Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletStratholme
I really love your siggy. :)
Ooh. Thank-you! ^o^;;

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 03-16-2007, 07:48 PM

Two things inspire me: music and the roleplay I play with my friend. <3

The music has to be something I like. Something that gets me thinking. It doesn't even have to be in a language I understand.

The roleplay game is where I get the characters I draw from. Sometimes there's a scene we'll write that gets me motivated.

The weird thing is...when I look at really good artists' works...I actually get really discouraged. To the point that I can't draw anything. ^^; Mainly it's because I recognize I can't do anything that amazing...perhaps yet. That's when I resort to writing instead of drawing.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-17-2007, 02:02 PM

I used to feel that way too Torikat. And then, I found out those artists were in my class and I was all, "ah fuckbeans.." =/

But then I find that instead of being all depressed, if I went to talk to them and make friends with them, a lot of the times, the difference between us was that they use this particular method or that for different things I hadn't thought of or for things I got stuck on and usually left out. For me if I don't know how to do something I'd leave it out. The most blatant example of this was when I was younger I couldn't draw hands. They looked like bananas. So, I used to shove hands behind cloth or behindt he character itself or behind say, a sword hilt. But later, one of my friends helped me with this stuff. I think most "artists" are pretty friendly, and of all the people, they would understand the current situtation you're at best. Like for me, my roommate is very incredibly patient with me when I ask him about clay stuff. He's been there, he remembers how frustrating it was, and so he's very nice about explaining, you know? Yes, he's damn good at what he does, he's here on an art scholarship..which...considering how few there are and how good a lot of the other artists here are, is a lot. But...he still takes time out to explain, and I still do things a little different from him but sometimes that's a good thing. We paint differently, but I learn from him and he learns a little from me too you know? :) Everyone has their own style, but if it's ever getting you down, don't hesitate at all to ask about this or that. I know when I try to start watercolors, I'll be pestering Tirael and Luciole a lot. ^^' I know I'll suck a ton at first, but instead of avoiding people that do well in that particular media, I'm gonna ask em...cause that's where I want to go. :)

LunaMiel
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-21-2007, 01:58 PM

• I'm inspired by like... everything, its sad really. Cause I always get soo inspired by like simple words that by the time I start something, something bigger and better has appeared in my head. ;o;

For me commissions are inspiration/motivation killers. ;___;

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-21-2007, 03:55 PM

Well, anything and nothing really =3 if i hear/see/do something that sparks an idea, i instantly get my note book out and scribble it down (you should see me in classes xD when i get an idea, i run for my desk and grab the book and scribble away till im happy with the outcome ;D)

Harkem
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-21-2007, 05:58 PM

day dreaming XD yesss day dreaming!

galy
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-24-2007, 04:01 PM

my inspiration comes from my friends
which i then turn into characters
which i draw for like
2 hours at a time because they're just so radtacularly awesome.

i used to also be really inspired by national geographic too, until my sub ran out D:<. their photography work is amazingggggggggg!!!!! i never like, sat down and drew/painted a photo from there bc i am anti-photo copying for the most part, but the colors omg. the color schemes and patterns from different cultures, so amazing. i love it.