Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-07-2017, 04:34 AM

(thank you for your patience. also the ping did not work so I didn't see the new reply)

Amanda and her friends were so close to the student health center when the intercom sounded, and they recognized the headmaster's voice speaking. They halted in their tracks as Amanda's name was said, surprised that the headmaster had heard about their involvement so quickly after the incident.

"I guess we have to go to his office," her friend said. "Or at least, you do Amanda."

"Do you want us to come with you?" her other friend asked, giving her the option of whether she wanted them to tag along or to meet with the headmaster privately.

Amanda thought for a moment, then replied, "Um...come with me?"

And so, the group changed directions, walking through corridors and taking some stairs to the headmaster's office.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Nova_Alchemist: I replied <3

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 01-26-2017, 03:28 AM

Symphony of the Night: i'm so sorry >.<

Vance slowly came to, after all of the hell he had been through, the night before. Not to mention being to sleep by the nurse- but he really couldn't remember that.. The only thing that was different about his appearance was that his eyes her a dark crimson red. The nurse glanced at the boy and smiled as she approached. "Hey there sweetie, do you remember what happened?" She asked him.

He looked up at her, and shook his head. The woman sighed and sat on the edge of the small bed. "You were attacked last night..and I'm afraid you're not human anymore." She said to him in a soft voice.

---

Waiting for the young witch, the headmaster tried to comprehend what the nurse had told him. The students attending the college knew the rules, and the measure of discipline was brought if any rules had been broken. The fight that had taken place last night, shouldn't have even happened- and now he couldn't allow the boy to return home. Not anytime soon anyway.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-26-2017, 04:25 AM

Nova_Alchemist: no worries <3

Amanda knocked on the door of the headmaster's office and waited respectfully for permission before entering. Her heart started pounding out of nervousness. I hope they know what happened and that I am not in trouble, she thought to herself. She glanced at her friends, who nodded encouragingly, before stepping into the office. Amanda was relieved to have such great friends who, she knew, would have her back and be her witnesses in case there was any confusion as to what had happened.

They entered the room and greeted the headmaster.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 02-13-2017, 08:56 PM

Symphony of the Night:

Vance had no idea how to take what he was just told.. "What.." He murmured in a low voice, his voice cracked when shock. The nurse put a hand on his shoulder. "Do not worry, you're safe here." She said to him, making herself kind of sound like a mother.

---

The headmaster greeted the small group of students as they entered his office. "Miss Silvern- " He started to speak, keeping his voice calm yet stern. "It has been brought to my attention that a human boy was attacked last night, by a fledgling, and you stopped it from killing him. First, I wanted to thank you.. for bringing him here. I know how hard it must have been for you Amanda. Second, I wanted to inform you that the human is alive, but no longer human. He'd been turned- and I want you to by the one to watch over him and teach him." He spoke, sitting back in his chair a bit as the honor student took a minute to process his words.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-14-2017, 12:02 AM

Amanda had been nervous that she might get in trouble from the headmaster and was relieved when he started to thank her for stopping the fight. She nodded politely as she listened to the headmaster continue.

What she did not expect was that she would be assigned to watch over and teach the human...or rather...a human finding himself turned into something completely supernatural. She didn't know whether to be worried or to be honored that the headmaster was entrusting her with this responsibility.

"How is he doing?" she asked, trying to buy some more time before she had to respond to his request that she be the appointed mentor and guardian. "We were actually on our way to the student health center to check on him when we heard your announcement over the speaker system."

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 02-14-2017, 01:42 AM

Symphony of the Night: ^~^

The boy was actually taking the news better than most.. Most humans would've flipped out by now- was it because he couldn't remember? The nurse wondered curiously. "Can you remember your name?" She asked him in a soft voice, hoping that he could at least remember that much- the rest would come to him once the shock passed, if it ever did. "Vance.." He murmured quietly. The woman thanked the stars when he spoke and offered him a kind smile.

---

The headmaster sat up slowly, and looked at her. "He seems to showing signs of amnesia, otherwise the boy if fine given the shock he must be in." The man answered calmly. "You and your friends are dismissed, unless you have some questions." He said to her.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-14-2017, 01:56 AM

Amanda and her friends thanked the headmaster and left the office. It was not that they did not have any questions -- in fact, their minds were somewhat in shock by the idea of being the mentors and guardians to this...whatever he was. But, they hoped for the best and all promised to help Amanda with this new responsibility, for which she was extremely thankful.

The clocktower chimed twelve times, indicating that it was noon. By this time, Amanda and the others were all hungry for lunch. So, they decided to stop by the cafeteria again for some food before visiting the stranger who was no longer human.

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 02-18-2017, 10:29 PM

The head nurse was quite curious to how the vampire "virus" was affecting the boy. He didn't seem to react the same as most.. She was growing worried though, as the day continued and the clock chimed twelve times. It was noon, and the boy hadn't eaten anything since arriving. "Vance, are you hungry? I can have my assistant run down to the cafeteria." She said to him. Vance thought for a moment, then shook his head lightly. "I'm not really--" His sentence was cut short when a pain pierced through him and he instinctively reached for where the scar of being attacked was. "Sleep." The head nurse said to him quietly. Once the boy had fallen asleep due to her spell, she left him in the bed and left to tell her assistant he needed something to eat.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-01-2017, 05:24 AM

"Oohh these grapes look really good," Jonas commented as he browsed the fresh fruit section of the cafeteria. He was juggling a huge salad in one hand and an orange juice in the other.

Amanda smiled and agreed. "I love when the seedless grapes are nice and firm and sweet," she replied as she grabbed a fruit cup for herself, adding it to her food tray. She had already ordered some delicious-looking breaded tilapia along with two sides -- some rice with herbs and a mixed vegetable dish. The fruit would serve as a snack or dessert.

The two of them joined Friedrich, who was already on line after just grabbing a kosher sandwich from the deli section and some coffee. As they headed toward an empty table, Friedrich turned slightly and whispered, "Hey, don't look now but there's someone from the health center."

After they had settled down with their food, Amanda and Jonas took turns glancing over their shoulders. Sure enough, one of the nurses, or perhaps a nursing assistant, was grabbing some food and beverage.

"I wonder if he knows anything about the human," Jonas said.

"We should ask him, haha," Friedrich joked. "Nah, that would be a HIPAA violation. We're heading to the health center anyway."

And so, they all agreed not to approach the health center worker and instead chowed down on their delicious lunches and chatted.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-01-2017, 09:40 PM

The nurse's assisstant headed to the cafeteria, like asked to do, and grabbed a sandwich and a drink of the boy in the infirmary. He didn't pay much mind to the group of students that began murmuring quietly- about the human no doubt.. He payed for the lunch, and went ahead and picked something out for himself, before heading back to the nurse's office. He couldn't be long, otherwise the nurse would worry.. and he didn't want to be questioned. When he returned, the nurse awoke the boy once the food was placed a tray next to his bedside.

Groggy, Vance really didn't have an appitite but he needed to eat.. He just kind of stared at the sandwitch, then glanced at the nurse. "You need to eat, it's been quite sometime since you've last eaten- hasn't it?" She spoke softly, then stood and went and sat in her office chair, giving the boy some space. Vance decided to try and eat the lunch that was brought to him.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-23-2017, 02:39 PM

Finally, the three friends finished their lunch and headed to the health center. They walked in and approached the friendly person sitting behind the counter of the front desk.

"What do we say?" Amanda asked her friends as they walked. Jonas and Friedrich looked at each other but did not respond by the time they had reached the counter.

"Hi, my name is Amanda Silvern," she said slightly hesitantly. "The headmaster sent me here to see one of the patients."

"Amanda Silvern," the secretary repeated as he flipped through the schedule. "Oh yes, I did receive a message this morning about you. I'll let them know you're here. For now, you can take a seat."

The secretary picked up the phone and started dialing while Amanda and her friends went to sit down and wait.

---------- Post added 03-23-2017 at 10:39 AM ----------

Nova_Alchemist: sorry for the delay! I just got back from hiatus

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-23-2017, 05:19 PM

salvete: it's alright! welcome back~ ^-^

Vance took his time eating, but ended up finishing pretty quick. Come to think of it..he hadn't eaten since yesterday.

Just as the assistant was entering the office, and the nurse was going to check on the boy, the phone rang. He sighed and answered the phone, telling the woman to let Amanda and her friends in. The nurse had been expecting the student anyway. Then he hung up, and sat down to eat his own lunch.

(short x.x)

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-24-2017, 12:40 AM

Amanda and her friends rose from their chairs when called. "Follow the corridor. It will be the first door on your right," the secretary said before going back to his paperwork.

Amanda didn't know what to expect, but she mustered the courage to knock on the door.

"Come in," called a male voice.

They entered the hospital room to see a nurse and assistant sitting in an office chair eating lunch.

"Hi, my name is Amanda," she said, introducing herself. Her friends also introduced themselves.

Where is the -- Amanda thought before turning to her left and locking eyes with the human. Or rather, what used to be a human. She saw a food tray from the cafeteria next to him, with just an empty sandwich container.

"Hi! The...headmaster sent me here to see you," Amanda said, not knowing the patient's name.

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-24-2017, 02:03 AM

salvete:

The nurse glanced at the group of students when they entered and only offered a kind smile to them. Vance blinked a couple of times when he heard someone come in, and he averted his eyes briefly. He remembered her face.. She was the one..who saved him that night.. The nurse got up and made a slight gesture to the boy.

"I see, so you're going to look after him, then?" She asked curiously.

"His name is Vance, he hadn't quite recovered all of his memories so go easy on him, alright? If you have any questions, I'll be in my office." She said to the students before leaving the room to go back to her office.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-24-2017, 02:39 AM

Amanda nodded as she listened to the nurse. After the nurse had left, she walked closer to the boy and took a seat on a nearby metal chair.

"Hi Vance," she said softly. "My name is Amanda. This is Jonas, and this is Friedrich," she continued, gesturing towards her friends. She waited to see if he would respond.

---------- Post added 03-23-2017 at 10:39 PM ----------

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-24-2017, 02:48 AM

Vance glanced at the girl again as she introduced herself, and her friends and he nodded to them.

"You're..the one who brought me here, right?" He asked in a low murmur, looking at Amanda with crimson eyes. He wasn't trying to threaten her or anything, he was just trying to place where he had seen her. If she was the one from that night, he could thank her for saving his life. He didn't remember much, but he remembered a fight and a girl. A fight he was losing.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-25-2017, 04:26 AM

Amanda nodded and leaned forward as she gazed at Vance. Meanwhile, Jonas and Friedrich each pulled up their own chairs to sit as well.

"Yes," Amanda replied to Vance's inquiry. "How are you feeling?"

As she spoke, her eyes scanned Vance's body to assess where he might have been injured during the fight that night. She knew that humans tended to be more physically fragile than magical creatures, and she wondered whether Vance's wound healing would be improved in his condition of, well, not being human anymore?

---------- Post added 03-25-2017 at 12:26 AM ----------

Nova_Alchemist: I love that our characters have finally gotten to start talking to one another heheh <3

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-25-2017, 06:32 PM

salvete: hehe~ <3

Vance pondered her question for a moment. As of now, he couldn't really tell. He figured the nurse has been taking pretty good care of him, since his arrival.

"That nurse, really knows her stuff." He spoke, in response to her question. But, he still couldn't completely wrap his head around what the nurse had told him. '..I'm afraid you're not human anymore.' He put a hand on his head and stared down at the floor.

"What happens now?" Vance asked aloud, not really expecting an answer.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-25-2017, 07:34 PM

"Well..." Amanda responded, gazing at Vance's crimson eyes. "Okay, where do I start."

She glanced behind her at her friends, took a deep breath, then began.

"Well, Vance, so the headmaster has officially put me in charge of being your mentor. So I will try my best to teach you everything you need to know, okay?

By the way, you are in the school health center right now. I'm not sure if they told you, but we're all undergrad or grad students here. It's sort of like the colleges you have as humans, except...you are at a university for magical beings instead.

My name is Amanda Silvern. I am a hybrid, which means I am descended from the lineage of various species. Specifically, I am part human, witch, and vampire."

"But," her friend Jonas interrupted, "her powers are more powerful than a lot of purebreds'."

Amanda smiled slightly at Jonas for his compliment.

"Anyway," she continued, "there are a lot of vampires at our school. The one who attacked you that night was a fledgling that was newly awakening...meaning he...at least I think it was a he, I'm not sure...meaning he would have had trouble controlling his new thirst for blood."

Friedrich spoke up. "Where was his mentor?"

Amanda had been wondering that too -- after all, each fledgling was paired with an older, wiser vampire who was supposed to be teaching and mentoring them. And making sure they didn't attack humans.

---------- Post added 03-25-2017 at 03:36 PM ----------

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 03-25-2017, 07:56 PM

Vance glanced at Amanda as she spoke, explaining where they were and who she was going to be from this day. If she was going to start being his mentor, how should he address her? The information would've probably overloaded if he hadn't been wondering about his new life. So, this was a college for the magical beings he formerly had no belief in.. He shook his head lightly, and held his head. He had a headache.

