Mrs_Sarcasm

Old 03-23-2009, 10:43 PM

I always wanted to write a book. Tried my hand at fan fiction a few years back, didn't finish most of them so kinda stopped writing anything non-study related altogether. But if I ever DO write a book, it'd be something fantasy and romance, or a hilarious comedy-style about two friends or a few close friends who just can't live on their own without the help of their mothers.. This idea was in my head for a while now, since I finished college actually. I don't think I'll ever get around to writing it though, I'm very good at procrastination, I lack motivation and perseverance.

Gumdrop Raindrop
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Gumdrop Raindrop

Old 03-24-2009, 03:16 AM

I would probably have to say I'd write a book about all of the stories I began but never finished. It would go from a vampire romance to a teen with rage inside her because of the enviroment she lives in to a heroine facing off against cannibals. Maybe I would put in some of my older poems in it as well.

That, or maybe a teen series about all the ideas I've created. I enjoy making characters with spunk or a sort of..gentleman tradition about them-if that made any sense at all :)

Would I get around to actually doing it? Maybe someday when I find the motivation ^_^. It's a dreamy dream though :heart:

Dork

Old 03-28-2009, 10:23 AM

I want to try to write a book, but I worry it'll be too short and not very interesting :B
I guess it would be a romance or fantasy, both fiction x3
Something like, a magical world, with fairies, goblins, wizards, etc.. I'd definitely make a series.
But if it were something that involves love, it would have to have a twisty plot.
I'm so weird >o<;;

Violet_Beauregarde91
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-31-2009, 12:55 PM

It would be a bunch of funny books. One would be a book of twisted classic stories, another would be a book of two stories combined and you have to guess what they are, a third would be an ultimate book of lists and still another would an "anti-manners" book (after all, we get quite enough manners books, ;P!). I sometimes write some fan-fic about the character who I named my avatar after.

Lunaiika
Queen Lavina

Old 04-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Um..... well-
Quote:
- What kind of book would you write?
Definitely a fiction one. I can't stand nonfiction. If i wanted nonfiction, i can go to a library, and get a dictionary for crying out loud, and, maybe, an encyclopedia.
I HATE nonfiction, and i'd do fiction, or maybe even Science Fiction...
that's about all i care about right now.
Quote:
- What would it be about?
A dangerous discovery... boring at first, but really detailed... and, because it's a book, it might get a bit graphic in battles. I'd probably come back to these sites, and look up RP ideas... but- not the one where someone dies every 5 pages of posts... lol!
Quote:
- Do you think you'll ever get around to actually doing it?
Sadly- no.. i have ZERO patience for writing books, and when i write a poem, i leave it alone and hardly ever go back to check on it or that sort of stuff... and if i can't even put my mind on a POEM then what would i do for a book....?
But- if i were like stranded on an island, and i had no internet *lol*, then i'd probably get around to it.. and i might even turn it into a movie... if i ever got home.... because- well.
You get the point. PROBABLY not.

Last edited by Lunaiika; 04-02-2009 at 04:59 PM..

NatalieTR12

Old 04-08-2009, 12:44 AM

It would most likely be Fiction..i probobly wouldn't get around to it

Yorihiko
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearest View Post
I've been writing for about 14 years now. So it's kind of like breathing for me. Only more fun. -laugh-

I know a lot of people set out to write books, or they say they will some day and then never do, and then they'll say something like, "oh, I just never got around to it," or "oh, I couldn't think of a good ending." But although I've started a lot of stories, the most serious of them (the ones I had planned to write seriously and then finish) were all discontinued on moral or ethical grounds. So basically, as I became more aware of how to write responsibly and morally, there were things I saw in my works that I knew would not be good to put out there (for the sake of some people at least). And don't bother telling me how stupid you think that is. I know a lot of people think it's stupid, but "a lot of people" won't have to answer to God for what I write. I will.

What would they be about? Basically I do anything but solid horror or romance. Horror because I think I'm better at it than would be generally good for even my sanity, and romance because I think it's trashy, cheap and pointless (if not sick and cruel) to write something the only purpose of which is to give people filthy thoughts, work up their lowest passions (make animals out of them), or at best, make a lot of people out there feel like crap because "nothing like that ever happens in their life". But that being said, I will write elements of both (and romance, tastefully done, in the more proper sense) into other stories.

