Mitsunari
Never gonna take me down.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:40 PM

If i was to write a book it would be teen age book about a girl thats forced to live with her astrange dad. She would move to a small town where she knows no one and would feel alone. The girl would make a friend and they would become close and help each other alot.

She would then have to let this friend go. Because of this she would rethink her life and learn to maybe not forgive her dad compleatle but atleast get along with him. It would make people laugh and also be sad. Thats a simple over view of what i would write if i was to write a book.

RisikaFox
is bored... Amuse me? ^^

Old 09-20-2009, 01:24 AM

If I were capable of formulating an entire plot and executing the writing out of a real story, I'd write fantasy novels because those are my favorite to read. ^^ Unfortunately, although my head is chock full of ideas(I have a LOT of time at work to think), they'll never see the light of day, because I can't even write a decent 3 page essay. xD

Zailynne

Old 09-20-2009, 06:28 AM

I've already written a book, and scattered ideas for 3 or so more stuffed away in my brain somewhere. In fact, the book I've already written (although it isn't any good, in my personal opinion) is printed and bound. And right next to me on my desk. It's great holding it. I'm like... "Whoah I wrote this, mannn"

Soyeah.. My ideas for novels are rather scattered and wide-ranged. One of them is in like current-time setting, with a little bit of magical powers thrown in. Another one is almost medieval, like a fantasy setting but with no magic involved. Another is slightly in the future, and is rather gory and bloody and ew. As you can see, my plot ideas vary. (Even though I can't write very well, in my opinion.)

Let me tell you, NaNoWriMo brings out the best in a writer. I'm planning on writing another novel in November and I can't wait. :)

Kardra
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-20-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
- What kind of book would you write?
I have had a fantasy book dancing in my head for a long time.

Quote:
- What would it be about?
My book would be about a island with its own civilization that is surrounded by a barrier so anyone who sailed onto the island is trapped. The story is about the descendants of one of the island rulers and a wizard who got trapped on the island.

Quote:
- Do you think you'll ever get around to actually doing it?
I think my book would be a free ebook if I ever did finish it. So far it is only a few chapters in a notebook buried under all of my schoolwork.:(

Last edited by Knerd; 09-24-2009 at 05:27 PM..

Featherbrook

Old 09-21-2009, 02:19 AM

Animals. Any animals pretty much. I can't write about anything else. o.o If I were to write a story explaining the details of a simple picture...I'd go insane.

Godlier
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-21-2009, 12:41 PM

If I were to write a book it would be about all the people Ive known in my life and the things they do that define them, kind of like a general psychology book, but in the form of a biography of my life. Ive always thought that if people really knew these people the way I did they would think differently , whether it be good or bad, about them. I just want to open eyes and tell my story the way it really happened, because everyone else seems to always have their own version.

I think I would also write a fiction book about a string of ritualistic murders in a alternate world of mythological creatures. Like if they existed among us and participated in our society.

Majoron
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2009, 11:00 PM

Well, personally I'm a writer by profession and I have three printed books - each of which are no good.

:D

I'm part of a challenge from an organization known as "NaNoWriMo" which stands for National Novel Writing Month. It is a challenge dedicated to writing a 50K word novel in the month of November (30 days) which can be quite the challenge.

I've already begun plotting this years NaNo. It'll either be the sequel to my pride and joy - Bane of Thunder - or an unrelated and atypical novel considering my norm is epic fantasy.

Quote:
A bunch of crackpot superheroes with woefully terrible superpowers trying to save the world. One of my personal favourite powers is super strength while lifting light objects. :P

Quote:
Modern day comedy.

Quote:
Of course! :D This November!

Last edited by Knerd; 09-24-2009 at 05:28 PM..

Mella

Old 09-24-2009, 12:32 AM

Well, if I was to write a book, it would probably be something funny about my friends and I, only, a different race (like elf or vampires or something like that) and then we'd all be in this asylum, it would be pretty freakin awesome.

I'm not sure if I would really write it, but if I did, some awesome publisher would probably LOVE to get his greedy hands on it! lolz XP

God-the-almighty
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-24-2009, 05:26 AM

Well I do have one story that's currently at 38,000 words, that translates to around a hundred pages. I was working on an outline for a series based on that book. It was about Vampires but I started it 4 or 5 yrs ago well before Twilight. I might just develop some other ideas now that Twilight has put Vampre stories into the crapper.

Veltrusen
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-24-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
  • What kind of book would you write?
  • I would write a book filled with random tidbits of information on multiple different subjects.
Quote:
  • What would it be about?
  • It would be about many different subjects.

Quote:
  • Do you think you'll ever get around to actually doing it?
  • I've started on bits and pieces of such a thing, but I've never been able to get everything worked out to put it together fully.

Last edited by Knerd; 09-24-2009 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Coding

Akuma-hime
Mar Mar

Old 09-27-2009, 03:54 AM

well i have an idea but it really long to put here and ive had for about 4 years already since it came to me from a dream....
any ways i think i might write it but when im older because i do not have the skills to write it i suck at english and grammar.lol

Nanami Ugachi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2009, 01:10 PM

I have written a book. I self-published it. It's a collection of short stories that I wrote this past summer while mourning over my mother's death. Surprisingly, a lot of them are pretty happy. Truth-be-told, I get most of my story ideas from roleplays. I never ever steal anyone's characters or anything like that, but I get some good ideas. My favorite short story I wrote was called Zero-Percent Chance of Survival. It's wicked awesome and I liked it so much I'm writing a sequel.

