maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 07-11-2012, 03:31 AM

She shrugged his hands off and stepped away. "You could have let me decide... you don't have to always protect me." She felt stifled. She had learned a lot in the last few minutes and felt slightly overwhelmed. The gentle rain outside was a lullaby that didn't fit this scene. She glared at him, angry at him for caring for her so much. She didn't deserve it. Gritting her teeth, she lashed out like she always did when hurt, "Friends trust each other. Friends take care of each other. And friends don't control the other like you tried to control my life. You may not have wanted me to carry that burden, but I did carry it. I just didn't know what it was." Turning, she stalked out into the rain. Mad as hell, she went to cool her heels in a good hike.

Palmoun
I miss it here, send a message t...

Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 AM

Ben stood there, stunned by her words and he could only watch as she left. After a bit, he just stood there and looked down at the ground. He had never meant to control her, he just wanted her to be happy. Looking back out into the rain, he knew that he couldn't just let her go but he also knew that she didn't really want him to go after her right now. Settling down next to he fire, he continue to feed it some wood and then looked at what they had. He had brought clothing and was now glad he did. Laying out the clothing, he hoped it would be enough to cushion the ground and for them to sleep on. Looking out into the rain, he started to get worried and knew he had to find her. Sticking some logs on the fire, he went off to go look for her.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-11-2012, 05:08 AM

She had ended up making a wide circle. Now she was upstream from their cave and sitting on a rock overlooking the swollen creek. Hugging her knees to her chest, she slowly felt her heart rate slow down. It gave her room to think a bit more clearly. She understood he had just wanted her happiness. Some idiot part of him seemed to still want her happiness. What was it about the guy that after all this time allowed him to even have positive thoughts towards her? Resting her forehead on her arms, she sat there listening and feeling the rain around her. How could she go back? It was like admitting defeat or something. Her stubborn self didn't want to deal with the emotional part of seeing him again. Maybe it was shame? Uncertainty? She didn't know.

Palmoun

Old 07-11-2012, 06:08 AM

Ben walked around and was glad that the rain wasn't too bad. He could still see clearly and slowly started to follow what he thought was footprints. After a while he found himself at a creek and hoped she hadn't fallen into it. Looking around, he relaxed when he saw her on a rock. "you do know it is dangerous to be out here by yourself." he said as he walked over to her. "why don't we head back to the cave, it will be warm there and hopefully we won't get sick." he said as he watched her carefully. He knew it probably seemed odd to care for her but to him she was still his childhood friend and some part of him still wanted to care for her after all this time. She was like family too him and no matter what you always cared about family a little bit even though you hardly have spoken to them in years.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-11-2012, 07:38 AM

She looked up at him surprised, and ashamed. Looking down, she slowly stood up and climbed off the rock. Turning she headed back without him. Why the heck was he being so nice to her? It really made no sense. She paused. Then stopped. Might as well wait for the guy. He did come out in the wet weather after her. Turning, she looked back at him and sighed. Yeah, and the sight of him still set her heart beating. It would figure that this would happen to her.

Palmoun

Old 07-12-2012, 02:16 AM

Ben relaxed when she got off the rock and watched her head off. He expected her to run off without him again but this time she stopped. Smiling, he walked over to her, "thanks for waiting, it is better to walk with someone then alone on days like this." he said as he looked at her. "now lets get back before we get sick." he said and started to lead the way.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-12-2012, 07:23 AM

She lifted her head proudly and retorted, "I just don't want you getting lost with that one eye of yours." Still stubborn. She figured that was something she was stuck with. Following him, she wondered how his arm and eye were really doing. That wasn't a gentle landing they had endured. Shrugging it off, she worried instead about their wet clothes. Seeing the cave, she felt some of her gloom intensify. Stuck. That was the only word that came to mind at the sight of their shelter.

Palmoun

Old 07-13-2012, 02:45 AM

Ben smirked when he heard her, "and yet your following the guy with the one eye back to the cave." he said as he lead the way. After a bit, they reached the entrance and he turned to her. Seeing the look on her face, he sighed, "I know it isn't glamorous but just think, we are alive." he said and then headed inside. Sitting down next to the fire, he pointed over to the layer out clothing, "you can have that, I know it isn't exactly as nice as a bed but it should be comfortable." he said as he picked up a bag of peanuts and opened it with his teeth before he started to eat some.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-13-2012, 09:15 AM

She stood there thinking for a moment. Then settled on the ground next to him. "I'm not the injured one. You made the bed. You sleep on the bed. Simple." She looked into the fire purposefully avoiding looking at him. They just weren't friends anymore. There were years of rift between them. She didn't think for a second that it could change. However, that didn't mean that she couldn't be more civil. When they got out of this, then they could part as two strangers that were at least sorta on the same page.

Palmoun

Old 07-15-2012, 05:37 AM

Ben was surprised that she didn't take it but nodded, "fair enough, but you get the blanket." he said and grabbed the blanket. He wrapped it around her shoulders before he layer down on the clothing. He then looked over at her, "so..." he wasn't sure what to talk about, not at all. He wanted to see how her life had turned out, know if she had kids, if she had a good life. But right now, it seemed she wanted nothing to do with him. But he guessed he should of expected that after all these years. "lets get some sleep, we both need it." he said and closed his eye, guessing sleep was better then just sitting there in silence.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-15-2012, 11:58 AM

She looked at him silently, no emotion on her face. It would probably be a long night. She wouldn't get much sleep and she doubted he would be able to either. Not with the injuries he had sustained. She turned to stare at the fire again. Pulling the blanket closer around her, she wondered just what it was about him that made him the way he was. He was also so nice no matter what others said or did. That must be his downfall. Sleeping on the clothes protected him from the chill of the ground. There was still the cold breeze that the storm had created though. She glanced at him again. Would he be okay? His clothes were damp from coming after her. Perhaps she should lay down behind him to help keep him warm? No. She refused. Glaring into the fire, she began listing in her mind every reason she hated him.

Palmoun

Old 07-17-2012, 05:35 PM

Ben stayed laying there and his eyes closed. He knew that he would need sleep but it wouldn't come very easily. With the cold, his wounds and everything he doubt he would be able to sleep. Opening his eyes a bit, he watched her silently. She kept on glaring into the fire and he couldn't help but wonder if he should try to talk to her. Yet he remembered all the times he tried to talk to her after the prom, she wouldn't hear it. Sighing, he turned over so that there was room on the makeshift bed and he was watching the cave wall. She may be his childhood friend that he still cared about but she wanted nothing to deal with him. So he would give that to her, she wouldn't have to worry about him anymore once this was all done.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-18-2012, 12:51 AM

She heard him shift and glanced over. Silly boy. He was never going to get any sleep at this rate. With a sigh, she hesitantly stood up and walked over. Laying down behind him, she pulled her blanket over the both of them. Then gently, she slowly began massaging his neck. Working out the surface muscles before working her way to the deeper layers. If there was one thing she knew, injuries made muscles ache for no apparent reason. And this was something she knew she could do. Besides, he had been nice to her. Might as well return the favor in some aspect or another. Perhaps this would help him fall asleep faster so that come morning he would be more rested.

Palmoun

Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 AM

Ben was relaxing when he heard movement and guessed that Jane was laying down or something. The last thing he expected was for her to lay down with him and cover each other with the blanket. Yet he relaxed and just figured that she wanted to sleep on the clothing rather then the ground. Then he felt her hands on his neck and before he could jump away he found himself leaning into her touch. After a bit he muttered softly, "you can still give the best neck massages ever." he then leaned into her touch more and actually felt a little tired now. The combination of being close to her, tired and the massage made him remember all the good things that she had brought him. "you know this reminds me of the time you gave me a neck massage after I studied for five hours straight."

maidenroseheart

Old 07-18-2012, 05:07 AM

She felt guilt swamp through her. He was just way too nice to her sometimes. "Just shut up and get some sleep," she said quietly. Wrapping an arm around his waist carefully, so as to not jostle him or any injuries he might have, she snuggled into his back and closed her eyes. The bruise in her side was aching really bad but it couldn't be helped. They were warm and going to get through the night. The rain was letting up outside so it should be good weather come sunrise too.

Palmoun

Old 07-19-2012, 03:44 AM

Ben smiled when he heard her, "as you wish." he said softly before closing his eyes. He was surprised to feel her arms around his waist and if he could turn around he would do the same to her. Yet he doubted that laying on his hurt arm would be good. So he settled for just resting a hand on hers. After a few minutes he was fast asleep and dreaming of a movie he liked as a child. It had been a favorite of his but instead of the regular main characters Jane and he were.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-19-2012, 07:43 AM

She woke up to the sound of birds chirping. Struggling to remember why she would be so sore and not in bed, she startled to roll over. A hand on hers stopped her. She paused and blinked, then remembered. Oh yeah. Crash and Ben. This was going to make today awkward. Why didn't she think of the awkward part before she had fallen asleep beside him? Slowly unwinding herself from him, she stiffly got up and stumbled out of the cave. Once out of sight, she wrapped her arms around her chest. Yeah, she was stiff and a lot more sore. That bruise was really throbbing. Stumbling down to the creek, she knelt down and began to splash water on her face.

