kyoshiana
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to kyoshiana Send a message via Yahoo to kyoshiana

Old 08-26-2008, 07:07 AM

when I was really little I loved fairy tales and stories like the ugly duckling and goldilocks and the three bears and thumbelina... I liked wind in the willows too XD... hmm and probably other stories ... and I remember this one book about a little dinosaur who had a birthday? XD bad memory but I didn't want to return it to the library for a long time haha

Q U E E N ! E
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 AM

Growing up, I wasn't read normal books since my parents only read Spanish, and didn't know enough English to get a library card. So I was read Bible Stories by Jehovah's Witnesses, the Spanish edition. My parents didn't start studying until I was four though, so I was mostly told made-up stories by my dad. He tells me he had to make a new one up every night, I didn't want to listen to any of them twice. XD

When I went to school I checked out books like crazy from their library, my favorites being books like Amelia Bedelia, Arthur, the Velvetine Rabbit, etc. I already knew how to read in Spanish, so learning to read in English was easy. Once I started, I couldn't stop reading.

The Stinky Cheeseman and Other Stupid tales was my sisters favorite. I remember checking it out every two weeks and reading it to her. When she started going to school, she checked the book out so much my mom thought she had stolen it.
:yumeh:

Sasha1985
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via Yahoo to Sasha1985

Old 09-03-2008, 08:03 PM

My favorites when I was a kid had to be my Cookie Monster books and my Muppet Babies books lol. But I read a little bit of everything my mom was a book worm and she made me into one too, so I read whatever book fell into my lap.

Dramatica Romanticide
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 AM

When i was really little it was this Minnie Mouse First Day Of School book that i completely forgot baout til now! 0_0
Later on it would become Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, which still holds a special place in my heart ^^

Twethereal
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-05-2008, 03:28 AM

When I was really little my favorite books were No Dragons On My Quilt and Milk and Cookies. Both had to do with dragons and I'm still fascinated with dragon stories to this day. I also remember my mom reading the Chronicles of Narnia to me. I was too little to understand all of it and I don't remember a lot of it (although I'm trying to read them all again), but I do remember The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe fairly clearly and have read it many times since. It's a wonderful book. I guess I was introduced to stories with elements of fantasy from an early age. Fantasy is my favorite genre.

Selmarixie
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-05-2008, 07:48 AM

I loved all kinds of books when I was little. I remember loving Disney books, because I've always been a fan of Disney. (Beauty and The Beast, and The Little Mermaid related story books were my favorites.) I also liked Dogs Don't Wear Sneakers. The rhymes and pictures were great.

Once I started visiting the Elementry school library, I read a lot of Babysitters Club books, but quickly grew out of them. This was before I discovered Alice in Wonderland, and Through The Looking Glass. I'd pick up a bunch of Grimm's Fairy Tales from random sources. I really liked Black Beauty, and the Winnie The Pooh books. (Disney, and original.) And after a while I finally got into the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark series of books, and I really liked The Secret of NIHM, Little House on The Prarie, and Little Women.

Goosebumps books were great, too. Lot's of books I liked, and genre's varried all over the place. x-x; (And still do. And if I'm not mistaken I started Harry Potter in Elementry school. No latter than Middle School.)

Last edited by Selmarixie; 09-05-2008 at 07:55 AM..

smolder
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-07-2008, 02:11 PM

The earliest book that I can remember adoring was Is Your Mama a Llama by Deborah Guarino. <3

Immortaleyes
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Immortaleyes

Old 09-08-2008, 01:00 AM

I remember the Clifford the big red dog books, as well as the Berenstein Bear books...those were the ones I read the most. As well as a Lovely Lock's book that I wish I could find. As well as the disney books with the tapes. Those were my favorites.

Lissi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-09-2008, 11:39 AM

I have 2 favorite series from childhood - Chronicles of Narnia and Wrinkle in Time series by Madeline L'Engle. I read those books over and over. I can't wait for my boys to be old enough to read them. :)

The Huntress

Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 PM

My favorite was Mama Do You Love Me.
=)

shinystarburst

Old 09-11-2008, 04:00 AM

I loved Pocohantas and Peter Pan (the Disney versions).
I also enjoyed Arthur and the Berenstein Bears.

tinyheart83
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-11-2008, 04:04 AM

My favorite books growing up was Black Beauty, Dr Seus, Goosebumps, and Beatrix Potter's books. I absolutely loved those books and would read them over and over.

xXx Garet xXx

Old 09-15-2008, 11:11 PM

It was a book called small pig. The book was one of the books I read everytime I went for allergy shots when I was little and it was about a pig on a farm who got ticked that the farmer's wife cleaned up his mud puddle.