That's not all I wrote though. I have about 8 stories in the works to become novels or novelettes. Three of them are Medieval/Fantasy stories and I think two of them are futuristic and the rest are modern.

ColdRose
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-28-2009, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Fantasy or Romance.
Quote:
Something about some mythical creature.
Quote:
Probably not.

Last edited by Knerd; 09-28-2009 at 05:12 PM..

Shazza
*^_^*
Banned

Old 09-28-2009, 07:47 PM

Well I have a book plan in mind and have began to write it. I am not going to say the exact genre or what I am writing or what I would call it but hopefully one day it will become published and I could elaborate further :D
So technically the only question I can answer there is "Do You Think You'll Ever Get Around To Actually Doing It" and I think the answer is a yes, definate yes.

Erailea
Lost soul

Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 PM

I am writing a book, so I'm not going to tell you the plot XP Makes stealing the idea way to easy.

But it's a fantasy book, not a high fantasy book though. I'm not much into that anymore.

sweet windmelody
Cookies is my life!!!!

Old 12-25-2009, 03:39 AM

I would write fantasy or fairy tales. I would be like all other stories that have a princess and a prince.....and ends with a happily ever after...... Even though I have an idea of what to write if I were to write a book, but I will never get to do it....I got lazy and make up a lot of excuses lol.

Karvo
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Karvo Send a message via MSN to Karvo

Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 AM

A book I've been tossing around a lot was about a girl who has a snake (who's actually this demon thing that hangs around her... but not an evil demon, like a demon/monster in a manga?) and she goes to this cursed village where a boy is haunting it as a Mist Man, because 2 hundred years before the village sacrificed him and his family to the ocean god to save their village, and the boy is seeking revenge. So she tries to save the village and help the mist man to come to peace, but only to find out he isn't a ghost at all, but he cannot die the way humans do... Idk, I'll never get around to writting it, when I do I get bored and leave... D:

But I like writting fictional books.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 12-26-2009, 02:40 PM

I think I would write a story with a meaning behind it, I currently am writing a story at the moment its just taking a while since I have a hard time stringing events together, if you know what I mean? XD

Vaanistia
The Celestrium
Send a message via MSN to Vaanistia

Old 12-26-2009, 10:21 PM

I am currently working on the edits for my novel. it is the first book in a sequence of either nine or ten books and is also the middle part of a past, present and future series I'm working on. my books are fantasy fiction and if there is any love in it, its only hinted and not the entire story. if i were to tell you the entire plot, there would be no point in reading the novel if it gets published. cuz i would tell you in great detail. easiest way is to say that its a cross between Final Fantasy and Lord of the Rings. Lord of the Rings with all the different races and Final Fantasy with all the magic and advance technology. there is alot of gore in my novel and torture. i tried to make my villians, villians. there's even a character thats a villian but has a good motive behind it. (have to read to understand) I'm hoping to have the edits done by the end of January and then have the synopsis done by end of February.
The synopsis is the hardest part of a novel to write. trust me, I've written one and then have to rewrite it for this novel. but, i had a section in the novel where more needed to be written, so i did that and need to edit every thing to make sure it all fits, then i can redue my synopsis. but, condensing 43 chapters into about 5 pages is really hard to do. Good luck to those who are writing and for those who want to but don't think they can, it's easier than u think. just think of something you like and go with it.

Clarise
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2009, 08:32 PM

I've always had this idea for a fantasy book. I started it when I was about 14, that was like 8 years ago. Anyway, I keep starting it, but then I get a better idea or I want to change the plot line or I have these ideas that don't fit into it the way it is currently written. Then I start all over again. I think the farthest I've had it completed it through the first four chapters, or about 25-35 pages in Word. It started out as a Lord of the Rings fanfic that I kept changing until I realized that all I needed to do was change the characters' names and I'd have a completely different story (I messed with their backgrounds and the plot, and I had already all but eliminated some of the characters). I hope I actually get to work on it sometime.

Screams-Of-Death
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-27-2009, 08:35 PM

If I was to write a book it would be a book of my poetry, if I was to write a book it would also be an autobiography, of my life story. If I end up having the career I want to have which is a psychological doctor, for those with ASPD, I would write a story, about my experiences with that, I think it would get published.

I think someday I may publish an autobiography.

SenselessChaos
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 AM

my brother and i are writing a book right now. we spent all of christmas day creating our own planet and its history. it was really cool. its also going to have five main characters in the story. its so complex the way we are going to write it. but i'm really excited to see how its going to turn out. i know my brother will be able to help me focus on writing.

Screams-Of-Death
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenselessChaos View Post
my brother and i are writing a book right now. we spent all of christmas day creating our own planet and its history. it was really cool. its also going to have five main characters in the story. its so complex the way we are going to write it. but i'm really excited to see how its going to turn out. i know my brother will be able to help me focus on writing.
Hopefully, you two have a fun time creating it.

World Of Elegance
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-28-2009, 07:36 PM

Hmm, well, if I ever got around to actually writing a book, it would probably be sci-fi/fantasy and involve mythical creatures, other planets, things like that. Although, like I previously said, getting around to writing something would be the problem, especially maintaining the motivation to finish it. Maybe I should try starting in the center though...