Palmoun

Old 07-21-2012, 06:21 AM

Ben woke up when he felt movement and someone getting up. Opening his eye, he saw jane leave the cave and sighed. The night had been bare able but he knew they had other things to worry about. Slowly, he got up but when he moved his injured arm he gasped. Looking down at it, he could see it was bleeding threw the cloth. Sighing, he grabbed two shirts from the ground and headed to the creek. He was surprised to see Jane there but stayed silent. Crouching down, he slowly started to unwrap his arm and when he saw his arm anyone would wince. It looked horrible and he knew it would probably only get worse. Slowly he started to wash it with the one shirt. Without looking at her, he asked, "how did you sleep?"

maidenroseheart

Old 07-24-2012, 01:20 PM

Hearing his voice, she paused. How should she answer? It had been filled with nightmares of crashing, but those collided with blissful dreams of them happy together. She wouldn't admit to either as they both touched sensitive areas of her life. So what could she say? How about what everyone automatically said because it was considered polite? "I slept okay..." she splashed her face some more "how about you?" Turning she looked over warily at Ben. Seeing his arm bleeding and mangled was more than ice water to her. Her entire world turned over in that instant. So many had died yesterday. She couldn't handle seeing another dead person. What is more, she couldn't handle it being Ben. She stilled cared about him too. Her mouth had dropped open and she felt herself gasp in horror.

Palmoun

Old 07-25-2012, 04:48 AM

Ben nodded when he heard her and continued to work on his arm. Gently, he started to wash it out and watched as watered down blood ran down his arm along with old blood. When he heard her question he smirked, "slept like the dead but pain woke me up every now and then." he said before he heard her gasp. Looking up when he heard her gasp, he followed her eyes to his arm. He smirked as he continued to wash it, "yeah, it is bad, but I am hoping it won't get worse." he said softly as he finished up cleaning it, "but I have a feeling that it is going to be just as bad as my eye." he said as he ripped up the other shirt he brought and started to wrap his arm up before looking at her with his good eye, "so want to head out soon?" he asked

maidenroseheart

Old 07-26-2012, 02:29 AM

She looked up at him and blinked. Sure she did, but if his arm needed cleaning out, what about his eye? She wasn't going to enjoy this. "Um, Ben, what about your eye? Shouldn't it be cleaned out too? Isn't it more important, being on your head and all?" She felt silly asking. She felt awkward. Yet she was really worried about him and wanted to make sure he was okay.

Palmoun

Old 07-26-2012, 04:46 AM

Ben sighed when he heard her and nodded, "I probably should but I am slightly afraid to see it." he said softly and reached up to the bandage over his eye. Very slowly he started to take the makeshift bandage away from it and soon all of it was off. Looking up at Jane, he gave a weak smile, "how bad does it look?" In truth his eye looked horrible. A nice gash ran across his eye but didn't hit the actual eye. Small cuts, like glass had been thrown at it, surrounded his whole eye and made it look horrible. What made it worse was when you looked at the eye, it looked dead. It was clear that it wasn't going to work anytime soon. "I think when the plane crashed I slammed my face into something, probably the seat in front of me." he said as he waited for her to tell him about it.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-26-2012, 06:42 AM

She felt her face drain of color as she looked at the mess. Swallowing, failing, and then trying again, she got herself steadied. Instead of answering him, she slowly stepped forward until she was standing right in front of him. Looking at it, she hesitantly suggested, "Lay down with your head tilted over the creek. I'll rinse it out for starters." Water. Nothing could be more lifesaving at her disposal that water. And he needed to have something done. It hurt her inside to see the mess it was in.

Palmoun

Old 07-26-2012, 05:49 PM

Ben could tell it was bad when he saw her face start to grow pale. THough when he heard her he nodded, "okay." he said as he slowly layer down and tilted his head over the creek. Looking up at her he smiled a bit, "you don't have to do this if you don't want too. I think I can take care of myself." he said as he looked at her and hoped this didn't make her sick or vomit. THe last thing she needed was to vomit or be sick at all.

maidenroseheart

Old 07-31-2012, 12:19 AM

Clenching her teeth, she pulled the clothe away from him and set in the running stream with a small rock on top so that it would rinse out. Then she used one hand on his neck to support his head while she carefully used her other hand to scoop water up and over his face. Pieces of dried blood, pus, and unknown stuff rinsed off and away. She paused, closed her eyes, and tried to not gag. Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes and determindly kept going. Her stomach was rolling now, but she focused on her task and kept going. Soon it was as clean as it was going to get. Water made everything better. She pulled out the cloth from the stream and felt somewhat happy that it no longer had anything on it. It now would easily work as both a cool compress and a bandage. Handing it to him, she quickly stood and walked away.