Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 11-25-2007, 08:36 PM

I can read Harry Potter in a few hours.

I read the 6th and 7th in about 18 hours I believe.

I think I read the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons in about 15 hours. It just depends on how much time I'm willing to set aside for reading and how fast I feel like reading.

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 AM

5 hours. it was a gooder 8)

Smellerbee
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-29-2007, 05:26 AM

Edit.

Last edited by Smellerbee; 10-30-2010 at 06:02 AM..

Indy Lyon
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-30-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirei
It all really depends on the book. >_>
The fastest I've read would have to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows in eight hours as well. xD
It was so uncomfortable, but the book was worth it. :3
Yup it all depends on the book, if it is your favourite genre and written well you can finish it very quickly. Personally within my family and friends i'm a self confessed biblophile (that's a posh name for book-lover :wink: ) and can read a great many books within hours of obtaining. Some of the stuff i've read though, is bad since even though they were fairly short (my average short is 350-500 pages) the stories was boring and unimaginative. But I've once read 4 350page books in 5 hours.
It depends on the book and your own personal preferances whether or not you get through it quickly.
The average book i buy is around 550pages and cutting all the distractions after obtaining it, my average reading time is 1-2 hrs. Again depending if I really go deaf because im so into the story :oops: :lol:
I don't skim if people are wondering :shock:

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 12-02-2007, 09:36 AM

I don't consider myself a fast reader, but usually a novel will take me about two days. One if i've got nothing on.

Azelf_Rampardos
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 AM

Well, last year, I had to read 2 books, and I read each in about 5 hours >_< I don't exactly like reading after that XD

Rainstar
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-06-2007, 09:59 PM

I read Harry Potter 7 in 6 1/2 hours.

I think it keeps taking me 1 hour to 2 hours to read each of the books in the Warriors series...
My name's not from Warriors!

I love reading. :P

Edit: When I read HP 7, I started around midnight- that's how I know, because it was about 6:30 when I finished. I fell asleep around 7:15, and slept 'till... 2?

Alaunt
Cute Things Kill People

Old 12-06-2007, 10:56 PM

Well, I have a tendancy to read really big books that are about 800-900 pages total. If I am not interupted by my parents to do something, I will be able to read the books in around four to five hours.

This is only because I am addicted and love to read. Reading is my life!

[[.sheryl.]]
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-07-2007, 09:01 AM

I think the fastest I've ever read (in one sitting) which I can remember of is Twilight in about four and a half hours. XD

I'm a sort-of fast reader, I suppose. ^^; I normally skim for information if I'm reading something boring in class, though.

Tasmia
Shadow Siren
Send a message via AIM to Tasmia Send a message via MSN to Tasmia

Old 12-07-2007, 09:17 PM

Umm...it wasn't a huge book. But the fastest I've ever read anything was like 6 hundred pages in like ten hours. The letters weren't big either x_x it was an awesome book though n.n Gotta love fantasy.

Javert
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-08-2007, 11:58 AM

I'm not sure how many hours I read it, but I read a Meg Cabot's Jinx in less than five days. Which is fast for me, as I lack the time to read novels quickly due to college. I think, hour wise, I finished in in no more than three hours. The next fastest read for me was Stephenie Meyer's Eclipse. I read that in less than a week, as well. I believe that I finished that one in maybe 5 hours, total.(I'm not sure exactly how long it took me.)
I also finished Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass in 4 days(I think.) That one probably only took me 3 hours to finish.

Berginyon
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Berginyon Send a message via MSN to Berginyon

Old 12-08-2007, 05:48 PM

Killed Harry Potter 5 in one night (no sleep), managed to read the Eye of the World by Robert Jordan in about 2 days and goth halfway through the second book in a day or so... lets see. The entire Dark Elf trilogy in less than a week (admittedly RA Salvatore is a very fast paced writer), The Stranger in maybe a day and a half (short book with rather simple language, although that is an intentional character device... but I'll avoid going on a book rant here)

I guess for the most part I rather enjoy taking my time. But from time to time when I find a book that cannot be put down, I tend to read it very quickly. Really depends on the size of the book and the wordiness of the author I think.

A~Izzy~A
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-14-2007, 02:34 AM

I've read a book with 538 pages in 2 hours,but that's a total of what i've read in about,five days. :lol: I get bored after reading 20 pages.

Aeva
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-16-2007, 02:08 PM

I read HP7 in about 10 hours or thereabouts, with a few bathrooms breaks and eating breakfast and writing down how annoyed I was at every turn of the page.

But I generally don't do marathon runs of books. I simply can't sit still long enough. So, I read them in small bursts over the course of two or three days. I finished that Eclipse book by Stephenie Meyer in about two days, because I just wanted that book to be over with.

Intoxicating Envy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-16-2007, 05:31 PM

Well, if I didn't stop reading, which I did
because of all my dang school work and stuff,
which I should be getting to today.

I would have probably read The Looking Glass Wars
in about 2-3 hours. That was a delicious book.

At my family's house over summer break, I read
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, twice in
a week and the second time I probably read it
in like 2-4 hours.

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-22-2007, 02:29 AM

XD I'm a pretty slow reader, but my greatest accomplishment was reading Lireal by Garth Nix in a day.
Usually I need to take breaks to stretch, eat and process, and I did all of that, and still finnished and enjoyed the book ^.^

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-22-2007, 04:58 AM

If I'm into the book - I can read it in one day. When I was in 5th or 6th grade when I was starting to read Redwall series - I read 3 1/3 of those books in one afternoon - that's over 1000 pages of reading in an afternoon lol When I read anything by tamora pierce or stephenie meyer i can read it in one night....lord of the rings took be a few days. Overall I'm a pretty fast reader if I like the book - if I hate the book it takes me forever - I had to read Watt for my AP English summer reading last year and it took the entire summer to read it lol I threw the book across the room D: I hated it - I also had to read 100 years of solitude AND moby dick - Watt took the whole summer and the other two books took only about a week to read lol D: It just varies for me I suppose

MasterChiefrei
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-22-2007, 06:36 AM

Depends on how much time I get to devote to the book. XD If I have enough free time I can finish a good sized book in a day if I love it. If I have work and school interfering it may take a few days since I don't have a lot of spare time. ><; I love to read and try my best to be as literate as possible. Sometimes I get lazy though. XD

Simply Tragic
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-22-2007, 08:28 AM

I'm actually quite a fast book reader.

The fastest I believe Ive read a novel
took me about three hours.

It all depends really.

Some books take me longer than others
depending on the size and how interested
I find the book.

The harry potter books were quite interesting.

A i
Dead Account Holder

Old 12-22-2007, 04:25 PM

hurmm, probably like..a day and a half...
a novel that needed to be read ( sort of for literature in school XD ) ..or else, i wouldnn't have finished it that fast =_=;

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

Old 12-23-2007, 05:36 AM

Okay, so I dunno what's more impressive...

1. The fact that I ended up finishing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in approximately 7 hours.

OR

2. The fact that I nearly blinded myself reading the leaked pdf version of HP on my computer screen all night long.

On another, somewhat unrelated note, it seems like many people read Harry Potter books really quickly after they were released. Is it just because people were worried about spoilers? I mean... as soon as I heard that the final HP book was leaked online, I quickly found the pdf version online so that I could read it before it spoilers started appearing on every single forum.

Oh, and just so no one thinks I'm a thief, I had already pre-ordered the final book. It's sitting on my bookshelf at the moment, so no damage was done to J.K. Rowling / Scholastic. Not that they really needed more money off the franchise... :roll:

Bunnyy
Proud to be nekkid since '08.

Old 12-23-2007, 07:56 AM

• i think i around 5 hours,but i take less time if its manga lol^^

kasorin
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2007, 07:14 PM

There have been a couple of books that I've read in like one to three hours. Depending on the length. Those were all less that 50,000 words I think. The fastest I've read a actual novel is five hours for the fifth Harry Potter book. I do not remember the times for the earlier Harry Potter books, but I read them all before I got my speed reading down. And inspite of reading Harry Potter in very few hours, I remember pretty much all of the details. And that is from when it came out too. :)

Rawkness
Meccha leccha hi, meccha hiney h...
Send a message via AIM to Rawkness Send a message via Yahoo to Rawkness

Old 12-23-2007, 11:23 PM

I try to savor books the first time I read them, especially if it's the last book, but it nearly killed me to stretch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows out a week. xD I think the shortest time I finished a long novel was the fifth Harry Potter book in two days.

Prince Butthead
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2007, 11:41 PM

The fastest book I have probably read was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I started reading it at night around 9:00 and continued through the entire night till around 6 or 7 o'clock in the morning. So I would say that that is pretty speedy. :)