Cyndel
I never make the mistake of argu...
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel

Old 04-15-2007, 05:44 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I love the Sevenwaters trilogy. Daughter of the Forest is by far one of my favorite books. The story is a great retelling of the classic story "The Six Swans."

Daughter of the Forest

• Description:
    Lovely Sorcha is the seventh child and only daughter of Lord Colum of Sevenwaters. Bereft of a mother, she is comforted by her six brothers who love and protect her. Sorcha is the light in their lives, they are determined that she know only contentment.

But Sorcha's joy is shattered when her father is bewitched by his new wife, an evil enchantress who binds her brothers with a terrible spell, a spell which only Sorcha can lift-by staying silent. If she speaks before she completes the quest set to her by the Fair Folk and their queen, the Lady of the Forest, she will lose her brothers forever.

When Sorcha is kidnapped by the enemies of Sevenwaters and taken to a foreign land, she is torn between the desire to save her beloved brothers, and a love that comes only once. Sorcha despairs at ever being able to complete her task, but the magic of the Fair Folk knows no boundaries, and love is the strongest magic of them all...
(Description taken from http://www.tor-forge.com/daughteroftheforest)

Cyndel
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel

Old 04-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Son of the Shadows

• Description:
    Beautiful Sorcha is the courageous young woman who risked all to save her family from a wicked curse and whose love shattered generations of hate and bridged two cultures.

It is from her sacrifice that Sorcha's brothers were brought home to their ancestral fortress Sevenwaters, and her life has known much joy.

But not all the brothers were able to fully escape the spell that transformed them into swans, and it is left to Sorcha's daughter Liadan to help fulfill the destiny of the Sevenwaters clan. Beloved child and dutiful daughter, Liadan embarks on a journey that shows her just how hard-won was the peace that she has known all her life.

Liadan will need all of her courage to help save her family, for there are dark forces and ancient powers conspiring to destroy this family's peace--and their world. And she will need all of her strength to stand up to those she loves best, for in the finding of her own true love, Liadan's course may doom them all . . . or be their salvation.
(Description taken from http://www.tor-forge.com/sonoftheshadows)

Cyndel

Old 04-15-2007, 05:45 PM

Child of the Prophecy

• Description:
    Magic is fading... and the ways of Man are driving the Old Ones to the West, beyond the ken of humankind. The ancient groves are being destroyed, and if nothing is done, Ireland will lose its essential mystic core.

The prophecies of long ago have foretold a way to prevent this horror, and it is the Sevenwaters clan that the Spirits of Eire look to for salvation. They are a family bound into the lifeblood of the land, and their promise to preserve the magic has been the cause of great joy to them... as well as great sorrow.

It is up to Fianne, daughter of Niamh, the lost sister of Sevenwaters, to solve the riddles of power. She is the shy child of a reclusive sorcerer, and her way is hard, for her father is the son of the wicked sorceress Oonagh, who has emerged from the shadows and seeks to destroy all that Sevenwaters has striven for. Oonagh will use her granddaughter Fianne most cruelly to accomplish her ends, and stops at nothing to see her will done.

Will Fianne be strong enough to battle this evil and save those she has come to love?
(Description taken from http://www.tor-forge.com/childoftheprophecy)

Emperor Haterius
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Emperor Haterius Send a message via Yahoo to Emperor Haterius

Old 04-15-2007, 06:01 PM

Sounds enthralling. o.o

Cyndel

Old 04-15-2007, 06:29 PM

It is. ^^ Very.

Emperor Haterius
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Emperor Haterius Send a message via Yahoo to Emperor Haterius

Old 04-15-2007, 06:40 PM

^_^
A good book is hard to find.

zeroSenshi12
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-15-2007, 08:49 PM

Oh yes~ I love Juliet Marillier's books. I also enjoyed Wolfskin and Foxmask. I recently bought her newest book, but I haven't read it yet. ^^;; I'm busy doing a research paper.

My favorite of the Sevenwaters Trilogy is Son of the Shadows. I think that all of the books are great, though. Child of the Prophecy may even be more well-written (if that is possible. Her books are extremely well-written) than the other two.

Cyndel

Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Yes, they were all great. I guess Daughter of the Forest was my favorite because I already knew the story "The Six Swans" and I really loved that story as a kid.

I haven't read any of her other books, that trilogy was the only one that I got my hands on, sadly. Now that i know the names, I may have to go look for em. ^^

Carly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 PM

Could not finish the third one, but I loved the first and second ones <3 Also, her Books series.........The Fox mask and I think the other one was Wolfskin xD

Cyndel

Old 04-20-2007, 02:21 AM

Aww, why couldn't you finish the third one? That one was really good.

Carly
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-20-2007, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndel

Aww, why couldn't you finish the third one? That one was really good.
Really, A lot of people said it was depressing or even strange D: