Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 PM

...what on EARTH would it be about??

I asked this question to one of my friends, she said she would write a collection of quotes.... Then she wouldn't have to come up with all the stuff herself... ^^

- What kind of book would you write?
- What would it be about?
- Do you think you'll ever get around to actually doing it?

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-14-2007, 09:03 PM

I'm currently in the process of writing two books. One is very, very nearly finished, while the other is still in the planning stage. I've only got a handful f chapters written.

The one that I'm most excited about is the one I'm currently drafting out. It's a fantasy, so I have to build the entire world before I can even think about beginning to write.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-14-2007, 09:10 PM

I've always wanted to write a meaningful tale that connects with people in the real life, the book dealing with worldwide troubles at its core and pointing out the mistakes of the world. I've always wanted to do something like this, although I can't find any actually inspiration, so I guess I doubt it ever happening. But I'm still young and there's still time. I just hope I don't die before I even get my first chapter finished. Dx

Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 PM

I actually AM writing a book. It's about a ginger haired girl who moves in a town somewhere in Europe, along with her Maine Coon cat. Most of the inhabitants are a bit crazy, and the town itself tends to attract weird people, but still is a nice place.

Suika
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-15-2007, 01:00 AM

ACK. I've always wanted to write a book, but I can't even come up with enough inspiration and dicipline to write a couple chaptered fan fiction. xD

But I guess it would revolve around my already existing characters. Maybe just my favorite one, though. x3 I write about them enough, anways...

Nathuram
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-15-2007, 05:02 AM

Something dark. I'm tired of reading about these dreamy vampires and mortals falling in love and being forever happy. I don't want a black and white, good and evil storyline.

I have a book concept in mind. I can't say anything about it, though, because I think it's such a good idea that others might steal it :P

I've brainstormed it out in great detail, and I just have to do the actual storyline development and writing. I probably wont get around to it anytime soon..

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 08-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Hm. What would I write...? I really have no idea.

I'd try to do fantasy, but I'd probably wind up doing something with vampires and werewolves and the Masquerade. Because I'm getting damn sick and tired of the starry-eyed sappy vampires who fall in love with humans. My story would be awesome backstabbing vampire politics. And backstabbing vampires in general.

I doubt I'd ever get around to doing it, though. I don't have the patience to write anything beyond an RP post. >.>

life in red and black
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to life in red and black Send a message via Yahoo to life in red and black

Old 08-15-2007, 11:10 PM

A character I could relate too.

And then, hopefully, a beautiful fantasy world I created.

THAt's what my book would be about.

Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 08-16-2007, 11:50 AM

:D It would be a fiction fantasy, something to do with vampires. maybe vampirates xD

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 08-16-2007, 03:14 PM

I actually have plans to write a novel or series on my created fantasy land, one day when i've more life experiences behind me, and that world is bigger and stronger.

It will follow my protaganist who had landed himself stuck in this world. He will then meet a close alien friend of mine and then meet another rather odd character, who tries to help him about in this world and get home...its a pretty odd plot.

i wouldn't mind doing a quote collection book either. they always intrest me.

Runihura
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Runihura

Old 08-16-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote collections are fun but the novelty wears off fast XD
I've gone through like 70 different stories and I have a problem staying on one.

Freudian Slip
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 08-16-2007, 05:37 PM

I have actually been thinking about trying to write a book....
Either a fantasy, horror, or mystery or if I really wanna get into it a fantasy horror with the story about people solving and trying to figure out what the horror really is and how to get rid of it and/or capture it.
Oh yeah.
I'm good.
8)

But one I've wanted to write for ahwile is about a 14 year old girl named <insert name I eventually think up here>. She plays guitar and sings shes a pretty good student. Talented in most styles of art mostly sketching, computer art and painting shes obsessed with magical things such as unicorns, dragons and faeries. She somehow ends up transported to a magical world I have yet to think of a name for where she is mistaken for either a runaway princess, renownded thief or somthing like that. On her way to find the thief, princess or whatever she makes a few friends who help her on her quest, they will also have side journies and plots in it. Its a tad over-used but I would really like to take it and make it my own story. I'm not a talented writer but I really want to try to become one. I guess my story is a tad, eh but its for practice and such...I 'unno. I think I may start on it tonight now that you've got me thinking so much about it. If you have any ideas for it PM me here or contact me as .[Glitter Poptart]. on Gaiaonline please.

That would be the book I wrote, that I will start on tonight or sometime soon.
x'D

-scuttles away and hides from any fruits being thrown at her.-
D 8

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 08-17-2007, 02:03 AM

• I tried writing a fantasy novel when I was in the sixth grade. I was hundreds of pages into the first of a whole series of books...and then my dad and uncle wiped out my hard drive because they were upgrading my ancient computer. ._.; So...months of writing was forever lost. I tried writing it again, but it wasn't the same...

So now I just write short stories. >_>;;

If I were to write again, I would stick to fiction. Fantasy, historical fiction, and...just general fiction. xD

neur0mancer
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to neur0mancer Send a message via Yahoo to neur0mancer

Old 08-17-2007, 07:36 PM

Hrmm... If I were to write a book, itd be something existential and cyberpunk, heavily influenced by William Gibson.
Now, if I actually wrote well, had patience, and an idea other than that above, I might take a stab at it.
A failing, weak stab. xD

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 AM

I've only ever attempted to write a book once in my life, at the tender age of 12 or 13... I just wrote whatever came to mind, it was going to be a fantasy romance type thing but I could never come up with what to write in the middle so I gave up.

Now I've got this fanfiction I started writing when in 2002 and I never got around to finishing it, though I promised myself I would. Just got no idea what to write in the middle.

If I were to write a book from scratch with no fandom to base it on, I'd like to either write a realistic drama or a fantasy romance. meh...me and my fantasy romances...

Youn
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-19-2007, 09:23 AM

I've made so many attempts at writing a novel and none of them have ever become finished, they just expand in all directions.
What I'd really like to do is actually to write a childrens' story book. I've always admired the Oz books, Le petit prince and the Moomin books so probably something like that. Fun books with a hint of melancholy.
I'm not sure I'll be able to pull it off, though.

Nagahashi_Miharu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 PM

I'm extremely uncreative when it comes to making up storylines. All the manga I've planned to draw are so cliche and doesn't feature one drop of originality. I suck with fantasy since I'm too uncreative and unoriginal to create a separate world or concept. If I had to write a book, it would probably be realistic drama with a bit of fantasy like the manga I'm currently working on.

That I have no idea. Maybe a novel adaptation of my manga? Or something about five expensive private schools and each school has some kind of "legendary item". Each school will be having students who will try to steal the items from the other schools and try to collect all five. Something cliche like that.

No. I prefer drawing manga instead of writing a book. Also, I'm a lazy person.

LadyKikyo
I am known on some other sites a...

Old 08-22-2007, 04:40 PM

I would write a fantasy book
It would be about a different kind of world, similar to Earth in some ways, but way in the past, stuff that could mayyyyybe be plausable yet different enough to keep it interesting
I am writing it ^.^ just going very slow and not sure when I will ever finish it, someday though lol

Lyria_Kae
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-08-2008, 04:53 AM

Ooooo, writing is one of my passions! I plan to write a good many books [and have at least one published] in my lifetime. :)

Now, as for what I'd write about, that's difficult. I often have a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head, and it's hard to stay focused on just one idea for a prolonged period of time.

However, if I do stay on track with my most recent idea, then it'd be a fantasy novel. It's basically about saving existence.... and I have the weirdest characters. God I love them. Especially my main character, because she's very forgetful, like me. Also, she kind of overreacts to things sometimes, which is hilarious. Picture your most jumpy friend getting scared. Yeah. She's like that, only about a lot of things. XD

I actually started writing it for my writing class this past year, but I've been struck with writer's block now, so I haven't been able to continue. :/ Which is a shame, because this is the longest I have ever spent on a single writing project before -- about seven months in school, ten now that I`ve finished school! [Yikes, that's a long time. :O] I`ve got a good twenty or so pages written so far and I can't wait till I work through my writer's block and continue... :)

Goldenapple
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 06:05 PM

The types of books that I would actually be interested in writing are children books and young adult stories (novels, I guess).

The genre's for both would probably be fantasy.

Eventually I will get to the point where I feel comfortable with writing books. Right now I am working on the fantasy world that I would use for my stories, but it is still far from satisfactory.
One day, though.

Ichigo Kurosaki
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-08-2008, 10:47 PM

Fiction -or- Fantasy
Not sure yet. When I get inspired, it'll come to me. :P
No. I've never actually finished anything that I write.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-09-2008, 03:28 AM

Well actually my current boyfriend and I kept joking of publishing one of the rps we have done that now is almost turning into a trilogy so to speak, lol, however serious editing would be called in to fix and take out copyright sensitive stuff.

Dynamite
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-09-2008, 04:36 AM

I've got a ton of ideas that I'd LIKE to write about...most are some form of tragic/gothic-esque fantasy stories that always end up having tragic heros and a bittersweet end...I'm terribly fond of horrible plot twists and stories that don't end happily--just because that's realistic and means more to me.

...I've got more than a dozen GOOD ideas for stories (I think...) but I'm just too 'lazy' to do anything about it. It might be different if I had a computer of my own to type on, but because I'm sharing it with three other people, I hardly have any time on it to do my ONLINE business...I'd NEVER finish a book if I tried to write it on this thing, now. With my luck, someone'd end up erasing it, anyway...

Dayla
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 06:32 AM

I may actually start writing one soon. It'll be an urban fantasy or paranormal type book. Partly because the idea I've got intrigues me, and partly because I want to try something different from most of the books I've read in those genres.

I also have the barest outline for a fantasy book, but it's not enough yet for me sit down and try writing.

LeaSmith
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-09-2008, 05:31 PM

I don't really know. But I've got the feeling I need to write a book. I'm kind of obsessed with pens and pretty papers ^^;