Blkmage Disaster
The Shadow Thief

Old 10-03-2009, 12:29 AM

I have to say the never ending story. When I watched the Movie for the first time when I was a kid; it got me into books. When I read the book later, I realized they hardly cut anything out, but for some things. Which I was impressed.

The Cheshire Cat
*^_^*

Old 10-03-2009, 01:20 AM

Well, the book I love, is currently being turned into a movie. Alice and Wonderland, of course! (See User name. ^^) Too bad it's coming out next year! Oh well. I can't wait to see what Time Burton's going to do with it! I'm so excited!

Note: I love Time Burton movies. It doesn't hurt that Johnny Deep's in the movie either. Even if he is a orange-headed man who speaks nonsense, and is obsessed with tea! He can pull it off! XD

Scarlett Deny
Heaven's Nemesis
Send a message via MSN to Scarlett Deny

Old 10-03-2009, 04:43 AM

Most definitely "Interview with the Vampire"..
I do not read a lot, however, it was an amazing book and a decent movie.

For those who haven't read it?
It's about a vampire named Louis who tells his life story to a modern-day reporter. In the movie he is played by Brad Pitt - not the greatest of actors, but he does a reasonable job in this role.

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 10-03-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheshire Cat View Post
He can pull it off! XD
Of course he can! He played a mad Willy Wonka, if you'll remember. Me, I'm not sure which of his characters I love better: Jack Sparrow or Gilbert Grape.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 10-04-2009, 06:42 PM

I thought Lord of the Rings did really well at turning the books into a movie. In a movie you could manage to condense the three chapters of pointless description into a thirty second pan across the landscape.

I know it was a made for TV mini-series/TV Movies, but both of the Alex Haley books turned into movies were quite good: Roots and Queen. Though I'm not convinced those really count.

Another movie that was really an excellent conversion was To Kill a Mockingbird. Gregory Peck really nailed Atticus. Another book/movie conversion from the same era was In Cold Blood. In fact, the other Truman Capote conversion that was good was Breakfast at Tiffany's. Both really captured the book.

One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest was also a pretty good conversion from book to movie.

Also, if you like Fight Club's progression from book to movie- another book by Chuck Palaniuk was turned into a movie. Choke. It came out pretty good actually.

Another-Hobo
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-04-2009, 06:43 PM

My favorite book that turned into a movie would have to be Angels & Demons. That was an amazing book, but i haven't seen the movie yet D':

ren55610
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2009, 06:45 PM

the series of unfortunate events!

Macabeak
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2009, 08:39 PM

Pride and Prejudice, hands down! I had tackled that book in 7th grade, closely followed by the BBC mini-series (not the one with Colin Firth), and then re-read the book again... and was in love for life. Obviously, that book has been adapted to movies MANY times, and not always under the same title.

Hmm.... As for other books... One of my favorites was The Golden Compass. I still haven't seen that movie; I'm actually dreading it, especially since they turned it into a more family-friendly thing and apparently have no plans to continue the rest of the trilogy.

As for BEST book-to-movie adaptation I've ever seen.... Lord of the Rings. The movies are just incredible and can also stand up on their own (especially the extended versions).

...oh dear, sorry about the long post. XD

Melaniecat

Old 10-06-2009, 03:23 AM

I know this is going to sound lame, but I think Lord of the Rings was about the best book to movie series that I've ever seen. They kept so much of Tolkein's work true and didn't add a lot of junk that wasn't needed at all. I think the casting was perfect and I look forward to seeing The Hobbit when it's completed and released. I've also heard that Stardust was well done too. I've not read the book but am going to now that I've seen the movie. I'd like to compare it to the book. I think the best book to movie though was Ron Howard's How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I just watched it again the other day and thought that it is the best book to movie that I've seen in years. Jim Carrey was perfect as the Grinch.

Arlequin
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-06-2009, 04:43 AM

Fight Club and Interview with a Vampire are bar far the best as well as my favorite Book to Movies. I thought both were done very well and the scripts just translated the books so nicely. I enjoyed the books and movies equally in both cases.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-06-2009, 05:50 AM

My favorite without a doubt, is Anne Rice's Interview With the Vampire. I think the movie was pretty close to what it was trying to be on, but the Queen of the Damned missed the mark horribly I thought.

ASingingGaijin
Click!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:00 AM

The Inheritance Trilogy. They totally butchered Eragon!!!! IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! I cried at their failure...