Liriu Koita
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Liriu Koita

Old 08-09-2008, 06:47 PM

I AM writing a book.
I have writer's block, though.

It's about the epic battle to prevent the demon-like creatures of a certain plane from taking over the human realm. The problem is, only one human can see them and the angels who are fighting them. >.o it's complicated, that's not even the half of it.

Cemetery
Mene Penpal

Old 08-10-2008, 01:07 AM

I am auctally going to write a book soon, It's gonna be a biogrophy on my life in foster care and how it was a unjustifed placement. [Family did nothing, I did nothing, Our house was dirty, DSS was never involed until they forced themselves into our life.]

Cherish
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-10-2008, 04:45 PM

Well, writing books is my job- it's what I do anyway!

Currently, I'm writing a book about a dead woman who watches her husband from beyond the grave, but gradually realises that the more she watches him, the more she misses him... and the less willing she is to wait for him to die naturally.
So she starts looking for ways to speed up the inevitable.

Emrysa
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Emrysa

Old 08-10-2008, 05:19 PM

I've thought about writing a book before. But I don't think it would be good enough. When I was little I wrote a short story about King Arthur. Sometimes I read it and laugh because it's so horrid.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 08-12-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
- What kind of book would you write?
I'd either write a drama or a fantasy if it were a novel otherwise a picture book with simple but adorable art.

Quote:
- What would it be about?
If it were a drama it'd be set in an South Eastern war zone during the late 70s. If it were a fantasy I'd make a parallel universe to our own world. As for the picture book, I'd have cute simple artwork which I'd do myself and accompany it with a short but sweet story. That's as far as I've thought with my book ideas.
Quote:
- Do you think you'll ever get around to actually doing it?
The only time I've ever attempted to write a novel was when I was about 12, I got too excited because I had what I thought was a great ending planned so I rushed the middle to get to the end. Unfortunately I don't know whether I still have the book I wrote this story in or not, but I think it'd be good to read for a laugh.

As for recently I haven't had time to write stories much, I'm still working on my chaptered fanfiction I started in 2004. I want to finish the fanfiction before I start a new piece of writing. Although I've been considering writing a novel as part of NaNoWriMo which is short for National Novel Writing Month. Its actually an international event.

I hope to one day be able to get a book published but at the rate I'm going its highly unlikely.

Last edited by King; 08-12-2008 at 09:33 PM..

MistressVampFreek
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-12-2008, 01:01 PM

I did. I'm younger than 15, and I write like a college student. My teacher held a contest and I wrote a book about vampires, big suprise, and a club. It was awesome, but the publisher must have been jealous! He said it sounded like a teenager wrote it... I wonder why it was written like that? :sarcasm:

dark_tenshi17
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-12-2008, 03:46 PM

I have a manuscript for a children's book written up. I want to show it to my friend to see if she'll draw the pictures for it. It's actually part of a series I want to write.

I've also always wanted to write a fantasy book, or another one which I have had planned for awhile but haven't decided if I want to write or not; it would be about the apocalypse and the 7 deadly sins and 7 heavenly virtues.

Cherry_Doll
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2008, 07:53 AM

I want to become a writer for a career when I'm older but for now I'm stuck with fanfiction.

But, If I were to write a book, I would probably make it about vampires, pirates, adventure, danger, and love.

I just wish I had enough inspiration to sit down and start writing -_-'

attackat
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-16-2008, 06:16 PM

I'm in the middle of a book, but I'd really love to write a good 50's sci-fi novel. Something to do with the end of the world and the planets being alive, less the people's worries about the end, but more the planets. Lots of personification. I'm not sure I ever could write it though, because I'm always getting distracted by other things:sweat:

Neko Neko Kitty
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Neko Neko Kitty Send a message via Yahoo to Neko Neko Kitty

Old 08-16-2008, 06:27 PM

Mine would probably be a pattern book of knit and crochet projects and little stories here and there with lots of pictures.

Genji to Heike
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-18-2008, 06:02 PM

It will probably be a fiction book. Fantasy or sci-fi. One of my plot bunnies most likely.

XxDark_ElfxX

Old 02-21-2009, 07:16 PM

i love writing books but i can never seem to get past fourty pages. i am writing one right now and i have a good feeling that i can stick to it. (i always writie fantasy and this one is no different :])

its about an eleven year old girl who thinks both of her parents are dead. her mother is really the main evil person (still working on that) The girl doesnt know she is really a "Shadow Seeker" meant to keep the balance of good and evil intack by hunting "demons" on this world and her real world.
still a rough outline. sounds kind of cheesy right now but im sure it will get better. XD

Granger Danger
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2009, 07:31 PM

If I were to write a book, it would probably be a collection of stories OR an actual book about my pirate OC's. So I guess it would be action/adventure/humor, since they're all 15...
I'm currently working on the actual characters, but I'm sure I could think of an actual plot. Eventually :sweat:

psychotictunafish
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-21-2009, 11:40 PM

I've been writing for fun in my spare time lately. I'm currently cowriting a book with a friend that we hope get published at sometime. :D I have a few projects of my own I would like to finish someday, but I'm not sure if I ever will. Trying to come up with good solid characters is fun to do in my spare time though. ^_^

Maggerz
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-02-2009, 02:41 AM

I've actually written a few.

One is a sort of Jane Austen style about a broken heart being mended in the 1850s ish. Another is about a guy who makes a deal with The Devil in the early 1900s. Then I have a series that's a mix between LoTR/Power of Five/Hellboy/Helsing...ish...I don't really like explaining it.

I might get around to publishing them...maybe.

Byaggha
*^_^*

Old 03-02-2009, 03:17 AM

I try to write one every year, for NaNoWriMo. I've so far got several different stories on varied topics with roughly 25,000 words each to them. Stories include:

- The tale of a blind troll archer, blessed by the gods.
- The last surviving sane pixie on the run from her cannibalistic cousins.
- My own memoirs, as boring as they are.
- A series of shorts based on the occupants of an intergalactic trading ship
- A really bad vampire novel I wrote for the heck of writing a really bad vampire novel.

One day, one of them might get done. But that won't be any time soon at the rate I'm moving. :D

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 03-02-2009, 01:39 PM

I'm working on several stories, but I neeed to focus to work on the two best ones. I keep getting sidetracked! Ones about magic thieves.

IgnisFae
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-03-2009, 12:07 AM

Hehe, I'm currently trying :P to write an anthology of short fantasy stories. Most of the characters are loosely based off of people around me. I'm having fun building up a whole world for everyone tho. :D Otherwise, I've written a bunch of other short stories. I'm not much of a novel person, even though I love reading long stories. :D

Byaggha
*^_^*

Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 AM

@IgnisFae: I have that problem too, I really have to stretch to write anything long enough to be considered novel length. That's probably the number one reason my NaNo attempts crash and burn every year, aside from school claiming my soul and refusing to let me do anything fun until Christmas vacation. =3

Dorkfish
Hot Neal. xD

Old 03-07-2009, 09:12 PM

When I was younger, I used to love to make comics. They were pretty well drawn - for my age at that time, anyways.
Nowadays, I like to write chapter books. Though, most of them I never get around to finishing. My current, and longest, is called Moonlight Wolf. And, yes, it's about werewolves. :) You know how hard it is to think up stuff like that without getting ideas from Twilight. Because, I don't want it to be horrid.
I don't know if I should post it chapter by chapter here on Menewsha, or just keep it in written word. Suggestions?

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 03-08-2009, 02:40 AM

It would be a fantasy romance, possibly paranormal.

The one I'm currently working on is about thieves and slaves. Another one that I haven't worked on in a while, but will soon (as soon as I get the prologue back from the friend who's writing it) is about the goddess Night, the Breeze god, a mortal, the first Vampyr, and revenge. I also have several others, but I haven't even started them. They are just a sentence on my powerpoint (what I use to organize my thoughts).

I hope I get them done, but I'm a serious procrastinator. I have sat staring at a blank page after finally telling myself to stop planning and just write. I had pretty must every little detail planned. And so I tried writing it. I knew exactly where I wanted to start. But I had no idea how to start. So, I may get around to it, but the odds favor I wont.

Kawaii Kenni
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-08-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
- What kind of book would you write?
- What would it be about?
- Do you think you'll ever get around to actually doing it?
For the second question, I already have a couple of answers:

1) A fantasy adventure, with lots of mentions of myths and legends as a motif
2) A translation of Paradise Lost into more accessible language
3) My own version of Paradise Lost, in how I see the events of the plot (i.e. Genesis)

In regards to the first question, therefore, the books would be:

1) Fiction
2) Re-working and adapting someone else's work
3) Technically my own fiction, as I am retelling the story of Genesis from how I see it going down

And finally, the third question:

1) I've already started writing it, and I have it all planned out. Now, whether I get back to writing it is the problem, as time is not kind to me at the moment, with finishing higher education and then going into university

2) This one I could see myself doing for an English Language project, if not my own amusement one day. It'd be fun if this was a task I had to do for university.

3) This I would like to try one day, after writing my first novel, the fantasy fiction. I would also like to think that I'd publish both the second and third at the same time, as a sort of "Read whichever you prefer, original or new". If only because the re-telling would balance out what evil I would be called for writing a different version altogether

Finally, the titles:

1) Riku no Shinwa (Slug title/Production title - Means "The Land of Myths")

2) Paradise Lost Yet Accessible (Paradise Accessible?)

3) Paradise Questioned

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 03-08-2009 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Added quote tags to spoonfeed questions.

Lela Rose
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-08-2009, 08:43 AM

Haha, I try to write all the time. I usually never finish. I am REALLY bad at making up endings and tying up loose ends. I used to write a lot of fan fiction though, mostly Harry Potter, so I suppose I would write fantasy.

I would just write whatever that interests me, really. I have a few plots stuck in my mind right now that I'd love to actually type up, but I'm finding it really hard to start. They aren't fantasy though, mostly just drama stuff that I want to write out to entertain myself :P

Will I ever get around to it? Who knows :3

ShiroChaan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to ShiroChaan

Old 03-17-2009, 04:53 AM

I have sat down and started writing many books before, but there are two that I would LOVE to sit down and finish...

Here are the ABRIDGED versions:

Geo, a member of a were-wolf-like race that can transform whenever they want to, watches as his village is destroyed and his family and friends die from a tsunami. He then travels the world searching for another village of wolves. On the way he meets the prince of a kingdom called Aluria.
The people of Aluria refer to themselves as High-Elves and see themselves as the most sophisticated beings on Era (the world this takes place in), and are not at all wrong in their assumption. Because they are the longest lived race on Era, they are the most intellectual. The High-Elves seclude themselves from the rest of society and do not let outsiders get close to them.
When Geo meets Ian he is terrified that he will be executed, but to his fortune, Ian is very interested in the outside world (which his tutor, Mykal, educated him about, illegally). The two of them fall in love and Ian betrays his kingdom, leaving his princedom to his son. The High-Elves believe that Geo has kidnapped Ian and chase after them. Ian's father calls off the search because he isn't fond of Ian for having interest in the other races.
When Ian finds out that Geo's life span is only 50 years and his own is 10,000 years, he is devastated and eagerly seeks out a way to postpone Geo's death. One day, while Geo is at the bar, a Draconis (dragon-like person) tells him that there is a powerful shaman that lives on Derrith Hill that may be able to lengthen his life span.
Geo travels to Derrith Hill and meets with the shaman-- a frightening man named Pthenatharianus (Pthen, pronounced with a "fhu" sound at the beginning for short). Pthen tells Geo that the only way he can help him his by donating half of Ian's life span to him. Geo is warned that this is an incredibly painful procedure and may result in death for both of them. Geo tells Ian and Ian immediately accepts.
Their life spans are equalized, giving Geo enough time to find and repopulate his race. On their journey to find the wolves, Geo educates Ian of the outside world and introduces him to every race there is.

FWEW! That was a mouthful...

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-17-2009, 05:45 AM

I am planning to write and illustrate 2 graphic novels. I can't tell you what they are about, because then you wouldn't have to read them. I will say one is a bit of a scary story.