View Poll Results: You put the Sorting Hat on your head. What house are you in?
Gryffindor 4 16.67%
Ravenclaw 8 33.33%
Slytherin 9 37.50%
Hufflepuff 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX
Forever Questioning the Unknown

Old 10-10-2011, 03:00 AM

Evonka nodded watching Alyssa leave and waited patiently for Alyssa com back for her. She perked back up when she finally saw her lovely other-half walk back into the Great Hall, she went and walked up to her--meeting her half the way.

"Ah, you have returned to me, did you remember to go and talk to McGonagall," Evonka questioned curiously, adjusting her with her robe.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-10-2011, 03:03 AM

[COLOR="Black"]"I wanted you to walk with me." Alyssa knew that McGonagall would be fine with letting her drop a class. Especially one that the OWLs wasn't very important to. She linked arms with Eve and sarted to walk to McGonagalls office./COLOR]

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-10-2011, 03:09 AM

"Alrighty, lucky me, I chose no electives because I didn't want any--more time to spend with you without them that is," she spoke softly as they made their way to McGonagall's office. "You now I feel like a total jerk, I didn't remember to swing by and give you a hug and kiss goodnight. Oh well, I'll make up for it right now."

Evonka leaned over and gave Alyssa a soft peck on the cheek as they continued to walk.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-10-2011, 03:20 AM

Alyssa smiled. "Eve, remember my cat who died last year?" Alyssa moved her arm from hooked in Eve's arm to around her waist. "The letter was concerning a cat. Two of them actually."

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 PM

"Yes, I miss the dear little Fluffy. Well, we can definitely set up play dates now for the cats, I'm glad to see you're finally getting another one."

Evonka in turn wrapper her arm around her lover's waist. The two of them continued on walking and were almost to McGonagall's office. Evonka took in the sights and sounds--grinning, just another year at Hogwart's. Still how she yearned to be in the same house as Alyssa.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-10-2011, 01:51 PM

They arrived at the gargoyal in front of McGonagall's office. "Percivil." Whe gargoyle sprung to life, allowing the two of them to go through.

"Professor? I was wondering if I could drop my Divination class."
"Alyssa? You have top marks,why do you want to drop it?"
"Because it's an unreliable branceof magic and has nothing to do with the carrer that I want to do as a Muggle Studies proffesor." Alyssa said her excuseas if she had had it already prepared. She wasn't lying. It was all true.
"Oh, very well." McGonagall then dismissed them, she seemed busy.
Not wanting to intrude any longer, Alyssa thanked the Headmistress and walked out with Eve.
"So, I get my Ancient Runes book and we go to the library?"

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 PM

"Yup, that's the idea. We can start deciphering the wonderful gift I presented you with..it might be ancient magic. I mean I did find it at a shrine, it could have belonged to a powerful priestess," Evonka grinned softly. "So let's go an get your Ancient Runes book."

The two of them turned a sharp corner making their way back to the Gryffindor house.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-10-2011, 08:14 PM

"I can't take you into the common room with me. You know that. I'll leave you at the Fat Lady." Alyssa gave the password and headed up to her Trunk to grab her Ancient Runes book and some fresh parchment. After saying hello to the only person in front of the fireplace, she went back out the door, grabbed Eve's arm and pulled her in a run to the library.

Last edited by xXMCRAngel2107Xx; 10-10-2011 at 11:56 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-10-2011, 11:27 PM

"P-Promise n-not t-to l-laugh?" Cassi asked, taking a deep breath before continuing. "I-I ch-chew on th-the sp-spout. I-It h-helps m-me wh-when I-I'm s-suffering f-from m-my em-emotional l-lability." Honestly, Cassi knew that it was silly, but that didn't stop it from being true. Annie was also the second person Cassi had ever told, as she was afraid of being made fun of. For some reason, the bigger girl didn't seem to be like that though.

