opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 06-10-2009, 09:24 AM

Well, generally I don't read the ends of books; it's only if either I don't have time to finish it or I'm really pissed of at the story so far that I take a peek. And I often regret it -.-

Gummiebearsour
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-13-2009, 11:00 PM

Well sometimes, i do,

If its a really good book im dying to read the ending but then stop myself

when its a boring book, i read the ending because i know ill give up on it later so i say 'might as well read it'

Last edited by Gummiebearsour; 06-15-2009 at 11:06 PM..

Lilith W
bookworm

Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 PM

I can't do that. I have to read it in order or I'll just never read it.

whack snack

Old 06-18-2009, 07:48 AM

I do sometimes, but only when I read like a few pages. xD
I can't help it sometimes.
Sometimes you just want to know the last word!
Sometimes it makes me want to read more though, so I can see how it happens. :3

starr111
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 AM

I don't read the ending first. I hate spoilers.

tukel

Old 06-18-2009, 03:57 PM

No i don not read the ending first but I make it a point to read the summary on the back of the book before I buy it or start reading it.
I choose my books from those summary.
I like to have some idea about what the plot is going to be like before start it.

RubySlippers
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-19-2009, 05:29 AM

No way! There were a few books though that I thought about it, but I resisted it.

Adain-chan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Adain-chan

Old 06-19-2009, 08:46 PM

But if you know how it ends then what's the point in reading it? I think I'd get kinda bored and impatient with a book that I already knew how it ended. Half the fun in reading the story is all the suspense, uncertainty, and surprise.

Horo
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-20-2009, 05:52 PM

I don't, but uugghh, do I ever want to..
If I'm in the middle of a series, I just HAVE to find out who gets together in the end and stuff like that, but I don't look..
I found myself asking people if something happens that I really want to happen in the end of the book. In this one girl's expression I saw that what I want to happen in the end does not happen.. So I'm a little upset xD Oh well, apparently that book still has a really good ending..
I freaking hope so! xD At least now I'm not going to have my hopes up for that ending I really wanted.

Hyda
Gamer Chick

Old 06-20-2009, 05:55 PM

I will admit that I have taken a little peek at the end... but that is only if the book is going slow and I need something to keep me reading. Other than that, I usually stick with the books pretty well without looking at the back. xD I am not good with managing my temptations, obviously.

Hypothalamus
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-28-2009, 07:13 PM

i always read the ending of books first, especially if it is a mystery. it seems to undermine the point of reading a mystery at all, but i think it's fun to pick up all the clues while reading that lead to the ending.

Andrea49

Old 06-28-2009, 10:49 PM

Ooh I never do that.. If I'm really concerned about a character, I might read a little ahead to see if they live, but I can't stand it to know the ending. I always go off on my friends when they try to tell me something about a book I want to read... I'll plug my ears and start singing until they shut up :sweat:

Mesmerized
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-03-2009, 02:11 AM

Oh no, never! I don't think I'd ever do that xD I'd hate to spoil it... if I read the end I don't think I'd even bother to read it. The thing that keeps you reading is just to read all hundreds of pages to out find out what happens at the end!

Evermore_112
Loving The Peaceful Crash of Hea...
Send a message via Yahoo to Evermore_112

Old 07-03-2009, 07:11 AM

I did once, a long time ago.
It was a scooby doo mystery novel.
I didn't ever finish the book.
I still remember who the mystery man was.
Ruined my book experience.
Now, I don't even read the little description in the front flap.
Nope. I just read page by page.
I'm too afraid to look in the back.

Gibbzey...x
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-13-2009, 12:51 AM

Well......not exactly. I always,always ALWAYS read the very last page in the book though, just to get a feel for the book (I read the summary too) it gives me an idea whether it will be a weepy or a happy ending, usually. Most people say it ruins the story but I find that it inhances my reading experiance :P lol

kasorin
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 AM

I will start out reading, but if I hit a slow patch, then I turn to the end and read the last few pages, or read a bit about a chapter from the end. It usually makes me want to go back to where I was and read some more, because I want to know how they got to the ending. If it's a book for school, I don't. I just sit and try to get through it as fast as possible so I don't have to read it anymore.

IRayna

Old 07-19-2009, 05:44 PM

I always read the last chapter then I start reading the book...I know it spoils the ending but sometimes I can hold myself back from reading the last chapter...Its a bad habit >_<

skysXtheXlimit
Send a message via Yahoo to skysXtheXlimit

Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 AM

Guilty!
I always read the last page of a book just to get a feel of how the author writes and if I really want to read.
I don't think it spoils the book, just adds to the excitement as I'm reading.
It's not about the destination, but the journey taken after all.

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-22-2009, 01:00 AM

Ugh! I can't stand reading the ends of books! It ruins everything, and makes reading the rest of the book pointless. I myself don't really care how they got there when I know where they are- the fact is that they're there, and that's what counts.

In my opinion, at least. ^w^;;

Usually, I read the back of the book. If the description of the plot interests me, I'll read it.

Jack Friday
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2009, 01:13 AM

I've only done it a few times when the school was involved. After all, i rather don't like being forced to read something with a bad ending. Luckily the few times I did read the ending death was involved, but I haven't done it for a really really long time.

Avendesora
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 PM

I always read the last page first. I dunno why, because I don't know what's going on or who all the persons are. But I guess it's fun to read the last page, try to figure out what it's all about, and then when I've actually finished the book, it's fun to see what my view on the ending was back then. ^^

redbunny13
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2009, 05:02 PM

No, I don't like to spoil the ending. I like to be surprised! :D

WitchySanura
Egyptian Kitten

Old 07-23-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I used to do that when I was little, but it tended to be when I was half-way through the book and couldn't bear not knowing anymore. XD I managed to stop when I was eleven or so, though, it took so much fun out of reading the book!
lol I did that when I was younger too but since then I have learned patience XD I don't like to do it anymore since it does tend to spoil the surprise of it all and I've had over eager friends, or random people online who don't use spoilers, give away endings and I was EXTREMELY upset with them. But on the flip side I sometimes pester them to make sure the couple gets together or the hero doesn't die but just because I'm at an extremely stressful point in the book lol. Mostly though these days I don't even think to read the last few chapters though. It doesn't really cross my mind to do it *shrugs*

LunaLov
Luna

Old 07-23-2009, 09:57 PM

I never read the ending of the book first! That would totally give away the whole book for me and I'd never want to do that. I'm the type of person that loves trying to live in the plot with the main characters and figure out the mystery on my own as they are figuring it out. If I knew the answer to the puzzle and who died and everything already then it would suck the excitement out of the book for me.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to DelilahHeart Send a message via Yahoo to DelilahHeart

Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM

I have done that a couple times but I'll do it when a book is really frustrating me. In generally I don't do it because I enjoy the surprise and you can never really tell if the ending is 'good' if you haven't read the contents of it.

By good ending I mean, fit for the book, not necessarily a happy ending where everyone goes and lives happily ever after because that's not really seen in real life.

@Avendesora: That's an interesting concept about looking at the end of the book. I usually remember the ending so it wouldn't work for me and it would get spoiled halfway through and I wouldn't read the entire thing.