Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-09-2016, 06:06 PM

Ajani shrugged, fulling know there would be consequences and thus why he wouldn't actually do it, but he could threaten, "What's to say it wasn't an accident and I just happened to see this little lizard trip right over the side of the cliff. And somehow I get the feeling you're not supposed to be here in the first place. So really would it be that big of a deal?" he asked, stilling eyeing the distance between the lizard and the edge of the cliff.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2016, 11:56 PM

Aaheru crossed his arms and let out a huff. His scales shifted colors though, revealing how Ajani's words got through to him. He'd turned to a nice teal color, somewhere between aggressive and submissive. One word either direction and he'd change colors all over again. No, he wasn't supposed to be here at all and when, not if, his father found out, he'd get punished all over again. "So what. I don't think you're supposed to be talking about me either. If you really wanted me to go away, you'd have done something about it already. Doesn't that mean you don't really mind me, eh?" he grinned as he regained some confidence.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-13-2016, 04:04 AM

"Your logic is truly strange." Ajani muttered, eyes drifting over the color changing scaled, wondering what each color meant, sure it'd give him some hint into what the other was thinking. It'd certainly be a nice advantage to have. "Consider this, I could ignore you and you'd walk right on by me, which would obviously be the opposite of my duty. I could fight you, but we both know how that would end. Or we can talk and I can convince you to go away as you surely need to do. And if that doesn't work. off the cliff you, go." Ajani smirk, certain that what he'd said made since and would be enough to get the lizard to leave, even if he was making Ajani's day a bit more interesting.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-14-2016, 02:16 AM

Aaheru pouted just slightly. He really did not want to go off the cliff and shifted away just a bit. Not enough to look like he was scared or anything though. After another few seconds, he hooked his weapon on his belt--another thing he stole for the first time today. Wouldn't his dad be proud he thought of it? He eyed the sky and the sun just past its zenith. "I might leave, but only if you indulge me first. I'm sure there's a something I can beat you at and I'm going to find it! So until the sun drops beneath the trees, I'm not leaving. Talk with me!"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-15-2016, 12:15 AM

Ajani blinked several times beginning to think he was having a rather impressive hallucination. But when the lizard was still there and shaking his head also yielded no results. He was left with the realization that this was most definitely happening to him, and he really did have to deal with it. But he was beginning to run out of logical ideas of how.

"Why should I do that? Why would you want to stay?" he asked, beginning to wonder if he just stopping the conversation altogether was the better option. Maybe if the lizard had no one to talking to him, he'd leave.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-15-2016, 03:29 PM

For a second, Aaheru received no response and he couldn't quite understand why. It shouldn't be a hard request. Either agree or not. His lips pursed as he looked at the bird. "Why? I mean, why not? I don't have to have a reason. I just want to!" he exclaimed. He couldn't say he understood his reasons either, but just knew he had some. Nothing like he wanted their people to get along or he wanted to defeat the other clan in battle and gain recognition to become one of the great snake warriors. "I mean, isn't fun okay?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-17-2016, 10:27 PM

Ajani shook his head again, seriously how was this lizard for real. "Don't you have better things to do with your time than bother me?" he asked, "Seriously, they must not have enough jobs for you lizards if you have the time to wander off on your own to bother people you shouldn't be bothering." The disdain was back in his voice, at this point really just trying anything to get the lizard to go away.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-18-2016, 02:55 AM

"Eh...not really," Aaheru started to answer when Ajani continued speaking. The disdain sounded clear in his voice, leaving Aaheru's eyes narrowing once again. He colored vivid oranges and black to match the patterns at the base of his tail. "I don't need you to tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing! This is my task that I've given myself and it's worth spending time on! Now, just give up and play with me." In truth, he had many tasks to do back home, but not one of them important. Why else run off here every chance?

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-19-2016, 02:36 AM

"Yeah well you're interfering with my job," Ajani grumbled, perhaps really sounding more his age than anything else he'd said to the lizard. A definite pout in his voice. "Seriously please leave me alone." he groaned. Seriously, he had better things to deal with or really he could just go back to daydreaming and zoning out as he walked back and forth. That was really the better option.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2016, 10:35 PM

"No I'm not," Aaheru insisted though he clearly was in the way. He didn't have to be. If the dumb bird stopped arguing with him, then they wouldn't have any problems. He waved one hand, motioning for the bird to continue his usual walk. "If you need to patrol, then go ahead. I'm just going to tag a long with you. I swear I won't get in the way at all."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-20-2016, 03:37 AM

"Oh yeah totally not in the way, you'd just annoy the ever living daylights out of me." Ajani groaned, looking over at the lizard with a raised eyebrow "That's not a way of being in the way at all." He voice was cynical as he said this, though he was beginning to deflate as he said this, obviously starting to give in though, since arguing was not getting him anywhere.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 04:52 AM

"Funny since I think you're rather annoying too. But that's fine since I like that." Aaheru crossed his arms and raised one eyebrow, looking somewhere between haughty and challenging. He obviously thought he already won though. And hadn't he? All he needed now was for the bird to just give in, keep walking. If Aaheru did one thing great, it was get what he wanted through any method possible. After a second, he motioned with one arm toward the forest border. "After you."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-20-2016, 05:05 AM

Ajani opened and closed his mouth and couple times before whining one last time, "How are you so weird?" But he started walking as he did so, knowing he'd lost. The lizard was officially more stubborn than he was. And any attempts at convincing him to go away were obviously not going to work. so why even bother. "Ugh, why am I doing this?" he moaned, knowing he'd end up regretting this, somehow.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 07:25 PM

"Same to you," Aaheru huffed. He liked to think he wasn't particularly weird at all. The bird-brained guy was the one who didn't make sense, resisting things that weren't worth resisting in the first place. Aaheru clasped both hands behind his head as he walked, continuing to grin, almost smirking. "Anyway, what's your name? Unless you want me to keep calling you bird-brain forever."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-21-2016, 03:53 AM

Ajani made a brief boys of disgust before sighing and says, "Ajani. What's yours lizard breath?" he asked, as his brain started to try and think of ways to make this encounter work to his advantage. Maybe he could learn more about the lizards and their society. It might be helpful if they ever did have to go to war against them. And if he was gonna be annoyed all day he was gonna at least gain something from it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-21-2016, 10:42 PM

"Aaheru. And you better remember that!" he exclaimed back. Aaheru looked around as he walked, though Ajani still remained the most interesting thing around. The cliffs were abandoned, though beautiful in a haunting, desolate sort of way. Wind created a constant motion; the sun kept it warm and the rocky ground pleasant under his bare feet. The whole dispute over them was stupid, not that he wanted to let the birds win control of the cliffs either. "So do you do this often? Walking around up here, that is. I've got to make sure I can find you again."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-22-2016, 02:02 AM

Ajani rolled his eyes, not at all concerned with remembering Aaheru's name. At his question, Ajani contemplated lying and saying that he was never here, but the lizard would probably keep coming back no matter what he said and discover the truth anyway. "Yeah this is my job. I patrol the cliff, make sure no lizards get into the forest, and that things are safe."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2016, 02:59 AM

"Really now? You're doing a great job with that," Aaheru commented, wheedling at Ajani. After all, he let Aaheru keep coming back, not that he'd accept it any other way. "So like, are you here every day then? Even though there's never anyone to fight with?" Besides himself, the lizards stayed away from the cliffs. It wasn't allowed, which was all the more reason to keep coming. It was like his secret spot.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-26-2016, 12:16 AM

Ajani shrugged, slightly frowning, "You're on the cliff, but you aren't in the trees, and if you were a bigger threat, you wouldn't be on the cliff anymore, simple as that." he said, retaining an unaffected look, not about to give the lizard the satisfaction this time.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-26-2016, 03:18 AM

"That's what you think anyway," Aaheru shrugged back, barely suppressing a wide grin. He didn't want to taunt and sound too cocky, because then it would be a bluff. No, he also wanted to state something like a fact, same as Ajani did. Maybe then it would give him pause. He glanced over, eyeing the bird boy for a second. He didn't even look that strong or impressive, so why did he get to be the cool one here? "You didn't tell me how often you come here, ya know." It could lead to a weakness...maybe. Mostly he wanted to know for future reference.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-27-2016, 03:01 AM

"I think I'll trust my eye for what a trained fighter looks like rather than anything that comes out of your mouth," Ajani said, haughtily. He paused considering Aaheru's question, "And that would very much be on purpose. That is information I really don't need you knowing."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-28-2016, 03:28 AM

Aaheru snorted and rolled his eyes. He could beat Ajani and he would. Just not now. One day, he would regret making so little and Aaheru would be the last surprise he expected. Opening his mouth, he closed it before saying that, ruining that to be surprise. Still, his scaled rippled with color before settling again, his tail curling tighter behind him. "You know I'll find out, right? You don't think I can't figure out your schedule? Maybe I'll come and bother some other guard and then you'll be jealous," he threatened, not realizing just how little of a threat it was. His voice even held a slight growl.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-28-2016, 03:34 AM

"Somehow, I think other guards won't treat you as nicely. They're older than me, and some of them are superior officers. They don't tend to care so much about asking questions or not. And some of them just don't care about the consequences of killing a lizard. So really, go ahead and do that. I don't care, gets you out of my hair." Ajani scoffed. What he was saying was certainly true, most of the superior officers would probably capture him for questioning and the rougher guards would do what Ajani wouldn't because he didn't want to be the reason a war started, which was just to push the lizard off the cliff without a care in the world.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-31-2016, 12:59 AM

Aaheru rolled his eyes. "You're such a stick in the mud," he complained. "I didn't mean that. I mean, duh. I don't want to bother anyone but you because I'm sure you're the most interesting. Those old guys have no style! You may act like a tough guy like them, but I get it. You're not any more of an adult than me!" He nodded his head once with emphasis, though his scales already mellowed out in color. Ajani did care though, even if he said he didn't. Aaheru already decided that and really, that was all that mattered.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 02-04-2016, 10:20 PM

"Seriously, what did I do to deserve this?" Ajani said, this time directing the comment straight at Aaheru. He scoffed, when the lizard tried to compare them to each other based on them both being young. "Maybe I am young, but that doesn't mean my skill level isn't far superior to yours and that's honestly what really matters isn't it?"