Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-11-2010, 08:55 PM

This is a private RP between Annalesia and Shmougie. You are more than welcome to read, but don't post.

Plot Summary:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalesia
An abused teenager comes across an abandoned animal on the side of the road, and brings it home. He/She hides the animal from their abusive father, and they grow a bond together, her/she venting to their new friend. Tough, the more their bond grows, the more he/she thinks their bond goes beyond pet and owner. In reality, the animal is a shape shifter sent from a higher entity to protect the teen. There is a group of powerful people who are looking for her. She/He has the power to destroy the world, even if they don't know it.

Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-13-2010, 04:54 PM

Name: Duke
Race: Unknown
Biography: Duke has never known his mother, and is blamed daily for her leaving. He spends hours upon hours brooding over who she was, why she left, and how it was his fault. Though, he could never find much out, and when he was caught his alcoholic father would beat him. Well, that's just one excuse to hit Duke, but if his father wanted to hit him, he would. There was no specific reason why that Duke could think of. Perhaps he isn't good enough? Perhaps he looks like his mother? There's no way to tell, because Duke knows nothing about her. Sometimes, it's even hard to believe that he's related to his father. They look nothing alike, and act nothing alike. Sometimes, Duke doesn't find life worth living.

Shmougie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-13-2010, 05:27 PM

Name: Ulric, second in command of the white knights
Race: Cat
(This is his outfit in his original world. When he's on earth he wears sweatshirts and baggy jeans, because hoods are good for covering his ears and jeans are good to hide his tail.)

Biography:
Although Duke doesn't know it, he and Ulric were childhood friends. Ulric's father was head white knights and bodyguard of Duke's mother, as was his grandfather for his grandmother. The tradition went back in the years farther then anyone could remember, and it was always the females who inherited the power, this was the first time that a male has inherited the gift. THe duty of protecting Duke was going to be Ulric's, but then the war began(Let's say when Duke was 4, and Ulric was 6?), and the kingdom's last hope, Duke, along with Ulric, were sent to another dimension. Ulric wasn't sure what happened, but they were separated, and he spent half of his life trying to find his friend and is now living next to him, seething that he can't help him from his abusive 'father'. It's almost time for the rebellion to take place, and they need their prince! Ulric is fiercely loyal, passionate and serious at most times. He tends to want to nurture things, like hurt animals that he finds on the street, and helps children home that get lost from their parents.

Last edited by Shmougie; 06-13-2010 at 05:58 PM..

Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-14-2010, 04:57 AM

{{I wasn't sure where to start. >.< }}

Duke flew out the back door of his house, the screen connecting with the house wall with a loud thwack, making a sick rhythm with the sound of Duke colliding with the concrete of their back patio. Rolling onto his stomach, he huffed, blood trickling from his cheek. Spitting the coppery liquid onto the searing white stone, and drew in a shaky breath, making his way onto his hands and knees. If he could just make it to the fence gate...his father would never touch him where others could see. The hope of escape urged him on as he pushed off of the ground, his hands on his knees as he made to stand.

His father's foot clashed into Duke's ribs, and he crashed on his back in the grass. Coughing, Duke blinked his eyes against the sun's rays that bit at his pupils. Clenching his eyes shut before opening them, he was prepared for the next kick to hip. Gasping, Duke looked up into the eyes of the demon he was forced to live with, and deal with until he was old enough to move out. He didn't really know what he did to upset his dad this time, but knew that if he didn't accept the consequences, it would only be worse later. If only...he just needed to get out front.

Shmougie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-14-2010, 05:21 AM

((It's all good. ^_^ I hope this is alright~))
Blood.

Ulric could smell it, practically taste it on his tongue, and it truly made him ache inside that he could do nothing to protect his ward. As he exited his back door, he intentionally slammed the screen door, hoping the dumb, filthy human next door could hear it.

"Hey, neighbor, you over there?" He called, his voice light and pleasant, but he was clenching his fists so hard the nails were digging into his palms.

It was just a fence between him and his enemy. He could easily hop over it and tear out his throat in seconds flat.

