Tonn
n/a

Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 PM

Making this thread to tell others and to find others who have read any of these books.

There are currently 11 of these books out and 1 book still not made and is a must for any Diablo and Starcraft fan. (I'm not such a big fan on Warcraft >_>;;)

Starcraft: Liberty's Crusade
Starcraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga
Starcraft: Speed of Darkness
Starcraft: Queen of Blades
Starcraft Ghost: Nova

Diablo: Legacy of Blood
Diablo: The Black Road
Diablo: The Kingdom of Shadow
Diablo: Moon of the Spider
Diablo: The Sin War (Book 1)
Diablo: The Sin War (Book 2)
Diablo: The Sin War (Book 3) - NOT YET RELEASED

There are I believe 2 other books, 1 for each of these games, that were released before these novels were made but I have yet to find them.

A little about each book...

Starcraft: Liberty's Crusade

This book takes place during the Terran Campaign on Mar Sara. A journalist by the name Liberty is assigned to Terran units to document of how the things are. All of the main characters from the Terran Campaign are in this book. Jim Raynor, Sarah Kerrigan, Arcturus Mengsk , Edmund Duke. This book pretty much follows everything that happened in the Terran Campaign. This book goes more in depth of how the Terran colonies began and you learn more about Arcturus Mengsk than any other of the original characters.

All in all this book was a decent read, if your not a fan of the Terran Campaign then my suggestion is not to read it since it basically follows the storyline with some minor changes as the settings of where things took place.

Starcraft: Shadow of the Xel'Naga

Unlike Liberty's Crusade, this book takes place on an outlaw world where the Confederacy nor the Sons of Korhal have control of. The planet this book takes place on is almost like a wasteland and the few hundred people living there are barely surviving. The max age limit of living is in there 40's or 50's. Diseases and such is common there and hardly any plants grow.

As a temple is awakened and picks up on radar, the Protoss and the Terrans quickly move there forces there to find out what is going on only to find the zerg is there as well. The Protoss, Terrans and the Zerg all fight there way to be the first inside the ancient temple left behind by the Xel'Naga to unrevealed the mysterious powers from within in that it holds.

Honestly...I didn't like this book as much as I hoped it would turn out to be. But for those Starcraft fans out there that want to learn more about the Starcraft Universe, read it.

Starcraft: Speed of Darkness

I just finished reading this a month ago after months, I started over back at the beginning since I got lost of what was going on xD.

This book mainly takes place on Mar Sara, the discovery of the Zerg for the first time. Unlike Liberty's Crusade, this book sticks with Mar Sara to show you what really happened and what was going on. Ardo became a Marine after the Zerg attacked his homeland and took the girl he loved and was to wed. After that Ardo's world became black and would stay black for a very long time. After going into detail of things what happened after the incident and his platoon was assigned to retrieve a piece of lost equipment on Mar Sara, Ardo learns of what really happened on his home world and now all he can do now is save thousands of people from the on coming Zerg invasion of Mar Sara.

Not even a Starcraft fan would even know things like this happened which was a big shock when I read it.

This book is really, really great. I recommend this book to everyone, Starcraft fans and for those who hasn't even touched the game. This book will touch you as when you read about the main character and his feelings and the truth as to what happened, it's all so very sad and will touch you.

Diablo: Legacy of Blood

Three traveling companions journey into a cave in search of treasure. At the end they find a chamber in which lies Bartuc. As skeletons raise to life and one of them stumbles upon Bartucs gauntlet, it changes him forever. Now with him under Bartucs curse and traveling to find the last piece waking demons in his path, A female necromancer resurrects one of his fallen comrades in hope to find him. A Sorceress and a demon working together to manipulate a corrupted warrior to get Bartucs helm for there own plan of taking over Lut Gholein in which ends in a twist, it's a really awesome book.

Thats as much as I can remember as to things in which happened in the book and for those of you who like Diablo, it is a must read for a great adventure =o

Diablo: The Black Road

And who said there weren't any pirates in Diablo? xP

As a great pirate group kidnaps the son of the king of Westmarch, a small force of a few dozen men search out to rescure him. Not knowing that a Sorcerer is working with them trying to free an imprisoned Demon for his own greed in which Diablo himself has imprisoned him. With the kings son rescured, the demon let loose and the Captain in which witnessed the demon is the only one who can stop him. After years has passed and a mysterious new religon that opens up on the outskirts of Westmarch, a power even greater than the Zakarum church. Blind people can once see again, diesases cured, missing people found, youth being restored, wealth being granted all by venturing down The Black Road will your dreams come true.

A powerful demon hunter meets up with the washed out Captain and tells him of this demon and his powers and what he intends to do, a few noble warriors set out to find the sword which was forged by the demon himself which was created for the Barbarian Tribe, can defeat him.

For any Diablo fan, this book is yet another good read on an adventure.

Diablo: The Kingdom of Shadow

This is the best Diablo book i read so far.

During The Sin War, the holiest kingdom in all the land was targeted against the prime evil. With an Archangel coming into the dream of there king and telling him he will grant his city to the high heavens to be safe from the prime evils. After many years pass the remains of the cities were still there and no one knew as to what has happened. A great sorcerer who was once of that kingdom was not taken with them, he found a way back into the plane in which the kingdom lies.

With a group of mercenaries traveling with a vizjerei to find out what really happened to the kingdom, they run into a necromancer at the time of the alignment as to when the city would be able to enter through the mortal plane who then is forced to be taken along inside.

Thats as much as I can say about it for now, anymore and it will ruin things for ya =p But this book is a MUST READ for any Diablo fan.

The last 5 books I haven't finish reading yet so I can't post anything about them yet. But for those interested, when I get down I will update this.

Chocobit Xyelle
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 04-09-2007, 09:16 PM

nifty, i didn't know that diabl0o had any books... i've just played the games, xp

Tonn
n/a

Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobit Xyelle
nifty, i didn't know that diabl0o had any books... i've just played the games, xp
They been out for over 5 years now xD

You can view them at the link below =]

http://shop.blizzard.com/section2/?u...jCoL0YmDtEZJQ=