The Mystical Spoon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to The Mystical Spoon Send a message via MSN to The Mystical Spoon

Old 06-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Hmm, When I read The Sinner, By Tess Geretsen, I found it hugely gripping and just couldn't stop reading it, I've read it several times now, and each time I read it, it's the same way. Another really good book is Once By James Herbert, it's directedtowards a more adult audience, but it's still good. Also, I found the Maximum Ride Series quite good too.

Saikoguy
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 PM

The Boy in the striped pajamas. Definatly I read it so quickly because I loved it so much, and right now I can't put down Wicked.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 06-12-2007, 06:17 PM

Ha, ha, I'm getting so many new titles to check out from you guys!

I just ran into this situation again with Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle... ah, I was amazed.

I guess this happens to me more often than not, that I'll get wrapped up in a story. But lately I've had some pretty tough books to read that I haven't enjoyed that much-- dry school reading.

toxicbear
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-12-2007, 08:57 PM

Haha, it happens to me a lot. I read a whole book Saturday, it wasn't a long one though, only 150 pages. And I've been reading another one now as well that I have difficulty putting down.

The Mouse
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-12-2007, 11:22 PM

Anything that has "Dave Duncan" on it. ^_^

I also have a hard time putting down Harry Potter books, even when I'm re-reading them for, like, the twentieth time. ♥♥♥

Let's see--I'm currently holding The Last Unicorn because it simply refuses to leave my hand. X-D

Then there's Mercedes Lackey (I'm about to pick up her Joust) and Anne McCaffery (same story with her The White Dragon). Their books are all simply delicious, especially Mrs. Lackey's The Black Swan.

I'm also a humongoid fan of Hikeyuki Kikuchi's Vampire Hunter D novels. I eat them like candy--when they're gone, I'm turning the bag inside out looking for more. X-D Fortunately, there are supposed to be 16 volumes, and only 7 have been translated so far, so that should keep me busy for a while. ^__^

calibur
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 06-12-2007, 11:56 PM

Well pretty much every book is like that for me XD Like the Alex Rider series sucked me in and I read all 6 books in 4 days, though Scorpia took me forever to read since I get really into books and every time he did something stupid I would squeal and have to put it down :lol: Any ways its pretty much like that for most every book, unless it's really boring or poorly written. Some books that I enjoyed are Twilight and New Moon (Edward is so...grr in that book) North (Charles was awsome), the Bartimus series, Among the Hidden and all the other books in the series, thought I hate to admit it Eragon and Eldest, House of the Scorpion (may not be the exact title), Magiyk (kind of a kids book, but it had really cool pictures :lol: ) The Magical Monarch of Mo (really old book), Latro of the Mist and it's sequel (really really awsome book) and I think I should stop or I'll name every book I've ever read :lol: Any way there you have it!

Akemi
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-13-2007, 12:09 AM

I'm the same way XD
Almost everytime I pick up a book, I can't stop reading until I've finshed. It's actually become a sort of rating system for me. If I can't get through a book within the first sitting, it's not as great of a book. The longer it takes me to pick it up and finish, the lower it falls.
I'm also a fast reader, I can pretty much finish any book within a day or less. I went through the Lord of the Rings trilogy in three days, one book a night...

lazyalex
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to lazyalex

Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 AM

Yeah I do that all the time.
I picked up Eragon, and didn't put it down till I was done. xD

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 06-13-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith W
That's happened to me before. Twilight was one. Most of Tamora Pierce's books did too. I was the same way with Ella Enchanted. It was so good. The promble with me is the book is usually about 500 pages so I skip sleeping for a night to finish reading it.
omg, Twilight <3

I have that problem with Harry Potter Books, Twilight Series, and on occasion I get a book that I really like, but do put down.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 06-13-2007, 08:31 AM

Did it with "The Looking Glass Wars" by Frank Bedour and "Abarat" by Clive Barker.
Hell right now, i'm even re-reading "Abarat" at least till i give it to a friend of mine, and then I probably re=read "the Looking glass wars"
But I do need another book to ead, i supposse I should try and work on the Harry Potter series, seeing how I have not read anything or watched any of the movies.

mystic kiwi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to mystic kiwi

Old 06-13-2007, 09:33 AM

I hardly ever get to read any more, but when I get a good book I normally read it all the way through.

Mimi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Last time that happened was the Black Magician's trilogy by Trudi Canavan. And I read a lot ^^;

kikirakikai
Send a message via AIM to kikirakikai Send a message via MSN to kikirakikai Send a message via Yahoo to kikirakikai

Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Yes~ :'D

And I don't like reading much at all~ D: But I LOOOVE Nightlife by Rob Thurman~ X3

It's soo good! You all should totally read it! D:

Also it's sequel, Moonshine~ ;3

Dangerous Tinfoil Shoes
*crinkle crinkle crunch*
Send a message via MSN to Dangerous Tinfoil Shoes

Old 06-13-2007, 10:26 PM

Sabriel. I read Sabriel non-stop. Same with the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, that was amazing. And Harry Potter books, after the first one. The first couple chapters of HP1 were really boring, so I skipped ahead and read, then went back and read the whole thing over. XD Ummm...Terrier, by Tamora Pierce, I love that one. Can't remember any others right now. :D

Akemi
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-13-2007, 11:50 PM

I love Sabriel too! Though I like the first book a lot more than the others. Sabriel was my favorite of the characters.

I think I have to look up some of these books

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 06-14-2007, 10:32 PM

"The Face on the Milk Carton" and "Peace is a Four-Letter Word"...and "The House on the Gulf" and the "Maximum Ride" Series...

And a lot more.

torhu_anime
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to torhu_anime

Old 06-15-2007, 10:51 AM

i like most of the book that i read, like the the harry potter book, twistlight, killing a mockingbird, secret life of the bee,and lot more.
some time there are some book that i really like from reading the discription on the back or inside of the book but when i read the first few chapter it was boring and i end up just give up on it. i dont like book that start out with something boring that make you fall asleep.

mesic
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to mesic

Old 06-15-2007, 06:30 PM

I picked up "Dune" the other day when I was bored of waiting at the library for my sister. I kind of had a vague recollection of enjoying the movie, so I figured the book would be a good way to pass an hour or so...

... I'm on the third book now. Its funny, because I've never been much for reading space sci-fi sort of novels, but I'm just REALLY REALLY drawn into the world Frank Herbert has created. His style of writing is so elegant and vivid... I remembered more and more of the movie just by reading his detailed descriptions of things.

I'm sad because the library doesn't have the fourth book in stock, though. They have the fifth, but not the fourth... what kind of crap is that?
Oh well, I suppose a trip to the bookstore wouldn't hurt...

morrissey
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via ICQ to morrissey Send a message via AIM to morrissey Send a message via MSN to morrissey Send a message via Yahoo to morrissey

Old 07-05-2007, 03:04 AM

Yep. To name a few, The Tenth Circle, some Nick Hornby books, The Unbearable Lightness Of Being, Naked Lunch... I probably have more but I don't remember any.

[edit] Oh, The Bartimaeus Trilogy.

Tease
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Tease

Old 07-05-2007, 04:00 AM

YES. I love those books.

All the Harry Potter Books, and The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown were a couple I couldn't put down for a second, read them straight through till morning.

Also I just read the first book in the DarkAngel Trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce and it was very good. I didn't read the other yet. I'm not even sure if they are out.

Jinny
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 AM

^
All of the DarkAngel Trilogy books are out. I've read all of them and I couldn't put it down myself. It's an old trilogy, so the books shouldn't be hard to find. Unless you get the book with them all together. :3 It's really interesting and I recommend you to finish the trilogy and start up Meredith Ann Pierce's other trilogy, The Firebringer's Trilogy. The book gives horses a human characteristic. It's really interesting of how she gave each horse it's own personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrissey
Yep. To name a few, The Tenth Circle, some Nick Hornby books, The Unbearable Lightness Of Being, Naked Lunch... I probably have more but I don't remember any.

[edit] Oh, The Bartimaeus Trilogy.
Lovely, I love the The Bartimaeus Trilogy. Did you read the last book? I have it with me. :3 It just came out recently.

Oh, and I do suggest people to read His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman if you like/love Sci-fi readings. :3 It's a trilogy. And I guess most books I've read are trilogies. Especially the Abhorsen Trilogy with titles like Sabriel, Lariel, and The Abhorsen.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-05-2007, 03:36 PM

When I was younger and first got into the Redwall series (back in elementary school XD) I couldn't put them down for the life of me. I would walk around my house reading them, do laundry reading them (yes I did laundry in elementary school XDD) and I would sit at recess on a swing and read and read and read. lol I even went to a book signing by Brian Jacques and got a bunch of my friends into them as well.
Another series that I obsessed over was the Tortall series by Tamora Pierce - I STILL read these books - over and over and over again. I love them. And I'm so glad she stills comes out with new ones or I'd be so mad lol.
The Twilight series by Stephenie Meyers is another series that I couldn't put down when I was reading them. I stayed up all night reading Twilight the first time and finished it in less than 24 hours O.O Even though I had school XD lol I'm so glad Eclipse is coming out SOON :D

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-05-2007, 05:57 PM

yes!! happens alot,actually... :D

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-15-2007, 02:41 AM

Well, that happened to me with at least every Harry Potter book. I read it for 12 hours in a row only stopping to go to the bathroom or eat.

Krazy-kat
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-15-2007, 08:24 PM

I couldn't put down The Outsiders, The Call of the Wild, or The Giver.

They all pulled me in differently. I loved the characters in The Outsiders, the plot in The Call of the Wild, and the deeper meaning in The Giver.

I also really enjoyed The Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld.