fishnet
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesia
Full Frontal Snogging
That sounds like a good book. I had to say it.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-08-2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane
Where the Red Fern Grows

Its such a cute book, though every time I read it the ending always makes me cry a little.
I loved that book to puppy! The first time I read it was four years ago. It was a book the school required us to read. I have been meaning to by it, but I just went broke from buying books. Another book I want to buy in the Bridge to Teribithia (sp?).

I might never read them, but it never hurts to own the great children classics.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-08-2007, 02:21 AM

Quote:
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time - Mark Haddon.
A novel written from the point of view of a boy named Christopher, who has a mental disorder that branches from Autism. It's a wonderful story and really interesting to see how his mind works in different ways than your own.

Marley & Me - John Grogan.
Great for the animal lover. A funny novel about a crazy yellow lab who does crazy things. Written in the dog's owner's perspective.

The Guests of War Trilogy - Kit Pearson.
An awesome series about a girl and her younger brother who are sent to Toronto, Canada from their home in England during the second world war.

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging - all of the books in the series, by Louise Rennison.Just a really funny, easy-read series. About a teenage girl who does teenage things - with the addition of her crazy family and vicious cat.
Those books I have never read or heard of. XD They honestly do not appeal to me, but I will keep a lookout for them. I like how Barnes and Nobles lets you read the books there; as long as you do not damage them. I spend hours there, but even so, I have already spent over $200 in books this year. Possibly more, but who counting?

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-08-2007, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyMOTHA
This one seems kinda generic, but I am in love with Memoirs of a Geisha.

I read that book before there was even talk of the movie, and it is wonderful. I couldn't put it down. It's completely captivating.

It's probably my favourite book. <33
I haven't seen or read this yet. I have been tempted to buy it. I do not like watching the movies before I read the book. XD I tend to like criticizing movies. Espicially the last Harry Potter one :P

This one shall be on my to buy list ^^

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-08-2007, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azura
I'm fixing to re-read the Harry Potter series. And I have a whole mess of books that I occasionally pick up and read. But I try to buy books that I never read before. ^^'
With me, I do not care if I have read them or not. I buy them anyways. It is something I can pass down to my children, if I ever care to have any. If not, my sister's children, cousins, etc. Reading in general is my favorite past time. And it is something I can discuss and debate about it a friend and a nuisance at school XD

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-08-2007, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoga
I must say that anything By Neil Gaiman, or Terry Pratchett is automatically up for the to be picked up and re-read at any moment category. But also, I do Enjoy the works by Poppy Z Bright, and the Trilogy of Memory, Sarrow, and Thorn By Tad Williams, simply brilliant that was.
HOMG! The name of that book intrigues me. Now you have add a book to my to buy list XD.

Must read about this trilogy ^^

Those authors are not famaliar to me. I could always ask my aunt. She is the one who started my reading reign, and now has cost my thousands of dollars XD

icyMOTHA
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-08-2007, 03:56 AM

Quote:

Angus, Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging - all of the books in the series, by Louise Rennison.Just a really funny, easy-read series. About a teenage girl who does teenage things - with the addition of her crazy family and vicious cat.
OMG. I can't believe I left that series out of my post! xD;
I <3 Georgia and Jas. xD;

I have my mom addicted to those books. Lol.

sapphireaster
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-08-2007, 09:34 PM

[."The Wish" by Gail Carson Levine. It sort of shows up wherever I go. I'll see it on a desk in the library, then read it. I also have it somewhere in my house. I just love the book. I read it around in 5th grade. I remember when I was obsessed with Gail Carson Levine :).]

Tamerthanthou
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Tamerthanthou

Old 04-08-2007, 09:40 PM

Oh... There are just so many. I'll start with my most favorite book ever.

Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith. It's actually two books, Crown Duel and Court Duel combined but yeah... (Great book, everyone who likes fantasy or rebellions or magic, go look it up. And the other books by the author, specifically Inda and a short story called "Beauty" which is in the original Firebirds anthology.)
All of the books in Lauren Willig's flowers series, The Secret History of the Pink Carnation, The Masque of the Black Tulip, and The Deception of the Emerald Ring.
My favorite classic is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

There are so many more books, but these are my absolute favorites to read when I'm feeling lousy.

DragonsRage24
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 PM

I've read White Fang by Jack London many many times. I really love the boko, and White Fang as a character. ^^ Made me a happy child way abck when.

violetfaerie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to violetfaerie

Old 04-09-2007, 04:09 AM

Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer I think thats how you spell her last name. The last of the series is yet to come out so I'll probably be reading it over and over again as well.

Excellent books that I read again and again and again...

Also Linda Hamilton and even Janet Evanovich I now and again re-read...

veen
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 04-09-2007, 04:09 AM

I own the circle of magic series by tamora pierce and have probably read 'em a gazillion times each o__o
ironically, that all started at a book fair in 7th grade when I bought the used book for $1. xDD

I also can't stop reading sarah dessen's The Truth about Forever and This Lullaby. its like my reading sweet tooth D: my craving.

