boredomkills
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 04-11-2007, 04:02 AM

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. It's my favorite book, so I know where all my favorite parts are, and I just flip through them whenever I have nothing else to do. And it never stops being funny. ^^

I used to reread Harry Potter quite a bit (especially the fourth book), but lately I've only been reading the books once...

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphireaster
[."The Wish" by Gail Carson Levine. It sort of shows up wherever I go. I'll see it on a desk in the library, then read it. I also have it somewhere in my house. I just love the book. I read it around in 5th grade. I remember when I was obsessed with Gail Carson Levine :).]
That was very good book. I have it around my house somewhere. Probably in one of the containers I have in a shop outside until I buy a larger book case. -.- So far I have 4 large containers field with book in the shop.

I first bought the book in the 6th grade. XD Gail Carson Levine's books I have started to collect for some odd ball reason. :P

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamerthanthou
Oh... There are just so many. I'll start with my most favorite book ever.

Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith. It's actually two books, Crown Duel and Court Duel combined but yeah... (Great book, everyone who likes fantasy or rebellions or magic, go look it up. And the other books by the author, specifically Inda and a short story called "Beauty" which is in the original Firebirds anthology.)
All of the books in Lauren Willig's flowers series, The Secret History of the Pink Carnation, The Masque of the Black Tulip, and The Deception of the Emerald Ring.
My favorite classic is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

There are so many more books, but these are my absolute favorites to read when I'm feeling lousy.
Sherwood Smith's books I love, espically Crown Duel. I love the short stories she has written connected to it. I really hope she comes out with a book that continues the Duets.

Edit: Turns out she is ^^

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsRage24
I've read White Fang by Jack London many many times. I really love the boko, and White Fang as a character. ^^ Made me a happy child way abck when.
I never heard of that book. I will look it up ^^.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetfaerie
Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer I think thats how you spell her last name. The last of the series is yet to come out so I'll probably be reading it over and over again as well.

Excellent books that I read again and again and again...

Also Linda Hamilton and even Janet Evanovich I now and again re-read...
That is the correct Spelling. ^^ Those were great books. XD I never read the description of Twilight, elsewise I would not of bought it. My mom doesnt like me deading books about vampires :p. Can't Stop me now. I love the series as well and the pwetty covers/ :lol:

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veen
I own the circle of magic series by tamora pierce and have probably read 'em a gazillion times each o__o
ironically, that all started at a book fair in 7th grade when I bought the used book for $1. xDD

I also can't stop reading sarah dessen's The Truth about Forever and This Lullaby. its like my reading sweet tooth D: my craving.

I also reread dan brown works every once in a while.
those are times when the saying "you find something new every time you read a book" really comes to truth. xDD
I literally do discover something new every time~
That quote is completely true, in my opinion.

Circle of Magic series I am looking to buy soon. Right now I want to my the Immortals series though.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glammy

• 'The Vampire Armand' - Anne Rice
    I have no idea WHY I can read this over and over again. Maybe because I have a huge girly-fan crush on Armand.
    Or that my teenage love of the semi-erotic writing.
    But I love that book to death.

'Catch 22' - Joseph Heller
    Probably because you NEED to read it a couple of times.
    But I've read it at least 5 times. and well.
    I still just pick it up every now and then and start to re-read it.

I've also half re-read a couple of the Harry Potter novels, but I find it hard. I love the series, but.
    The 4th re-read just makes it loose its edge a little.
    (+ reading fanfiction means you just..can't not giggle at some character interactions).
I cnever heard of those books (excluding harry potter)

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verya
Raymond E. Feist is a favorite. I started out with his Fairy Tale and it was amazing. His Empire series is good. I read the first one through in a night, the second one is ok and the third one is real slow.
That author sounds famaliar. Maybe I have his books. Dunno XD

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperial
My rereadables...

- the Bas-Lag books of China Mieville, which are HUGE undertakings every single time as they are simply so dense and I never want to miss a word

- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which if I lived in the universe of Fahrenheit 451 would be the one I'd memorize

I used to re-read Elvenbane every few years, but not any more, I think I managed to read it enough times that, for once, it was finished!
Ugh! Anything remotely reminding me of Fahrenheit 451 I refuse to meet. That book gave me a headache. Yeah I understood it, but I HATED it XD

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janshii
The series of Unfortunate Events Book 10
Walk Two Moons
Fig Pudding
I loved Walk two moons, but it isn't a book I would reread. I don't know why, it just didn't hold me to it.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBee
I read Jane Eyre for the first time in third grade. I've read it five times since then. This is my freshman year in college and I just finished it for the fifth time. I really appreciate a lot of the subtleties that went unnoticed when I was a child. It's an amazing read. I love classics. I'm also really enjoying Keats Odes for a second time. Especially his Ode To Autumn poem. It's really pregnant with vivid imagry.
Hmm.... Not Famaliar with it. I'll look it up ^^

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashiMizumoto
Hmm, let's see....

