veen
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 AM

yeah, that pretty much says it. xDD

currently looking for an easy read [though I realize that varies for everyone] Dx
I'd say tamora pierce, dan brown, sarah dessen would be easy reads x3

erm, a nice, engaging plot with not too many characters, I tend to get lost in those n-n
a sweet love story on the side or something would be cool too xD
I can go either fantasy or not, not too in the mood for sci-fi at the moment though x3

oh, I don't like depressing horror, creepy scary mystery books either
those give me nightmares x-o

erm, yeah, I think that's it. x]

any matches? ;o

violetfaerie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to violetfaerie

Old 04-10-2007, 04:01 AM

Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer... <-------- best fantasy romance minus engaging sex scenes...but enough stuff you'll love Forbidden Vampire/Human/Werewolf Romance ^^b

Ummmm Keturah and Lord Death =333 A sweet "fantasy" tale about how a girl will only avoid Lord Death if she finds someone to love her...an eternal love...even after death =333

Ummm Green Angel is a good one too :/ Uhhhh I'll stop there ^^;

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-10-2007, 04:13 AM

I really think you should check out "Nightlife" by Rob Thurman. If you like that then read the sequel "Moonshine."

It's really good.

http://www.menewsha.com/viewtopic.php?t=1948

veen
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-10-2007, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetfaerie
Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer... <-------- best fantasy romance minus engaging sex scenes...but enough stuff you'll love Forbidden Vampire/Human/Werewolf Romance ^^b

Ummmm Keturah and Lord Death =333 A sweet "fantasy" tale about how a girl will only avoid Lord Death if she finds someone to love her...an eternal love...even after death =333

oo, I'll look up those 1st 2 tomorrow :3nod:
sounds like what I'm looking for xDD

dark secrets: okie dokie, I'll check it tomorrow as well and see which one I decide on :]
I'll probably end up reading all of these xDD

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 04-10-2007, 06:18 AM

Awesome, tell me if you like it or not. :D

wolfgrl13
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-10-2007, 06:47 AM

Oh man I am reading the funniest book ever, Sir Apropos of Nothing, it is hilarious ^^ I sooo recomend it ^^

violetfaerie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to violetfaerie

Old 04-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veen
Quote:

dark secrets: okie dokie, I'll check it tomorrow as well and see which one I decide on :]
Awesome. They are pretty thick books, but well worth the read.

SkyPirate
*^_^*

Old 04-10-2007, 04:01 PM

I found The Hours to be an easy read. It's about three women who live in different time periods but have things in common and eventually you see the connections between them more clearly.
Bridge to Teribithia is good, it's a kids book, but it's a good kids book.
Pride and Prejudice isn't that difficult, and it's all gossip and social problems, it's like a classic soap opera (people try to tell me there's more to it, but I don't see it) :P
The rest of my books are all sci-fi and/or horror.

In the future if you are ever in the mood for a sci-fi horror, read The Invisible Man. It's just SO good... I can't explain it any other way. It's mystery, science, madness, and lots of other good stuff. :P

naruru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-10-2007, 04:06 PM

I recommend these:

-Harry Potter
-Howl's Moving Castle
-A Series of Unfortunate Events
-Charolette's Web
-The Wind in the Willow
-Peter Pan
-Alice in Wonderland <--MUST!!

`sweet intoxication
Send a message via AIM to `sweet intoxication

Old 04-10-2007, 09:10 PM

If you like vampires as well as romance and action I can recommend the Black Dagger brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. Those books are so good. Click teh book and it will take you to teh site for the books. They are well written and have to deal with not to amny characters, but it tends to jump from one set of characters to another.

I also recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. It is really neat as well. I like them both.

KirbehIshCute
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to KirbehIshCute

Old 04-10-2007, 10:35 PM

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Sorry if I spelled her first name wrong. D;

There's a sequel called New Moon as well.

Apologizes if you've read it already. Oh dear. XD! I misread the first post. Oh well, those are good.

If you like memoirs, and comic books, you'll love Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi and the sequel Persepolis 2. The first one is more factual, while the second one is more humorous as it talks about her growing up. :3

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-11-2007, 12:41 AM

If you like Tamora Peirce, read Inda or Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith. She has a series called the Wren series, but I'm not so fond of them.

Molotov21
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2007, 02:17 AM

Dan Brown anything is always a good choice. xD

I recommend Deception Point or Digital Fortress. Both were excellent reads.

veen
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-11-2007, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by veen
Quote:

Awesome. They are pretty thick books, but well worth the read.
darn, I didn't get to go to the library today cause I forgot that my piano lesson had been moved up since my teacher's going on vacation D<

but I shall write them all down and definitely tomorrow! :3

veen
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-11-2007, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPirate
I found The Hours to be an easy read. It's about three women who live in different time periods but have things in common and eventually you see the connections between them more clearly.
Bridge to Teribithia is good, it's a kids book, but it's a good kids book.
Pride and Prejudice isn't that difficult, and it's all gossip and social problems, it's like a classic soap opera (people try to tell me there's more to it, but I don't see it) :P
The rest of my books are all sci-fi and/or horror.

In the future if you are ever in the mood for a sci-fi horror, read The Invisible Man. It's just SO good... I can't explain it any other way. It's mystery, science, madness, and lots of other good stuff. :P
aha, interesting. xD
yeahh, Pride and Prejudice, I've heard a lot of good reviews about that one, just never got around to picking it up, maybe this time eh? :3

I actually think I've read that one before :o
it was a while back though, so don't remember much Dx
I'll re-read it sometime though when I'm in the mood :]

Starshine
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-11-2007, 03:05 AM

I would second The Hours as a great read. Also I would recommend Memoirs of a Geisha as well as Perfume. They have a bit more bite to them, and mixes dark elements into the story, they have also been made into films, so you can read the book and then watch the movie ^_^

veen
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-11-2007, 03:35 AM

naruru: I'm pretty sure I've read just about all of those xDD
other than the wind in the willow :3

sweet intoxication: interesting :o
I can deal with character jumps, chapter to chapter usually? :3
thanks, I'll check that out (:

kirbeh: nope, haven't read those yet, I'll look them over tomorrow~
eh, not too big on memoirs. xDD
but I'll check out the 2nd one, I"m not a big fact person though I'd always love some humor :lol:

tamer: looove Tamora Pierce, I'll definitely take a look at those, thanks :3nod:

Molotov21: I second that, and I own both of those. xDD <3

Starshine: I'll definitely check that out tomorrow then :3
I've read memoirs of a geisha already, as well as seen the movie, that I personally preferred the book myself [as is with most books/movies x]
but I'll take a look at Perfume, thanks~
:]

Pink Colored Pencil
n/a

Old 04-11-2007, 03:39 AM

If you are looking for a easy read try Crown Duel. It is two books in one i found the plot very gripping and the characters exciting the perfect combinaing for a fantastic book. Look into this book I enjoyded it a lot. There is also inkheart it drag a little in the middle but it wraped up nicely in the end it was about a 7/10. There is also Bloody Jack it is different then most books but always wonderfull the second book and the fourth book are the best. I hope you read one of these books :D

Cyzzane
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Cyzzane Send a message via Yahoo to Cyzzane

Old 04-11-2007, 08:05 PM

If you are looking for classics then I very much can recommend Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carol, I loved it as a kid growing up and still have fond memories of it.

Some others would be:
Laurell K Hamilton - Her Anita series, start with Guilty Pleasures and work your way up.
Mary Janice Davidson - Her vampire series, it was funny and a very easy read.
Blaize Clement - Curiosity Killed the Cat Sitter and Duplicity Dogged the Daschund
PC Cast - Oh just about anything. Always a good read.
Mercedes Lackey - I'm really enjoying her Elemental Masters Series, starts with The Gates of Sleep. They are almost retelling of old fairy tales. Also her Valdemar series is a good one as well.
Anne McCaffery - Her Rowan series and pern series are the tops. I've enjoyed most of them. Especially the earlier ones.
Tamora Pierce - I've enjoyed all her books. They are generally easy reads with great storylines.

I could go further off on a tangent but that should be good for a start ^^