Stumbling on her cotton robe several times on the way up to the Divination classroom, Cassi had acquired a glowing, rosy complexion by the time she entered the antiquely furnished room. Tapestries, rugs, and curtains covered pretty much every available space, most of them red in color with thread of gold. Many small tables were arranged on the multi-layered floor, encircled by cushions and padded stools. In short, it had to be the most comfortable room Cassi had ever seen. Even back home, the Divination room hadn't been nearly so decorated.

Looking around in awe, while slightly aware that her mouth was hanging open, Cassi failed to see the professor in front of her, bumping into her before jumping back whilst stammering apologies profusely. The incense from the fire tickled her nose, causing it to wiggle a bit. But as Cassi made to dart around the teacher, she shot out an arm and caught the little girl by the wrist. Cassi squeaked while the teacher forced her palm over, tracing the faint lines that crossed them.

"You're the transfer student?" the teacher asked, eyeing her quizzically. Cassi just nodded fearfully, afraid her voice would crack if she spoke. "And a Pars- ow!" Her exclamation was followed by her whipping her hand back, spotting the small trickle of blood with confusion. But it seemed to have snapped her out of whatever daze she had been in.

"Oh, dear, I'm so sorry for your loss," she said, placing a comforting hand on Cassi's shoulder. Her questioning look was quickly answered though. "Such a painful reaction on my part means that something truly awful will happen to you within a month." Shooing Cassi over to the tables, she went back to the front to address the class, most of whom were staring at Cassi with derision.

Inwardly though, Cassi was relieved. That meant she hadn't noticed that Sparky had bitten her. He was certainly going to get a stern talking to later. Biting people! What had gotten into him? Regardless, Cassi took her seat next to Annie, paying attention to the teacher.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-11-2011, 12:26 AM

(Angelo, I though we could do tea leave read here's a site -->Tea Leaf Reading Pick whatever you like but remember--we have to switch cups afterwards.)

The two of them payed attention to the class when Anniebelle got a second--when the teacher had her back turned she took the chance.

"Cassie, what was the Professor going on about," Anniebelle questioned. "I've also got some simple remedies for your nerves--muggle ways, they're quite nice. I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I've got some other ideas to help your life a bit, too."

She pulled the streak of white hair she had perfectly hidden to show the girl she understood what it was like.

At Anniebelle's last comment Professor Trelawney spoke, looking over at Anniebelle and Cassie, "I take it we have to students rather eager to learn. Alright class, today we will be reading tea leaves, but first the tea in the cups must be drunk. You will all find the tea to your liking rest assured--it's one of my favorites."

Anniebelle stared down at the cup, starting to drink it, the women was right it was rather good

"I know know the rules, Alyssa. I was going to wait, I would go in with you if I ever owned an invisibility cloak," Evonka grinned.

She waited outside of the Gryffindor house, getting eyed curiously by first years heading back to their rooms. It took on a few minutes and Alyssa reappeared. She was then pulled into a bit a run as the two of them headed to the library.

"What's got you all up in a rush now," Evonka questioned, curiously.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-11-2011, 01:06 AM

"I just really want this to be deciphered." She ran into a seventh year Slytherin, except if felt more like a wall.
"What are you doing out?" (lolpink) "Stupid fifth years." He notices the books that they are carrying. "Know-it-alls too, off to the library again?" He then noticed the shiny Prefect badge on Alyssa's robe. "You gonna take points from me?"

Alyssa at last seemed to find her voice. "N..No. Not for something like that.... Come on Eve."

"Or maybe you and your lesbian friend are gonna go have some private time... can I watch? I promise i wont take pictures... Many of them at least."

Alyssa turned red and mumbled, "Come on Eve. Let's go." This Slytherin was much bigger than her. She really didn't want to anger him by saying anything."

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-11-2011, 01:17 AM

Annie's question startled Cassi a bit, so intent she had been, but the advice was just shocking. Being offered assistance certainly wasn't something Cassi was used to. Before she could answer, however, cups of tea were floating about the room to the tables, and Mrs. Trelawney had given them an assignment. She was a bit afraid of actually drinking the tea, as she would undoubtedly make a mess, but regardless, she went about the assignment, following the directions in the book.

She drank the tea slowly, enjoying the rich, spicy taste it offered to her tiny tongue. At the same time, she was aware that about half of what came out of the cup went down around her chin, as her mouth wasn't quite large enough to collect the liquid. Of course, this elicited some snickering from the few students who noticed, though the professor just came by and set some napkins down, eyeing her with compassion. After what had to be at least five minutes, Cassi had drank enough tea to continue.

She stirred what was left three times clockwise. While she waited for it to settle, she grabbed the cloth napkins and wiped off her mouth and chin, looking sheepishly to Annie. In all honesty, she was anticipating the ridicule and laughter that had become the largest constant in her life. Shaking off her anxiety, or at least trying to, Cassi up-ended the cup on the saucer, waiting a few more moments for the liquid to drain away. She had been wondering whether or not to tell Annie about Sparky throughout the process, and so that had become her question, despite the fact she wasn't aware of it.

Waiting for Annie to finish, she managed to resist the urge to read her leaves, fidgeting as she had before.

((The image she gets is a cap, and it's going to happen by tomorrow, so place it where you need to. :)))

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 AM

"Why don't you mind your own business and go back to playing with your chemistry set, oh yeah you don't know what that is or even where to get one, too bad," Evonka grinned. "For your information, she's my girlfriend, I've know her longer than you've had any capability to formulate common sense."

Evonka shoved the boy out of the way to avoid any further confrontation, still holding Alyssa's hand she led the two of them away from the absolutely vulgar Slytherin, then continuing on to the Library.

"Why don't you mind your own business and go back to playing with your chemistry set, oh yeah you don't know what that is or even where to get one, too bad," Evonka grinned. "For your information, she's my girlfriend, I've know her longer than you've had any capability to formulate common sense."

"Now, let's hope we don't run into that fool again, or you're going to be forced into having to deduct points from Hufflepuff," Evonka chuckled.

Anniebelle finished her tea, enjoying the much different taste than the tea she drank at home. She took the same careful steps Cassi took, stirring it, then draining the remaining liquids from the cup.

The tea leaves had settled, leaving an object in the shape of an hourglass. Curious enough, she knew what it meant even with only a glance. She then awaiting for further instruction.

Professor Trelawney had finally piped up, "Alright now, children, switch cups with you partner's, and figure out what the tea leaves say."

Anniebelle nodded passing Cassi her cup, waiting for her to pass her cup.

Last edited by XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX; 10-11-2011 at 01:29 AM..

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-11-2011, 01:32 AM

"Thanks Eve... Hes tossed me around a few times." Alyssa didn't think she was very brave at all. She had no idea why she was even put into Gryffindor. What was it the Sorting Hat said her first year? "Gryffindor are the bravest. Strong and True."

She didn't feel strong at all.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-11-2011, 01:44 AM

"You are very welcome, anything for you and seriously he though we were Lesbians..wow he has been shielded from life, a bit too long, don'tcha think? I guess it's true--ignorance is bliss. If I catch him laying a single finger on you I'll lace his lunch or maybe making him eat slugs," Evonka laughed, coldly.

Bring up the wonderment of why she was a Hufflepuff again, something about backbone and being a hard worker she figure then pushing it back out of her mind, as the two of them finally entered the library. Quick to find a seat the two of them scurried to the back away from the door, so that they would have some peace and quiet. Evonka pulled out a chair for Alyssa and then went and seated herself beside her.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-11-2011, 02:03 AM

Obeying the teacher and passing her cup to Annie, Cassi took the one she proffered, peering intently at the bottom of the porcelain container. The black tea leaves had arranged themselves into a mass of strange, amorphous shapes, but a few stuck out, namely an hourglass. Then she checked it against the book, learning that it meant a decision had to be made.

"I-It s-says th-that a d-decision h-has t-to b-be m-made," Cassi stammered, peering into the cup for any other details. Then suddenly a large mass made sense, almost as if they had suddenly rearranged themselves into a new image. "A-And y-you'll g-get a p-present!" At least, that's what the book told her that the Ace of Diamonds meant.

"A-About y-your a-advice, I-I d-don't th-think i-it'll h-help," she muttered, remembering her new friend's earlier question and advice. "E-Emotional l-lability is-isn't a-a n-nerve i-issue. B-But th-thanks an-anyway! An-And I-I j-just th-think M-Miss T-Trelawney s-saw s-something. Sh-She's a S-Seer, r-right?" In all honesty, Cassi was actually a bit worried about what Annie would think if she knew her friend was a Parselmouth. Apparently that was a big taboo over here in England, not that it wasn't in America. Just not as much.

Waiting for Annie to finish up, Cassi fingered the tassles at the end of her cushion. It was a lot like the ones her father had them use at the table back home. He was Japanese, so it wasn't much of a surprise, and, despite being Pure-blooded, he had grown up basically a Muggle, resulting in a lot of the lifestyle being present in her household. Not as much as a Muggle-born household, but it was still there.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-11-2011, 02:23 AM

Anniebelle nodded taking the cup from Cassi, the tea leaves were finally settling themselves into what looked like a cap.

"Yes, the Professor is a seer. It seems you are to be expecting some trouble ahead," Anniebelle grimace, the poor girl was having enough trouble as is--she had made up her mind to prevent as much trouble as she could. "What I meant earlier when you said you like to chew, I carry around a few spare packs of chewing gum, if you would like some--I would be more than willing to give you a few packs."

She lowered her voice just a bit, "Parsel-tongue, was rumored to be rather special. The Langdon's, which I highly doubt were related to me have had it, but I'm not sure, I do a lot of library and internet research.."

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 AM

"T-Trouble? Th-That's n-not m-much of a-a s-surprise," Cassi responded, frowning as Annie mentioned chewing gum. Then she shook her head a bit. "N-No, th-that w-won't w-work. I-It's n-not s-so m-much ch-chewing a-as i-it i-is b-biting. I-I g-grind m-my t-teeth a-at n-night, s-so I-I g-guess i-it's o-only n-natural." And she did, which is why she needed a pacifier when she went to sleep. It was a cheap alternative to mouth guards. And it was soothing, but that was besides the point.

"D-Does th-that m-mean y-you kn-know?" Cassi asked fearfully, eyes clenched tightly together as she bit down on the knuckle of her middle finger. She didn't want to cry in front of all these people, most of whom would just laugh and tease her, but she couldn't help the tears that started slipping by. "Y-You d-don't h-hate m-me, d-do y-you?" The metallic taste of blood on her tongue alerted her that she may have bit down on the knuckle too hard, but she didn't bother taking it out for longer than it took to ask her second question.

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-11-2011, 03:32 AM

Alyssa sat in silence, looking from the book Eve got her, to he Ancient Runes book. After a whileshe started writingdown letters. "Eve?" She waited until she got her lover's eye contact, "Do you think that I have nerves and bravery?"

Allison was out ofher morning classes.She didn't realize that the time really went that fast.Double potions with the Hufflepuffs was hard work. Wait, Hufflepuffs.... Where was Alyssa's girlfriend? She should have been in potions with her. Remembering that her sister, very much like herself, spent all her time in the library, that's the first place to look. Careful not to fall through the trick stairs, she climbed out of the dungeons and started walking to the library.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-11-2011, 12:41 PM

"Yes, I know Cassi, but I am not bothered a bit by it. I promise you that. You may be different to the others, but you're just Cassi to me. You're the first friend I have tried to make, you're my friend. I don't want you to have to worry so much, I would like to help keep you safe and be someone you could talk to. Everything about you makes you one of a kind, and people know matter the person, will think you should be shunned and punished, but that's not what I think, you're special to me," Annie spoke softly.