"No, calm down." he convinced himself, staring at the grass and taking a few deep breaths.

"If so, um, do you have any sugar? I was going to cook something, but I'm fresh out...If you don't mind, can I come borrow some? Or maybe you could bring some?"

Hopefully he could give Duke, if only for a little while, a reprieve from his pain. It was the least he could do for him.

Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 AM

{{More than alright. (: I was giggling the whole time I read it. lol}}

Duke's ears perked at the sound of their neighbor's voice, and he turned towards it, looking at the fence. He couldn't see anything through it, or over it, but he knew that new kid was there. He could hear the muffled sounds of a voice through the pounding of his heartbeat.

His father made a gruff noise, and nudged Duke with his toe, "Get him the damn sugar, idiot, what are you waiting around for?"

"I'm sorry, I thought you had working legs, Sir," glaring up at his father weakly, he refused to be beaten into obediance. Spitting into the grass, he wiped the blood from his chin onto his arm. He then used his arms to push off onto his hands and knees, then slowly make his way to his feet. "I'll be right there," he hollered over at the fence.

Turning away, he limped inside, grabbing the bag of sugar from the cupboard. His father was at his feet, watching Duke's movements as he made his way for the front door. As he left, intending to go over to the neighbors house as an excuse to leave his dad, held him by the scruff of his neck, "You walk straighter, kid. Don't act like such a baby, I barely touched you."

Duke didn't have the strength to pull away from his father, so instead he nodded grimly as he straightened his back, tilting his head up proudly. It took quite a bit of effort to his his limp, but by the time he made it to his neighbor's front door, you couldn't even tell Duke was in pain.

Shmougie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-14-2010, 06:02 AM

While Duke was getting the sugar, Ulric was getting ready. He was rushing and tripping about the kitchen, pulling out bowls and whisks and other things.

"Think, think, what requires sugar that I can cover with? C'mon Ulric, you're a white knight!"

Two broken eggs in the sink and a cracked bowl later, he decided it was sugar cookies. That definitely required sugar, right? After that little conundrum, he walked over to the mirror and fixed a black fedora onto his head, he had to make sure his ears weren't seen by the boy, of course. Sure, he'd probably think he was a freak for wearing a hat in the house, but it was better than thinking he was a freak because he had cat ears.

Ulric just finished googling a sugar cookie recipe when the doorbell to rang. He opened it and put on the brightest, fakest smile he could muster.

"Hey, thanks a lot. Come on in!"

Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-15-2010, 12:54 AM

Duke smiled at the neighbor, the breeze rustling through his sun kissed hair, "Anytime, really. So, what are you cooking?"

As he stepped through the doorway, he sighed in relief as the air conditioning kissed at his skin, slinking through his fingers and slithering around his neck, licking at his ears. Shivers ran down his spine as goosebumps rose along his arms and legs. Though, the delicious feeling only made the taste in Duke's mouth taste all the more bitter. Disgusted, he crinkled his nose as he swallowed the blood.Turning towards the boy, Duke laughed slightly, "You have, um," he touched his cheek with his thumb to let the silver haired man know there was flour on his matching cheek.

Shmougie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 AM

Ulric blinked and tilted his head to the side.

"Huh?" He brought his hand to his cheek and felt the powdery feeling of flour on his cheek. "Oh!" He blushed and chuckled, wiping the flour away.

"Thanks. C'mon." Ulric gestured for Duke to follow him into the kitchen and started to walk.

"Sugar cookies. It's actually my first time, I just thought I should make more in the kitchen then instant noodles and microwave dinners." He could still smell the blood on him, but tried to keep his voice light.It was up to Duke to tell him what was going on.

"So uh....want a drink? How are things going for you?" he let it come out in a hushed breath as he opened the fridge.

Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-16-2010, 02:43 AM

"I'm fine. I wouldn't want to intrude," Duke gave him a polite smile as he put the sugar on the counter, leaning against the wall, his arms folded across his chest, "I know what you mean with the cooking thing, though. I practically live off of food from boxes, microwaveable, and ramen. It's just cheap, so I live with it," he laughed a little, "You do what you can in this darn economy."