"Okay, slowly down-" Vance voiced, quietly. Was this even real? It had to be. He felt too miserable for it to be a dream.

"Does this mean, I can't go home?" He asked, glancing at his newly found mentor. Sure, he wasn't living at home anyway since his parents sent him off to the college here, and he was staying in the dorms- but, not being human usually meant saying goodbye to your life. His family. He wasn't worried about friends, seeing how he really didn't have any to begin with.

"..and, if I'm not human- then what am I?" He asked. Since he didn't take an interest in magical beings, he didn't understand what he had become as of last night.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-25-2017, 09:03 PM

All three of them hushed as Vance started to speak. He was obviously not feeling well about the situation and had lots of questions.

"You can just call me Amanda," the witch-vampire hybrid answered quietly. "You can go home someday, but...not yet, okay? Only after we make sure you are okay and can control your powers."

She waited a moment for this new information to sink in for Vance before continuing. "Oftentimes, fledglings in their newly awakened state will be so thirsty that they bleed their victims dry, and the humans end up dying. And even many humans who get turned after being bit die from their wounds. So you are very fortunate that you seem to be doing relatively okay, that when the fledgling bit you, he turned you into either a vampire or a sort of vampire-human hybrid."

Friedrich chimed in, "We will not be sure yet until your powers start to show."

Jonas added, "But it's pretty great to be a magical creature. It might be a painful process but then you'll be like one of us!"

---------- Post added 03-25-2017 at 05:04 PM ----------

Amanda continued, "And your powers will depend, too. Different people will find themselves having different powers. Some gain the ability to fly, shapeshift...some become stronger."

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 04-01-2017, 07:00 PM

Vance put a hand on his head as the woman in front of him, Amanda, started explaining his situation again- or his 'could be' situation, since no one here knew what would really happen to him. This could happen, or that could happen, but there was really no way of telling this soon. Great. His eyes flickered from their natural color to more of a color of the ruby, which only made his head ache more. Holding his head, he closed his eyes. Part of him was wishing this was some sort of dream/ nightmare, while the other part knew that couldn't be the case.

But, in the mitts of all this, he did piece together that normally students here didn't go out attacking humans. After managing to calm down, he slowly opened his once again blue eyes and sank back into the bed of the infirmary.

"So, is this the part where I get to see the school or..?" He asked, glancing at Amanda curiously. What would they do now that she had explained mostly everything.

salvete:

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 04-02-2017, 03:41 AM

"Well, we should probably check with the nurse first..." Jonas commented in reply to Vance's question. Amanda and Friedrich both agreed. The former stood up and opened the door, peering outside to see where the medical personnel had gone. She found them standing outside nearby and asked them for permission to take Vance around the school to show him the campus.

The nurse and nursing assistant both entered the room again to check on their patient. They checked his vital signs and noted in his chart that his bruises, cuts, and other wounds had been healing at an inhuman speed. They also asked him several questions to make sure that he understood what had happened to him, what medications they had given him to reduce the pain, and that he should return to the health center immediately if he noticed anything strange happening. Then, they had him sign several forms before they gave them the okay.

---------- Post added 04-01-2017 at 11:43 PM ----------

"Okay, follow us," Amanda finally said. The four of them walked through the halls of the health center towards the exit. "We don't usually have human patients here," Amanda explained. "The mentors are usually pretty good at keeping fledglings from attacking humans. But magical beings often injure themselves while practicing new magic or when fighting other magical beings."

Nova_Alchemist:

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-22-2017, 01:16 AM

salvete: ((I am so sorry!! I should've said something sooner >< writer's block hit me hard and I couldn't think of anything as far as 'writing' x0x i think i'm okay now.. if you're willing to continue with me- if not, i can't blame you ^^'))

Vance sat and waited for Amanda to ask the nurse, and for the nurse to finish whatever it was, before he was basically given permission to leave with Amanda and her friends. It was nice to know that he was healing quickly, and that at least his body would recover from the attack. His sanity would probably be questioned later on, when the full change started occurring- but for now, he was in the clear. Once all of it was said and done, the newly turned fledgling nodded to the woman who would be looking after him. He slowly slid off of the small bed and stood on the floor for a moment before thanking the nurse for taking care of him, and following Amanda and her friends to see his new school.

..and home, for the time being.