Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 PM

I usually read a few pages, but that's just to see if I think I'm going to like it. I always buy my books.

If you're not going to buy them, why don't you just go to a library instead of getting grubby finger prints and creases all over books people might actually want to keep. xP

zorabell

Old 11-07-2007, 10:31 PM

personally i will buy books, but if i'm just stopping there for a while i read a book there i already bought

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 AM

I buy the books and then lounge around the store reading them. I love finding that chair in the back of the store in the corner. Curl up in the chair and just get lost in the book.

Not sure how many hours of my life I have wasted in a Barnes and Noble, but I think I should become an employee...get paid for all the time I am there.

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae

Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 AM

Well, I've been guilty of hovering in the manga, sci-fi, or horror sections and reading until I finda book that I can't walk away from. I can literally sit and read all day in a bookstore. That's when my friends usually realize that I'm still there and drag me home too...

I'll buy close to a dozen books at a time when I have money and then go and read them at home. If it's a new hardcover book I want to read though, I'll read it at the bookstore. I'm lazy and poor.

PandaLily
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-09-2007, 02:11 AM

I sit and read the ones that are hard to find/hold in a library and then buy the ones from series that i started and didn't end yet. But i can spend 6 hours in a bookstore...

Rhythm
hiatus

Old 11-09-2007, 04:07 AM

Ahah. I feel really weird when I read in the stores.
So I usually buy books.
And I hate it because whenever I go into the bookstore, I pick out 10 books I want with each book price being like 15 dollars. D8

Jenova
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-09-2007, 04:08 AM

I just buy it if I'm there alone. If I'm with a few friends, we'll sit in a corner with a big pile of books and read till we're kicked out.

Aisha Woku
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 11-09-2007, 07:17 AM

All of my friends love to go to Barnes and Noble and sit for hours reading. I don’t though. I might read the beginning of a book or manga to see if I’m interested in it, but then I will decide either to buy it or put it back on the shelf. I don’t know why but it just makes me feel uncomfortable to read in the store.

I’m also that way in a library. I’ll look for books that I think are interesting, and then instead of sitting down and reading I’ll just check them out and read them at home. If I don’t like them I’ll just go turn them back in again.

Maybe it’s because reading is a form of relaxation for me, and something I like to do when I’m by myself. Being in a strange environment with lots of people doesn’t make me very relaxed. xD

aki-bara
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to aki-bara Send a message via Yahoo to aki-bara

Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisha Woku

All of my friends love to go to Barnes and Noble and sit for hours reading. I don’t though. I might read the beginning of a book or manga to see if I’m interested in it, but then I will decide either to buy it or put it back on the shelf. I don’t know why but it just makes me feel uncomfortable to read in the store.

I’m also that way in a library. I’ll look for books that I think are interesting, and then instead of sitting down and reading I’ll just check them out and read them at home. If I don’t like them I’ll just go turn them back in again.

Maybe it’s because reading is a form of relaxation for me, and something I like to do when I’m by myself. Being in a strange environment with lots of people doesn’t make me very relaxed. xD

That makes sense, I just don't like reading in the store, cause I feel kinda like I'm stealing >>' If I like a book, I want to buy it so the author can make more money!

Nissa
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 PM

I will read at the store only if I'm buying it and don't want to wait to read it. No offense, but it sucks when you want to buy a new manga and it's in less then perfect condition. I hate buying something someone has obviously read. But yes, before I finished the Petshop of horrors series I usually got through a good bit of the manga before I made it to the counter. Then I'd buy a bookmark by the register so I could save my spot without messing up my book.

juno rally
*^_^*

Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 PM

in the shop i go to i buy the book then go to the next floor and sit down and buy a coffie and have a read :)

its a nice way to relaxe

. M i d n i g h t .
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-10-2007, 03:15 AM

I've never read at the stores but I think that would be fun to do =]

My friends go there and read manga books they will never buy =P

clock
tick tock

Old 11-10-2007, 06:47 AM

I wouldn't be able to concentrate in a store. x__x
I always just buy them so I can read in the peace of my room.

Cherry_Doll
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2007, 03:48 PM

I do both.
I'll usually start the book in the store and then finish it at home, but if it's a book that can hold my attention for longer then 5 minutes, I could probably finish it in the book store. :)

Michan Starfire
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-10-2007, 06:24 PM

Hee hee, I do both. Sometimes I'm inspired to make a book part of my collection if I can actually READ some of it first. It's hard to make a good decision about whether or not I like a story if I can't even peek inside the cover.

KaboomPop
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-10-2007, 07:34 PM

Sometime i do and sometimes i dont

Smiley160
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM

i sit in this place in the bookstore between to selves and read and sometimes under a really big table hehe

fuyumi_saito
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to fuyumi_saito

Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 PM

I don't go to the bookstore usually, so I just buy what I want. I think it's bad to read there. I mean, you're there all day, just sitting around trying to read a book. And then you leave, buying nothing.

It is a popular thing to do. I've never been to a borders store that has allowed that. I've seen people standing around reading, then employees bug them.

Aliesier
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-11-2007, 07:38 PM

I prefer to buy books. I may read a chapter or two in a bookstore to see if I like the book or not, but that's it. If I read any more than that, it makes me feel like I'm stealing.

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 AM

Now I feel bad. ;-;

Butbutbut...

x-X

I don't really read a novel in the store. Just manga books, because I think it's a waste to spend 10 bucks for a short drawing book. xD;;

jediobiwan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-12-2007, 01:42 AM

I personally do some of both. What I hate is when they don't have enough chairs so you have to sit on the floor. :evil: I also like libraries and my city has a pretty big system and you can get books sent to your local one from anyplace in the county, so that rocks.

lavalem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-12-2007, 02:07 AM

I would buy the book because i would rather sit at home in bed all comfy and read than in a bookstore where people come and go all the time

NoteBook
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-12-2007, 10:39 PM

like you when i have the time i read in the store or when i really like this author i'll buy it.but when i read in the store im hidding because i am affraid that one person that work there see me and kcked me out !

naruu
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-14-2007, 04:39 AM

I don't really have time to read the books in the store, I usually only drop by when I know I want to buy a book. It feels awkward though to read it in the store. >_>;;

lilaithia
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to lilaithia

Old 11-17-2007, 09:38 PM

If I have time I prefer to sit there and read because it's more comfortable to me.