of it again, even the Camel incident." –Kage
Quote:
This is one of the worse pieces of trash I've ever wasted my time on. I can’t believe the money I just threw away last night! I thought that they were joking when they they had said fire-breathing camels... but NOOOOO. Not only did it breathe fire, but it set a piece of the stage on fire and scorched my FAVORITE HAT! The nerve of such camels! What ugly beasts they are. And it smelled horrible. Don’t they ever wash their animals? Someone should report them for animal cruelty, because there’s no way that camel is being properly cared for. It even had the nerve to poo right in front of everyone. My purebred dog at least has the decency to hide behind a bush! Didn’t even have to teach her that!

The sword thrower was decent...but the dancers were just a little bit off sync. How can they even think to call themselves professional if they can’t even get the timing right? Honestly, what were they really doing during all that time they were supposedly practicing? And the fortune teller was complete rubbish. I will NOT fall in love with another girl, I am certain of that. Humph! The nerve, filling people with such ideas and perverting their minds.

On top of that (as if it could get even worse from there), the stage decorations were shotty and it was WAY too loud. Pieces were falling off all over the place, and I nearly lost my life on a fallen decoration that had shattered. And I am certain someone should have called the police and enforced the noise limit. There were several neighborhoods nearby, all with houses with people in them who may have actually been trying to sleep.

I don't think I have ever been more disappointed in anything in my entire life. My friends TOLD me I should have gone to the Opera instead like I really wanted to, but I decided to give it a try. They certainly made it sound interesting, and I figured I should review something different for a change. Ha... never again. I now know better than to ever waste my time with anything on a lower level than the Bolshoi Theatre again. Though, I suppose it turned out well that I should have to opportunity to remind everyone of the rubbish that was seen last night.
In closing, the performance was shoddy—at best. It was poorly planned, moved too quickly, and filled with sub-par performers. And here’s what they had to say for themselves:

"Sometimes it felt like the crowd wasn't all that into some of the acts, but hey, not everyone likes the same things." - KageShio

"I have to admit it could have been a lot better... there was a point that I lost my balance for just a little bit while I was dancing and almost fell over completely." -FeyonaSaibre

"I'm really glad that I managed to fix my slip-up, I could have hurt myself bad with those torches.... Luck 'o the irish, ne? Well, that is, if I was Irish." - KageShio

"I'm just happy it's all said and done with. I mean, a lot of fun though it may be... I do get so tired after dancing all day." - FeyonaSaibre

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:50 PM

Added the jesters entry. Oh, and it looks like I have another entry to add. 8D

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 07-14-2010, 11:51 PM

OPENING DAY ACTS:

Team Name: Gypsies
Task #: 5
Act:
Interview 1
Welcome everyone, to the Silver On Saturday show!
Today's guest is the lead belly-dancer and production host from the Feast of Fools caravan!

Give her a big round of applause, everyone!

-Applause and shouting, etc-

Now, let's get comfy and then get right down to business with this interview, shall we?

Q#1 - So, Feyona. Is it all right if I call you that?
I hear you're the lead gypsy in the caravan, doing performances, acts, etc.
Is it true? Also, how did you find out about the caravan in the first place?
Did you meet them at one of the other events?
If so, which one?

-Answer- Yes it is true. I found out about the caravan because I have my... ways... *looks around suspiciously* I was informed of the caravan by the most interesting set of circumstances. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to reveal them. Or what event I was at when I learned about it... But I trust that you'll keep this information to yourself, yes? *waves away someone dressed all in black about to smash a crystal ball over Silver's head*

Q#2 - What kind of acts are you involved in?
Are they dangerous? Because I heard someone was attacked by a fire-breathing camel. I don't think that sounds overly safe.
But, you seem to be alright, so I suppose you're fairly cautious about your performances?

-Answer- We're involved in all kinds of acts. From dancing to fire dancing, sword juggling and many other dangerous things, but we do use the standard precautions. We are fairly cautious about our performances. Kage was attacked by the fire-breathing camel because he was acting all sweet on BellyButton and the camel got possessive and decided to exact his revenge in a tasteful way.

Q#3 - Any stories about strange happenings backstage?
My viewers love a good tale, creepy or not.
I remember once, I had an alleged ghost in my dressing room.
Turned out to be Yumeh. He got into the studio and fell in my face-powder.
Poor cat hasn't been to visit me since.

-Answer- Backstage? Well, HappyStarr threatened a pizza delivery guy and later killed him... we found out about each others favorite hobbies which certainly didn't involve killing or stealing anything. We listened to some awesome music. Altered a Kimono, dressed up a cat, and got to see Kage in a skirt. *bends over and whispers* it's really something you must see!

Q#4 - I forgot to mention, that's quite the outfit you have on, without any burn marks! (The darn camel didn't get you! 8D)
Did you make it on your time off, or did you obtain the pieces on your caravan's travels? I especially like the cape you have on. Where did you get it?

