angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2007, 03:11 AM

Has anyone read Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. It is a fantastic book.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 04-12-2007, 03:12 AM

I'm currently reading through it, but it just... it hurts. Dx Some parts are funny, yes, but it's really not to my liking.

Humorous books just aren't for me, I guess. :\

fishnet
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2007, 03:24 AM

One of my favorite books. ^^ I love satire, and it helps that the book's written by Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman, two of my favorite authors. It's just altogether very witty, and when it's not witty, it's ridiculous. Absolutely adorable!

angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnet
One of my favorite books. ^^ I love satire, and it helps that the book's written by Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman, two of my favorite authors. It's just altogether very witty, and when it's not witty, it's ridiculous. Absolutely adorable!
i haven't read anything else by Prachett or Gaiman can you recommend anything? i would love to pick up some more by them they are hilarious.

angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2007, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegretto
I'm currently reading through it, but it just... it hurts. Dx Some parts are funny, yes, but it's really not to my liking.

Humorous books just aren't for me, I guess. :\
awe, i am sorry to hear that.

verya
(-.-)zzZ
n/a
Send a message via AIM to verya

Old 04-13-2007, 02:43 PM

I loved the book, but it was kind of a let down after reading Prattchet and Gaiman separately. I love both authors I just don't think that they work all that well together. Good Omens is wonderfully satirical of religion which I love, but some parts just seem disjointed.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-13-2007, 03:22 PM

i enjoyed Good Omens, i too love satire.
Crawley appeals to me no end 8)

KirbehIshCute
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to KirbehIshCute

Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 PM

What is it about? 8D

Blind_Target
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-13-2007, 10:42 PM

I never heard of it. Mind telling me what it is about?

angel_of_joy
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2007, 02:54 AM

its basically a spoof on the end of the world as told by an angel and a demon that are best friend. its full of satire and they follow the anti Christ and his hell hound to the end. its very funny and totally worth looking into.

raiawyn
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-21-2007, 05:15 PM

It's about the apocalypse and how we're all going to die. Basically, it follows a very stuffy angel stuck in the 50's and a demon who did not so much fall as saunter vaguely downwards from grace as they attempt to stop the end of the world from coming. Oh, and the anti-christ is a wonderfully delightful eleven year old boy who only wants the world to end so that he can save the rainforests.

It's a very amusing book, especially the footnotes. If you read it, pay attention to them. They are possibly the most entertaining part.

And the four horsemen of the apocalypse ride motorcycles. Yayness.

So if you like Queen and don't mind a story featuring very sweet satanical nuns I would highly recommend it.

And go out and read more by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. They are amazing authors.