blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2008, 05:07 AM

My favorite book when I was little was The Going to Bed book by Sandra Boynton. My parents ended up wearing out a copy of it when I was really little because I loved it so much. I love books and reading, I get it from my parents we have shelves full of books at our house. When I got a little older I loved the Babysitter's Little Sister series (in like grade 2) and then I moved onto the Saddle Club series.

fayc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-02-2008, 07:51 PM

Anything by Enid Blyton, which i have many of and Beatrix Potter.
I was also a fan of Deltora Quest ^___^.

heartpoint
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2008, 10:35 PM

mrs. katz and are you my mother.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 11-05-2008, 02:53 AM

@Syrionia: My kindergarten teacher read The Very Hungry Caterpillar to us.

@Maeru: Whoa! I LOVE that book. That's some crazy but tasty weather.

@kagehikaru: I read I'll Love You Forever. That ending is so sad! My sister liked Go, Dog, Go.

@Wynna; I think that's the Black Lagoon series. I never read those books.

@Chichi baby: Yeah. My dad wanted all of us to learn to read as soon as we can. I have my first books in a big bag somewhere around here.

Anyone ever read the Wayside School books?

Last edited by Amane; 11-05-2008 at 03:20 AM..

Allanasha
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Allanasha Send a message via Yahoo to Allanasha

Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 PM

I've been reading ... forever, really, I can't remember when I started reading. However, my all time favorite children's author has to Dr. Seuss. I mean ... He was a genius! I swear, I adore his books.

My favorite has to be Green Eggs and Ham, with Horton Hears a Who, and Horton Lays and Egg a close second and third.

I still read Dr. Seuss when I get the chance, and I'm no longer a kid. *laughs* and I will definitely read them to my children when I have them, whenever that may be.

dark_tenshi17
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-30-2008, 01:40 AM

My favourite story as child as Pussy willow (I believe that was the name) it was about a kitten named after the plant.

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 11-30-2008, 02:06 AM

When I was around eight I read the first book of The Death Gate Cycle called Dragon Wing (Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman) and it's been my favorite ever since. I'd like it even more if the pic of Margaret Weis on the back page wasn't so damn scary/hideous.

A couple of years later I read Elminster - The Making Of A Mage (Ed Greenwood) and loved it thoroughly.

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 11-30-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
When I was around eight I read the first book of The Death Gate Cycle called Dragon Wing (Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman)
Aaahh... I love that series so much!

Marieluna
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-10-2008, 12:25 AM

I loved every tale like, Little Red Riding Hood, 3 little pigs, Hansel and Gretel, etc... Even the disney books of the movies!

But I do have to say one of my fave books was one of the tales of Little Mermaid and it wasnt the Disney one itwas really great and when I read Little Women it became MY FAVE book ever! And to this day, Still love it!!!!!

rachaelade
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-10-2008, 12:27 AM

My favorite book as a child was Snot Stew by Bill Wallace. I wrote him a letter and he actually wrote me back, it was pretty neat. I was so excited when my kiddo brought it home from the library, we've been reading it together.=3

Inverse Sonata
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-10-2008, 01:58 AM

I really liked Le Belle et le Bete. (Forget the accent marks. It's still Beauty and the Beast).
I was majorly into fairy-tales, I still am.
My parents used to read to me so much, I taught myself how to read (or so mum says).
I really liked this story about the Tooth Fairy, about how childrens' teeth turn into stars, a lot as well.

FeyonaSaibre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via MSN to FeyonaSaibre Send a message via Yahoo to FeyonaSaibre

Old 12-10-2008, 07:50 PM

When I was very much younger... I was addicted to "The Secret Garden". It's an amazing story and I love it to this day. I decided that once my child (or children if i'm lucky) gets old enough then I'll start reading a chapter every night before bed until we're done.

tressinx

Old 12-11-2008, 04:48 AM

Oh, I loved the Story of Ferdinand, and...Where The Wild Things Are. But I started reading novels when I was seven or eight, so I didn't read a lot of children's books. But, Rudyard Kipling was incredible; the real story of The Jungle Book, not the disney version. And Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.