So long story which is really short, short, the pig ends up in cement which he thinks his mud and he get stuck, everyone gathers around the pig and the pig freaks out.

The farmer and his wife rescued the pig and he got his mud back. And for some reason that book was always exciting to me like a roller coaster every time I read it. xD T_T

Syrionia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-21-2008, 09:42 AM

Anything by Jacqueline Wilson won me over, but as a very young child I adored The Very Hungry Caterpillar <3
Oh, and The Tiger Who Came to Tea

Maeru
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-22-2008, 05:54 PM

dude, cloudy with a chance of meatballs all the way. that book was so awesome, its not even okay. seriously, if you get the chance, look it up/read it. you wont regret it XD

kagehikaru
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-27-2008, 08:04 PM

I loved "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" as a kid. Dr. Suess was a genius. I also loved "I'll love you forever". I'd ask mom to read it every night, and she always ended up crying at the end. I started reading with bible stories made for kids though, and one of the best memories I have of when my dad lived with us was sitting on his lap every night and trying to figure out how to read.

When I was in third grade my brother handed me a Boxcar Children book, and that what really got me going with books. I wish I had more of them!

danae249
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-28-2008, 02:50 AM

When I was very young my favourite book was Riki Tiki Tavi by Rudyard Kipling (thought I had no idea of that at the time of course) I just thought that the mongoose was probably the most adorable thing ever and I really really wanted one.

By the time I was able to read books of real substance my favourites were The Secret Garden which I read so often that the edges of the hardcover got worn down, and I also loved The Phantom Tollbooth. I got drawn too both of them oddly enough, by the movies about them. It took me years to find the version of The Secret Garden I had loved as a child. I think it turned out to be the BBC version :).

@ Syrionia: I also adored the very hungry caterpillar! I loved all the Eric Carle books... except for the one about the spider, it freaked me out a bit.

loukhos
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to loukhos

Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 PM

My favorite book when I was little was "the Fairy Rebel" by Lynne Reid Banks.

For the last several years, I was so certain that my memories of that book were all a dream. (I have dreamed of reading stories before, that do not exist. It's an awfully disappointing thing to wake up to.)

But I managed to find it and, it does exist! :'D

The story is cute and light, and maybe I love it all the more because I lost it, but it's stayed with me for most of my life and isn't that what a story should do?

Blue hair and wishes.. (Of course I've loved others the same, but this one I remember the most.)

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 10-22-2008, 08:59 PM

When I was a kid I read Junie B. Jones, The Boxcar Children, The Magic Tree House, Baby Sitters Club, and Nancy Drew.

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-27-2008, 07:24 PM

I forget the series name...but it was about 4 kids, and their teachers were always monsters of some sort. I used to have all of them..

Forbidden_Fruit
Nekkid Mule. : D

Old 10-27-2008, 10:49 PM

my grandma would read the classice disney stories to me. Favorite was Beauty and the Best. : D

Chichi baby b
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 PM

You could seriously read when you were 3 years old? That's pretty exceptional.

My favorite children's book was Serendipity, it was part of a huge series of books with beautiful illustrations and great morals. I think this one was about a unicorn, or a whale or something. There was also a really good one about a 3 legged cat. I made my mom read it to me a hundred times. ^___^

Alfanzo
The Flakey

Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 AM

Ah! The memories! Is Your Momma a Llama? would be my favorite!

Is your momma a llama
I asked my friend Dave
No she is not
Is the answer Dave gave
Something, something, something
She lives in a cave

Ok! Here's the twist! Guess what Dave's mother really is!
Give up? She's a bat!!! I know! Gnarly, right? Anyways, if you have any tots, you gotta read this book to them at least once!

flowerpuff
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 AM

Probably Deltora Quest when i was like 5ish or a little older, it was pretty interesting then, and my Mom read it to me every night.

Indy Lyon
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2008, 05:34 PM

I have loved books since i could remember and was reading by myself at age 3 though i loved to curl up with my mum and have the roald dahl (can't spell it) like Matilda, James and the Giant Peach and The Twits.
My favourite childhood book has to be "East O' the Sun West O' the Moon" it was quite a grown up story but it also has the most beautiful realistic pictures with it.
I started reading "grown-up" books at a young age, e.g. though not my favourite in the series "Clan of the Cave Bear" by Jean. M . Aual has a place in my heart because I was 10 and this was a book for 25+ adults, which started my leaving of the kids books and wandering into the grown-ups fiction.