up on my elbows or something
Or I lay on my side facing one
direction or the other

I never read on my back and
I dislike reading while upright

bex
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 PM

I typically read on my bed. When I start reading I'm usually there for several hours and my position changes periodically to whatever feels comfortable at the time. I always have my TV on while reading but the volume is extremely soft so it doesn't distract me.

Gibbzey...x
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 07-12-2009, 01:15 AM

I like to be lying down n bed reading, I like tea and I have to be in pure silence to concentrate at first otherwise I can't get into the book, if I have been reading then someone could come in listening to music or turn on the TV and I wouldn't notice (though why would they want to come in my room listening to music or wanting to watch TV anyway?)

JeSsIcAtMeOwW
ROMA ROMA MA
Send a message via MSN to JeSsIcAtMeOwW

Old 07-19-2009, 02:50 AM

Lol, how I read. xD Well I flip and flop around switching positions till I'm comfortable. Then, once I'm comfy I'll stick like that for 10-30 minutes. Then I flop and flip till I get a new position.

I go from lying down, to sitting up on my bed, to leaning against bear, to lounging on my side, to sitting in a comfy chair, to hanging almost upside down in the chair, to etc etc etc.

Oh, reading, how I love you. <3

fmbailey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-19-2009, 04:46 AM

I read a lot laying down but when I'm not it's usually with a fresh mug of coffee or tea and almost always in silence. I get distracted too easily if there's music or a TV on in the background.

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-19-2009, 06:38 PM

I like to read just about anywhere, but my ideal position is on my bed with some background noise. I only read with food if I'm having lunch alone. I always carry a book with me XD

HolliePocket

Old 07-20-2009, 05:55 PM

Late at night after everyone else is asleep, curled up in a chair in the living room.
Either that or I spread a quilt out in the backyard and read and nap if the weather is nice!

Thomas October
Bishounen *sparkle*
Send a message via AIM to Thomas October Send a message via MSN to Thomas October

Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 AM

Well, usually when I read I'm sitting... mainly in some slouched posture, with the book spread in front of me. I usually need some type of constant noise while reading... music or a crowd, usually. I occasionally like drinks. Tea, juice, coffee, it doesn't matter. Whatever I'm in the mood for. I also like to take breaks every now and then... to stretch or something, or refill my drink. :)

JessiFlakes
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 AM

For me, it depends where I am. I never used to read at home. When I was in high school, I'd read during class or whatever, bent over, literally "Nose in the book" with an expression equal to = O.O

Nowadays, when I read, I'm in my room usually, or on a bus or something. When I'm in my room, I'm lying down on my bed, but usually end up sitting up one way or another. I tend to talk to the book too. Yell at the characters and such. *laughs* I do the same with television usually too, but I get more into it with the books.
Then again, I tend to move around a lot into different positions when I read without realizing it. I'll start lying back on my bed, book in the air... then move so my feet are against the wall behind my headboard, book in the air... then do a complete 180 and end up sitting with book in my lap... and then I end up lying on my stomach book on the bed. That's usually how it happens. *laughs again*

As for noise and such, I tune everything out when I'm reading. It's easier when I'm into what I'm reading too. xD Though, whenever I'm in my room, I ALWAYS have music on. Otherwise it's waaaaaaaay too quiet in there. (my room is in the finished basement.)
I don't usually eat or drink when I read because I don't want to "hurt" the book. lol.

Jack Friday
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2009, 01:50 AM

I can read anywhere, so long as Im able to absorb myself into the book. Normally for these summer days I just hang out sitting or laying down on my bed switching position about every chapter depending on the size of the book. I listen to music, but it's at a noise level that is easily blocked out and I only chose music that fits the tone of the book itself. Often times if there is only a song and not a cd that fits the story, then I leave it on repeat. Half the time I forget that it is on repeat or that it is even playing until i set the book down.

Avendesora
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-22-2009, 07:13 PM

I like reading books when there's complete silence around me. That way I can concentrate 100% on the book, and really live myself into it. Though, I don't mind a little background noise. And I prefer reading early in the morning, or late at night in my bed, because no one'll disturd me while I'm reading. When it's summer, I usually go to a park to read. I love lying on the grass with the sun way above me, listening to the birds in the trees, and splashing of the fountain nearby while I'm reading. It's just so... relaxing.

But the way I read also depends on the book. Fx. I like to be outside when I read fantasy, and I prefer to read at night in my bed when I read crime, or the more darker side of fantasy.

Last edited by Avendesora; 07-22-2009 at 07:23 PM..

AyaNinja

Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 PM

Hmm,I tend to read somewhere where i'll be warm and have a drink close by. Like in bed with a mug of coffee, in the garden on a hot day with a glass of ice cold juice~
The only things i'll eat while reading are chewy sweets or even better, chewing gum. xD;

I find it hard to read on public transport, the noise around me distracts me and I end up reading the same line over and over untill I give up reading :I
Also if i'm on a train, listening to music. I notice if there are people next to me, they look over my shoulder to have a nosy at what im reading..or trying to read xD

redbunny13
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKnightHawk View Post
I like to read just about anywhere, but my ideal position is on my bed with some background noise. I only read with food if I'm having lunch alone. I always carry a book with me XD
That's how I am! I usually open a bag of chips or eat an apple, because I need to move when I'm reading something, if I don't then I'll doze off.