I think my favourite children's book might've been The Hobbit, though. I dreamed of living in the shire in a house under a hill with a little round door up until I was twelve or thirteen.

Much simpler times, those!

The Volturis Lover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to The Volturis Lover Send a message via MSN to The Volturis Lover Send a message via Yahoo to The Volturis Lover

Old 12-12-2008, 06:33 PM

I loved to read as a child as well. I liked the Amelia Bedelia books too as well as Babar, Dr. Seuss, and Ramona books. But my favorite was a book I had that was a collection of fairy tales. I used to love reading through them.

leemay
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-12-2008, 09:22 PM

my favorite book was Moorchild by jane yolen

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-14-2008, 04:20 PM

Well, the first series' that I got into were the Boxcar Children, Goosebumps, and... um, that series about the high school that always had the monsters in it. Man, I swear I just knew what they were called. Well, anyway. I read those first, and then I was digging through my closet one day and discovered a set of books by Lloyd Alexander, The Chronicles of Prydain. There began my love affair with fantasy books. Along with those I loved the Chronicles of Narnia, and Harry Potter when it first came out.

LovelygrlBab

Old 12-17-2008, 11:51 PM

My favorite book as a little kid *although I never finished reading it, it was kinda dry for a 4 year old* was The Secret Garden!
I read 1 page every night. After that I loved to read, it's one of my favorite things to do, and no I'm not a book worm. But if you meant childrens book it would have to be.... * i didn't read many* 1 fish 2 fish Red Fish Blue Fish by Dr,Seus or To think I saw it all on Mullberry ST. *my sis still calls me mullberry cuz I used to repeat quotes from the book*

traditionalblasphemy
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to traditionalblasphemy Send a message via Yahoo to traditionalblasphemy

Old 12-21-2008, 04:54 AM

My favorite book as a kid was actually part of a series. It was the Bunnicula series, a set of books about a family with a cat, a dog and a vampire bunny. Eventually a second dog got brought in, a little dachshund that the family cat thought was part were-wolf. The cat, Chester, read books all the time, particularly horror books and what not, so he was always looking for supernatural kind of stuff.

And when he wasn't reading those, he was reading detective stories LOL

lavndrdream
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to lavndrdream

Old 12-21-2008, 05:54 AM

Let's see if I can remember them all:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (to the point I could recite the first five pages by hearts)
Encyclopedia Brown (short mystery types stories)
Ramona (thanks for the reminder Volturis)
And there was this poor tattered older book, I can't remember the title, but I adored the book. It was about a couple of girls who were vacationing with their families off the New England coast.

Th0r/\/y R0$3

Old 12-21-2008, 08:01 PM

my favorite is frog prince i love it .it is so funnf do you like that book well I do

dreamerice
*^_^*

Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM

My favorite books when I was a child were the Dr Seusse books. Hop on Pop, and Fox in socks, and Are you my mother? and 1 fish 2 fish are some I remember best.

Limonite

Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 PM

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!
I remember spilling some kind of lemonade on it, t'was a library book! Took me some time to dry the pages with a hair dryer though...

Neverending Story is also one of my favourites. :D

Tranquilize_er
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-25-2008, 09:50 PM

Oh my goodness yes!!!
I loved a book called 'Kittens with Mittens' or something like that. I would fallasleep to my mom reading it all the time.

garnet_dagger
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-26-2008, 02:25 AM

when I was little I read 'Where the Red Fern Grows' it was such a good book but it was so sad

how about anything disney?

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 01-06-2009 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Accidental double post due to moving posts into thread

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 12-26-2008, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolder View Post
For a kid below three I would reccommend Is Your Mama a Lama? I loved that book when I was little and I still will randomly ask people that. :)

Oh wow, that was my favorite children's book, but I never knew anyone else who had heard of it. I have it memorized (for the most part.)