Duke hoped that by talking about the other topics, his neighbor wouldn't notice that he'd skipped over the 'how are you' question. What was he supposed to say? 'Oh, I'm fine...other than the fact that I'm trying my best not too limp, which is why I'm leaning against the wall. Blood is currently draining from the inside of my cheek. My father just beat me, and I hate my life. So...how about you?' Yeah...that's nonchalant...

Shmougie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Ulric nodded in affirmation. He didn't really worry about things like that, since he could slip into cat form and hunt for food, but that's not something you mention to people here. He took a couple scoops of sugar from the and put it in a bowl before facing the other boy again.

Anxiety pooled in his stomach, almost enough to make him throw up, and worry graced his features for a moment only to be pushed away by sheer force of will on his part.

"You're not looking so good, buddy." He brought his hand up, all intention of putting it on the other boys forehead.

What he really wanted to do was stroke his face and hold him close and tell him everything was going to be alright. That he wouldn't have to stay here much longer, but none of that would make sense.

...It would probably creep him out, too.
(Sorry I was gone for a bit. >_< )

Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-20-2010, 10:04 PM

{{It's alright hun. I've been working, so I haven't been on much either. Plus, tomorrow I'm heading out to the lake for the day.}}

Duke saw the boy's hand reach out to him, and he nonchalantly turned away, pretending to be looking around the kitchen and through the window. He stepped around his neighbor, making his way to the sink, where his crystalline eyes were dazed, pretending to focus on the backyard. His fingers ran through his sun kissed hair as his other hand rested on the porcelain of the sink, his long eyelashes casting shadows over his cheeks.

"I feel fine. Just a little," he paused, thinking of something that sounded plausible, "hungry. Haven't had anything to eat yet today. I've been working in the backyard."

An odd expression crossed Duke's face as he had a sudden realization, "I apologize, I've completely skipped over my manners." Duke turned from the sink, his hand outstretched, "I am Duke, what's your name?"

Shmougie
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-22-2010, 05:56 AM

Ulric felt his heart sink into his stomach as Duke turned away from him. He put his hand down and clenched it tightly, fighting back the stinging feeling of tears in the back of his eyes.

'Stupid stupid stupid. Just because you've been watching him secretly his whole life, you can't act like you know him! He has no idea who you are. No idea, you fool. Now handle this situation like a true white knight, and stop being so sentimental. Send him on his way.'

Ulric fought the urge to let out a derisive snort. If by 'working in the backyard', he meant getting the crap beaten out of him in the backyard...

But then Duke turned around and introduced himself. Pain once again hit him.

'Stop. Being. Sentimental.'

But no matter what he told himself, it still hurt. He watched him everyday, both from this house, and from Duke's own room when he was in cat-form, and knew him inside and out. In Ulric's life of solitude in this foreign world, this boy-who didn't even know his name-was his closest friend.

"Ulric. My name is Ulric." He held out his hand. "S'nice to meet you, Duke. I could offer you something from my fridge, to make up for you bringing me sugar, if you'd like?"

Annalesia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 PM

Duke shook Ulric's hand, "I'm Duke, and I wouldn't want to intrude. I can pick something up. I was actually planning on getting take-out for my Dad and I. Maybe Chinese," his stomach growled at him at the mention of one of his favorite foods. Cheeks flushed from embarrassment, his arms folded against his chest as he leaned against the kitchen sink.

"The sugar was no problem, really. It's the least I could do as a neighbor. Plus, I was dying to get out of work. It's really hard on me. I'm not really one for physical labor," Duke had to avert his eyes, unsure of whether his irises could keep with the lie, or if they'd give them away. On top of that, Ulric was giving him quite an odd look. Duke wasn't really sure what it meant, but he wasn't very comfortable not knowing.

{{Wait, so Duke already has the cat? And I'm sorry it's such a short post. >.< I wasn't sure what to say.}}