DragonsRage24
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-07-2007, 02:48 PM

I had to read it for school, it was better then other books I had to read, I admit it. Though I have to say, it wasn't my favorite and would not be my top choice book to read later on in life. ^^;

` W T F
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-07-2007, 06:12 PM

It's quite a simple story.
The way it's written, I mean.
D:
Then again, the War Between The Classes book wasn't much better.
The english class reads we get aren't really intriguing.
]:

Baja
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via AIM to Baja

Old 04-07-2007, 09:59 PM

I read it inschool. I can't remebre what grad it was in. It was probably the 8th though. I remembre we watched teh movie aswell. I did enjoy the book though.

ChikaChanxD
Dead Account Holder
n/a
Send a message via AIM to ChikaChanxD Send a message via Yahoo to ChikaChanxD

Old 04-08-2007, 01:01 AM

I LOVE READING DO U :D

dorellana
*^_^*

Old 04-09-2007, 08:27 PM

i liked the book XD it was one of those stories that you just couldn't put down until the very end o.o i loved the names they gave each other and how they solved problems o.o but then again XD they weren't the wise ones

violetfaerie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to violetfaerie

Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 PM

HOMG the book and the movie were excellent.

I sob and cried both times :lol:

It was one of the few books, that I liked that focused on mainly boys. =333 I thought it was goin' to be stupid, but a friend's of my mom's lent it to me and said I might be suprised.

I was, and I'm glad that I read it. It was a non-classic classic 8) To me anyway =333

[-trekkie-]
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-10-2007, 12:06 AM

I read it in grade 9. It was alright, but other people in my class liked it a lot more than myself.

Jay`kitsune
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Jay`kitsune

Old 04-10-2007, 01:06 AM

i think i read one of those :o

k4it0u
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to k4it0u

Old 04-10-2007, 03:31 AM

Ah, that book is awesome <3.
A lot more different from the survival books I had to read that age :3.

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 04-10-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimama
I am so old that when I read "The Outsiders" it had only been published a few years and most English teachers had not yet heard of it. I had already read her next book "That Was Then, This is Now" and eventually read "Rumble Fish"(?) but back then, we read them cause we wanted to, and it also was fascinating to us how young she was when she wrote those books...
  • Well, it wasn't that long ago that I read that book, but I already had to read "That was Then, This is Now" and "Rumble Fish", both were actually pretty good too. Wasn't that bad to read. :] My teacher did tell us, that she was pretty young when she wrote those books. I'm sure she wouldn't have guessed that her books are now still read by students every year. :]

@VioletFaerie: I watched the movie in class, and when Johnny died, I was soo sad, I felt like crying too, but then there were guys in the class, soo I held it in. xDD

<3

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 AM

I've read it before. It was a good book. Sad part was the Johnny and Dally died at the end. :(

Pink Colored Pencil
n/a

Old 04-11-2007, 03:12 AM

I love how the book Outsiders was written it was a fantastic book! :D

LadyBethia
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2007, 06:36 AM

I liked the book went I read it but is has been years since I first read it. I found it kinda sad.

ROSIE
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-12-2007, 07:25 PM

Hmmmm..............." The Outsiders"
I think I read that book when I was a freshman in High school,
although, I don't remember much!
But I remember watching the movie, after we read the book as a class.

The movie is way better........
So many popular Actors!!!

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 04-14-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSIE
Hmmmm..............." The Outsiders"
I think I read that book when I was a freshman in High school,
although, I don't remember much!
But I remember watching the movie, after we read the book as a class.

The movie is way better........
So many popular Actors!!!
  • We also had to watch the movie after reading the book! That's true that there are many popular actors in the movie! :]

<3

Sylira
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-14-2007, 09:11 PM

I read that book in 8th grade. I thought it was really good. The end made me cry. I didn't want Johnny and Dally to die! :cry:

Rachel Tamwood
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-16-2007, 03:40 AM

I really enjoyed the book. I hated how the movie was. I believe that the movie did a very poor job with the storyline. I read it with my class in the 8th grade and since we were a class of 12, our teacher gave each one of use a name from the book. We are in our 20's now and some of us still call each other by those names.

Hollie
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-16-2007, 07:57 PM

It had an interesting plot line, but it wasn't rave-worthy.

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-16-2007, 08:09 PM

I liked it, but I enjoyed That Was Then, This Is Now much more. It's kind of a sequel to The Outsiders, with several of the characters of The Outsiders making appearances and it shows more so how people change.

I liked The Outsiders, but like I said, That Was Then, This Is Now was much more interesting. Although, I think you have to read The Outsiders first.

raiawyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-21-2007, 05:44 PM

S.E.Hinton was only 16 years old when she wrote The Outsiders. And she was failing creative writing at the time. I think that shows just how stupid grades really are... but that's another topic.

I loved that book when I first read it in 7th grade, and it's still one of my personal favorites. I was so sad when I read an interview with Hinton in which she says what happened to all of the characters after the book.

Soda- dies in Vietnman in Steve's arms
Steve- so traumatized by Soda's death he becomes a heroin addict and gets married and divorced twice.
Two-Bit - became an alcoholic
Darry- got married and raised a family
Ponyboy- moved to Paris and became a novelist

Poor Soda and Steve. Two-Bit's fate was kind of expected. She didn't say anything about Cherry or Randy, but I think we're supposed to assume that they led good lives as decent Socs.

And That Was Then, This Is Now was good, too. I never would have thought that the Shephards had a sister before that book, but Angela really lives up to her last name, doesn't she?

As far as the movie goes, I thought the original left out far too many important scenes, and the extended addition seemed to place sexual tension between Soda and Pony for some reason, so I refuse to watch it ever again. If you don't believe me, watch the extended edition DVD and watch the scene where they are in the bed talking about love. It was so bad I felt awkward watching it alone in my bedroom. It just seemed slightly incestual, even though there's no incest in the entire novel.