WitchySanura
Egyptian Kitten

Old 07-23-2009, 05:19 PM

lol The first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread was "Front to back?" lol but no, I prefer sitting up although since I can't seem to put a book down till I'm done with it I usually end up lying down by the end of it lol. And any outside noise is really distracting to me. I can sometimes tune it out but if it's too loud, like a tv or music or something the lyrics or dialog starts getting mixed up in my head with the words from the book I'm reading. I'll end up reading it under my breath to myself if I can't get away from noise.

LunaLov
Luna

Old 07-23-2009, 09:44 PM

It really depends but I usually enjoy reading while sitting. I like eating some form of candy when I'm eating, but never any chocolate or toffee or something mess like that. I usually like to eat sour candy while reading, or M&M's those are just perfect when reading. I like reading with the whole room lit up so there's excellent visibility, and I either prefer really quite music or no music at all.

Jencute
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-28-2009, 02:50 AM

Umm.... It probably depends on what kind of book it is, and my mood, but I prefer lying down when reading books . It makes me feel more comfy than sitting up, but when I sit up it helps me see the words better : 3... I'd also say lying down, and crossing legs, while reading, ISH awesome =3.
I like NO distractions, I totally forget what I was reading.. but I don't mind if there's some music ^^". I love sour candies!! <3 I don't drink coffee when reading :\ , I probably just get a bottle of water or something, or soda. Hehe.

Last edited by Jencute; 07-29-2009 at 03:29 AM..

Oscar the Wild
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-01-2009, 09:14 PM

I like reading books while curled up in my bed without any distractions.

KaitieLuvsTwilight
Banned

Old 08-01-2009, 11:23 PM

all of the above. i'm impatient and restless, so i constantly swich positions. i never find one position where i'm completely comfortable, so i'm constantly tying to get comfortable. but i don't usually read while i'm just standing there either. i like to sit on a couch or bed or the floor, or lay on my bed or couch, but never stand. i always need some backround music in my room before i get into the story. it just feels to quiet without. eating is a distraction, i never eat and read. i talk to my book, as some others do, like when they make a wrong decision i'm all "WHY?!" and stuff like that. same with tv. or i will laugh out loud at something in the story. twilight is my obsession, and in new moon i got really ticked off at edward! and i hated jacob in eclipse, but if you havn't read twilight you don't know what i'm talking about. so i should shut up now. lol but yeah that sort of thing. ;D i dont read in cars or buses or on any moving vehicle, i get car sick if i do. o and i dont read on the tread mill either. same reason.

Last edited by KaitieLuvsTwilight; 08-01-2009 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: i forgot to put some stuff in it

[x] random llama [x]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-02-2009, 01:00 AM

I like to read on my long train trips to school and home. It helps me ignore everyone around me and the trip goes by a lot faster.

I tend to find that if i have my MP3 player on while I'm reading, i get distracted very easily and end up putting the book aside to listen to the music.

I also like to take long baths and read, Because it's so quite and most times i don't get interrupted. Until someone else decides they want a shower or something. :roll:

Bane Rie
The Mad Writer
Send a message via MSN to Bane Rie Send a message via Yahoo to Bane Rie

Old 08-02-2009, 01:17 AM

I have a bunk bed in my room, which is where I usually read, so I usually do one of three things:

1) I lay on my stomach and hold the book in front of my face in the bottom bunk.
2) I lay on my back while sitting up a but on my pillows, bend my legs, fold one leg over the other, and lean the book against my legs.
3) Sit on the top bunk cross legged with the book on my lap and my back to the wall.

If I'm reading outside of my room, I usually sit with one leg crossed over the other and rest the book on that or lay it/prop it on a table.

Java Jenna
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-02-2009, 04:20 AM

Sitting.
Sometimes with a bottle of water.

iiJuiceBoxii

Old 08-02-2009, 05:08 AM

nope nt at all! :D it reminds me 2 much of skol...but mostly im just 2 lazy and dont have the time

lady silverpanther
yami no tenshi

Old 08-05-2009, 05:36 AM

i normally eat while i read

Iltu
do you think pigeons have feelin...

Old 08-05-2009, 04:28 PM

I like to read sitting or laying on my bed, but sometimes I fall asleep when I do that, so it's more practical for me to sit up in a chair or some such thing. ._.
It's nice to have coffee or tea or juice or water or a snack when i read, but it is not terribly important to my breading pleasure. At all.
Sometimes I like to read to music and sometimes not... I can concentrate with other noise, but I prefer for it to not be there.

Terra.
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-05-2009, 05:00 PM

I tend to read my books right before I go to bed so that it relaxes me before I go to sleep. I have the radio on and I'm tucked in <3
(I use a book light thing so I can read in the dark :3)