-Answer- I made it all. I'm rather proud of myself. The cape I actually made by adhering a big clear plastic sheet to the bottom of it which is how I got the separated look. *holds it up to the light* See, it's shiny!

Q#5 - Ah, our time is almost up on the Silver on Saturday show, so I guess this'll be our last question for the day!
The audience would really love to know if you'd recommend the show. Is it worth seeing?
I have a ticket I got from my cousin, so I'm considering wandering over to see all the different spectacles.

-Answer- It's a definite must-see. I'm extremely proud of all my troupe members who did an excellent job in each of their roles. I'd say you should at least check it out once!

Interview 2

Welcome everyone, to FeyFey's Fantastic Facts!
Today's guest is a gypsy from the Feast of Fools caravan who was a big part of this past week's Street Circus! Everyone give it up for Silver Magi!!

-Applause and shouting, etc-

Now that you're comfortably seated, I've got a few questions for you about the program in general and would like to know your thoughts about it.

Q#1 - So, Silver. It's all right that I call you that, right?
I know that you've been doing a whole lot of the work and haven't hardly gotten any of the limelight. How does that make you feel?

-Answer- Actually, I don't feel jealous about it at all.
I feel like the avatar contest was a success, and hopefully everyone had as much fun as I did.
This past week's event has been quite the experience, that's for sure.

Q#2 - I heard your male performer was wearing a skirt for a little while, is that true? What do you think it was like for him?

-Answer- Yes, it's true!
I don' think he felt that awkward. I'm a male, and I've got a whole dress on!

Q#3 - I heard there were also a few people from your troupe that didn't show up. Was it hard to cope with those losses?

-Answer- Yes, actually. One was a friend of mine, but I know he's been rather busy.
Oh well, they're the ones that missed out on all the frantic fun!

Q#4 - There were several acts preformed. Would you tell me about your favorite and what about it caused you to love it so much?

-Answer- Hm. That's a really hard question. I had quite a few favorites.
I really enjoyed playing around with the kimono for the new fashion.
I also liked writing the E-Mails to the NPCs of Menewsha.

Q#5 - Ah, I see time runs short and our fling together on FeyFey's Fantastic Facts has almost come to a complete end, so I guess this'll be our last question for the day!

Was there anyone there you were attracted to? Come on, you can tell us. And we won't tell the press if it's the camel. *big obvious wink*

-Answer- Hm. Not that I can recall. Although that camel was pretty fiiiiine.

Firebreathing mammals are always sexy.

Last edited by FeyonaSaibre; 07-14-2010 at 11:59 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-14-2010, 11:57 PM

Starr, I can take it for partial credit, since there aren't images with it as required. Is that all right?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 PM

0.0 If there's time...I could draw images, if that's alright...?

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 PM

D8 There is unfortunately no time. It's 6:59 pm. I'll take it for partial, then?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 12:00 AM

DX Okay...whatever credit we can get is fine.

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 07-15-2010, 12:01 AM

Well i just finished #5 on the opening acts one. Just in time too, so it would seem...

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 12:02 AM

Ya! *high fives*

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 AM

All right then. *Mai adds to list*

Thanks for participating in this round, everyone. 8D I just want to say that I have really enjoyed seeing all your entries and how you work together and encourage each other, even through the set-backs we've had. 8) Thank you for being such great teams, and I hope that you are all looking forward to the bonus round. Now go and get some nice R&R!

*Mai throws confetti because confetti is awesome and the teams are awesome, then hugs the fire-breathing camel because mammalistic flamethrowers are awesome, too*

Siti_Hajar
Someone New
Send a message via AIM to Siti_Hajar Send a message via Yahoo to Siti_Hajar

Old 07-15-2010, 12:06 AM

Oops, I guess I was late, just finished an assignment, too late to post it..

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 12:08 AM

Whooo! Mannn we really pulled through today! *super proud* Can't wait for tomorrow! >D

Siti_Hajar
Someone New
Send a message via AIM to Siti_Hajar Send a message via Yahoo to Siti_Hajar

Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 AM

You really did~!! Tomorrow's the bonus day, I can't wait.

Silver Magi
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-15-2010, 12:13 AM

Aaaah~ Yay, we actually succeeded with some tasks. <33

/Snugs everyone

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 12:13 AM

Ya, seriously! I'm DEFINITELY gonna sleep tonight. *nodnod* >.>

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 AM

Good job everyone.
I've really enjoyed lurking in here. ^^

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 01:45 AM

I'm just happy we're not lagging so far behind anymore... o.o

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 AM

Same! ^_^

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 07-15-2010, 02:50 AM

omg! we're almost getting even with the Jesters!!! :D *crosses fingers that my home computer holds up*

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 02:52 AM

Come on, LaVida's computer! Just hang in there!!

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 07-15-2010, 04:52 AM

go for it, catch up to the jesters :)

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 AM

^_^ We plan on it! >D

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-15-2010, 05:28 AM

man, the artist team must have really been cranking out the work! O_O