The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling

Anything by Walt Whitman

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky (is my spelling right? XD)

I haven't gotten the chance to read Les Miserables, but I want to SOOOOO much.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katerin
The Hobbit
Lord of the Rings
the Narnia series
A Wrinkle in Time
Harry Potter series
Ivanhoe
Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter novels
Sherlock Holmes (collected stories)

There are more, but I can't remember them right now.
None in particulary I cared for, Except Sherlock Holmes. ^^ Mystery Books rule.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Virtual Memory
The Sight, Warriors (The first series, of course), The Claidi Journals, St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves. I just love those weirdly amazing short stories.
I Agree with that ^^

.p.uddin.g.
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 04-13-2007, 12:36 AM

my mangas, nakayoshi

`sweet intoxication
Send a message via AIM to `sweet intoxication

Old 04-13-2007, 01:30 PM

I cant stop reading the black daggerbrotherhood series,as well as the sookie stackhouseseries. they are both wonderful and full of action,suspence, romance, and mystery. They have anything you could possibly want.

verya
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to verya

Old 04-13-2007, 02:09 PM

I just have to give kudos to everyone here. You all have great taste in books.

Just a side note, I HATED the latest Harry Potter book, the sixth one. The others I really don't have any problems with and I've quite enjoyed a couple of them.

zeroSenshi12
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-13-2007, 03:30 PM

I love the Claidi Journals, also. I could read them any day. The Seer and the Sword by Victory Hanley (sp?) I could read. I almost have that book memorized. I could read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, too. Whenever a new book is coming out, I re-read everything that I have to make sure that I won't miss anything. ^^ I could read any of Jaqueline Carey's books, too. The Abhorson Trilogy is awesome... Sabriel most of all, though. Oh, and The Black Jewels Triology by Anne Bishop.

I think I'll stop there. The list will get too lengthy if I go on. XP

Oh, and I agree with verya about the last Harry Potter book. I actually didn't like the last two HP books. Ick.

Robot Jane
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Robot Jane

Old 04-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterwolfgoddess

Claidi's Journal Series by Tanith Lee- Although I am not the biggest fan of this author in general, this series became a favorite of mine. Anyone who reads it could see mine. I have read it over atleast 3 times since I bought it and I still love it.
I enetered this thread thinking that no one would have read my favorite book in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD, which is the Claidi Series, but I was thrilled to see it in the first post. I love the style of wrirint, and the was that Claidi is just such a teenager. Great, great book, and I have two copies of the first and third books (I bought the omnibus :oops: ).

The first few Princess Diaries books are fun t flip through every once in a while, although in my opinion, Meg Cabot's writing has gone down the drain. Amerlia Attwater-Rhodes' vampire books I can read more than once. I don't like her new series that I can't spell though. Anything by Tamora Pierce. Tammy = GOD.

erica1611
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-13-2007, 10:05 PM

Artemis Fowl series, Septimus Heap series, Supernatrualist and others...

mesuchan
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mesuchan Send a message via MSN to mesuchan Send a message via Yahoo to mesuchan

Old 04-14-2007, 06:44 AM

Some of my favorite books are in series...
-Meg Cabot's Mediator Series
-Libba Bray's Great and Terrible Beauty Trilogy
-Harry Potter.
X3
I also really enjoyed Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code.

O p h e l i a
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-14-2007, 07:56 AM

Well my favourite saying is "If a book isn't worth to be red twice, it isn't worth to be red at all" [letteral translation from my language, so I don't know if it is right] so i keep rereading most of my books, but the ones I really can't put down are "Fight Club" by Chuck Palaniuk and "Perfume" by Patrick Suskind

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-14-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .p.uddin.g.
my mangas, nakayoshi
:D hehe. Manga's are okay. They used to be the only books I read.

Right now the ones I have are:
Fruits Basket
Kodacha
Marmalade Boy
Kare Kano
Chobits
Alice 19th

XD and others I can't think of right now.

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-14-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by `sweet intoxication
I cant stop reading the black daggerbrotherhood series,as well as the sookie stackhouseseries. they are both wonderful and full of action,suspence, romance, and mystery. They have anything you could possibly want.
I have never heard of those. You guys are bringing in ones I haven't. XD Looking up stuff is giving me a headache. To think I have spents thousands in books and never heard of so many. :p

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 04-14-2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroSenshi12
I love the Claidi Journals, also. I could read them any day. The Seer and the Sword by Victory Hanley (sp?) I could read. I almost have that book memorized. I could read Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, too. Whenever a new book is coming out, I re-read everything that I have to make sure that I won't miss anything. ^^ I could read any of Jaqueline Carey's books, too. The Abhorson Trilogy is awesome... Sabriel most of all, though. Oh, and The Black Jewels Triology by Anne Bishop.

I think I'll stop there. The list will get too lengthy if I go on. XP

Oh, and I agree with verya about the last Harry Potter book. I actually didn't like the last two HP books. Ick.
I have heard of the Seer and the sword, although I have never read it. I am planning to though ^^.

Sabriel, surprisingly, I have read though. I do not remember it though. I need to reread it.

Ann Bishop is an author I am planning to read.