Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-13-2007, 01:13 AM

I was just looking at a Livejournal I'm involved in that's in regards to the genius of Sherwood Smith and it's my favorite place online for the sole reason that the author herself posts there often. Anyway, so I was wondering if anyone else on Menewsha has read any of her works?

She's written a lot of stories all based in the same world and she's most famed for her Crown Duel and the short story "Beauty" in the Firebird's first anthology that is about the main character of Crown Duel's daughter. There is another short story being published in the near future about "Beauty"'s brother, but I don't know the details.

She also writes the Wren series (although I'm not such a big fan of those) and the Fox series, with the first book being the only one out entitled Inda. Another book is being published and will be posted on Amazon in a few days entitled Senrid and that I cannot wait for!!!

She's also written a few books that are continuations to the L. Frank Baum books, about the desendencts of Dorothy. I havn't read those, however.

So... Has anyone else read any of her work? Or even read them?

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-14-2007, 10:49 PM

I loved Crown Duel and Court Duel! I could never find anythign else by her in town. Mostly I loved Court Duel. Battle stories don't enthrall me quite as well as culturalization.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-14-2007, 11:49 PM

Sherwood Smith is a very accomplished author.

I love her books a lot.

Thank you for the informations about a new book that is supposed to be coming out ^^.

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 AM

Sychobunny, I couldn't find anything other than Crown Duel in town other than one Wren book which I didn't like very much so I had to get my Borders to order Inda for me and I'm going to be ordering Senrid through Amazon.

And although Inda is about Marloven Hess, a militarstic country, it's really not that much about battles but more about a youth growing up and political problems.

Winterwolfgoddess, I forgot to mention. There's a short story of Sherwood Smith's here: http://coyotewildmag.com/Winter2007/...007_Smith.html

Oh, and The Fox which is the next book in the Inda series is coming out this summer, I believe but not completley sure about it.