I hope in the next couple of years to get back to my most serious project, which is just technically fantasy, on the grounds it takes place in another world. But right now life doesn't seem to want to let me get that serious about anything. (Too much chaos.) But who knows... I'm ready to go when inspiration is.

Kat Flower
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-09-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
I'd write a fantasy/adventure or sci-fi novel. Probably something dark. I have a few religious based ideas too.

Quote:
Oh gosh, I have so many ideas jumping around in my head. Thieves, Atlantis, ghost, outerspace, mutants, pirates, other worlds, time warps, pirates.... and the list just goes on. :XD

Quote:
I better, because I want to be an author someday. My writing needs some major improvement though (because of a lack of practice). :XP

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 04-10-2009 at 02:05 PM..

OnyxSaphire
*^_^*

Old 04-14-2009, 01:23 AM

It would have to be a fantasy, I enjoy those stories the most so I would have to write to my taste. I have some thoughts jumbled around in my head about what it would be about put they're just pieces, no actual plot. I probably won't ever write it, i never seem to have time and I'm not sure if I will be able to fit all the little pieces together into an actual story.

IgnisFae
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-14-2009, 04:10 PM

I'm working on a collection of short stories currently, all based in another world of my own creation. I find world building is a lot of fun, but when the setting is all done, I have to sit down and reawlly see how my characters fit into that kind of place. THe genre would definitely be fantasy, with a little sci-fi? It involves some pretty random stuff, but should turn out okay once I'm done.

Stallion Duck
an angel who did not so much fal...
Send a message via MSN to Stallion Duck

Old 04-16-2009, 09:30 PM

Rockstars probably.
That's what I'm writing about for my english write now.

DoomStar
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-16-2009, 11:41 PM

Id write a sad dark book from a persepective view which is sad and dark.
Itd be about the universe and a living thing of course...whats a story without a being thing,a being thing includes computers.

do i think ill write about????
welll no....but you never know............

Amiiu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-19-2009, 12:26 AM

I'm not good at writing in the first place so I wouldn't even try to write a book. However, if for some reason I do write a book, it'll probably be an adventure with the setting of someplace, sometime related to history. Because I tend to like books like that and I really like history.

Insert_Witty_Username
Flamboyant Gelatinous Kumquat
Send a message via MSN to Insert_Witty_Username

Old 05-02-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
What kind of book would you write?
I'm very unorigional, so I'd probably do a sequel to a book/manga I'd already read
Quote:
What would it be about?
It would be similar to it's predecessor, but It would probably have a HUGE twist in it!
Quote:
Do you think you'll ever get around to actually doing it?
I sometimes start, but then I never get past the first chapter. I'm useless...

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 05-02-2009 at 04:53 PM.. Reason: Added quote tags to spoonfeed questions.

Lunar_Sky
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2009, 06:29 PM

I am really thinking about writing a book.
What it is about is that two children (Maybe teens) living in a world where people have these special powers (Like read minds, teleports, shape shifting, etc.) and one of them (The brother) becomes evil because he does not think it is right for people who does not have these powers should live. It is odd, I know, but then again, it could be great.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 05-10-2009, 11:50 PM

Almost everything that I've ever written has fantasy elements--whether in a completely other world, a slightly altered version or this one, or simply a world where magic is real. I think that I've only written completely alternate-world stuff a few times.

But, yeah. Usually something fantasy-oriented. I've gotten around to them--I just get side-tracked so often! D: I'll finish at least one someday. My only problem is that I always think, "And THEN what happens?" And it goes on and on. :gonk:

But, yes. I'll write a book. Specifics.... It's hard to do short summaries of them.

lslines
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-05-2009, 10:07 AM

Wow, it seems a lot of you on this site are big on the fantasy fiction thing. I've never been able to write fantasy. I wind up all confused and caught up in tropes and clichés.

I've never been very good at plot. Or at least not interesting, complex, entertaining plots that you find in books. The stories I write would probably make better webcomics, in whatever the genre is that Sandra K. Fuhr's Friendly Hostility is in. If you haven't read this comic, by the way, as long as you have no qualms with gay relationships (non-explicit), I completely recommend you check it out here at the first strip.

Everything I write is about the characters more than story, and the story's usually very slice-of-life when there is one. Occasionally with ghosts thrown in.