I also reread dan brown works every once in a while.
those are times when the saying "you find something new every time you read a book" really comes to truth. xDD
I literally do discover something new every time~

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 04-09-2007, 12:15 PM

• 'The Vampire Armand' - Anne Rice
    I have no idea WHY I can read this over and over again. Maybe because I have a huge girly-fan crush on Armand.
    Or that my teenage love of the semi-erotic writing.
    But I love that book to death.

'Catch 22' - Joseph Heller
    Probably because you NEED to read it a couple of times.
    But I've read it at least 5 times. and well.
    I still just pick it up every now and then and start to re-read it.

I've also half re-read a couple of the Harry Potter novels, but I find it hard. I love the series, but.
    The 4th re-read just makes it loose its edge a little.
    (+ reading fanfiction means you just..can't not giggle at some character interactions).

verya
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to verya

Old 04-09-2007, 02:06 PM

Raymond E. Feist is a favorite. I started out with his Fairy Tale and it was amazing. His Empire series is good. I read the first one through in a night, the second one is ok and the third one is real slow.

Emperial
Unknown Empress

Old 04-09-2007, 03:48 PM

My rereadables...

- the Bas-Lag books of China Mieville, which are HUGE undertakings every single time as they are simply so dense and I never want to miss a word

- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which if I lived in the universe of Fahrenheit 451 would be the one I'd memorize

I used to re-read Elvenbane every few years, but not any more, I think I managed to read it enough times that, for once, it was finished!

Janshii
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-09-2007, 10:04 PM

The series of Unfortunate Events Book 10
Walk Two Moons
Fig Pudding

QueenBee
*^_^*
n/a

Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 PM

I read Jane Eyre for the first time in third grade. I've read it five times since then. This is my freshman year in college and I just finished it for the fifth time. I really appreciate a lot of the subtleties that went unnoticed when I was a child. It's an amazing read. I love classics. I'm also really enjoying Keats Odes for a second time. Especially his Ode To Autumn poem. It's really pregnant with vivid imagry.

SashiMizumoto
Send a message via AIM to SashiMizumoto

Old 04-10-2007, 12:09 AM

Hmm, let's see....

The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

Anything by Walt Whitman

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (is my spelling right? XD)

Katerin
*^_^*

Old 04-10-2007, 12:16 AM

The Hobbit
Lord of the Rings
the Narnia series
A Wrinkle in Time
Harry Potter series
Ivanhoe
Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter novels
Sherlock Holmes (collected stories)

There are more, but I can't remember them right now.

Ryuichi
*^_^*

Old 04-10-2007, 07:58 PM

I've got a shelf full of books I can't stand to lose. They're so good for a rainy day/power outage, lol.
The Guests of War Trilogy by Kit Pearson - a sad story about English children who come to Canada during WWII. Very nice read.
City Kid by Mary MacCracken - another sad little story. One of those books you can just read for hours.
Lord of the Rings book Three by JRR Tolkien - Always my favorite of the set! I love the ending especially, the cleaning out of the Shire and etcetera.
Harry Potter books 1 though 3 by JK Rowling - good for a quick read, the story gets intense after these. They're my favorites because I can read one in a sitting, but book 5 is my favorite overall.
The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan - my favorite of the series because (a) it's loaded with action and doesn't plod as the later books do, and (b) it's not too intensive.
How much for just the Planet? by John M. Ford - ohemgee, a Star Trek book! I *adore* it. The humor's just too funny, even for non-trekkies.

SleepingPumpkin
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-10-2007, 10:44 PM

P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

Molotov21
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2007, 12:35 AM

Hmm. Lots, XD.

All the Harry Potter series, a few Dan Browns, and a few James Pattersons. I can't remember the names (Ironically. xD), but I'm frequently rereading many of the books I own.

Low Virtual Memory
*^_^*

Old 04-11-2007, 12:44 AM

The Sight, Warriors (The first series, of course), The Claidi Journals, St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves. I just love those weirdly amazing short stories.

Low Virtual Memory
*^_^*

Old 04-11-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyMOTHA
Quote:

OMG. I can't believe I left that series out of my post! xD;
I <3 Georgia and Jas. xD;

I have my mom addicted to those books. Lol.

I'm so excited that Startled by his Furry Shorts finally came out!

Amazing series.

Pink Colored Pencil
n/a

Old 04-11-2007, 03:52 AM

This is an easy question i will reread any book if i have the time i love to rearead so i can understand everything that goes on in the book without missing a thing but the book i have reread the most are protector of the small, Alanna, and Crown Duel all of these books are fantastic. Right now i am rereading crown duel. This may be my 15 time or even more i am losing track now :lol: