Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Ivvy Send a message via Yahoo to Ivvy

Old 06-30-2009, 01:53 PM

hehehe you so should it is an awesome series :) I love it!

anime_lova_xoxo

Old 08-12-2009, 12:25 AM

Anybody read the mortal instruments book trilogy by Cassandra Clare? It's my favourite! Anybody else?

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 08-12-2009, 06:09 PM

by far one of my favorite series ever. :) Glad to know I am not alone there. :)

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 PM

oooOOOOOoo I love this series >D I still have the last book to read (just need to finish my current book).
I read a lot of fantasy novels and it still managed to stay fresh- not to mention hilarious XD

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 08-16-2009, 09:50 PM

Yeah I loved that it was different from the run of the mill fantasy while still being fantasy. >.<

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 PM

So I hear they may be talking about turning the books into a movie. How do you guys feel about that? DO you think they will mess it up like they have so many other amazing books?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-11-2009, 06:38 AM

i have read the first 2... and i kind of don't want to read the 3rd because i don't want it to end haha... it's kinda sad, but true...
anyways... about making the book into a movie... well i think if it's not broke don't fix it... i mean, just look at how the twilight movie turned out... it doesn't do the book justice... i'd hate to see that happen to this series too

ps... i love magnus bane! :love:

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 AM

ah the twilight movie was a huge let down for me. I loved the book but the movie was so forced and inacurate. I adore Magnus as well he is a groovy cat if I say so myself. :)

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-11-2009, 07:55 PM

(still haven't had a chance to read the last book *shakes fist at school work*)

I probably won't see the movie in theatres but maybe one day I'll get it on my netflix.... unless my friends convince me to got to the midnight showing lol This just seems like there is too much in there for there to be a good movie born from it- but ya never know really *shrugs*

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-12-2009, 03:51 AM

Yeah it was so detailed and such I worry they will butcher the characters, Like in Twilight Bella was all sarcastic instead of Edward being the sarcastic one he was so emo like in the movie It made me sad. >.<

SakuraTears

Old 10-12-2009, 03:21 PM

It sounds interesting, I should pick it up sometime!

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Yes you should. It is a rather interesting series with a lot of twists that keep it from getting dull. :)

Remiem
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 PM

I read the first book recently. I thought it was really good and I already have the second book ready to read. I just need to finish a few other books before I start it. ^^ I usually read my books in the order that I get them.

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-13-2009, 10:44 PM

Ahh I really enjoyed the second book. It develops some of the smaller characters from the first book. And I like how the author made the relationships so believable.

Remiem
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2009, 10:55 PM

Yeah, when I got the second book, someone told me that I would come to understand the characters a bit more in this one. I'm excited to read it. :)

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-13-2009, 11:01 PM

For sure the character development is very indepth. :) It was a nice change from the other fantasy books I have read lately. :)

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-14-2009, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivvy View Post
ah the twilight movie was a huge let down for me. I loved the book but the movie was so forced and inacurate. I adore Magnus as well he is a groovy cat if I say so myself. :)
it was indeed a let down... i guess it was mostly cause i can't seem to get over who they picked to play edward... i know all the fan girls out there will be mad i said that... but, it's not what i pictured at all...
anyhoo... back to the topic at hand...'groovy cat' is the perfect term to describe him... i wonder if there is anyone out there who can compare to his groovyness... i mean, come on, rainbow pants and glittered-out hair? this guy really is something else...

@everyone: if a mortal instruments movie does get made, who should play the main characters? any ideas?

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-14-2009, 05:24 AM

I was dissapointed with edward as well.. so I feel you.lol

As for the characters in a movie.. humm I think Kinichi Matsuyama would be a good Magnus Bane. :) He played L in the live action Deathnote series and I think he could pull of the character... I am not sure about the others though.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-14-2009, 08:06 AM

so i looked up kinichi matsuyama and i think you are right about his look... he is pretty close to what i had pictured magnus to look like, although i haven't seen the death note drama so i can't say much about his skills...

i think it's kind of hard to pick anyone to play characters that you like so much, because they are almost real and the idea of someone playing them seems insufficient somehow... just not enough... i dunno... :sweat:

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-14-2009, 10:32 PM

Yeah he has the look I saw in my head, long before I ever knew the guy existed. lol And he was good in deathnote, but I am unsure of how strong his english is. But he pulled off L and that was a very complex and intelligent character. So If he can speak english well then I think he could bring life to magnus. to my imag

And I feel you I have such vivid pictues of them all in my head, and I do not know if they could live up to my imagination.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 AM

yea yea that's exactly how i feel... it's like no matter who it is it won't matter because i'm bound to find something i don't like or that could have been better... i'm just too picky i guess lol...

i was also just wondering, if there was anyone out there, who after reading the first book (city of bones) was left feeling somewhat disappointed that clary and jace were brother and sister... granted i have only read the first 2 books... i just don't want them to be related... and i've come across that sort of 'love' lots in manga... so maybe the author is an otaku too?
haha just thinking out loud here

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-15-2009, 02:30 PM

lol I feel you, and the third book is so twisted their relationship gets way more complicated. As well as other relationships getting twisted up. It made for a real page turner. I was so sad when the book was over. I mean it left me wanting more. :)

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-16-2009, 04:34 AM

it seems almost impossible for their relationship to get more complicated lol ... but i guess i'll have to read to see...
and i also don't want it to end, so i think that is why i keep putting off reading the 3rd book... although i found on the mortal instruments website that there is a 4th book 'city of fallen angels'... it is from simon's point of view and it does take place after the 3rd book... (why it's still called a 'trilogy' i don't know)... it comes out march of next year... i hate waiting!...

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 AM

I've read the entire series and I positively loved it but uh...trying not to spoil anything here...I knew the Jace and Clary thing was coming since the very first book. It was extremely obvious. By the way, isn't it: "The Mortal Instruments" not "His Mortal Instruments"?

Ivvy
Fashionably Late

Penpal

Old 10-16-2009, 06:28 AM

@ Lin a 4th book I need to go to the site and see. :)

@ Ely.. yeah I saw it as well. >.< And My books all say His mortal Instruments on them, so that is what I went by.