Garnet Phoenix
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2008, 07:39 AM

My first book series I cannot remember at the moment... But I know I enjoyed them or else I wouldn't have read the books at all. I think it was the American Girls series...

Unnie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Unnie

Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 AM

I can't really remember my first series, hmm...It could've been the Box car kids also, or I could've dove right into Harry Potter. XD; One of those.

xemsax
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to xemsax

Old 02-16-2008, 07:31 PM

The Chronicles of Narnia. My mother moved my sibs and myself around a lot, and my father could not always come with us because of work. He would record himself reading the Chronicles of Narnia out loud and send us the tapes to listen to. I have always loved that series because of that, and when I was older I read the whole thing on my own, which is what really got me into reading.

Arabelle Skydancer
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2008, 08:09 PM

I was in first grade when my Mom broke her foot. We would read the Little House on the praire books together. And now 5 years I'm the best reader in my class.

Gamersdreams
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2008, 08:52 PM

My first book series was probably The Magic Tree House books. I loved them much. =]

Soko
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Soko

Old 02-17-2008, 03:35 AM

My first series was actually the Little House on The Prairie set. I really loved them though if I recall I never did finish reading them all. I wish I had but at this point I don't really care to do so.

katla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-17-2008, 04:48 AM

the first book series I ever remember reading was Hank The Cowdog xD

they always made me laugh. I'm not sure if the series inspired me, but I certainly kept on reading. I always read way too much.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 02-17-2008, 08:20 PM

In school we had to read 'The Magic Key' books when we were learning to read. I can hardly remember them but I always remember one of the characters was a girl called Biff. I know in one of the books that the they lost the key (which they did in every book, they were very irresponsible kids) and it ended up going in a lawnmower.

I think the first actual series of books that I chose to read was bits and pieces from Goosebumps. I don't think I ever found them that scary, but there was one book which had a picture of a robot on which I didn't like looking at.

I guess if it counts, my parents have a massive collection of Peanuts books which I must have read at least three times over. Then again, they might count as comics rather than actual books.

mevee
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to mevee Send a message via MSN to mevee Send a message via Yahoo to mevee

Old 02-25-2008, 10:23 AM

Mine was Animorphs. I love that series and still read it. I'm a bit disappointed at how it ended with a cliff hanger ending though.

Wickedpan-chan
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 02-25-2008, 10:35 AM

mine is the Artemis Fowl serie. i just love that serie

when i was kid i loved reading fairytails. We had two books about them bud there gone now.

@mevee realy now? i cot the one with the cat as a present. it was fun but i never got the rest of the serie.

JoieD
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to JoieD

Old 02-25-2008, 02:35 PM

My first series was probably a picture book series, the Berenstein Bears. Then there was Amelia Bedelia, the Little Women books, and the Boxcar Children once I started to read well. After that, well, there were a lot of series.

kariwe
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-25-2008, 05:32 PM

I don't think this was my first book series, but when I was in fourth grade I read the "Amber Brown" books with my best friend at the time. They were the books that really got me started enjoying reading books on my own.

Absinthe Ash
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Absinthe Ash Send a message via MSN to Absinthe Ash Send a message via Yahoo to Absinthe Ash

Old 02-26-2008, 10:19 PM

Hank The Cowdog, Goosebumps, Box Car Children, and some others I can't remember ^^

~PrincessSerenity~
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to ~PrincessSerenity~

Old 02-27-2008, 12:43 AM

My first book series were the Mandie books by Lois Gladys Leppard. I loved those books since they were so full of adventure. I plan on buying them and re-reading them and I never finished the series.

Chinen Yuuri
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-02-2008, 09:42 AM

My first book series would be the Little Prince.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 03-02-2008, 11:45 AM

Among my first series are Goosebumps, Fear Street, The Last Vampire, Animorphs, Sweet Valley High. It's strange I noticed as a kid I liked mature themed books, and I'd often borrow books from the teenage or adult section in the library.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-02-2008, 02:44 PM

I read a lot of series when I was little, but I think the one that got me into reading the books I do now(fantasy, advernture) was Llyod Alexander's series. I'm not sure what the series was called but it included Tarn the Wanderer, and the Black Cauldron. Those books got me into the whole fantasy reading.

Wickedpan-chan
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 03-02-2008, 08:06 PM

min was cald: cindy ziet ballet wel zitten.
its a dutch serie. and it was a gift to me.
it s about 8 books long
its the first book serie i completed.

its about a girl doing bally and al the adentgers she had with her friends

Elemental
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-03-2008, 01:26 AM

Lets see my first series of books that I read was the Chronicals of Narnia with my older sisters help shortly there after I read the Wrinkle in Time series by myself.
^_^
*giggles*

Nightshade1988
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-03-2008, 03:29 AM

I think it was Goosebumps. I read so many books that I can't say for sure.

JoieD
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to JoieD

Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho-Shonojo
I read a lot of series when I was little, but I think the one that got me into reading the books I do now(fantasy, advernture) was Llyod Alexander's series. I'm not sure what the series was called but it included Tarn the Wanderer, and the Black Cauldron. Those books got me into the whole fantasy reading.
The Chronicles of Prydain. Excellent books.

Lura Crane
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-06-2008, 09:06 AM

My first read series was probably random books from Goosebumps. Most likely because they were just lying around, just something to read; but also, I guess I developed a habit of reading around my older cousin (which interestingly seems to have stayed to this day, at least when we hang out)-- we'd just sit sort of next to each other and read separate books. I remember always trying to speedread to finish a book faster than him, only to fail miserably, finishing maybe a couple chapters by the time he finished a whole book.

The first series to get me really into reading books was probably the Artemis Fowl series. Otherwise, the Redwall series, which was introduced by my 7th grade teacher. Unfortunately, I had finished reading The Belltower before I realized it was part of a series. >.<; It made me sad, but didn't keep me from finding and reading the other books, most (if not all through High Rhulain) of which I now own and is nicely packed in its own row on my bookshelf. XD
It was clear by this time that I was very much so a fantasy-fan and have been ever since. ^ ^

Mars180
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-07-2008, 01:35 AM

my first book series was tsubasa and still is my favorite :P

RAWR s l i m m y
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-07-2008, 02:08 AM

I think my first was Magic Tree House.
I love the idea of it though, it still makes me think from time to time.

Buuuuut, my first that got me into reading was a series written by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. I'm not really sure what to call the series, but the characters and such were very awesome - I loved the ideas that she had [the genre was fantasy] and it really got me into writing [she published her first book at the age of 13! How inspiring!], as well as reading.

Poisoned Love
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Poisoned Love

Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 PM

Okay well it's one of these:

Babysitters Club
Sweet Valley Twins (I think this was my first series)
American Girl Series

I'm not sure which was my real first cause I began reading each of the series around the same time x]