"Alyssa, you've an amazing person. You would have to brave to have become head of your house. Nerve, you got an amazing drive to do what's right, and work hard to get good marks," Evonka blushed. "NNo matter what you think you are, I still love you."

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM

Alyssa flushed a bright red,"Thanks Eve." She noticed Alison walking to them. "Eve? Didnt you have a class with the Ravenclaws? My sister's coming."

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-11-2011, 11:12 PM

Relief surged through Cassi as Annie told her she didn't hate her. So powerful was the feeling that she started bawling, tears streaming down her face as she sobbed into Annie's sleeve. Almost immediately, the professor was shooing them out of the room, casting a compassionate, yet sad, look at the back of Cassi's head, obviously believing that Cassi was crying due to something she had seen in the cup.

Wiping her nose with her sleeve, almost impossible to avoid considering how large it was, Cassi stayed right with Annie, rubbing her bleeding, raw knuckle to try and relieve the pain. "H-Honest?" she hiccuped, staring up at Annie with wide, childish eyes. No one had ever said anything like that to her, and it completely blew her mind. "C-Can I-I s-see y-your w-wand? I-I'll sh-show y-you m-mine. Y-You c-can l-learn a-alot a-about a-a p-person b-by wh-what th-their w-wand s-says a-about th-them."

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 AM

"You're welcome, my dear," Evonka grinned. She looked back, somewhat feeling like a cornered mouse, "Low and behold the hawk swoops down and grabs her prey in her claws--dragging her off to double potions, to feast on tare her flesh and feed upon her organs. I'll see you after class--you should probably get to class too, I'll try to get out a few minutes early to wait for you."

Evonka chuckled, kissing her girlfriend good-bye she got up, then heading over to Alison.

"I'm ready for my death march," she chuckled once more, blowing Alyssa a kiss.

"Would you like to use truth serum on me? I'm positive that I wouldn't lie," Anniebelle smiled softly to reassure Cassi. She pulled out her wand, handing it over to Cassi, "Willow with two phoenix feathers, one of a kind--it's the only thing my parents left me, my own wand. Not names, no numbers, just a wand."

xXMCRAngel2107Xx
MCR

Old 10-12-2011, 02:56 AM

Alyssa checked her watch, gathered her books in her bag then followed Eve out of teh library. She was just in time to see Alison be.... well, Alison.

"Where WERE you, Evonka? You werent in potions! That means that Alyssa dodged out of class too." She cast a sharp glare at her sister.

"I'm pretty sure that I can have the librarian write me something."

"With your disregard for the rules, you'd think you would be in Slytherin..." Alison sighed. "Well its afternoon break already."
"Really? Im starved! Eve, you should see what you missed. Im off to eat." She then left her girlfriend to talk with her twin.

XxA_Wistful_InsanityxX

Old 10-12-2011, 03:13 AM

"Figures, Alyssa would leave me with you, Hawk-I mean Alison," she chuckled. "Just kidding, I'm gonna go see what I missed."

Evonka headed to double potions, to see what she missed, and to apologize to the teacher--Mr. Slughorn. When she got there several minutes later, the man had his back turned.

"Nice to see you finally show up Miss. Benton," Mr. Slughorn chirped.

"My apologizes sir, time slipped up on me, I was attempting to decrypt a ancient Egyptian text with my girlfriend, I truly resent missing your class today. IT won't happen again," Evonka assured him.

"Alright, Miss. Benton, don't let it happen again--and as it happens we were just reviewing old content that I'm positive you've mastered because you're such a bright girl. How were you times in Egypt ad Romania," the Professor questioned.

"It's was amazing, I brought my girlfriend and ancient tone in my visits in Egypt," Evonka grinned.

"That's good to hear, you may go, if you'd like."

Evonka nodded, "Thank you, Professor."

Evonka turned, leaving without another word said making her way to the Great Hall for Lunch. She spotted Evonka and set to settle herself beside her.

"I only talked to Slughorn, he let me slip by--I told him how my summer was.