waytothedawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 09:03 PM

I have never read The Host before, but it is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. I got it for my birthday in March, and I always keep saying I'll read it when I get done with this one. Now as soon as I get done with one of my English classes I think I'll actually start to read it.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 PM

I wouldn't say I cried at the end, but I definitely got really close.

Even the second time through, I still can't really like Jared, though.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 11-05-2009, 03:18 AM

I keep trying to reread this book, but stuff keeps getting in the way. I barely remember the plot now haha.

ShiniGoddess
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-05-2009, 04:46 PM

The Host is really great and I can't wait for the next book. And I've seen the preview for the movie that they are making of the Host and it's really great. I'm going to have to say it. Stephenie Meyer has thrown Rowling off the shelves.

pandora duprie

Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 AM

I love The Host, I hope she writes more soon, I love her writing style.

Iced_Kophi

Old 11-08-2009, 06:03 AM

I'm glad the author is considering a sequel or two for the Host. It was an amazing book. I can't really say I'm a fan of Twilight at the moment {I will be once my mom stops obsessing over it. Every owrd out of her mouth is about it.. She says the music I listen to Breaking Benjamin, i.e., should be on Twilight...}, but I did love the Host. I was so sad when it ended.. I wanted the story to continue.. Though I knew if it did it would be kinda like over-kill... T-T

LadyKnightSkye
Now the Mule of Kin-Akari

Old 11-08-2009, 02:31 PM

I haven't finished it, but from what I started, The Host was pretty good.

And yay! Others are amused by the love square!

Honestly though, I'm not a fan of Meyer's work. There is a short story that she wrote that I do love, but I have no drive whatsoever to finish The Host, and the Twilight saga goes from okay to mediocre. I really have to ask what the heck she was on when she wrote Breaking Dawn.

I will say that The Host is worth reading, and is enjoyable.

Angelic Bunny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 PM

The Host was just amazing. ^^
Honestly, I liked it more than the Twilight Saga.
I was crying by the end;it was just so good! :D
(I just finished reading it today, actually)
I really wish that there is going to be a sequel to it.

ulalume47

Old 11-08-2009, 11:19 PM

I read the Host like a week after it came out, I think it's better than Twilight, better written and the characters are just so amazing! I'm really excited about the sequals! XD

ronneh
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 AM

...god no. not here too.

portraitinblack
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-09-2009, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronneh View Post
...god no. not here too.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? :S It seems like you're referring to the thread existing, which isn't really fair. I mean, wouldn't you rather there was one official thread for it rather than a million threads discussing the same thing lamely? And The Host is a lot better than the Twilight Saga.

If you didn't mean anything along those lines, forgive me - it just seemed to be in that sort of direction.

Anyway, I found the Host to be amazing. It showed that Stephenie Meyer can write a lot better than a lot of us gave her credit for; it's not as great as some other pieces of literature out there, but it is a step up from Twilight and it shows people she's not all about ruining vampires like so many claim.

I find it is just a lot more imaginative; it has a way more creative story line, and it seems to have better characters as well. It took me awhile to read it because of the summary of it, but the summary doesn't really do it justice. If there's anyone here who says they don't like sci-fi and therefore haven't checked it out: Check it out. Seriously. I'm not a huge fan of this sort of genre normally, and I loved it.

shadowjinx

Old 12-09-2009, 02:33 AM

Yays~ I didn't know that they were going to make a sequel to this book. And truthfully, I don't think this book gets enough credit... people will read the twilight series and disregard her other books *pouts*

portraitinblack
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowjinx View Post
Yays~ I didn't know that they were going to make a sequel to this book. And truthfully, I don't think this book gets enough credit... people will read the twilight series and disregard her other books *pouts*
Or hear of the Twilight saga and disregard it. I think a lot of that was brought on by herself, though, by not having the first Twilight book at least (though I think the others as well) not run through an editor. (Or so I heard, anyway; it was supposed to be why there was some pretty basic mistakes throughout.) No one is perfect and everyone needs an editor, even if it's just to encourage them.

The Host might also sound like something people wouldn't like; I, for example, didn't want to check it out because of how the description sounded. I finally decided to (needing something new to read) and fell in love with it. It was just a much better, rounded story, with a lot more evident effort put forth.

I didn't know they were already talking about doing a sequel, I only knew that Stephenie Meyer wanted to pursue more books in this series because of the idea being interesting and exciting.

Subconscious_Domain
Subby

Old 12-18-2009, 05:21 AM

Totally love this book. One of my favorite and most read book.
I've read it four times now.