If I were to actually plan things out and write something with a real plot though, it would probably be about a pair of ghost-hunting young adults and their mental team of inventors, helpers, friends and family.

Or, it has just occurred to me, I have a few pieces from a story I invented a few years back. It was a sci-fi dystopian story set in a world where aging has been almost eliminated via genetic modification. It stars a girl named Eve and a boy named Shaun, both of whom do age at a regular rate thanks to flaws in the system, their friend Steeve (who is somewhat mentally-deficient thanks to more flaws in the modification system) whose best friend is a chicken, and a whole cast of zombie and vampires.

If I were to actually write one, it might be that second one. It's got a better story and a more rigid plot, and the research for the scientific aspects and portrayal of Steeve would be such fun, and so interesting!

Ricochetra
Ambassador of the Shrooms

Old 06-11-2009, 03:49 AM

I would write my book in, just like half the people on the internet, a midieval setting, with, of course, a fantasy genre.It would be about my role play characters, because I originally created them to write a book about them in the first place.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearest View Post
Something that has to do with magic and adventure, and includes plane-traveling, like having a modern-day person somehow wind up in another world where magic and mythical creatures like dragons exist, etc. I've read a lot of novels of similar subjects and it's always interested me a lot.

The story'll probably mainly be about the person who was dropped there's adventures, making new friends, traveling, eventually finding him or herself involved in bigger plots and had to do something about it whether he or she wants to or not or risk dying/becoming unhappy for the rest of his/her life, etc, then finally overcoming the obstacles and either return to his/her former life/world or stay there and live happily ever after.

I have no idea if I'll ever get around to doing it, it calls for some major plotting and my mind's usually too jumbled to do that...I just doodle ideas down here and there and maybe someday when I gather enough I'll start.

NorthEastFire
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 06-12-2009, 08:45 PM

I make up plots for stories and books all the time, but I never seem to get around to writing them, and when I do, normally I get tired of it about halfway through and never finish them. Either that or I go back and reread, become dissatisfied with what I've written, and start all over rewriting, which gets extremely tedious the second or third time through.

Normally I write fantasy or stories with some kind of paranormal twist. I find it difficult to come up with plots, though, because I'm always trying to think of something that hasn't been written a million times before, and I guess I'm not really the most creative person.

Gummiebearsour
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-13-2009, 11:03 PM

I like writting about spies and such, but then again i can write a romance novel, its all depending on my mood or so,

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
---It would most likely be a fantasy! Those are the ones that I'm predominantly working on right now, at least!
Quote:
---Um, one is about an epic quest to get the true king on the throne and right all the wrongs in the land, and the other is about a witch, her familiar, and an evil sorceress.

Quote:
---Oh, by King Jareth's Magical Peaches, I sure hope so! I have a horrible case of ongoing writer's block. I really need SOMETHING to get my rear kicked into full-time throttle!!!!

Last edited by fiarra; 06-19-2009 at 02:02 AM..

Adain-chan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Adain-chan

Old 06-20-2009, 04:40 AM

It would be about Zombies. In fact I'm working on writing a book about zombies right now! I love zombies. More then vampires or werewolves or anything else.

Horo
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-20-2009, 05:45 PM

If I was writing a story book, it would most likely end up being about my life, except I wouldn't be human. Also, it would not be about vampires. :XD
If I was some sort of other race, I would use things that happen to me daily and make it more exciting and change it a bit so that it would fit into the book somehow. Or things that I imagine happening to me that would be so fun and exciting!
Throw a little love story in there too, of course. Love is pretty much the best thing in the world and everyone loves love.

And if I was to write a non-story book, it would end up being about things in the world that not many other people noticed. Just daily things. How it changes and how people act and not realize, all the little things like that which people don't really stop and pay attention to.

opalistic8
The artist in training ;)

Old 06-29-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
What kind of book would you write?
All the books I've tried to write have been non-fiction. I can't stand the real stuff, and I love fantasy and sci-fi xD

Quote:
What would it be about?
All of them so far have been about some fantastical creature, or a human turning into or becoming like a creature. Except one, Ocean Rider, but that was a human with the ability to speak to sea creatures, so that doesn't count. x)

Quote:
Do you think you'll ever get around to actually doing it?
I probably will get back around to all of my stories eventually... I just need to get my technique right as well as figure out actual beginnings and ends for the books. Not good at those. Only climax's. xD