NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Welcome, one and all!

I am Colest, the Goddess of Newbies.

It is my self appointed task to ensure newbies feel welcomed on Menewsha Island, but you will find that all of our citizens will welcome you, and make sure your stay is as pleasant as is possible!

Many boats have traveled to Menewsha as of late, and I would hate any of our new citizens to feel left out. Here, you can come and chat. Chat about anything at all!

I have a few ground rules, that must be followed. Rules rules rules. We all need to follow them (even us Goddesses!).

So, without further ado, welcome to Menewsha newbies, and I sincerely hope you enjoy our spectacular event!

Last edited by NewbieCloset; 08-10-2009 at 09:06 PM..

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 11:46 AM

Rules

I shall be giving out charity, but in return I would ask that you do one thing - Follow the rules. These are set in place to ensure that everyone has a fair chance, and that no-one is left out. Also, it ensures that no-one gets a warning from moderators!
  • Do not double post. This is a basic site rule, but few understand it. Double posting is when you post twice in a row. You may not do this on Menewsha
  • Do not spam. Spamming includes the word "Bump", a single letter, number, emoticon, etc. Participate in conversation! Again, this is a basic site rule.
  • Do NOT EVER beg. I have low tolerance on this issue.
  • Respect ALL staff and acknowledge that they are here to help us, not to control us.
  • Do not whine or complain about Menewsha, please. Myself and all other users do our best, as do staff. We have made this site our own, it's Menewsha after all. Nothing else.
  • Do not create drama within this thread. This will NOT be accepted.
  • Show respect and gratitude at all times. It costs nothing dearies!
  • Have fun! Get to know new people and make friends! It will make the site much easier to adjust to, and it will help you settle in :-)

I'd also like to add that if anyone repeatedly breaks rules here, you will be blacklisted on my main thread.

And those who are blacklisted on the main thread may post here. It's a one off chance, if you would like to take it.

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Donations!

I will be giving these out at random, based on activity in the thread. Of course, everyone is welcome, but newbies especially.

I shall also be clothing the naked Newbies! I will be sending out Rag Shirts to the cold newbies who post here often. But.. If you've posted -a lot- you may get something more than a rag shirt!

Donated To

Kayao - 500g + 300g
Sadrain - 500g
Gothic Romance - 500g
Promised Penguin - Rag Shirt
star2000shadow - Gold Calliope Bracelet
Xio - Pink Athena Dress
Angelic Cutie - Rag Shirt
star2000shadow - 500g
Kai La Morte - 500g
Jareth - 500g
Hatake Ayumi - 500g
Wulfwynn - 300g
Irukandji - 200g

Donations from

Rosebleed- 10k! Thank you!
star2000shadow - 100g Thank you!

Last edited by NewbieCloset; 08-13-2009 at 07:49 PM..

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM

About Colest, The Newbie Goddess

Haha my main account is Kultura. I have been on Menewsha for over a year, and having successfully quested a few awesome rares (few of which I actually own at the minute!) I became bored with it.

I noticed a few threads in Site Feedback, where newbies were asking about starter clothes. Menewsha will never have these.

However, I thought it would be nice to give a little to the site that has kept me so occupied for the past year! I set up my charity, the Newbie Closet, with one specific aim - to clothe the naked!

The thread was set up on the 14th March this year, and the first donation was given to BinaFydan on the 28th March. Since then I have given my own "starter set" to 30 (maybe more!) newbies, most of which still return to the charity to hang out.

Recently, with advertisements on another avatar site, we have had a lot of new members! So I've been uber busy with the charity. Sometimes I can get a little bit crazy, but the majority members who post there are keeping me sane xD

About me as a person, I am Sheenagh, a 17 year old Irish girl. I studied at a Catholic Convent Grammar school... I left at 16. 'Cause it was an all girls school. *shudders* Now I am studying Construction at college, to hopefully pursue a career in Quantity Surveying (What's that, you ask? :lol: ask me about it), or Architecture.

I have dyed red hair and it looks like I fell and seriously injured my fringe *hates it*.
I'm in love *floats* and I've been with my boyfriend just over a year. He's a member here, but doesn't come online much anymore.

I am frightened of everything.

This is me!X

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 11:54 AM

Show Your Support!

Show your support for the Goddess of Newbies, by posting the banner in your signature.

I will be making more, this is just a little one :-)

Credit to the PAs who made the original banners, I used the basic background!

HTML Code:
[img]http://www.menewsha.com/forum/image.php?u=45692&type=sigpic&dateline=1249726618[/img]

HTML Code:
[IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w292/demon-rubber-duckie/NewbieBanner1.png[/IMG]
More will be coming! XD

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 11:55 AM

Raffle!

I haven't a clue who to donate to, and what to donate, so I am having a raffle!

Slots are free. Aren't I nice? ANYONE CAN ENTER! You can be an oldbie, newbie, man, woman, child, hermaphrodite, donkey... ANYONE! :-)

Terms!
You many only enter once
You may not choose your number (it's really confusing!)

Prizes!
1st Prize - Merkheit Legend + Event Common of Choice
2nd Prize - Thor's Hammer + Event Common of Choice
3rd Prize - 3 Event Commons of Choice
4th Prize - 2 Event Commons of Choice
5th Prize - Chickie Flock
6th Prize - Event Common of Choice
7th Prize - Yumeh Bats

And all runners up will receive 50 gold.

How to Enter

Simply PM this account saying you would like to enter! Easy peasy! :-)

Entrants!

Hatake Ayumi
Wulfwynn
Kayao
Sakubo
serangel
mags42
Intergalactic Bunny
Xio
Sadrain
Dejagurl
Amalia
Divacita
Aynjell
E-Spy
Mist Dragon
QueenElizabeth
dorkmonster
Riechan
Saira Bellus
nidhogg13
Dyr3
The Adorable Panda
Luzzy
Child of God
`i P 3 A C H E S
iKurausu
codex1234
Lady Etain
Lycinder

Last edited by NewbieCloset; 08-13-2009 at 07:43 PM..

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

More About The Raffle

You have until August 13th (Thursday) to enter. TODAY! BAHAAA!
Raffle will be drawn on the 14th August, and prizes handed out accordingly. :-)

Also, people who post here often will have double the chance of winning than those who have simply PMed me to say they'd like to enter. It's only fair. So, anyone who has been hanging out here, or in the main charity thread, and has entered will have their names put in TWICE. You can still only win one prize though :-P

Last edited by NewbieCloset; 08-13-2009 at 07:45 PM..

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Reserved Post

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 11:57 AM

Reserved Post

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 12:57 PM

Kept ya'll waiting long enough methinks :-P

I now pronounce this thread - OPEN!

Newbie Closet - A Charity - Clothes For Newbies!

Versailles
I killed Waldo

Old 08-09-2009, 01:04 PM

O; It's opened? Yay!
Did i get first post? o w o //never gotten first post expect on own thread// lol

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-09-2009, 01:04 PM

YAY!!! It's open!!

*snugs first post of her beloved thread*

EDIT: *cries* Nooooooo. How could this happen?! Why did my comptuer betray me so and didn't elt me have first post of my most dear thread? ;-;

goldfish67
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 PM

Welcome to Menewsha Newbies!!
I just posted in the New Meat forum myself XD No, I'm not new but when i logged in there was this greeting at the top of the screen that said "Why don't you go over to the New Meat forum and re-introduce yourself?" So i did. It was a tempting offer ^^

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-09-2009, 01:16 PM

I am annoyed I can't get that 'offer' off from my Mule's screen 'cos what I am gonna write in New Meat? "Hello, I am Sadrain;'s charity Mule. Nice to meet chya!" >.>

I want... so many dresses from event store. ;-; Nearly ever purple one and then Isis merkheti one. ><

Versailles
I killed Waldo

Old 08-09-2009, 01:17 PM

Hiya Sadrain! ^___^
i don't know what i want from the event store. X_X

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-09-2009, 01:30 PM

Well, that's better than wanting 1/5 of the store. ._.

Versailles
I killed Waldo

Old 08-09-2009, 01:34 PM

lol i might get the panties o w o

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-09-2009, 01:39 PM

Ver turned into a guy!! D8

Versailles
I killed Waldo

Old 08-09-2009, 01:43 PM

O; MEEP! I know!
lol but the female avi always have better clothes. X__X

goldfish67
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-09-2009, 01:47 PM

Since my avi is male I can't buy any of the dresses. I like food items though. Those have always been my favorite!! XD I'm tryign to join the star team(I posted in that sticky) so I need more yellow/gold/orange..whatever color stars usually are!! XD And you get that messege off by saying "dismiss" I mean..by clicking on it ^^

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 08-09-2009, 01:49 PM

Then turn back, Ver! D8

And I don't even know of team star... oh well. x3 I'm fine with my song, lol. =P

Versailles
I killed Waldo

Old 08-09-2009, 01:50 PM

goldfish67;
LOL!
Hello!

sadrain;
Me dun wanna! lol. soon though. XD

goldfish67
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-09-2009, 01:50 PM

There isn't a team star..wow i'm confused now!!! T_T
Help me out! I may have joined a few years ago but in my heart i'm still a newbie!:sweat:

NewbieCloset
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Hello everyone! I disappeared, sorry..
And I'm gonna be going again soon I think XD

Master Adams
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-09-2009, 01:56 PM

Hi guys! :) Enjoying Celes Paradi? I kinda am...