Shishunki
=w=/

Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 PM

I love the anita blake series. Unfortunately I keep having to stop reading every so often cause of college, but I still love them.
I only dislike all the sex that came up. It seems more like smut, I'd rather have more books like the earlier ones in the series. Small intiment moments. Then destorying the bad guys!

:D If it's alright I'd just like to say that my favorite character has to be Asher. Cool sauve, with pain. Who just needs some loving.

Ancasta
(¬º-°)¬

Old 03-22-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silrayn
Continuing the hijack, It's about Damali, a singer, and her band, going out to fight Vampires and assorted demons. They're actually the Vampire Huntress and her Guardians but they've got to pay the bills somehow as well as camouflage themselves. Damali's singing itself is a positive force and ties in with what she's doing. Her destined partner who was supposed to be a Guardian strayed from the path of righteousness and ended up a vampire and some of the troubles come from that. There are also lots of plots to try and produce a Daywalker which will happen if she gets pregnant with a vampire and getting turned is also serious bad mojo for a Vampire Huntress.

Sorry for the continuance of threadjack...
Oooo, now that sounds nifty! Thanks for telling me about it, I'll add it to me "to-buy" list! :D

[/end of thread-hijack, promise]

silrayn
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shishunki
I only dislike all the sex that came up. It seems more like smut, I'd rather have more books like the earlier ones in the series. Small intiment moments. Then destorying the bad guys!
Hear, hear! As someone said in one of the other forums I've been to, it will probably come to a day when Anita has sex with a were-caterpillar in the sewers. I wish the author would get her mind out of the gutter and into more writing consistency but who am I to say. :wink:

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silrayn
Hear, hear! As someone said in one of the other forums I've been to, it will probably come to a day when Anita has sex with a were-caterpillar in the sewers. I wish the author would get her mind out of the gutter and into more writing consistency but who am I to say. :wink:
Wouldn't be surprised. Every kind of thing seems after her. Though not entirely a wonder since she only weighs 105 pounds. :evil: I remember that fact since it seems so insanely unlikely.
Though would want to see what a were-caterpiller would look like. XD That would be odd.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-23-2007, 06:57 PM

I pray they never make it into a movie. I don't want to have friggin Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise doing Jean-Claude.

Jean-Claude and Asher are characters that should live forever in your mind and never be attempted to be solidified in mortals. XD That is how fucking badass they are.

Just like Meredith Gentry, Frost, and Doyle are too awesome to be cast by damn Hollywood, so too, Jean-Claude, Asher, Nathaniel, BelleMorte, you know?

Some things are better in your head. Sex and magic are two of them, and both books are saturated with those.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 03-23-2007, 11:48 PM

:shock: Oh gods! I never thought about people making it into a movie! I so hope they never even consider it!
Oh ScarletStratholme, must you traumitize me with such thoughts. You are right. No Hollywood person could ever truly touch upon the coolness of the characters. I hope they never even try. My heart would break....

Tatiana Celeste
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-24-2007, 02:06 AM

I enjoyed her stuff for a long time, and was pretty supportive until I read Dance Macabre and wanted to spork my eyes out because it was so boring.

I for one dont mind the erotica, but it became repetative and wasnt even that great to begin with and now that mediocre erotica is the majority of the book and the story is non existant I just cant stay interested. At least I can always go back and read the old books :)

Lauryn de Vampyre
Zydrate Addict
Send a message via AIM to Lauryn de Vampyre Send a message via Yahoo to Lauryn de Vampyre

Old 04-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Laurell K. Hamilton is on my top three favorite writers, and she continues to fluxuate between first and second place. I absolutely fell in love with the Anita Blake AND Merry Gentry series but I honestly feel as though she's decided plot means nothing and writing about sex scenes is everything! Now granted, she can write those scenes AMAZINGLY well....but that isn't why I go out and buy her books as fast as I can.

I own Nightseer as well as Strange Candy, which I adored.

Guilty Pleasures and about the next six or seven books are her BEST, because it just seems to go downhill from there.

I remember the DISSAPOINTMENT when I read Dance Macabre and thinking it was going to be a real treat. You get to the end, and I couldn't help but turn the page expecting there to be more...[shakes head]

Windborn

Old 04-05-2007, 03:27 PM

Great stories, wonderful writing in the earlier books... but too much sex in the last few! I miss plots and twists and mysteries, darnit!

Having said that, I do own all the Anita & Merry books and will probably get new ones as they come out!

I met her a few years back ay Dragoncon - have a pic of her using my stuffed dragon to rest her arm on since she was having pain in it from signing too many books! And of course, I have my signed book from that trip!

edit: I think the TV series someone mentioned may be Blood Ties, based on the books of Tanya Huff