LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 06-30-2010, 01:27 AM

I just finished Bullet! yay! yes, someone dies.....but someone steps in AGAIN >.> omg the collection of guys *rolls eyes* but at least she's starting to pair people up :3

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku
Send a message via Yahoo to lonelyotaku

Old 06-30-2010, 05:06 AM

Flirt is now a lucky day book, I really wish you guys could live here so you could read it. and I need to return my meredith gentry one even though its so interesting.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 PM

lol, read Flirt! it doesn't matter if you read them in order or not much XD except maybe read Bullet somewhere near the end because it would make the book more awesome that way. and no worries, you can always borrow the Merry Gentry book again later ;)

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 07-01-2010, 05:21 AM

yeah your right maybe i will just read divine misdemanors, and the red headed kid who wants to be a necromancer I felt so bad when he got beat up by a vampire.

Maleana
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Okay~ personally, I'm a Merry fan. Because well >.> she's a faerie princess. And that rocks. Plus she gets... a plethora of hot men. Hot men that do magic. And she kind of knew she was going to be.... "friendly" from the start. Seeing as how, you know, she needed to make a baby to stay alive pretty much. Not that she didn't have her close calls, anyways. xD I'm still waiting to see what happens, but now that I think about it I don't even remember what happened last time. -note to self: reread-
I liked Anita up until... maybe the 7-8th book. Then she just became too uhm... "friendly"? Lol. Sexy vampires though, hmn. How can you pass that up? I think I liked the wereanimals more then the vampires, though. o.o Is that odd? xD They're just so cute and cuddly, I don't know. I haven't read since Incubus Dreams, though.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 07-01-2010, 02:39 PM

lonelyotaku>> don't worry, things will work themselves out :) plus, the kid got a much needed lesson ;)

Maleana>> lol, I know what you mean XD but truthfully, Merry just gets a more legit excuse XD

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 07-01-2010, 06:24 PM

oh yeah thats true it was a good thing he hid under Anitas car or he would've been killed.

koneko of the nekos
Koneko-chan
Send a message via AIM to koneko of the nekos Send a message via MSN to koneko of the nekos Send a message via Yahoo to koneko of the nekos

Old 07-01-2010, 06:30 PM

to be fair, Anita ended up with powers she didn't expect that "forced" her to be with all the men. she couldn't be with the one that she really wanted to be monogamous with originally. but then, i see nothing wrong with being "friendly" in general. lol

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 07-01-2010, 07:14 PM

ok so since i'm at the library I am gonna get bullet hopefully its there still but it looks like it needs to be read.

Arcadai
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2010, 02:50 AM

LKH is my absolute favorite author.
Ever since I picked up one of her books I was instantly hooked!
5 years later still going strong!

I like the Anita Blake series more than the Merry ones, just because I preference Vamps over Fey
but I read all there is out for both of the series.

"Narcissus in Chains" was my fave book out of the series, just because it was the first one I read.
Im a total Fan-Girl for Asher and Nathaniel! *blushes*

My only qualm with LKH is that her books kinda stopped with the hardcore actions and got WAY more sexual.
I don't really mind too too much.
After all its her world, and I'm just along for the ride.

lonelyotaku
lonelyotaku

Old 07-02-2010, 07:46 PM

good news guys I got bullet, and flirts still a lucky day book but I didn't check it out since some other Anita Blake fan would want to read it.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koneko of the nekos View Post
to be fair, Anita ended up with powers she didn't expect that "forced" her to be with all the men. she couldn't be with the one that she really wanted to be monogamous with originally. but then, i see nothing wrong with being "friendly" in general. lol
like Arcadai said, the thing is that Anita started with a ton less sex scenes and right now there is just a hint too much - I don't mind sex scenes, I even like some of them, but right now, there is waaaayyyyy too much of that :d and Merry just had a more legit excuse in the beginning, while Anita's need for more guys was slowly built up XD

lonelyotaku>> well, it might be better if you read Bullet after Flirt :d ah wells :P

Scarebear
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-28-2010, 05:29 PM

So in hopes of not spoiling anything: Did anyone else think Richard kind of came out of nowhere? lol Like I knew he was in the book, but I thought he'd arrive in the story line a bit more... gradually. xD

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 09-14-2010, 06:48 AM

Guilty Pleasures was the best. After book five, I started getting restless. After Hamilton realized that people would indeed pay for sex, sex is pretty much all we got. Not that I'm against a little sex in my books - I love me a good vampire smut novel... but Hamilton goes far beyond 'a little' and it's far past mere 'smut'. I stopped reading them after Harlequin.

What's funny, is I loved the beginning of the Gentry series too, and I was quite happy to see that Hamilton's smut efforts went almost entirely into these instead of her Anita books for about... two books. I was even looking forward to the tentacle scene. XD
But I understood at the beginning that the Gentry series was to be a TRILOGY - and I'd placed bets on the winning guy already. Then she had to make a fourth book.... and the plot went all haywire after that. I stopped reading the Gentry series after she was confirmed pregnant with a magic pair of twins bearing the genetic code of all the reader's favorite guys. Why choose when you can magically have them all? Meh. I found that to be so contrived that my disappointment flavored the rest of my reading, and I just had to take a hiatus.

Now I can't afford the time or money to catch up on what I've missed, and I'm not sure I really want to.

I miss the beginning stages of both of her series. They had great promise, and a good story. I really loved reading them. I'm sorry I feel the way I do now. :(

I just think Hamilton is playing to her fans (and playing her fans for more money), rather than writing a good solid story anymore.

davyjoneslover
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 AM

I'm reading Obisidian Butterfly and Blue Moon at the moment - BM's my favourite I think because it focuses on the werewolves for once.

Bullet was good because it went back to the old style of LKH, I'm a fangirl for Micah; bring on the leopards. I agree though, she's doing way too much sex; it's just sexual references from the moment she wrote Bloody Bones and onwards.