And I'm doing a book review speech thing tomorrow.
I'm really excited about it... but I went way over on the time limit. I love the book so much.

I just can't even express how much I love it.

I also hate how those who hate Twilight won't even give The Host a chance.
It is SO much better in my opinion.
Why is Twilight so big?
The Host should be bigger.

naruto_fan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to naruto_fan

Old 12-18-2009, 05:21 AM

oh man!! i love twilight that is and allways will be my favorite book im going to reread it its romantic and have action my favorite subjects! i wonder if stephenie meyer have any other books! this host thing sound cool i will read when i find it in the library

Last edited by naruto_fan; 12-18-2009 at 05:28 AM..

tacobella

Old 12-20-2009, 02:46 AM

The Host is infinitely better than Twilight. It has a logical plot and developed characters. It's actually written well and it's interesting.

portraitinblack
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-21-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subconscious_Domain View Post
Totally love this book. One of my favorite and most read book.
I've read it four times now.

And I'm doing a book review speech thing tomorrow.
I'm really excited about it... but I went way over on the time limit. I love the book so much.

I just can't even express how much I love it.

I also hate how those who hate Twilight won't even give The Host a chance.
It is SO much better in my opinion.
Why is Twilight so big?
The Host should be bigger.
Good luck on your book review speech, though the date for you doing it has passed. ^^;; The Host should definitely be bigger, because it still has a love story that people can enjoy, while also having a storyline that's not all about that. Twilight is big because of all the built up hype about it. The Host probably hasn't been out long enough, since the hysteria over Twilight started to get really bad just over the last two or so years. Also, many people won't check it out because half of them couldn't get through Twilight with all the grammatical errors because the book was never properly edited.

It's sad, but if The Host becomes a movie, maybe then people will give it a chance. IF the trailer for it doesn't say "from the author who brought you the Twilight Saga."

If they do that, the movie will never get new fans. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobella View Post
The Host is infinitely better than Twilight. It has a logical plot and developed characters. It's actually written well and it's interesting.
Couldn't agree more. I'm sure some fussy people could find flaws in it, but it's still a step up and it shows that Stephenie has a lot of great ideas, if people give her a chance. Though in regards to Twilight, I think at the very least Midnight Sun (the chapters on her website) sounds the best written out of all the books so far. Anyway, I like The Host because it's very different, and the imagery in it is so vivid I can really picture it in my mind perfectly.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:50 AM

Ach. She's coming out with two sequels for this???? The Host ended perfectly with no loose ends for me. What on earth is there left for the woman to keep writing about? How much she wants to reap money from crappy sequels, maybe?

I guess I can't shoot it till I see it though. I hope she doesn't ruin The Host. It's so much better than Twilight can ever dream to be.

Wrenji-chan
I belong in a Museum.

Penpal

Old 01-12-2010, 04:35 PM

Does anyone think the same thing will happen to the Host as what happened to Twilight? I talking about once the movies came out EVERYONE was in love with the book. I'm not saying it's a bad thing to love books, I just think that people with love this book for the wrong reasons... Just because its another book by Stephenie Meyer. All my friends that I told to read the book thought it was about vampires, were really upset that it wasn't and didn't read after the first chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
Ach. She's coming out with two sequels for this???? The Host ended perfectly with no loose ends for me. What on earth is there left for the woman to keep writing about? How much she wants to reap money from crappy sequels, maybe?

I guess I can't shoot it till I see it though. I hope she doesn't ruin The Host. It's so much better than Twilight can ever dream to be.
I totally agree with you. The book ended perfectly - granted it was kind of open ended and I would like to hear more about Ian (<3) - why should she feel the need to write sequels? (besides being a money grabber.)

Itsumou
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-28-2010, 04:55 PM

Melanie Stryder?!
REALLY?
REALLY?
I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'D BE THAT BLATANT WITH A SELF-INSERT.
THAT IS JUST AMAZING.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-28-2010, 07:25 PM

WOW I can't believe I didn't notice that. I feel like a dork OTL

That set aside, if there's a sequel, I hope it's on the same level/better, not like the finale of Twilight.

Taviren
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 PM

When I read the jacket for this book, it made me think it's gonna be an Animorphs rip-off with romance thrown in. I haven't read it yet though and it doesn't look like anyone who has read it in this thread has made any connections to Animorphs. I'll have to read it for myself then.

Thanks @Seiki Nova for the link

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-28-2010, 11:19 PM

I didn't even think of Animorphs until you mentioned it, actually...They're pretty different.